Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/4/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Naked was my very first high end palette, I received it as a gift. I still revere it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, some of the shades are powdery. Some have fallout. But the colors and the effect is all worth it. This was the ground breaker, the original. I never travel without it. Has just about everything you need for any nude look, from natural to dramatic.

on 7/3/2014 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I don't understand the hype surrounding UD products. I bought this palette after lusting over it and hearing so many beauty bloggers and YouTube gurus touting its awesomeness. I've had this palette for almost 4 years now and have played around with the colors maybe 10 times and every time I've used it I've become more and more unimpressed.
The fallout of the shadows is the biggest peeve of mine but also the colors don't blend well and are not as pigmented as I like. The only reason I have not thrown this palette away is because of how much I shelled out, around $45 before taxes at Sephora so it's so hard to try and part with this cause of how much money I spent on this. For higher end shadows I prefer Too Faced, I LOVE their shadows, good pigments, awesome blendability and little to no fallout; pretty much a good solid brand of higher end shadow if you will only buy HE makeup.
The only useful item that came with this was a mini tube of UDPP which I've already used up. My palette also came with a two-sided eyeliner with Zero on one side and Whiskey on the other but from what I heard the eyeliner is now replaced with a eyeshadow brush. The eyeliner is complete crap imo. Eyeliner is dubbed "24/4" but it hardly is 24/7, it smudges and doesn't stay in place. Zero is suppose to be a very black color but it's not very black pigment at all, my CG eyeliner is more black than Zero and actually lasts all day. Whiskey is brown with red tones to it, which I hate (good eyeliner that is an awesome brown is from CG in the color mink, for anyone who is interested).
These palettes are mass produced in large quantities and yet we are charged an arm and leg for these items that are of low quality.
There are many dupes for this palette (and other UD palettes) for a fraction of the price of UD out there, try the dupes and don't waste this amount of money on this crappy palette like I did. I feel so stupid for buying this, wish I would have returned it.

on 6/29/2014 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

After the release of Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3, all of the admiration, and major attention, I had to see why everyone loved these palettes so much. After plenty of research on what would look best on my skin tone, I went with the first Naked palette. Naked 3 was more pink and I am just starting to play with makeup at the age of 21, so I wanted something more neutral. The price is steep, so you're paying around $50. It does come with eyeshadow primer samples and an excellent double-ended eyeshadow brush. The packaging is beautiful because "NAKED URBAN DECAY" is in gold and the exterior of the palette is a velvet-like material. The palette closes with the use of a magnet. When you open the palette, there is a rectangular mirror, a slot with the eyeshadow brush, and the gorgeous colors. There are 12 colors in total, each with very unusual and fun names. My two favorites are Smog and Half-Baked. Most of the colors are shimmery, but there are two matte shades. I find the shades to be highly pigmented and they stay on well with the use of eyeshadow primer. I use Too Faced eyeshadow primer, but I'm sure the Urban Decay primer potion works very well. I do see plenty of fallout with the shimmery shades, so I would watch out for that. It's a palette of endless possibilities. You can be sexy with a smokey eye, chic and professional with a daytime neutral eye, and you can even go with a sweet look with the lighter shades in the bunch. The brush is high quality! It is gold to match with the palette and has Urban Decay engraved on the handle. One end looks like a shading brush, and the other end is an eyeshadow applicator brush. All in all, it's just an excellent product and really enhances the eyes. I'm glad I bought it!

One of the best natural/brown colored palettes ever made period

on 6/26/2014 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It took me years to finally cave and bring one home. The reason why it look me so long was because it's super expensive in Canada - with taxes it's about $75 a pop! I only gave it a 4 lipstick rating because of the packaging. It's very easy to get dirty, but I put it back in the original packaging after use to protect the velvet case.

In regards to the shadows themselves, I never knew how eyeshadows could be "buttery smooth" before using the UD shadows. I am used to chalky, uneven F21 shadows and these ones set the bar for shadow usage for me. You just need one dip of your brush into the colour for it to show up so user beware :P

So far I have only been using the lighter natural shades. I love Dark Horse as a eyebrow shader. Overall, I love this palette and probably will not buy the N2.

on 6/25/2014 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Great colors, very flattering on warm skin tones but not overly warm. Can create a good smoky look too.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I love this palette! It's great for whether you want a nice daytime look or an edgy evening look. The colours are really easy to blend and go well with each other. It is expensive but I definitely think it's worth it. It's amazing, definitely a favourite!

on 6/23/2014 4:26:00 PM

I love this palette and I use this daily with my other naked palettes. I love browns and the sparkles, I make so many looks with this palette.

on 6/22/2014 9:28:00 PM

I lusted after this for the longest time. To put it short, I hardly use my other shadows anymore. I really find myself going to natural eye looks for just about every occasion so this palette is perfect. The gold (half baked) and rose gold (chopper) are amazing! This palette is definitely an investment but one that is totally worth it!

on 6/20/2014 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am surprised that so many people like this palette.The color pay off is terrible without a base,with the base it oxidizes.Normally I mostly use brown and nude colors but to my surprise no color from this palette seemed to really fit me.The packaging is annoying because it gets covered with dust and little fuzzy particles all the time.I ended up giving it to a friend.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
PRO Palette
NAKED3

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

Urban Decay Naked Palette Neutral Tutorial by ShyGirlBeauty