November 27, 2014 | 1507 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Fabulousblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the nicest eye shadow palette ever! It has the most beautiful selection of colours! It has lovely gold colours especially the smog and half baked. It also has nice a silver gunmetal and a shimmery navy one near the end. It has nice day time pinks to if you just want a light look such as sin and virgin. This is the only eyeshadow I own as I don't think you need any other eye shadows these are most of the nicest colours you need. You also only need a little bit on the brush and it provides a lot of colour, so you don't need to put on load. The colour lasts all day or night too, especially with the potion. I think this palette has a better selection of colours than 1 and 2. The suede palette is very pretty too. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by PonPonPon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this so much, but on my tan skin all the meidum colors just looked muddy/dirty, and the lighter/darker colors are just too dramatic and glittery for an everyday look. I like my makeup to look natural and most of the shades are just to glittery and impractical for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by itskatiexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do use this palette everyday to do my makeup, and for the most part I really do like the palette. I find *with a good primer* (I use Urban Decays Primer Potion) the shadows last all day and stay as vibrant as they were when you first applied them. They are really blendable which is important when you want to create a smooth, blended looking eye. I've also had this palette for a good year and haven't even come close to hitting pan on any of the colours- so for me, the price is well worth it. This palette includes 2 matte colours and the other 10 are shimmer based. In my opion I would have liked to see a few more matte colours to this palette, but i do enjoy wearing shimmer shadows as well. If i had to only choose two matte colours to be included in the palette, I would have picked the exact colours that are already included. (A light brown: Naked, and a bit of a deeper brown: Buck) With any look that i'm creating, these are my favourite transition shadows- even if i'm not using the entire palette for one look, you can bet that im using Naked and Buck on my eyes! With that being said, you can create a few really great looks with this palette on it's own without any other help from other shadows. I travel with this palette all the time, its a great palette for that. I can create a natural, soft eye look or a deeper more dramatic eye look with this single palette. I find that it suits all skin tones when used properly, but looks best on fair-medium and deeper tones. I find when you have good brushes, you dont get much fallout- but if you dont shake off the excess shadow you may find fallout.. I would repurchase this palette, but be more opt to repurchase the few colours i use daily before that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by livefastanddiepretty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

From reading the other reviews I have noticed that many are complaining about the price of this palette, when in fact it is not that highly priced. The 12-shadow palette retails for $54USD, which amounts to $4.50USD per shadow. Not that bad at all, even compared to drugstore brands' prices. I received this as a Christmas gift in 2012 and have been using it at least 3-4 times a week and I have never run out (or even came close to running out) of any of the colors so far!

I absolutely love this palette! I have fair skin that is also very dry, mostly on the bridge of my nose, my forehead and my cheeks, but also on my eyelids. These eyeshadows, especially when applied over the Primer Potion, are fairly well pigmented and stay put all day without smearing or fading. The shadows feel soft upon application and even the most glittery ones do not feel thick or grainy. They do not irritate my eyelids or worsen the dryness. They also do not smell bad, which is always a plus!

The colors are beautiful and each is different. Some are matte, some are shimmery, some are glittery and they all have a unique shade. My favorite color combinations are: Virgin, Sin, Sidecar and Toasted or Half Baked, Smog, Darkhorse and Hustle. Both looks are nice against my dark blue eyes!

I will definitely repurchase this when I run out (or if I lose it first!) I am looking forward to buying Naked2, which will complement my blue eyes perfectly, but I am under the impression that Naked3 is marketed to costumers with brown eyes, which leaves me uncertain about purchasing it. Anyone know if it's any good for fair skin/blue eyes?

My only negative comment about the Naked palette is that the box opens quite easily which can make it difficult to carry in a bag or while travelling. Also, there should be a space in the palette to carry the Primer Potion that comes with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this, have used UD for several years and the brand has never failed. Good quality shadows, shades are suited to all skin tones and long lasting :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by soccermom22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My all time faviorte product. love every color. this is a must have

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

No 2 HG palette. No 1 would be the NAKED2. Beautful colors, very pigmented, last all day long, reasonable price, what more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Lourdesgoi78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love all the colors it comes with you can use the colors with any soft and bright colors. It blends well.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do like this palette. It's good for travel but I find that there are not enough matte colors. 10 shimmers and 2 matte colors doesn't seem well balanced to me especially since I prefer a mostly matte eye. I think if this had a matte highlight and one matte darker color it would be perfect! That being said all of the colors are beautiful and well pigmented. They are almost all gold toned so if you like that you'll get a lot of use out of this palette. $50 is a lot but when you think about all of the shadows you get it's a good deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by prinsessekristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good value for money. All the colors I need in one palette. Lovely quality.