MAC Sheertone blush in Tenderling

4.3

Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zea Mays (Corn Starch), Octyldodecyl Lactate, Silica, Dimethicone, Zeolite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Zinc Stearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake, Red 30, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

on 9/14/2008 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I went into the mac store and asked for a blush that would sculpt cheekbones and the SA recommended this. He did say it wouldn't be as obvious as Sincere though. But I love this. It's given me the dream cheeks I've always wanted, and the other MUA-ers who've reviewed this are right about the inner glow from within- it doesnt look like I'm wearing blush at all. Other blushes look too bright on me, but this one is soft and muted enough to look perfectly natural. Would repurchase again and again. EDIT: I wore this blush to school today. It's been eight hours and it's still there even in the humid climate.

on 7/9/2008 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this almost everyday, it's such an easy blush to use. It's a matte muted pink, subtle and natural looking. I add a little pop of BB pale pink or Cargo catalina or something a little brighter on my apples if I want a little more colour, and the combination is very pretty.

on 5/21/2008 12:08:00 PM

i bought a mac scuplting and shading two sided blusher at Christmas (I think that is what its called) for creating cheekbones and it is good but for some reason as the weather gets warmer (maybe the light changes) the dark contouring colour now looks a bit fake and "dirty" on me. I wanted another blusher to try as a contouring colour under my cheekbones and this is perfect. I use it with the highlighter from the other product. For reference I am very dark haired with blue eyes and medium toned skin and this is perfect for me. Very natural.

This is a perfect natural blush for me (warm-toned NW15/20). It looks pink on me, like a natural flush. I tend to apply it very lightly, but I can build it up to look like more. I only own this blush and the blush in the Too Faced "Plaything of Passion" palette (a shimmery peach) and haven't felt the need for more.

on 3/24/2008 9:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

Tenderling is an idiot proof blush and a perfect blush for fair/pale ladies who are concerned about application and a natural looking finish. The shade is very natural, a beigey colour that seems to appear as a flush. I can't say it "radiates from within" because we don't radiate beige, but this is pretty close. I have two blushes (non Mac) that give that exact look, and only one has peachiness to it, but mostly pink.

But I digress, Tenderling is great as a blush and for contouring, if your skin is light enough. I am an NC/W 15. I apply on the apples of my cheeks, to contour I apply it underneath my cheekbones and along my jawline. Tenderling looks great with smokey eyes and either dark or pale glossy lips. Because Tenderling is so subtle, I find I tend to compensate with more pronounced eyes and lips. It really is the perfect blush for days when you are pale and needing a "pick me up" that only a natural flush and a nice gloss can give!

Because it is so light, it is very easy to apply. I can see it on my cheeks upon first application, but do have to swirl my brush in the pot more than I do with other blushes. However it's quite firmly packed and though I have used it often in the past year it does not look like I have made a dent in the pot.

I don't mind Mac's blush packaging, but will probably depot and buy palettes down the road. I think the pots are too small for mirrors to apply blush by anyway.

I do wish that Mac would make a similar pale/light sheertone shade that is a smidge pinker. I'm waiting patiently, and if I've missed it, let me know. Cheek has sadly been discontinued...snif snif. I never got one.

Tenderling is a staple in my cosmetic case, a perfect nude blush for fair warm toned girls (or boys ;). I will repurchase always.

on 10/3/2007 2:03:00 PM

This was my very first blush. Since I didn't know anything about blush or what color would look good on me, I decided to go to the MAC counter. I am a NC 35/40 and the MUA suggested Tenderling. It is a very natural looking blush which I LOVE! I just wish it was cheaper. This lasted me a long time, almost 2 years.

on 8/17/2007 4:43:00 PM

I am clueless when it comes to blush - I NEVER would have picked this up for my white NC20 skin. Luckily, the MAC MUA knew what she was doing and I was shocked at how naturally great it looked on my chipmunk cheeks (I've got full cheeks IMO)!!!

On me, it is a peachy natural brown with a touch of dark pink and I'd even say gold. If I'm doing my mu for daytime, I could be done with one sweep on either side, but for nighttime I spend a little more time contouring with a big huge brush (mine is a super soft "Powder" one from AVON that I was surprised worked so well). I would definitely repurchase.

on 8/13/2007 11:11:00 AM

I love light colored blush which can be layered. Tenderling is a warm light pinkish beige which is subtle on my NC20-25 skin. MAC sheertone blushes apply very smooth and even. Another winner from mac.

This really is the 'idiot proof' blush. It's a fair beige with a hint of pink that suits pale skin like a glove. I love it with everything, but it serves its purpose best with bold lips like red and hot pink. The neutral factor keeps the shades in check and doesn't overwhelm, but you know you have a flush. It's almost like a powder for darker skin tones swept over your cheeks. Works wonders for contouring too!

on 5/26/2007 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely one of my favorite and most used MAC blushes. Tenderling gives a natural-looking flush to my cheeks, and I never look "over-blushed" when I wear this. It's the one I reach for frequently when I'm in a hurry, because I know Tenderling does the job right the first time. Definitely a repurchase item for me. (NW20ish skin tone.)