Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/27/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this palette!!! Check out my video for a gorgeous smokey tutorial using this palette. I would recommend this for everyone!!!!

on 12/25/2014 12:51:00 PM

Love this product veryy much! I am a beginner when it comes eyeshadows as i always have problem picking the right colour combination to go on my eyes.This is my first eye shadow palette and it solves me problem! Colour combinations are given in this palette so you have no headache of picking matching colours. The 3-4 obvious combinations in this palette gives you all you need to survive whether it is a casual day or fancy evening out.

Pigments are long lasting and of decent quality - it is so easy to apply and blend even with my zero skill using the brush given. Will definitely repurchase (though may consider buying naked 2 instead)

on 12/21/2014 10:13:00 PM

I love this palette- it took me ages to finally buy it after having bought other neutral palettes. i really didn't think i needed this one as well. however, the colors are so incredible smooth and pigmented- easy to blend and easy to come up with any kind of eye look. i love it love it love it and highly recommend!

on 12/21/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Wow, seems like i am the first to give a bad review... but i hate this stuff. does not do what it says and pigments are not strong at all, even when i use it with a damp brush to try make the pigments show. was very excited to buy this as i heard all the hype. gave it MANY tries using different techniques and different brushes including the one that comes in the box. however the packaging is high end and doesnt break or crack like many plastic packaging.

on 12/11/2014 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite naked compared to the naked trilogy. I have all of them, but yet this is still my favorite. If you tapped the brush to remove excess eyeshadow then you will not getting any fallout, but if you still do, just clean it with powder brush and it will gone. This is so pigmented compared to any other eyeshadow brand (stila, too faced, i am talking to you). I know its a bit pricey but it consist lots of colors so it is worth the hype.

on 12/9/2014 7:32:00 PM

This is my FAVORITE eyeshadow palette. The colors are AMAZING and the quality of the eyeshadow's are superb! I've never really been a fan of eyeshadow palettes before. I always preferred individual eyeshadows. But after hearing about all the naked palettes, I went ahead and bought this! It was hard to choose which palette to get, but I decided to go with the first one.
It works so well. It's pigmented, and the colors apply on beautifully. I've had the palette for exactly a year now and it's not even almost finished. My favorite shadow is the half baked one. It's such a beautiful gold! I use this palette every time I go to a party, outing, event, or wedding. It's amazing, I'm in love. I'm going to buy the number 2 naked palette tomorrow. Hopefully I'll love that one just as much! I'll def be buying it again!

on 12/5/2014 6:28:00 PM

I've had my naked one palette for a year and a half now, and there are barely dents in the shadows, despite me using it almost everyday. it's a very good value considering I feel like it's all the eye shadow I need. I also have naked 3 and love it too!

on 12/1/2014 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have both Naked 1 and 2, plus Naked Basics (1). I like them all. Naked 1 is a given for me with its warmer undertones compared to Naked 2.

My only real complaint is the amount of sparkle/glitter. I've got a ton of palettes and seem to keep them in rotation, so I go through spurts when I like the sparkle (generally that's in the colder months for me) and during the summer months, I'd rather be more matte.

Some complain of fall-out; I have just made it a habit to tap the excess off my brush regardless of the brand. I don't have trouble with them then.

I use a primer with all shadows and find that works the best.

on 11/30/2014 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I loooooove this. A lot!

I have been eyeing this up for a VERY long time. Every time I would pass by an urban decay counter I would stare at this and swatch it longingly. Naked2 looked too taupey for me (I own satin taupe by mac and don't really enjoy it. Taupes seem to make look sick) while Naked3 was too pinky, which I assumed would clash with my yellow undertone. The only reason why I took so long to buy Naked1 was because I didn't think the really warm colours would work due to my yellow sallow skin tone and flat light brown/blonde hair.

I recently dyed my hair a rich warm vibrant brown and its what inspired me to take the plunge because I knew the warmth of my hair and some fake-tan would be a great match with these colours.

The colours work like magic! I knew these colours wouldn't have worked with my old hair because colours like woodwinked and half baked always looked so harsh, but now they complement me nicely. I now can get away with loads of bronzer, which works so well with these eyeshadows.

There are endless eyeshadow combinations I can come up with just looking at them. Everyone is saying that they don't work with pale skin but I was suprised to see some really do. I am pretty pale myself and virgin, sin and sidecar work perfectly on the lid for a barely-there but better-than-natural look. There is shimmer but it is subtle and appropriate for every day. It is just enough to give a bit of light to the eye. To tone them down for work put either naked or buck in the crease, or if you work in a really conservative enviornment then virign/a paint pot over the lid and naked/buck in the crease on their own.

For the weekend I do enjoy a bit of shimmer so darkhorse and hustle are excellent crease colours. Some of the reviews say they blend into a muddy mess, but trust me I use cheap brushes and I am far from talented at eyeshadow application and I somehow manage to get beautifully defined eyes from these colours without very much effort at all. There is a small amount of fall-out but not a lot at all, like some people were saying.

Smog and half-baked are beautiful golden colours and I agree, cooler skin tones will find it hard to pull them off. I already owned half-baked from a previous palette and hated it but somehow the one here is beautiful and subtle, and works perfectly with the darker colours.

If you go out a lot at night, for dinner or clubbing or somewhere fancy again you are sorted. Gunmetal is quite grungy and blue toned, probably my least favourite shadow, only because blue doesn't tend to flatter me. Creep gives definition to any look, but its not the most pigmented black I own but it's handy to have in the palette.

So many options and so many occasions! I really don't know why I bothered buying mac. I can see why Naked Basics would be useful (more options for work), but for now I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

I love the velvet packaging and magnetic closure and MUCH prefer it to the tin one. Something just feels so luxurious about it, not to mention so much easier to open and close!

on 11/18/2014 8:52:00 PM

Fantastic product! I have had this palette for agessss and still love it!
iv given 4 for the price because its on the expensive side, but the colours are really highly pigmented and you only need a small amount.
In some of the other reviews people has spoked about the fallout, but I think this is because the shadows are so soft sometimes your brush can get overloaded with product which can easily fall off the brush when applying. I find if you put a small amount on and then build the colour then its fine, with the shadows being so soft it means they blend so well and you can create loads of different looks.
iv given 4 for the packaging because it does a good overall job of keeping the shadows inside nice and clean and damage free but the only problem is that its made from a felt/velvet type material and mine has become marked and faded over time, which the new naked palettes 2/3 this has been changed to a metal case which seems much better. I would of given it a 3 for packaging but I decided 4 because of the really useful mirror in the lid.
My sister has just bought the naked palette 2 and that one also looks really good, maybe even better. When this one is all gone (this could take forever) I think I will get that one next for a change

Popular Palettes

NAKED

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches