October 31, 2014 | 1568 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ummm GLITTERAMA!!! Why wasn't the sososo SO obvious shimmer stated in the MOST helpful MUA reviews?? Well, I suppose those that "don't see" the glitter/shimmer in Revlon PhotoReady, won't see it in this either-- I did & thats why I boycotted such an otherwise wonderful foundation. Funny thing up until yesterday, my review WAS going to read:

Turning into HG status for me & here’s why:
1. This is Paula Begoun’s Pick, rated as Excellent.
2. Has SPF 17 (octinoxate + titanium dioxide)
3. Breathable, light texture-- still feels like skin.
4. Medium to full coverage-- still looks like skin.
5. Affordable $15 for 1.0 oz vs L’oreal’s VL Smooth (with brush) is $17for 0.85 oz.

I had been wearing this for about a month & was absolutely stunned at the points mentioned above, while I worked my 12 hr shifts at the hospital (5am-5pm) & never saw sunlight. As I drove out late today I first noticed my hand sparkle on the steering wheel, than my forehead in the rearview mirror. I finally found the culprit to be this & was heartbroken. I suppose I could use it on night outs or certain lighting; but Im wayy too conscious to keep it as my daily go to HG.

For reference: I matched 146-Nude Beige perfectly, its a light to medium shade with yellow undertones. I'm an NW20, Revlon CS Buff, Sally Hansen by Carmindy Ecru Beige, L'oreal True Match W2, Palladio Dual Wet/Dry Laurel Nude, Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse-Creamy Natural.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly this didn't work on my dry, winter Rosacean skin. It looked good on my oilier areas but highlighted flakes and texture -- even after I used both physical and chemical exfoliants and a good moisturizer. It really emphasized the slight "scaliness" of my skin especially on my inner cheeks (from rosacea), and highlighted fine lines around my eyes.

I did like the Classic Ivory shade, the pump bottle, and the good coverage.

Most drugstore foundations, I find, are geared towards oilier skin - perhaps because most of the US has warmer weather.

My search for a perfect foundation continues. So far the closest are MUFE Face & Body foundation (but I'm between two shades and it's already pricey), Merle Norman Ultra Luxiva powder foundation (but light coverage and a bit drying), and Revlon Spa Age defying (light coverage and a bit drying).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far I am really liking this foundation. It is by far the best drugstore foundation I have found yet. It seems pricey for the brand, but do your homework and you can get it on sale :) I am typically an NC30 and 151 was a tad dark for me, so I will need to exchange it for a different color and come back to the 151 in the summer time.
The texture takes little effort to blend and the smell is pleasant. I must set it with a powder though because I am combo skin and after 5 hours I can see my pores coming through. It lasted all day through college on me and it looked pretty decent 12 hours later when I got home. Once I get the other color match for my skin and start setting it with a powder and its working great, this foundation will definitely become 5 stars!!!
Edit... Foundation does not stay put through the slightest bit of oil. My face looked patchy after a couple of hours

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

I struggle to find a liquid foundation that blends seamlessly, feels lightweight while offering medium coverage, and feels great on my skin. This is it! My skintone is a cool light ivory, and the soft ivory shade works very well. It glides onto my skin and blends in without that typical "sinking" into the pores-look. I believe it also protects my skin with spf and anti-aging serum. This is the first foundation that I would ever say I will purchase again. Even though it is supposed to be for more mature skin, I love it at 30!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by pulidobl

Very impressed by this drugstore find! It outperforms a lot of high end foundations I've tried, too like other MUA'ers have found. I did not get any sun last summer, so I am pretty pale probably about an NC 15-20. I tried 144 light Ivory, which is a good match, maybe a tad light. It has a yellow undertone which I felt would suit my skin better. Tip: start applying in small areas, and don't over apply! I find one pump does my whole face with enough left over to spot treat. This is a keeper and will really help with the make up budget. Got it for $13.49 at Target. Some will feel it is pricey for d/s foundation, but I usually pay $40 to $60 a bottle for high end stuff so it is a bargain. Also it would help to go to where they have testers to get the right color, if possible, since the bottle makes the foundation darker than it really is.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought this would happen to me... I've tried everything from Chanel to Rimmel... but this foundation actually makes me look airbrushed?! I heard people talking about them looking 'airbrushed' when they find a good foundation, and i always thought... pfft... with my skin, like that would EVER happen to me.

But this foundation (just to clarify, I am writing about L'oreal Invisible Lift Smooth Absolute foundation with the brush packaging in 172 Sand Beige), combined with some well blended concealer, gives me this airbrushed radiance...

If anything changes, or if i find something to dislike about this, I will come back and edit my review.

// ok air brushed look fades as foundation settles :p *back to looking for fav foundation* - still a nice foundation! Not regretting purchase, and will def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jillmg89

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have used mineral makeup for years and decided that I needed a bit more coverage. I have to say that this foundation works great for me. I did not notice how well it made my face look until I saw photos of myself. My face looked so smooth and flawless! I thought it would feel heavy on my face compared to the mineral makeup, but it does not. It goes on smoothly and evenly and my face stays moisturized, without any oily shine. Does not cause breakouts (even if I go to bed without washing off of my face). I have used more expensive department store foundations and I think this one is comparable at about $15.00 a bottle, or less when on sale- about half the cost of department store foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally! I light yellowed tone foundation for my Hispanic skin. I think this is the only drugstore foundation that finally realized "Hey, I think they're might some lighter chicks that aren't all pink toned." To me, it feels a bit velvety and it last through out the day when I'm out with my sister. A def repurchase over and over again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by rusana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, well, I shouldn't have cheated on my Revlon Colorstay. The idea is nice, other people liked this foundation, not me - caked up on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by HeidiML

I absolutely love this make up. I can't believe how good my skin looks with this foundation on!! It seems from reviews that it's very hit or miss, so it's probably one of those products that's a love/hate thing. It seems to work best for someone with oiler/not dry skin. Even though I'm not a spring chicken my skin is still on the oily side. This is the first make up I've tried in a long, long time that didn't feel too heavy and blended very well. Some days I use powder foundation, other days liquid.

The pump design is great because a tiny drop of this foundation goes a long way - I dot it in spots over my face and blend; only a quarter or half a pump dispenses just the right amount (which seems like it isn't much at all, until it's applied and then it's plenty!). The foundation seems like it's going to be heavy when I apply it, however it almost immediately disappears into my skin and leaves a perfect, flawless, poreless finish. Also eliminates shine all day, which for me is a huge plus. I don't need to add powder or any other foundation product. Yeah!

I have light blonde hair and very fair skin, I picked 143 natural buff and it was perfect match - which I can't hardly believe because it's really hard to pick the right shade of drug store foundation.

Because of the perfect color match and how flawless it makes my skin look I'll definitely buy this again.