July 31, 2014 | 1039 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Foundation #3

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kris1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

im asian with super oily skin-and i mean SUPER OILY.i bought this cuz evry1 was saying how good it looks n how it feels.well, turns out acne prone and oily skin personas should NEVERRRR go anywhere near this product!! in fact, it EMPHASIZES ur problem areas n make em stand out like a shark on a beach. also, if u think this thing lasts? forget it! made me look like a clown n my face was orange by the end of the day! dont waste ur cash!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2004 11:46:00 PM More reviews by notnic01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My esthetician recommended BE as a foundation substitute when I got a case of medication-induced acne. I went to a BE store and they selected the #3 foundation with the Bisque concealer. I can't believe how much I love this product! You really have to apply it very sparingly and let it sink into your skin, but it gives an all day flawless coverage. I use MAC brushes with it. The mineral veil is amazing.

My breakouts cleared up after I got off the medication but I am hooked on this product and will definitely continue using it. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2004 10:03:00 PM More reviews by evilbitch

I have very oily skin, and large pores. I had read in Good Housekeeping that Bare Minerals foundation is water resistant so I thought I would give it a try. It didn't give much coverage, but did feel light. I use it now as a bronzer over foundation. Also, it did become streaky shortly after application. I could have been using a too dark color, but the others just looked chalky on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2004 10:10:00 PM More reviews by conniecorn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

YUK! really did not like this at all, goes on very streaky, and when you try to get more coverage, DISASTER...would not reccomend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by nola138

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation dramatically improved my skin. The only thing I don't like about it is it made my skin look very oily, so I have to use a compact with it and blot throughout the day, but its worth it considering i can go without putting on any foundation or powder at all and not feel embarassed to step out of my house. Never thought that would happen!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2004 6:20:00 AM More reviews by tomsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For younger skin this might be a fine alternative to the foundations of a few years back (once you get the trick to applying it). For more mature and drier skin types - don't. It revealed pores I didn't know I had before and I looked 'creased' after a while. The new liquid foundations are so much improved - sheer and moisturizing, not orangey, full of spfs, etc. Try a sample of this product first to see if it will work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2004 8:02:00 PM More reviews by jcao

with my asian skin it is very hard to find a match, as it was with this meduim color foundation. but after mixing with some very neutral yellow tones i came up with a very nice match. this is the only thing i can use in this humid south Texas heat. i does not clog my pores and allows my skin to sweat without streaks of color sliding off my face. it can be a bit shiny after application, but a little MV takes care of that. it also can amplify large pores and imperfections if too much is applied. it does wear off rather quickly if you have oily skin and looks horrid if you do not exfoliate. overall this foundation is great if you live in a humid or hot environment, or find yourself busting a sweat from here to there. the bad things occur when you apply too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2004 8:45:00 PM More reviews by njquilter

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love BE products. I started using it about a year ago and people compliment my complexion all the time. I use the medium and tan colors depending upon the time of year. The trick is to not use too much (tapping the brush is very important before applying to skin) My face also cleared up from periodic breakouts. I will probably never use anything else again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2004 6:01:00 PM More reviews by ppark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I saw all of the infomercials I wanted to buy this thinking it was a miracle product. I ended up hating and never using it again... maybe because my expectations were so high? For some reason it makes me either look like I have a mask on (like a thick layer of unnatural color) or I look like I have nothing on at all. When my boyfriend said I looked like a geisha with an orange face I stopped using it completely. I am going to stick to my MAC studiofix.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2004 3:33:00 PM More reviews by tommysgrls4

I tried this last summer in Tan, YUCK! Thought it was just not the right color so I ordered medium in the Fall. Nope, not for me. My skin looks terrible with this on, it makes every imperfection magnified IMO I really like the shadows, and even the MV is okay, not this, I'm wondering if it is my age, and skin issues? I'm 48 with some lines and have had a whole lot of sun in my day :( My skin isn't horrible especially for my age, [thanks to lot's of TLC ]Just don't get why it looked so bad on me, and my GF has worn it for over four years & her face looks flawless, she has some skin issues just like the rest of us. My skin is oily, could that be part of it? Or is it just getting the application down? I've tried everything I've heard, LOL and still no..... I just read today to try using a blow dryer to your face first, because that is what you need to create, friction & heat??? And also to try applying MV, then foundation, then MV again in fine layers. Any idea's please email me!