Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss

3.9

on 11/7/2010 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've had a few BBW fragrances and many lotions, but never a perfume version until this one, and its because I could not get the scent out of my mind once I tested it! Its funny how so many reviews liken this to Angel, something that never occurred to me though I am a long time fan of Angel and have both on my bathroom sink right next to one another! I have worn the lotion layered under Angel, and yes, smells great:)

Back to this, I love sweet scents that are sugary in nature, but also have a more complex nature than the usual vanilla, play doh scents. I find this very sugary sweet but also to have a smoky quality, kind of cotton candy meets cigarette smoke, but in the best way possible! It may sound atrocious, but smells delicious. My DF loved this on me and got me the perfume and the lotion, when he has never really preferred one scent over another before. Like the Angel reference, some have mentioned BBW's Black Amethyst, not comparable scent wise but interesting to me in that I also love that one, and like Angel, its a scent you either love or hate. I find this scent very wearable for day to day, and also evening. The lotion is delicious smelling too. My one qualm is not enough lasting power. It might just be my chemistry though. I am visiting my mom right now, did not bring this perfume with me and after wearing it daily for a while now, wow really miss it!

on 11/7/2010 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I went to B&BW for the first time ever tonight. I live in Canada and thus for years I have had to obtain all my B&BW products via swapping and online shopping. This made for a lot of buyer's remorse because I have had to purchase sight un-sniffed. I hate most gourmands and fruity fragrances. The gourmands I do like, I have to be in the mood for. Yet, I fell head over heals for this fragrance! It works so well with my body chemistry, I am amazed. It's a soft, blackberry musk. The body mist hardly smelled of anything on my skin so I spent my money on the EdT, shower gel, body cream, and lotion. It does seem reminiscent of TM Angel, but this is different enough and so much easier to wear.My husband describes it as "similar to Angel but not as blatantly sexy". I will definitely repurchase when I run out if I haven't grown tired of it.

UPDATE: Dec. 18, 2010 - I prefer the lotion, cream and shower gel over the EdT. the EdT develops into a boring, tiresome berry scent. continued >>

on 11/5/2010 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I love this scent! On me it is sweet, but dark and sexy at the same time. I smell berries, amber, musk, some kind of spicy floral smell, and vanilla but not the clean, fresh kind, but a dark, deep kind it gives more depth to the scent. I love that this scent is complex and has more a depth to it than most BBW scents. I always get compliments on this scent. I have the body wash, lotion, body cream, shimmer lotion and the body spray.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This scent really does not like me. Both the lotion and the body mist just smell like overpowering, medicinal menthol on my skin.

on 10/21/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This has become my fave B&BW scent. This scent is dark, spicy and sweet. I purchased the candle, oil, and wallflower so that my house can smell like it. I really like that this scent is long lasting. I have the hand cream and by itself, it truly stands out. Hours after applying it, I still get asked what I'm wearing. Will definitely be stocking up on this scent!

on 10/18/2010 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really like this scent a lot, it smells awesome almost a sweet berry scent to me, & it lasts a long time.

on 10/16/2010 12:54:00 AM

I really wasn't expecting to like this at ALL. I had a look at the notes in it, and none of them stood out to me, and the picture didn't really do much for me either- I associated it with something deep and heavy, definitely not what I'm looking for. The name doesn't really describe it very well. But I'm not the marketer, so I'll hush. ;-)

When I went in to B&BW to buy another Forever Sunshine for a friend, they had this in a display right up at the front of the store with a representative standing there to advertise it. She started talking about how much she loved it, and I figured, "Why not take a whiff? It's not like it's going to kill me..." So I let her spritz some on my wrist. I then went about my shopping, occasionally sniffing my wrist to see how the fragrance panned out. I ended up buying a travel-sized version on my way out.

To my extreme surprise, I've been using this almost every day! It has a perfect balance between sweet and innocent; and sultry and sexy. I do catch a slight note of the Vicks Vaporub everyone's been mentioning, but it's not noticeable at all and dies down very quickly. On my skin, the raspberry and vanilla are extremely noticeable, which I like! And it doesn't hurt that purple is my favorite colour.

I'm running extremely low on the travel-sized body spray, so I'm going to go back and pick up a regular size, a lotion, and an EDT. This is a wonderful fall/winter scent, and I really do like it! :-)

I'm not much of a perfume person but I can't get enough of this! I can definitely smell the raspberry and vanilla in it, but it is not light and fruity. It has a deeper quality to it. A very sexy scent.

on 10/12/2010 6:11:00 PM

OMG a definate hit for bath and body! I think it has a berry choclately smell to it. I absolutely love it. It's my favorite fall/winter warm scent right behind twilight woods. I have the shower gel, lotion, and body mist. Which i use them all to layer the scent which makes it stay much longer. I think next time i will also splurge on the eau de toilette instead of the body mist. It just fades so quickly :( But with the wash and lotion, then the spray I can smell it all day :] def worth the $. The best time to buy bath &body products are during buy 3 get 2 free or buy3 get 3 free.

One of my favs from BBW! Has a berry smell to it which I love. I just have the body splash, so its very lite and fades quickly. When I run out I more than likely will purchase the perfume instead

Top Rated Bath and Body Works Products