April 20, 2014 | 878 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by SandieRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very dry skin and find this hard to apply even after I've moisturised, I use a little olive oil on my face before hand and it does wonders but rather than go through this trouble everyday, I'd rather find another drugstore brand that suits my skin. I think for oily skin this would be ideal seen as it dries quite quickly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by lolliepoppies

I bought 2 of these as it was on a promo. And i love this product! I got natural beige w/c is the 400 one. I got complimented by my friend as my skin looked flawless!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by MissMissyPerez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. It has a lot of coverage and is very thick.
My skin is dry so i do have to use a moisturizer first but this product lasts all day and night.
It does not smear or melt which is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by lrachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will weep the tears of a thousand thunderstorms if this foundation breaks me out or otherwise freaks out my sensitive skin. I adore the finish. A-D-O-R-E. I am 39 and have pretty decent skin, but was struggling trying to find a foundation that wasn't totally matte (as I preferred in my life before fine lines), had a semi-dewy finish AND doesn't contain SPF (sunscreen breaks me out like crazy). This is it!!! Even my hubs commented on how smooth my skin looks while wearing. Fingers and toes crossed this works for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by powdayoface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Skin Type: Normal-Oily, Sensitive when skin does not agree with certain products
Skin Tone: NC15-20 naturally, NC30-37 or 40 during certain stages of self tanning
Undertone: Strong WARM yellow undertones (yellow undertones can be cool too)
Skin Problems: One or two acne scars, light to mild active acne

I bought this foundation off feelunique.com because it is cheaper and I prefer the pump packaging that the UK is blessed with, as opposed to the cheap squeezy tube Australians and Americans receive. Sounds stupid, but I am a little bit of a snob when it comes to packaging, I like glass bottles lol.

I got this in the shade ivory and kinda guestimated by looking at swatches and heading into my local priceline and various chemist warehouses and swatching the different shades. However I do not know if the formula and shades varies from country to country as the packaging is different. I tested out different shades of the foundation and found ivory the best match for my natural skin, although it was still a tad bit dark. Nothing stark, just not a perfect match, but i wont be nitpicky about that. The undertone is quite neutral, quite pink on my skin, lacks the yellow i desire.

When the foundation arrived, I washed my face and put it on straight away. Application was everything I expected and I was very happy with it in general. Like other reviewers mentioned, it was tacky to the touch right after application, but i do not care so much about it. the finish is extrodinary, very very natural, yet still provides light-medium buildable coverage. i could probably get it to be full coverage after 2 layers, but cant be bothered to be honest. a light-medium coverage is sufficent enough for my liking.

I didnt wear it out that day, so I never got to test the lasting power, but the next day i wore it to school and it lasted pretty well. I didnt touch up or anything, but i did notice some breakdown near my nose and cheeks, generally where my foundation starts to rub off. This is very impressive, as even Estee Lauder Doublewear does not hold up sometimes.

This foundation bears the same distinct 'Rimmel scent' like match perfection and wake me up, a kind of floraly scent, which may offend some people but doesnt bother me too much. You can smell it upon application though. Dont be alarmed, as it does away after some time.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by VillyVonka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did not like this foundation! Stays on for maybe 10 hours and does not rub off, it could been a great foundation if it wouldn't give me these tiny weird pimples everywhere.Gives me acne after 3 days of using it, but it covers my acne and my scars so i will use it up. Would not buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this due to the glowing reviews and whilst I will continue using it for special occasions, I am not too impressed. The shade selection is pretty poor in my opinion and I normally love Rimmel foundations but this was different - gel-like almost, not really that liquid-y and so I didn't like that. But it's an INSULT to buyers saying it lasts 25 hours. I have very slightly oily skin and this would manage about 6 hours on me. This doesn't compare to other long lasting foundations like Colorstay and I just found this would start to melt very slowly but quite dramatically despite my normal/slightly oily skin! Not pleased.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by calooza

I have oily acne prone skin, for reference.
I was looking for a decent coverage longwearing foundation, that wouldn't slide off my face in 3 hours and without spf for photographs...

It's a really thick foundation (thicker that revlon colourstay) and can be hard to blend. I prefer to use my fingers or i'll end up with streaks and unblendable dry spots of foundation on my face. So, i find it tricky to blend... It dries fast, you have to be quick blending it. Brushes or sponges don't work with this foundation. It's very had to blend, and it ends looking cakey. With my fingers i'm able to melt the product and apply it evenly, it looks very natural and provides good coverage. Also, it doesn't break me out.

As for coverage, it's definitely medium. It can be buildable, but i don't do that, because i don't want a mask on my face. I can't really feel it, but i feel it to the touch (if that makes sense). It can feel sticky, even with powder (that's a downside to me), after a few hours of wearing.

The finish is natural/satin. I like it. It doesn't look like a mask... It doesn't have much oil control (it doesn't claim it anyway) but oily skins can use it.. you just have to blot a few times a day.

It has less staying power that colourstay. I would say 8 hours top.

The colour is amaaaazing. It's my perfect match. I got 100 ivory, which is the lightest shade available, and on revlon i'm between 150 (buff) and 180 (sand beige). The undertone is yellow... so it's perfect.

I gave it 3 lippies because i like the colour, the coverage and the finish. I would not buy it again because i think there are better options for my skin type. I don't like the sticky feeling and it's not that longwearing on my skin... my skin feels really greasy after 4 or 5 hours... :-/ and not just on my oilier areas, it's everywhere on my face :( also, it tranfers!! i prefer soooo much more my revlon colourstay on the normal to dry skin formula.

It's not an everyday foundation to me, not even for a special ocasion. What's the point of using something that makes me feel greasy after a couple of hours?

To make it more blendable and "wearable", i've been mixing it with bourjois healthy mix or revlon colorstay.

UPDATE:
I stopped using this crap. Makes me want to take it off after two hours of applying it. It feels like i have a paste on. I just can't stand it much time on my face, it slides off, and it just sits on the skin... i don't get why people like this :-/ such a waste of money... So, i only give this one lippie because i can't find a way to use this without wanting to wash my face right away... I think i'm done with rimmel foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Valentinies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this foundation after reading so many positive reviews here. Unfortunately this product just didn't work for me. It feels very thick and heavy on the skin, and while coverage was decent, it's not worth the constant feeling of needing to wash your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by bIuehornedmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*Initial Review*
I was really excited to try this foundation due to the mostly positive reviews but it just did not work for me. After doing some research I decided on the color 202 since a lot of ppl said it's yellow toned and comparable to an NC35 shade. I was torn between 200 which would be more NC30 but decided on the darker since I'll probably get some color during summer. I like the packaging and the consistency. But as soon as I put it on I noticed how my skin sucked it up. I have combination skin and my dry areas were amplified. The area all around my brows looks so bad. I applied it with fingers onto clean skin without any primer. Perhaps fingers isn't the way to apply it.

In my opinion this is a medium leaning toward heavy foundation, it is very buildable. I've been wearing it for a few hours now and I hate how it feels. I didn't set it and my face feels tacky and sticky. If I rub my face it feels like there's residue on it like dried glue or something. I got some suggestions to use a primer and a sponge to apply so I'll give it another go and see if I can make it work, but just based off of this first impression I would not repurchase.

******I returned this shortly after. Just not for me.