Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 12/19/2013 2:17:00 AM

this stuff is de-shit!! seriously. I used to use MAC's Fix+ but after a few hours my face would become really oily and I would need to blot about twice a day. since it claims to have oil control I decided to give it a try and im so happy I did! i have to say this is by far my favorite setting spray ever! I have found my new bff! the way I use: when im done with my entire make up I spray about 4 times. I wait for it to dry then I go over my t zone with a little bit of translucent powder and this usually does the trick! hope this review is helpful.

on 12/18/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am so confused. Maybe I am not using it properly, but for me, it does not work.

I am not looking for ultra matte, but semi-matte until lunchtime at least would be nice. I have oily skin and tried using before and after foundation; leaving it to dry for at least 10 minutes before applying anything else; with powder and no powder and nada.

So I guess it's not for me. Price-wise, I got this on offer from Debenhams (UK), so not too bad, but really, for nearly £20 - I would expect more.

on 12/16/2013 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This setting spray is fabulous, my skin is excessively oily and this stuff does a great job keeping my skin. Doesn't last all day but as I said I am excessively oily ! Since I've been using this I've been needing way fewer touch ups throughout the day/night. One bottle lasted me almost a year and that is with daily use. Overall very impressed.

on 12/6/2013 10:51:00 PM

Been using it for years, helps my makeup stay put. Would recommend !

on 11/18/2013 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this for well over two years and I am hooked on it. I've used it with everything, tinted moisturizer, bb's, full coverage foundation and mineral foundation and I can say that it definitely extends the life of my makeup. I can work an 8 hour day without having to touch up or feeling the need to powder.

I have really oily skin and I use it every single day. I can completely tell a difference when I forget to use it to set my makeup. I think the key is NOT using it sparingly. I make sure my whole face gets a good spray.

on 11/5/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Not really a fan of this setting spray
I have oily skin and it didn't really work for me. My makeup looked blotchy and crazy after maybe 4 hours.. I won't be repurchasing this item.

on 11/2/2013 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. Can't live without it. Here's why:
(by the way, I have oily, acne prone skin)

-doesnt break me out!
-controls my oil amazingly!
-i wouldnt say it makes me totally matte, but honestly I don't like to be completely matte. I like to look glowy just not greasy! It takes away the excess oil but doesn't make me look dry or suck all the moisture out of my skin. It gives me healthy looking skin. like an angel.
-it smells really nice! doesn't have bad smell at all.
-feels very refreshing and cooling on the skin.
-the packaging is really nice. doesn't leak all over the place and I bought the travel size and the full size, the smaller one comes with me and after being knocked around all day in my bag it always stays closed.
-only criticism is the price. it urban decay so i expected it to be more than drugstore but 28 dollars is a lot of money. however i do think its worth every penny.

on 10/29/2013 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I have extremely oily skin. I mean with oil free light lotion I get oily within an hour. It didn't work on bare skin for me. I still looked greasy. (It does come off greasy) I found that it worked best for me when I topped my foundation with mac blot powder, then sprayed (like crazy) with the de-slick, let it dry a bit and blot the T-zone and (with all that) I can get about 5hrs before I need to blot again. It's a lot of work but I realize its not simple having extremely oily skin. Defiantly recommend this to afriend with similar skin type. Just be willing to work it.

on 10/19/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have very oily skin and after reading all of the awesome reviews on this product I dished out the $$$ for this expensive product. WHAT. A. WASTE. This does N O T H I N G to help with oil control. NOTHING. I get oily in the same amount of time with or without this setting spray. Definitely believe it's overrated just because of the brand name. My $3 ELF setting spray works the same as De-Slick. Smh. I purchased this at Ulta so I will be returning it.

on 10/14/2013 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This worked really well for me. I have oily skin and my makeup doesn't tend to last throughout work, but since I've been using this it has made my makeup last longer and my skin doesn't feel oily by the end of the night.

Popular Primer/ Correctors