December 22, 2014 | 960 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by pushin50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This gel gave me loads of tiny milia which haven't gone away properly! - I should have known because the texture is kind of silicone-y which means too heavy for me as I 've eventually discovered! I compared it with the Natura Bisse Diamond Extreme (I was lucky enough to get a sample from Space NK) and used the Estee lauder on the right eye and the Natura Bisse on the left for two months - the left eye not only looked much firmer and toned with fine lines reduced, it did not get any milia! So I don't like the Estee Lauder and it is still languishing in my drawer. So basically I've had to fork out for the NB cream- but it's the best I've found!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by VivienJones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Does absolutely nothing for my eyes. Am 37 so need more moisture. A complete waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by mntnalina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this eye gel. My sking feels very smooth now and mositurized even in the morning. The lines are almost gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this eye gel since it came out more than 5 years ago. It is easily absorbed by the eye area (but it does not dry it out) and helps preventing wrinkles and puffiness. I have not had problems with eye stinging or being irritated by this product. Compared to other brands it is reasonably priced at 32 (the average price for eye creams in this market segment is 45, just crazy!) and for me it does the trick: I am nearly 40 and I do not have any wrinkles/lines around my eyes.

The packaging is not very handy. I would prefer a pump, but as I close the lid immediately after use and keep the product out of the light I have never had problems with the eye gel changing texture.

I use also the advanced night repair serum and I am equally satisfied with it (I have been using it forever!!). I would definetely re-purchase (I am at jar 10 ++!!).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by preemie

The price tag of this product isn't simply justified. First, this stuff burns my skin around my eyes which never happened with others before. Second, it's not moisturizing enough for my late 30's skin. The silky texture is fine and fast absorbing though. Third, applying it with a ball spatula is such a hassle for me.

I am quite unhappy about this thing. Good thing it was a gift from my sister-in-law. I'm thinking I'd use it on my face instead. However, Advanced Night Repair for face was fine. I don't get it why Estee Lauder made this lousy, irritating eye gel.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by chyyanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not in love with this eye gel... it doesn't do much for me like I was hoping for. But I've yet to find any eye gel/cream that's a miracle worker. So for the time being until i finish this little jar i will stick with it just because it's so freaking expansive.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by kc55

I've used this product for a few months now. Previously I was using L'Oreal skin genesis eye cream. That did not do anything and it actually was accentuating lines that were beginning to form. I bought this product on a whim and in terms of getting rid of lines or prolonging the effects of fine lines, I like it a lot. It plumps out any of the lines that I'm starting to form. I don't see the line that i was starting to get. I'm 24 years old, so I'm trying to prevent wrinkles mostly. However, this product started to burn the skin around my eyes. When I first started using it, it would just be sporadic so I didn't think much of it, but recently my skin burns. Even after it dries, and I touch the sking under my eyes, I feel stinging. I'm not sure if I want to continue using this product, despite that it hydrates my eyes and fills out lines in a satisfactory way. I would try it and see if it burns. because without the burning, I do like this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2009 7:14:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Stay way from this product! not worth the price and made my eyes so sore and irritated.
Cant believe how much i paid for this and wot it did to my eyes!! Im now using a cheaper eye cream and its better than this pile of crap!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by KIKICATOK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have my fifth bottle of this eye cream,and could be the last one!

It used be one of my favorite eye cream, so I brought it for myself and sometimes for my friends as a gift.

This time I brought 2 bottles, again one for myself one for my friend. But this product is burning my skin around eyes.It's make the skin feeling weak and tired, and burning. This situation never happen before.My friends have the same feeling. We discounting using that. My friend give it to her boy friend, her boy friend have oily skin and also say it's burning.

I wondering if EL change the formation, so I found the product box I used before. They had the exactly formation on the box.

So the only possible reason it's there are something wrong with the product quality control.

I am very very disappointed with this purchase now.

Until now they didn't show a honest attitude to solve this problem, no callback, no refund.

I think they should re-call this product which produced recently,and give customers a refund so we will post it back to them,and they may know what's wrong inside. Otherwise I feel hard to believe this brand anymore.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by blueeyes81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am 28 and have just got a few fine lines under my eyes which have been causing me great stress. Hence I have spent the last 6 months in search of a good eyecream to solve the problem. This is the best I have found so far. (For the record, I have also tried boots protect and perfect eye cream (harmless), boots vitamin E eye cream (harmless) and strivectin sd eye (fantastic, once your eyes get used to it - before that it's very harmful.)

Back to the adv night repair. It goes on silky smooth and feels very rich. The lines under the eyes are definitely better, probably because I find the cream very hydrating and I suspect the lines were caused by dryness. However, the lines are still there after 10 days use. However, the jar it comes in sucks, although to EL's credit they have given you a "spatula" which you use to dig out the cream, which also ensures you get the right amount each time. But a pump would have been so much better.

Finally, it's worth mentioning that I came across this cream because I asked an older friend of mine how her eyes always look so good, and she said she swore by this cream. I can see why now as it really is not bad. However I think the Strivectin is better if you can tolerate it.