April 20, 2014 | 1868 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by emilily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to cover pimples. Under my eyes it tends to crease horribly. It is a little thin to use over skin imperfections and needs to be built up. Because the SA matched me in a shade which goes orange on my skin I feel like an idiot with it built up.

I use an EcoTools airbrush concealer brush to apply it and that works well to blend it in... still, I think for my purpose I may need to try studio fix, something the SA did not mention at all when I went in to buy concealer.

I ended up swapping this. The NARS stick concealer in Vanilla is a much better colour match. My Illamasqua Skin Base foundation in 3.5 actually covers blemishes enough that I hardly need concealer, and I can use it under my eyes - and it all looks pretty natural.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 5:44:00 AM More reviews by kirro05

I can't believe how many people rave about this concealer, or the pro longwear foundation.

The product dries lightening fast so if you don't blend immediately and with precision it ends up looking really uneven. I gave it 3 goes and still couldn't get it to look even. I tried a brush, a beauty blender and fingers, nothing worked. I used the nc25 and it dried more yellow than it first looks as well. I don't have dry or sensitive skin and both of these products dried my skin right out making it look wrinkly and old, particularly around the eyes.

I splurged on this product $32 and the foundation $54 in Australia because I thought it would be good makeup for my wedding. I am glad I tested it first because there's no way this would look good in person or in photos and I will not be wearing it on my wedding day.

I asked my fiance which half of my face he preferred when I did half with these MAC products and the other half with cheaper drug store products and he said, without knowing which side was which, that the side without MAC looked much better. Save your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by MissMadiMakeup

I love this concealer! It covers my dark circles PERFECTLY and it doesn't crease at all! The pump is a little hard to work with but once you get the hang of pressing it down slowly and stopping when you have the right amount of product it works beautifully. It's a little pricey (especially in Canada where I live) being $23 but overall I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 9:54:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edmonton has dried my skin out a lot, and since I have sensitive skin and all, I decided to go on a little foundation hunt.

I loved this a couple years back when I had acne prone/oily/sensitive skin. Now that I have combo/slightly dry skin, I haven't really used it. Recently, I when and got my shade picked out for the Pro Longweaer foundation. The MUA just gave me a sample of the concealer, not the foundation itself. It's got a natural matte finish and a nearly opaque coverage. I really love its fresh, clean scent and how it lingers for a bit.

Deffo worth it if you van find the right shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by miaow94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

this is a great concealer. i use it to cover up my acne scars, it does a pretty good job and performs better than all the other concealers i have ever tried so far (urban decay, nars, benefit, etc). this product is relatively pricey about 32 canadian dollars. i recommend using a flat concealer brush with this product since it blends the product into your skin better than finger dabbing. this product can also be a bit drying so make sure you moisturized well before putting in onto your skin or it will make your dry spots even more visible. the only downside to this product is definitely its packaging, i always find that even when i try to do a half pump, the product that flows out is the same as a full pump but in reality i only need a half pump to cover up my scaring and other redness on my face... the only option i have is to store the excess amount of product left on the back of my hand into a smaller mac sampler container :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 12:54:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just finished my first one of these. I used this concealer to cover up redness on my nose and face. I didn't like the way it looked on my under eye area, it dried them out so bad, and made me look older than I am. It also dries too fast. I didn't repurchase because of the stupid pump! You can't control how much comes out, it drove me crazy. I strategically held the pump between my finger and thumb, wiggling it down so only a small amount came out. Some of the time it worked, and some of the time it didn't. Most of the time, way too much product would still come out, and when it came time to get the last little bit out..it wouldn't come out! The concealer itself isn't horrible, but because of the bottle I only gave it two stars, and I will never buy it again. It's not worth it, I bought Studio Finish instead, and I love that!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by lucykk

So far I really love this concealer. I use this in addition to BB cream and it covers beautifully. I do not usually have bad dark circles or discolouration but on days my skin is playing up I can count on this to even things out. I have found it quite easy to work with (not too thick) but my favourite feature of this product is by far its impressive lasting power. I will certainly be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:02:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I like this concealer, but I don't "love it". (best one I've found so far) The main issue as to why is because it does crease on me, and I don't like the pump. It covers well and I like the feel of the formula. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by dianaaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The concealer itself does what it says - it conceals almost anything instantly. I have really bad under eye circles and it covers quite well. The only downsides of this concealer is if the skin where you apply the concealer is dry, it'll really accentuate it. Also, the pump is pretty much garbage since it gives you a full pump which is NOT what you need. This is one of those concealers where a little goes a long way. Other than that, it's a really full coverage concealer and I'm sure it'll take a very long time to use up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by kirbear

This concealer definitely gets the job done in terms of covering redness/discoloration but it doesn't do much for skin texture and I think it makes any protrusions (pimples) look more noticeable. It also has a funky smell like many other mac liquid products which i hate. I also find that the formula is irritating my sensitive skin. I do think it is very long lasting and one of very few that works well with dry skin.. it has a satin finish.