April 18, 2014 | 1232 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a good thing I bought the smallest bottle because this stuff is worthless. I applied all my makeup and sprayed this on my face twice afterwards. It's supposed to make your makeup look matte and stay in place, but it does nothing. My skin isn't that oily, but this spray made my face look sooo shiny. Maybe I applied it the wrong way? Maybe it only works when you're wearing UD makeup? Not sure, but it didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I picked up the sample size of this product at Sephora in hopes that it would help me pull off dewy foundations without getting oily within an hour. The first time I used this I used it both under and over my makeup and it made me look greasy immediately. I discovered that when I sprayed it over my makeup as a setting spray it really made me greasy but when I used it under all my makeup it didn't. Still, it doesn't really help stop oil, and to be honest when I used it under my favorite matte foundation, it made me greasy after just 4 hours. Really not a fan, I am so thankful I only bought the tiny bottle. Considering I have both dry and oily skin I don't think I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by helenlynguyen

I don't really know how I feel about this product. It works on some days...for a litle, but for the most part....I'm still oily. I did get the large bottle on sale at Ulta for only $18, so that's not too bad. I like that it reduces that "powdery" look. I don't think it makes my makeup lasts any longer though, and it might help with my oiliness just a tad. My friend, who also bought this product and has oily skin, loves this product, so you may as well. I would recommend buying the mini travel size first

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by florenceinitaly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product - I spray this on before and after applying makeup, then throughout the day on my wedding day and it really does help to set the makeup and prevent it from getting too oily (I have quite oily skin).

The bottle lasted me and 4 bridesmaids for the entire day, and I've still got some leftover. Definitely using it for nights out or when I've got a long day ahead of me with makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora as a 100 point perk. It does seem to make a difference in the wear of my makeup and feels very refreshing. I would compare it to MUFE's setting spray and might buy it some day if found on sale.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

i have oily skin and am always searching for products to make my foundation last longer so i decided to pick this up. I don't think it makes a difference at all in how long my makeup stays on. it does feel refreshing when you spray it on though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2013 5:08:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

I really like this product. I use it both before I do my face makeup, and after to set everything. It doesn't make me look shiny, just healthy. And it makes my skin feel nice. But I really have no idea if this does anything to help the longevity of my makeup. It doesn't make a significant enough difference for me to justify buying it again. I think I might try the all nighter spray next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont think this helps on my oily skin , but the other version "all nighter" do a great job :-D ..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by lilyyy69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I thought this will help me with my oily skin. Nope. Didn't make a difference it stayed the same with or without the spay. I put it before and after my foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by JLeroux

This product really didn't do anything for my combination skin. As a primer, it was fine. No better or worse than other primers I've tried, but doesn't have SPF, which to me is a negative. As a finishing spray, I really didn't like this product. It gave my face a wet/shiny look (even after it dried), which is ironic given that it's an oil-control setting spray.

Overall: Pass. As a primer, meh. As a finishing spray, bad.
Alternatives: I've just started using Skindinavia Finishing Spray (also makes this product), which has done a great job making my makeup last longer so far. However, I haven't been using long enough to have a strong opinion. I stil haven't found a primer that I'm particularly enamored with yet.
Value: Bad, mostly because I don't like the product.