MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 2/13/2015 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I ordered this after reading only a couple of reviews and generally understanding that this was most girls HG Concealer. I wasn't really hyped about it, just thought I should try it as a lot of ladies were saying it was good for under your eyes and I have bad dark cycles under my eyes,nothing worked so I just stopped trying to hide them it was that bad! I was placing a MAC order and I thought why not chuck this in try it out, I had competently forgotten about it until it arrived, non the less I still couldn't wait to try as I read a couple more reviews just after I ordered it.

Packaging: Love the packaging, always have liked MAC's packaging. Simple, modern and sleek. Love the pump with this too, although its hard to half pump it. I only need a little not a full pump, and I feel I waste a lot of this because of that and for 17 you'd think that MAC would have thought of that.

Wear/Feel/Look: I think a lot of people have already mentioned this but the colour is slightly off. I am NW15 in MAC I don't use their foundation anymore but I use this as a reference when purchasing other things from MAC. So of course I went ahead and purchased the shade NW15 for the concealer. Again like I said I tried to half pump this on my hand and it wouldn't happen. I immediately noticed that this was a different shade to NW15 foundation I used to use the Pro longwear which I still had in my makeup draws ( but I have since sold it) I picked it up and put of the pro longwear foundation and my hand next the concealer and I was unhappy to see that the colours where completely different. I don't know if concealer is generally meant to be lighter than foundation and what so at the time I was like 'oh' I put this next to my foundation in my acrylic storage and left it for about a week. I kept thinking 'I need to try it, find out how to make it work' I didn't want to chuck it away or to sell it as I hadn't even tried it on my face yet, and it cost me 17. i tried it again one evening, I took a small brush dipped it in (Double ended eyebrush by Ecotools) I know its any eye brush but I used this brush because it was thin and angled so I could draw a triangle underneath my eye then blend it up,this is what I do with my Yves Saint Laurent Touce Eclat. It worked great that either under my foundation or on top, on top conceals the circles better. The touche eclat and this concealer are my dream team for under eye circles, the concealer covers my dark eye circles and makes sure that it the coverage stays put whilst also lightly brightening as the colour is lighter than my foundtion, the touche eclat has more of highlighter/brightening effect than the concealr making eyes look brighter in general! I highly recommend you try the Touche eclat. The concealer also work great at covering my blemishes/ spots however I do not tend to use it for that as I feel like it clogs them even more, making the recovery time for my blemishes and spots a lot longer. The pro longwear foundation break me out like crazy so I am very careful and put the tiniest amount on my blemishes if they are red, but generally I use this for under my eyes and its perfect, I like that its lighter, I am not sure if MAC made the concealer lighter on purpose but i think its fab it lightly brightens the areas looking dull which tend to be under eyes and spots and what not.

Price: 17, I was annoyed at first when I brought this but then when I worked out what best suited me then I was really happy with the price, although I do think they need to work on the pump and maybe add a little more product.

Summery: I will be purchasing this again when it runs out, although I am worried about this breaking me out, however though so far so good as it hasn't broken me out where I use it, I will update if it does!

on 2/12/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great concealer! I have horrible hereditary under eye circles and this is almost just enough coverage for my super pigmented under eyes. Before this I was using studio finish, but found that it would crease too much even with a setting powder, so I thought I would look for something else. Even though this has a tiny bit less coverage than studio finish it sets wonderfully without ever creasing on me and it doesn't even need a setting powder! Sometimes if I need a little extra coverage I'll add studio finish on top, but it should be fine alone for most people. Overall I love this concealer and will definitely repurchase!

on 2/11/2015 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have finally found my dream concealer.. In Love! (Nc15)

Sometimes I wear it alone without foundation and It makes my skin look flawless, and lasts throughout the entire day. I have sensitive skin but it didn't aggravate it whatsoever.

One small little problem would be the pump, too much can squirt out than you actually need. Other than that, it's pretty perfect! :)

on 2/11/2015 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

on 2/5/2015 12:24:00 PM

I just need to stay away from MAC products, I love their lipsticks but anything else is terrible. The color I was matched was off (NC42) I don't like that whole bright eye under eye trend. I like a concealer that will hide my bags & can be worn alone without foundation. And doesn't make it obvious I am wearing concealer. Its not a great design, it doesn't blend very well, too much product comes out, and it's a glass bottle. Yes you can use a container and pump the amount needed. But who has time for that????? Took it back and haven't looked back! Went to the NARS counter and bought Caramel can be worn with my foundation or without. And it blends amazing!

on 2/5/2015 12:17:00 PM

Really good with undereye circles, not too bad with acne spots.

on 2/3/2015 5:09:00 AM

I've used this concealer in both NC15 and NW15 and i find both colours work fine for my undereye area on my NC25 complexion. This concealer is the one i go to when i don't want to think too much about my makeup throughout the day and I can always guarantee it will look great by the end of my 9-12 hour work day. I actually disagree with it being a very full coverage concealer, i'd say it is quite thin and medium coverage but definitely easily buildable to a full coverage with no caking. Doesn't crease on me like most concealers do. No need to set with powder in my case. Beautiful beautiful formula and I will always repurchase!

on 2/2/2015 5:30:00 PM

An amazing concealer that WILL NOT crease or smudge once put on the face. I use this as an under eye concealer and it's perfect and keeps its brightness throughout the day. Only problem I have is that you have to work pretty fast with it once it's on the skin as its sets V quickly which can leave lines, also, the pump squirts out a lot of product which could cover my whole face so I have a separate container for it. The price is quite high but you get 10ml and this stuff goes a VERY long way and lasts forever! Would be 5* accept the pump and drying issue which aren't major problems.

on 1/31/2015 8:53:00 PM

MAC's studio finish concealer was my HG since I was 18 but over the years I realised that although its coverage was insanely good, it could get too cakey especially when used under the eyes and the colour was not an entirely perfect match for my skin - I would have to top it with foundation for everything to blend in.

I bought the pro longwear concealer hoping that the fluid formula would solve all the problems I had with the studio finish and it did. The colour NC20 is a perfect match for my skin so I can get away with wearing just concealer and not have to mess around with foundation hooray!

Coverage wise I would say it is a bit lesser than the studio finish but I wouldn't deduct any points for that because it's an advantage rather than a disadvantage: you can layer on without having to worry about the cakiness that comes with the studio finish.

I'm really glad MAC came out with this formula. Hate the packaging but oh well, like those before me - pumping it out into a small container works pretty good.

on 1/31/2015 7:42:00 PM

I have been very disappointed in this product. I wanted to love it, but it just isn't working for my skin. I originally used it as an under eye concealer. It comes out as a liquid and dries matte and really quickly. it provides pretty good medium coverage. But it settles into the fine lines around my eyes horrifically and is very aging and made me look tired and worn out - the exact opposite of what I was trying to achieve. My boyfriend told me I looked "destroyed" if that's any indication of how bad it was. I tried it as a spot concealer on my face as well. I found that it oxidized over the course of the day and I was left with embarrassing dark smudges over my zits, drawing even more attention to them. This product just doesn't work for my skin.

TIP: As just about everyone else says, the packaging is bad. Before I gave up on this product, I would pump one or two squirts into a sample pot and dip my brush in that instead. That way you can save the extra that comes out with each pump and you don't waste product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin