July 29, 2014 | 2017 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone blush in Tenderling

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2007 2:03:00 PM More reviews by charismao01

This was my very first blush. Since I didn't know anything about blush or what color would look good on me, I decided to go to the MAC counter. I am a NC 35/40 and the MUA suggested Tenderling. It is a very natural looking blush which I LOVE! I just wish it was cheaper. This lasted me a long time, almost 2 years.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 4:43:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I am clueless when it comes to blush - I NEVER would have picked this up for my white NC20 skin. Luckily, the MAC MUA knew what she was doing and I was shocked at how naturally great it looked on my chipmunk cheeks (I've got full cheeks IMO)!!!

On me, it is a peachy natural brown with a touch of dark pink and I'd even say gold. If I'm doing my mu for daytime, I could be done with one sweep on either side, but for nighttime I spend a little more time contouring with a big huge brush (mine is a super soft "Powder" one from AVON that I was surprised worked so well). I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Lilian11

I love light colored blush which can be layered. Tenderling is a warm light pinkish beige which is subtle on my NC20-25 skin. MAC sheertone blushes apply very smooth and even. Another winner from mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Bottles_Of_Blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really is the 'idiot proof' blush. It's a fair beige with a hint of pink that suits pale skin like a glove. I love it with everything, but it serves its purpose best with bold lips like red and hot pink. The neutral factor keeps the shades in check and doesn't overwhelm, but you know you have a flush. It's almost like a powder for darker skin tones swept over your cheeks. Works wonders for contouring too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Definitely one of my favorite and most used MAC blushes. Tenderling gives a natural-looking flush to my cheeks, and I never look "over-blushed" when I wear this. It's the one I reach for frequently when I'm in a hurry, because I know Tenderling does the job right the first time. Definitely a repurchase item for me. (NW20ish skin tone.)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

I can use this as an all-over "bronzer" on my Casper-pale skin. If you've got Jennifer Connelly coloring like me it's a good bet. Not sure it's worth the price, but it's natural-looking and idiot-proof.

Tangent: This example is overpriced, but there is really something to be said for very natural-looking makeup. Sporadically I hear crunchy, indie rocker or East-coast men claiming something to the effect that "I don't like girls who wear makeup." Haha, you idiot. Just like you don't like women who need to shave, diet or get haircuts, right? Of course no one should be surprised at another flinchy Sensitive New Age Guy who has no idea what he actually wants but still prefers to date the women who rejected him in high school. You are clueless - what you mean is you want women to look effortlessly perfect without feeling that you demand all of our expensive and time-consuming preening. Or that you don't like _heavy_ makeup. Well TS, until you embrace paleness, blotchy skin, undereye circles, "imperfections" and wrinkles, you're as much a part of the machine as anyone else. Luckily I don't think most women wear makeup for men anyway***. Other than the fact that having crowds run in Godzilla-like terror from my "invisible woman" pallor would be embarrassing, to me personally.

This rant is not a knock against women who don't wear makeup, for whom I have the utmost respect and envy. It's just built up resentment for those sanctimonious nature children who act like wearing lip gloss and waxing your upper lip are a crime against mother Earth driven by shame and self-loathing. The fact is that I wear makeup to feel good about the way I look, to achieve a fantasy of what I would like to be in life. Shouldn't life be about striving for your fantastical vision of how you would like to live?

And, yes, just incidentally leaving the house without makeup would be as good as birth control for me.

***Unless you are Bradley Whitford in which case it's just barely possible that I do absolutely EVERYTHING for you.

19 out of 37 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by coutureisqueen

Looking at this blush in the pan, I could tell there was NO way it'd even have a whisper of a tint on me. It's a very very pale, muted, SOFT baby pink. I was like, no way man. I'm just gonna depot you and send you as an extra so my other mac blush can have a pot. Well, I ended up trying it, and it must have some like hidden pigments or undertones or something because it actually shows up on my skin, something like a peachy pink, and it shows up pretty pigmented too! strange..I don't even really like the blush, but you have to give it a chance, that's all I'm saying. NC40.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by thiicknseskii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would love to know how you nc15-nc30 girls get this to work? I am much lighter then nc15 and this hardly showed up on me, I used the #187 brush and it didn't go on i had to layer it about 10 times. I loved this blush but it took to much time. i would recommend this blush only if u want to keep layering it on because it is a really natural peach brown pink kind of shade but I'll stick to blushbaby for now. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC Tenderling! This is the quintessential porcelain cheeks for me, unlike any other I've tried. As one reviewer so accurately described it, it looks like it radiates from within, no harsh lines. I also love that it's Sheertone. Despite this being a very light color for my NC30 skin, it shows up great! Even the MA thought it was better than 2 or 3 I tried on that day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

Tenderling is more peachy than it is brown. I never would describe it as brownish. Its similar to MAC Cheek blush which was a soft nudey peach. Very pretty flush to the cheeks very natural.