August 22, 2014 | 1737 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by svsv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MAC Pro Longwear is hands down the best concealer I have ever used and one of the few products I keep on repurchasing.

Originally I bought this concealer when I had terrible acne. And when I say terrible I really mean it. My skin was really oily back then and no concealer I tried would stay good looking through the day. I'm not saying this was a miracle maker, but it was definitely a lot better than anything else. It's also the only concealer I find that gave me full coverage back then. However, you do need to put on two or more layers before the coverage is flawless. I never really cared that much, so I've just always gone with one layer as it's good enough for me.t

I have now gotten rid of my acne with Accutane, but I still have some persistent scars I want to cover up. My skin type has gone through a drastic change because of the medication, and is now quite dry which means I had to change up a lot of the products I used to use. This concealer, however, has stuck with me for the whole time. I used it during Accutane and I'm still using it on a daily basis!

Only problem with this concealer is that I don't think it works that well under the eyes. It does cover up well and doesn't really crease, but I find that it's a bit drying on that area. Concealers with a more creamy and moisturizing concistency seem to give a better result, at least for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by JustMeas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The changes our skin goes through: hormones, weather, season changes...
Every concealer that had worked before was settling into fine lines (Estee Lauder DW, MUFE full cover, MAC studio finish, MAC select cover-up, Amazing, It). I've had this one for many months but wrong shades. Worked out some mixing of the 2 shades I had and finally matched. And By George it's working! Very little settling into fine under eye lines. Now, does the eye shadow primer I use under eye come into play as well - idk, but this is the best look for this woman of a certain age. After a full long day (10+ hours) hardly any creasing and as I always make clear, I am a real woman with a real job. I don't have time for touch ups and fluffing throughout the day. MAC prolongwear concealer holds the line - no pun intended.

Tip: Whatever concealer you're using, don't miss using over an eye shadow primer. This trick could help with staying power and help hold creasing back.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by xodrpickles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this concealer a lot, but primarily for under the eyes. It doesn't have a tremendous amount of coverage but it does have quite a bit of pigmentation compared to some other concealers. I like the formula because it rarely ever creases and works wonderfully as a primer/base for my eyeshadows. The packaging sucks because I'm constantly worrying the glass bottle will shatter, so I've left it in the little black box it comes in just as a precaution. The product dispenses too much at a time, but I find use for it or put it into a tiny sample container for later use if need be. Other than that, it's a $25 concealer which lasts forever, so a great investment in my opinion. Doesn't seem to break me out or irritate my skin either, so that's a plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am new to concealers, this is my only concealer, does not settle in my lines, goo coverage. A little goes a long way, I recommend pumping the thing carefully because a lot of liquid tend to spiIl. It is lightweight and definitely does not cake under my eyes. I use the Laura mercier concealer, OMG, I saw all my lines being filled with that trash, not a pretty picture. This is a little expensive but it is definitely worth the splurge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have been through so many concealers lately. Amazing Cosmetics was my HG but my skin has changed as I enter my thirties & I recently noticed it dried out my skin leaving it flaky. I used Benefit Erase paste but had issues with it staying on. So I tried this out and it works great on my slightly dry skin.
Pros:
covers my terrible under eye circles but felt lightweight
doesn't cake up under my eyes
doesn't flake out on my dry skin
stays put all day
helps keep eyeliner put
Cons:
the packaging....
The packaging is the only con for me. i wish it was in a squeeze tube or something because this pump thing is hard to use and it wastes product. I will still buy because....I finally found something that works great for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:49:00 AM More reviews by CaseyNL

I'm dissapointed that this product didn't worked for me. I was matched a NC15 so I bought that shade. When I applied it in the morning the color was slightly darker then my skin tone but nothing obvious. I used it on my whole face because I wanted to cover my acne and acne scars. After a few hours I looked in the mirror and I was shocked. The color turned VERY dark and I looked terrible. However the product lasted the whole day with good coverage but looked a bit cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ab3rni3r

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I enjoy using this product. It is very pigmented. It works great for under the eyes and last a long time. I use either a sponge or a brush and always get excellent results never fails. It is my hg concealer. I will repurchase over and over again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/2/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Rachelldominguez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so sad about how badly this product breaks me out. It was my holy grail for two years.i never had acne in my teen years. When I started wearing this I was working 16 hour days. It was the only product that wouldn't budge on me. I never put two and two together that I've had issues with cystic acne since then. About two months ago I stopped wearing this daily and switched to a mineral organic foundation.. My face is totally clear .. I've kept it around for emergencies but I get cystic acne if I used it :( so sad but not worth the acne!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by chrissie69

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Great product in a horrific package. The pump dispenses too much product for me, too bad, what a waste! It is very good at hiding dark circles, and serves well as a lid primer. Good luck trying to use all the product, however. The pump will not reach the last bit in the bottle, and the top cannot be opened. I hate throwing away a container with one fifth of the product left behind.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLove93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product I'm in NC 15 and you can use a very tiny little squirt and it will cover my whole under eye area I use it for highlighting... Although the packaging is quite annoying because you can never really squirt out a little bit it always comes out too much it never creases or looks flaky or cakey I love it and I would recommend it to anyone