Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 9/13/2014 9:52:00 PM

THIS IS MY HG FOUNDATION.
I cannot believe that I'm actually saying this since I've tried over 15 different foundations and 90% of them were high end. I've tried from Tarte to Revlon and this is the best foundation I have used. I suffer from a lot of redness and blackheads and I am EXTREMELY oily. Also, I have serrborheic dermatitis which is oily flakes on the skin which almost every foundation either really accentuates the flakes or really accentuates the oil. This doesn't do either. The coverage is semi matte and does not contain shimmers. The consistancy is a bit liquidy so sometimes when you open the foundation too fast, too much product might come out too much. Like I stated before, I do have extreme oil on my face so I do have to blot every 4 hours but with other foundations I have to blot every hour. The foundation does not separate around my pores either or sink into my scaly flakes. Tip for oily gals: put on foundation, lightly dust with matte powder, spray a setting spray, powder immedially again using a puff to push the powder onto the skin) I absolutely love this product but the only downside is that the lightest shade is a bit too dark for my skin time. Other than that I love this product and I will probably never buy another foundation!

on 9/10/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Decent foundation. Not my favorite but better than some of the other drugstore foundations I have tried.
The lasting power was ok not the best and shade wise they can use some improvement.

on 9/5/2014 6:59:00 PM

This product can often be found in Boots on offer. Much to my delight! Absolutely love this, its so reasonably priced anyway even when not on offer and gives amazing coverage on my far from perfect skin. Has been a godsend at times!1 Definitely worth a try!!

I have been using this foundation for such a long time and I've re-purchased around four bottles so I feel like I know it pretty well! :) Here are my thoughts:

Pros:

Price
Blendability
Natural coverage
Lasts fairly well
Does not break me out

Cons:

Can get oily
Palest shade isn't pale enough for my natural skin tone
Doesn't last allll day

If you'd like to see my YouTube review on this product, here it is:

PS - I could not be happier that MakeupAlley now allows us to embed our YouTube reviews!

I really like this foundation. It is medium to full coverage, and I don't need concealer to hide my red spots with this! The only downside is it's a little runny and a tad sticky on the skin. The stickiness never seems to go away, until I apply some pressed powder.

Other than that, the color Ivory matches my fair / medium skin very nicely, and the packaging is hygienic...although it tends to run a little when I first opened it, I decided to store it upside down from now on to keep it from leaking.

For the price, I think this is a fairly good foundation. It doesn't seem to accentuate my flaws, such as pores or fine lines, and I like that it is a decent coverage without looking cakey.

Another con, however, is that there doesn't seem to be a very wide color range, so it's best to test the product in the store to see if it's a good match.

ETA: I can't attest to whether or not it lasts 25 hours, because I always WASH my makeup off at night and apply night cream! XD

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is the second foundation I got in my life!! I didn't know much about makeup since then! But I just buy things randomly!!.. Super cheap foundation! I got in the shade "400 natural beige" but still little dark for me. Saying lasting finish 25 hours?? I think that's true! It has a long lasting power Good coverage from medium to full It's not oil free and it's between matte and dewy finish! Not breaking me out and that's great! But I have oily skin and I always need to sit it with a powder! It's making me oily in a few hours Great foundation for all skin types. But girls with oily skin will need to sit it with powder every few hours!

on 8/7/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been struggling to find a good liquid foundation for a very long time. I used Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light and that was great, but the cost was just too high. I looked up this Rimmel foundation and thought I'd give it a try.

At first, the foundation looks great. It's a little runny, which was a little annoying when I would have to wash the rest away, but for the price, I was impressed with the initial look. However, it does NOT last for 25 hours. For me, it didn't even last a few hours without making me look like a grease ball! I will not be purchasing this product again.

Long story short: don't use if you have oily skin. Does not last 25 hours.

on 8/6/2014 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely love this foundation. If you had told me that I would fall in love with a Rimmel foundation, I wouldn't have believed you. I have been looking for a long lasting foundation that doesn't dry out my skin, has a good shade range and is a reasonable price for a long time. In comes this foundation. I find this foundation definitely works best for me if I apply it using a damp sponge, it makes the product look less cakey and provides a lighter coverage which still lasts all day. For anyone with dry skin, I'd definitely recommend using it like this. The shade range isn't perfect, I find it leans towards pink undertones slightly but the Ivory shade was neutral enough for me to make it work. Lasts as long as Estee Lauder Double Wear but comes with a pump and is a quarter of the price!

on 8/6/2014 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Firstly, this product is extremely similar, in my opinion, to Revlon Colorstay.

It has medium to full coverage, and dries very quickly.

I have acne prone skin and lots of redness/scarring, and this product covers that better than most other products I have tried.

The colour range is fairly good, not overtly orange, and quite matching whilst giving some colour.

Matte finish

I have worn this product all day and it has stayed on my skin quite well.

I have noticed some new pimples however, whether this product has caused them, I can't say at this point.

This product is HEAVY DUTY, and I would probably not wear on a daily basis! I would also recommend giving your skin a thorough clean after using this product.

Very cheap product considering how well it works. Highly recommend.

on 8/5/2014 4:53:00 AM

this is so hydrating!!!!! ohmy gosh i love this foundation and it lasts all day and does not look cakey, and a good medium finish i love this so much, i have the lightest shade which can look just a tiny bit dark but it still works. try this out!!