April 20, 2014 | 959 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Cork

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cork eyeshadow is the first Mac eyeshadow i have ever bought. A great crease color for probably every skin tone, it is a versatile shade, you can find many uses out of this eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by linhn92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally got this e/s for a crease color but lately I've been using it for my brows with an angled brush. A great neutral medium brown color that should be a staple for everyone. But I'm looking for a bit darker brow color.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

"Cork" is a good color to use for eye brows, especially for blondes since its a soft brown. A MAC makeup artist recommended the color for my crease and it looked ok, but it's not always a success on my crease for some reason. I know that Kim Kardashian's makeiup artist has used this one on her crease, and also on her brows. A decent matte crease color. I will probably use this for my brows in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by cfrozal23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this color!!! I use this color almost always!!! It's just the perfect color for my crease if I'm doing a smokey eye!!! Love love!!! Great pigmintation.. not too dark.. not too light.. just the right amount of color!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A must, a staple for anyone who applies makeup.

Since 1994 -- lasting love!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2010 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by happygirl206

ok.
so cork...
its not one of those colors you can JUST put that ONE eyeshadow and leave the house.
it's.. a great crease color but not a great lid color, just because its so dark , unless you're going for that smokey look.

It's great! It applies well and the packaging quality is very good too

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by 1somthinsouthern

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, this is one of those go to eyeshadows. If you don't own something like this go get this one. It is perfect in the crease or as a transition color. It applies very smoothly. The color is perfect even though in the package it won't say BUY ME. Well go and get it. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:56:00 PM More reviews by clouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite brown shade because it's so subtle and natural looking on me. I alternate this with Soba (which I also really love), and wear it mostly as a crease shade. It's the perfect shade of brown with warm tones - For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by gleam

I am asian (see pic in profile for skin tone) and although I do have double eyelids and a crease above my eyelids, I don't like that defined crease look. It just doesn't look 100% right on me.
Cork does look nice in the crease, but my favorite way of applying this e/s is this: I use MAC's 252 brush to apply Ricepaper e/s (great highlighter and base) on the entire lid up to the browbone. Then I use the 272 brush (239 works aswell) to apply Cork on 2/3 of the lid (starting from inner lid going outwards) up the the browbone. It's kind of like rather than applying the shadow in the traditional V-shape at the outer corner, I do the opposite by extending it into a V at the inner corner/lid and blend the 2/3 up the the browbone by using the 217 brush. (Sorry for my bad english, I hope it does make a little sense ;-) ). Reapply Ricepaper on browbone (I only reapply from arch to outer end of the eyebrow, blending downwards to outer corners) and in inner corners. This technique actually is giving me some depth illusion, my eyelids look deeper.
Then I use dark brown eyeliner (winged out), mascara on curled lashes and some undereye concealer to cover up those dark circles if needed. This is a great neutral, polished eye to pair with a nude lip during the day (great for work) or with bold red l/s in the evening like Ruby Woo. If you got some extra time, dust a little bit of bronzer all over the face (my HG is Laguna by Nars) and apply some peachy, corally or rosey blush on the apples. It looks amazing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No