July 24, 2014 | 1805 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by CathyAMR101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of my first higher ended liquid concealers, and I was looking for something that could pull double duty as under eye and blemish concealer. This one was recommended by the SA at MAC. She matched me to NW20 but I feel this is too pink for me. I have yellow undertones (but redness on my face) and this doesn't quite match. I think NC20 would have worked better, but I can't deduct points for simply having the wrong color. My issue with this concealer is it oxidized like crazy on me by the end of the day. I never understood what people meant when they say something has turned orange on them, now I know! It literally turns orange on my skin. I have very oily skin and this is probably what affected this but for a longwear concealer I expected more. It is definitely not long wearing on my oily skin, by midday the blemish I've covered that morning is completely bare. It's not bad under my eyes though, probably because they are drier there, and does last all day with only slight creasing. Overall, I will not repurchase this because it simply does not play well with my skin and I've accepted the fact I will need two types of concealers for different purposes. For those with drier/normal skin types, this one may work better. Oh, and a note on the packaging. I at first felt that the glass bottle felt high end and luxe, but am scared of dropping it, like other reviewers have mentioned. Not travel friendly either. Also, the pump is not user friendly because it dispenses wayyyy too much product at once, and it is very difficult to moderate this so it only dispenses what you need. I've been putting a pump into a Sephora sample container and use it from there. I am now trying the MUFE Full Cover Concealer in #3 and though it is slightly pink, it DOES last all day and doesn't oxidize! More expensive but I find you pay for what you get. Also, the Lumi concealer by Maybelline in fair is quite nice as a drugstore concealer, though it is not full coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by louisamakeup

I am a bit so-so about this concealer. I have this one in NC20 and the color is a bit off for me, especially underneath my eyes. It's too yellow. If I bought this again, I would buy maybe NW15 or NW20. It looks a bit ashy underneath my eyes, and it does crease. When I first bought it, it didn't but now it definitely does a couple of months later. I don't know why.

References:
This concealer in NC20 is too dark for the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 100 Ivory, but it is slightly lighter than 200 Soft Beige. It kind of oxidizes though so during the day it turns into the same color.

Pros:
- It lasts for a long time if you pump the concealer into a little sample pot and use the leftovers the next day (that sounds really weird but you know what I mean). I've had mine for about 6 months and there is plenty of product left, and I use it pretty much every single day.
- The consistency is not too thick.
- Color selection is great!

Cons:
- It creases underneath my eyes. I don't have wrinkles but I have, like most of us, fine lines underneath my eyes.
- Packaging, a glass bottle and you have to be careful because you really have to practise to be able to control how much comes out.
- It is a more expensive concealer.
- I don't know if this breaks me out, which sounds odd because I've used it for so long... I'm trying to figure that out. Sometimes I feel like it does, other times I'm sure it doesn't.

I hope this was somewhat helpful! x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by biancam9214

Don't get me wrong. It's a good concealer. But it's too expensive and the packaging is terrible. I like to be able to control how much I dispense and use. The pump is great but you can really control how much comes out. I always end up with too much and I do not like wasting product, especially one as expensive as this. I will continue to use what I have but I wouldn't repurchase.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by kittypuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Overall, this is one of the best concealers I have ever used and I will definitely repurchase.

Pros:
- Amazing formula! Creamy liquid makes for easy, smooth, even application with great coverage that is not flat, chalky, or fake looking
- Long lasting with NO creasing or smearing
- Easy to remove
- Does not contain sunscreen (I consider this a plus because I don't use chemical ss and don't like sunscreen in my makeup)
- Great range of colors
- Reasonable price for a high-end product ($19) - previously I used Amazing Concealer which is $28 for less product.
- You get a lot of product for the money. A little goes a long way so I could see one container lasting me well over a year, maybe even 2.

Cons:
- The pump dispenses too much product and is wasteful. I just pump into a small 5g jar and use from there to get the exact right amount. On the plus side though, the sealed pump keeps it fresher for longer (unlike a pot or tube) so it's really just the dispenser itself.
Would really only detract half a lippie for this so I still gave 5 lippies overall for a great product

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Allison95

The only thing I liked about this product was the packaging simply because the pump. I heard nothing but good reviews on this concealer so I decided to try it out because I have really bad dark circles around my eyes. I usually put my foundation then concealer on but I decided to put this concealer on first because it was a bit orange. Which I didn't mind because all the hype. Well this foundation got took back. I honestly didn't do anything worth $20 that my $6 concealer didn't do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Believe the hype over this. This product is my HG concealer BY FAR for under my eyes. I have never found another concealer that didn’t crease, and brightened so well. I am NC15 in MAC’s pro longwear foundation and I also use NC15 in this concealer, however it does have a significant brightening effect. I use this under my eyes after my foundation and Bobbi Brown corrector in light peach, and it is beautiful. I find it is best applied with a Beauty Blender. It has very good coverage, and if you want more it is buildable without caking up. I also set this with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light, and it creates a beautiful radiant effect that I love so much! I also use this on my face whenever I have a pimple to cover up when foundation just won’t do the job, and it covers perfectly and lasts hours and hours. The name “Pro Longwear” is so perfect for this concealer, it will last under my eyes for 16+ hours, and on blemishes for at least 12 hours. I will definitely repurchase, recommend, and rave about this concealer!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Kfoley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just recently purchased this and I really like it. It seems to be the only thing that can remotely cover my dark circles, it stays in place and works well under my powder. My only issue like most others is the pump that dispenses about 4x the product you need. I've started to pump into a second container and using that for subsequent days because if I threw out the leftovers every time I would be wasting 3/4 of the product. I find the price good for MAC and also in comparison to other high end concealers.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:02:00 PM More reviews by BeautybyElle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this concealer all the time it works great, i don't really even have any complaints probably only the price but i already know since it's a MAC product that it will cost a little more than competitive brands.

Anyway back to the concealer it works great i can put powder over it and foundation over it and it makes my skin look flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Full coverage
-Easily blended
-No harsh scent
-Sets to a satin-matte finish
-Lasts forever on the face without touch-ups

CONS:
-Pump top distributes too much product
-Price

BOTTOM LINE:
Would consider repurchasing when I run out. This concealer is great for covering up dark circles and blemishes and did not appear to break me out. It also lasts very long and is easy to apply. My only gripes are the price and the fact that the pump top spills out too much product. I only need a quarter to half of what it gives me and the rest is wasted. Boo.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

The first time i used this, i was in love. Blended nicely, stayed on forever and covered up everything. I have extreeemly dark circles and dark spots, and this covered it. But as i continue to use it.. it seems to not look as good as when i first applied it i guess? i'm always trying new things so that maybe it.