April 19, 2014 | 1557 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone blush in Tenderling

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Bottles_Of_Blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This really is the 'idiot proof' blush. It's a fair beige with a hint of pink that suits pale skin like a glove. I love it with everything, but it serves its purpose best with bold lips like red and hot pink. The neutral factor keeps the shades in check and doesn't overwhelm, but you know you have a flush. It's almost like a powder for darker skin tones swept over your cheeks. Works wonders for contouring too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Definitely one of my favorite and most used MAC blushes. Tenderling gives a natural-looking flush to my cheeks, and I never look "over-blushed" when I wear this. It's the one I reach for frequently when I'm in a hurry, because I know Tenderling does the job right the first time. Definitely a repurchase item for me. (NW20ish skin tone.)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2007 4:01:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

I can use this as an all-over "bronzer" on my Casper-pale skin. If you've got Jennifer Connelly coloring like me it's a good bet. Not sure it's worth the price, but it's natural-looking and idiot-proof.

Tangent: This example is overpriced, but there is really something to be said for very natural-looking makeup. Sporadically I hear crunchy, indie rocker or East-coast men claiming something to the effect that "I don't like girls who wear makeup." Haha, you idiot. Just like you don't like women who need to shave, diet or get haircuts, right? Of course no one should be surprised at another flinchy Sensitive New Age Guy who has no idea what he actually wants but still prefers to date the women who rejected him in high school. You are clueless - what you mean is you want women to look effortlessly perfect without feeling that you demand all of our expensive and time-consuming preening. Or that you don't like _heavy_ makeup. Well TS, until you embrace paleness, blotchy skin, undereye circles, "imperfections" and wrinkles, you're as much a part of the machine as anyone else. Luckily I don't think most women wear makeup for men anyway***. Other than the fact that having crowds run in Godzilla-like terror from my "invisible woman" pallor would be embarrassing, to me personally.

This rant is not a knock against women who don't wear makeup, for whom I have the utmost respect and envy. It's just built up resentment for those sanctimonious nature children who act like wearing lip gloss and waxing your upper lip are a crime against mother Earth driven by shame and self-loathing. The fact is that I wear makeup to feel good about the way I look, to achieve a fantasy of what I would like to be in life. Shouldn't life be about striving for your fantastical vision of how you would like to live?

And, yes, just incidentally leaving the house without makeup would be as good as birth control for me.

***Unless you are Bradley Whitford in which case it's just barely possible that I do absolutely EVERYTHING for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 12:46:00 PM More reviews by coutureisqueen

Looking at this blush in the pan, I could tell there was NO way it'd even have a whisper of a tint on me. It's a very very pale, muted, SOFT baby pink. I was like, no way man. I'm just gonna depot you and send you as an extra so my other mac blush can have a pot. Well, I ended up trying it, and it must have some like hidden pigments or undertones or something because it actually shows up on my skin, something like a peachy pink, and it shows up pretty pigmented too! strange..I don't even really like the blush, but you have to give it a chance, that's all I'm saying. NC40.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2007 12:08:00 PM More reviews by thiicknseskii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I would love to know how you nc15-nc30 girls get this to work? I am much lighter then nc15 and this hardly showed up on me, I used the #187 brush and it didn't go on i had to layer it about 10 times. I loved this blush but it took to much time. i would recommend this blush only if u want to keep layering it on because it is a really natural peach brown pink kind of shade but I'll stick to blushbaby for now. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love MAC Tenderling! This is the quintessential porcelain cheeks for me, unlike any other I've tried. As one reviewer so accurately described it, it looks like it radiates from within, no harsh lines. I also love that it's Sheertone. Despite this being a very light color for my NC30 skin, it shows up great! Even the MA thought it was better than 2 or 3 I tried on that day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

Tenderling is more peachy than it is brown. I never would describe it as brownish. Its similar to MAC Cheek blush which was a soft nudey peach. Very pretty flush to the cheeks very natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by shortygal201

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, what a great blush! This is exactly what I was looking for...a very buildable but subtle/natural/nude type blush. I am NC20 and would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ValJean

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A huge staple for me. This is a lovely blush and easy to build up for more dramatic color. Even though this is light in the pan, this shows up a brownish pink with a tinge of red--very muted. I also have very red cheeks, and I can easily wear this blush. I also like that it's matte. Great with dark eyes. For reference I am a NC25.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by rosinalove11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this blush. It is a great neutral and goes with everything. This is a must have in any collection. It is a browny pink. Sheertones are my favorite of the mac blush finishes. It is matte, but looks polished. I think this would look good on many skintones. This can be used as a blush alone or a contour colour.