July 26, 2014 | 1003 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by theartofeloquence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is so great! The winter has made my skin (especially on my chin and upper lip) super dry, yet my forehead remains very oily and acne-prone. This moisturizer has helped immensely to clear the acne and smoothen my skin. Also, it leaves a nice matte finish once you've used a light coating all over your entire face. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahthebear94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is extremely lightweight and it sinks into your skin like a dream. I found it extremely spreadable making it so that I need less product to cover my face. This product is pretty nice. I could see how it would work better for others, but for me it doesn't give me that finish that I like. After I apply this, I notice my face looks matte and personally I don't particularly like a matte finish so I have been only applying this liberally at night. It has caused no breakouts and my skin looks pretty nice in the morning.
Overall, I think this product is so-so. It wasn't exactly my cup of tea or should I say 'pot of moisturizer' hahaha but I will continue to use until it's all gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by ary4nn

I love love this moisturizer! It feels lightweight, it leaves that refreshing tingle to your skin which feels amazing, and leaves NO oil residue and soaks in rather quickly. My skin type ranger from combination to dry skin, and because my acne scrub kind of makes my skin drier and peel this moisturizer is really a rescue. Maybe its just me but it also gives my face a glow. It's been a while since i got my first jar and i still have it. My skin does get dry especially during winter, and can also get a little oily during the summer time when its hot (sweat is yuck but it's okay) Nonetheless, ladies and some gentlemen (this product is for everybody in my opinion) it is a great moisturizer and i'll definitely be back to get another jar.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This moisturizer is of a very light gel-like consistency, as in the name, so if you're in need of a heavy duty moisturizer this isn't for you. This gel also has a slight cucumber/aloe fragrance to it. I find this to be a perfect summertime moisturizer as it's very light weight and sinks in quickly. It states to use it morning and night, but I only truly used it in the mornings since it's so light and so I can use a heavier cream at night. No problems as far as it causing breakouts and such.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by Keltonbuddy18

This product I loved. It made my skin feels really soft and mosterized like crazy. It woks to cool my skin and refresh it. Love it

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by emhenzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Just about finished with my first jar of this product, and I will definitely be purchasing again!

Perfect for summertime, and wears great under makeup. A little light for winter dryness, though. I'll look forward to using this again in May!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by sarahdbillingsley

This is a great light moisturizer! I have combination skin that is VERY sensitive and acne/milia prone, and I was a bit hesitant to try this product because I thought it would be too heavy. It actually delivers the perfect amount of moisture and doesn't irritate my skin whatsoever. I'm not sure if it would be moisturizing enough for someone with very dry skin but I would recommend it for those with combination skin like me and oily skin! Will repurchase.

Pros:
Nice gel consistency
Feels light and cooling on the skin
Doesn't irritate the face
Absorbs in seconds & works well under makeup
Relatively inexpensive

Cons:
No spf
Has a slight fragrance
Container is just a tub (some might find it unhygenic)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ksb3111

I have been battling a terrible breakout of whiteheads for the past 6 months. This has resulted in my skin being super sensitive and very dry from over-washing and from all of the products I was using to try to get rid of the acne. Every cream I used, whether for sensitive, acne-prone or combination skin, broke me out even worse and in some cases caused painful cysts to form. I saw this on sale at a local drug store and decided to try it since it was a gel and seemed less threatening. I have been using it with caution for the past month (only in the morning after I wash my face) and so far so good. It hasn't caused me to break out, the gel feels soothing against my sensitive skin (like Aloe Vera would) and it does not linger on your skin throughout the day meaning you don't get that greasy "dirty" feeling that makes you want to run to the washroom and scrub your face. You can wear it under makeup and it hydrates well. Since my skin has become super dry and flaky, I use Aveeno Baby Moisture Relief Cream for the very dry areas so keep in mind that those with VERY dry skin may need to use a backup as a spot treatment. The most important thing about this product is that it does not seem to clog pores causing more breakouts, which is a rare find. It doesn't do anything in terms of treating any sort of acne, but it does hydrate your skin and even out your complexion if used consistently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE this moisturizer! I bought the moisture rescue gel-cream for normal-combo skin and have been using it for a few months now.

Pros:
- Not a lot needed. I just dot it around my face and then massage it in.
- Instantly sinks into my skin leaving no residue. Does not break me out at all. Have even put it under my eyes and it does NOT cause milia (those little white chicken bumps).
- Has a cool feeling and a clean smell. I can easily see myself putting this in the fridge in the summer months and applying it cold. I adore the scent and the gel consistency feels so calming on my skin.
- Provides the moisture that I need after applying Strivectin which can be drying. And of course during the winter months when my skin is dry anyway, this does a good job of maintaining moisture.
- Is inexpensive. I think I paid close to $7.00 for this at Target for 1.7 oz. It's a good sized amount and I can see this lasting at least 6 months. I've already been using it for 2 months and am not even halfway through the jar.

Cons:
- You have to dip your fingers into the jar to apply. This is not something that bothers me that much but it may put off some people that prefer a pump or other method to dispense.

More pros than cons for me, so a definite buy again for me. :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HG moisturizer for sure.

Every other facial moisturizer I use, and I have used a ton of different kinds, sits on top of my skin, makes it tacky, and/or rubs off in greasy, adipose bits especially along my jawline. GROSS. For a long time I used no moisturizer at all because so many of them were so nasty.

NOT this gel. It is GORGEOUS.

It is cool, silky, sinks right into my skin, NEVER leaves it feeling sticky or greasy, never leaves any residue. This is the only moisturizer I can use and my skin loves it!

It also smells lovely and I LOVE the jar packaging which makes it super easy to get just as much as I need without having to pump some stupid plastic squirt bottle.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No