September 1, 2014 | 1801 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by GetSmart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought this would happen to me... I've tried everything from Chanel to Rimmel... but this foundation actually makes me look airbrushed?! I heard people talking about them looking 'airbrushed' when they find a good foundation, and i always thought... pfft... with my skin, like that would EVER happen to me.

But this foundation (just to clarify, I am writing about L'oreal Invisible Lift Smooth Absolute foundation with the brush packaging in 172 Sand Beige), combined with some well blended concealer, gives me this airbrushed radiance...

If anything changes, or if i find something to dislike about this, I will come back and edit my review.

// ok air brushed look fades as foundation settles :p *back to looking for fav foundation* - still a nice foundation! Not regretting purchase, and will def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jillmg89

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have used mineral makeup for years and decided that I needed a bit more coverage. I have to say that this foundation works great for me. I did not notice how well it made my face look until I saw photos of myself. My face looked so smooth and flawless! I thought it would feel heavy on my face compared to the mineral makeup, but it does not. It goes on smoothly and evenly and my face stays moisturized, without any oily shine. Does not cause breakouts (even if I go to bed without washing off of my face). I have used more expensive department store foundations and I think this one is comparable at about $15.00 a bottle, or less when on sale- about half the cost of department store foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally! I light yellowed tone foundation for my Hispanic skin. I think this is the only drugstore foundation that finally realized "Hey, I think they're might some lighter chicks that aren't all pink toned." To me, it feels a bit velvety and it last through out the day when I'm out with my sister. A def repurchase over and over again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by rusana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh, well, I shouldn't have cheated on my Revlon Colorstay. The idea is nice, other people liked this foundation, not me - caked up on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by HeidiML

I absolutely love this make up. I can't believe how good my skin looks with this foundation on!! It seems from reviews that it's very hit or miss, so it's probably one of those products that's a love/hate thing. It seems to work best for someone with oiler/not dry skin. Even though I'm not a spring chicken my skin is still on the oily side. This is the first make up I've tried in a long, long time that didn't feel too heavy and blended very well. Some days I use powder foundation, other days liquid.

The pump design is great because a tiny drop of this foundation goes a long way - I dot it in spots over my face and blend; only a quarter or half a pump dispenses just the right amount (which seems like it isn't much at all, until it's applied and then it's plenty!). The foundation seems like it's going to be heavy when I apply it, however it almost immediately disappears into my skin and leaves a perfect, flawless, poreless finish. Also eliminates shine all day, which for me is a huge plus. I don't need to add powder or any other foundation product. Yeah!

I have light blonde hair and very fair skin, I picked 143 natural buff and it was perfect match - which I can't hardly believe because it's really hard to pick the right shade of drug store foundation.

Because of the perfect color match and how flawless it makes my skin look I'll definitely buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I hated this. The colour was good for my very fair skin and the bottle was nice looking, that's about the only good things I have to say about this. It looked so cakey on, I tried a ton of different ways to get it to look natural and it just was not looking good on me. I even tried to sheer it out by mixing it with my moisturizer before applying and it went on streaking and caked in some spots. I usually do not have an issue with things looking cakey/dry on my skin since it's so oily so I was surprised I had this issue. After a few hours of wear I was super shiny and oily in my t-zone and this was with minimal activity (day off work). Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I started using this right when it came out and it was my HG foundation. I found it comparable to my favorite Clinique Foundation. It was moisturizing, matched my skin tone perfectly and made my skin look glowy. My only complaint was that it made my skin look shiny and it rubbed off easily.
After going through a few bottles of this, I noticed the product didn't seem the same. It would melt off my face and look super shiny. One bottle I bought would oxidize and look orange.
That was a year ago and I gave the foundation another chance. It is better than ever. I started using this in my early thirties and it definitely improves my skin. It looks smoother, less irritated and minimizes fine lines.
I think a few bottles I bought were old. I also think the results vary depending on what moisturizer you use underneath. I was using Clinique's yellow one and it did terrible. The combination made my face shiny and the foundation just slid right off.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just love Makeup Alley. I never would have considered buying this. Ever. Why? It looked too "gimmicky" ... companies are always coming out with newer, different, updated, and the-next-best-thing foundations based on the current trends.

I have very VERY pale skin, mostly pink undertones, with really red cheeks right below my eyes. Everytime I love a foundation, they discontinue it. I used Natural Glow in my early teens. Discontinued. Then I used Cover Girl Continuous Wear in Natural Ivory. Discontinued. So I tried other Cover Girl products in Natural Ivory. I don't know what it is, but no matter what I tried, it wasn't the same Natural Ivory as it was in the Continuous Wear. What is up with that? Anyway, next was Max Factor Lasting Performance in Light Champagne. Discontinued. Then on to Beauticontrol, with P1. Which, yes, they still make that, but even that is hit or miss. I can't wear it year round. Most days it just looks cakey.

So, you're beginning to see my frustration here.

Reluctantly, this past year, I have been trying out ALL sorts of foundations. Some came very close, but they we not everything I wanted. The main thing is just to match my skintone. That wasn't happening. I decided to research on Makeup Alley. Glad I did.

To my surprise, I didn't buy the lightest shade of ivory. I went for the most pink toned one, Classic Ivory. I was fearful this would be just another waste of time, that it wasn't going to match. I used a primer and applied and blended with a brush. Wow. Good, medium coverage. Covered up my pink, it almost covered up my red cheeks. Certainly covered up my freckles. Blended very well. Not matte nor shiney, somewhere in the middle - satin (just like what all the other reviews have said). I look like I've got a natural glow about myself. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything at all. I am very impressed. Also, there isn't any noticeable scent, like in other foundations.

For those who care about the packaging: the bottle itself feels substanstial enough that it doesn't look nor feel "cheap", plus the pump works perfectly. I actually love foundations with a pump.

I will wear it everyday for a week, and will update my review. So far, so happy.

******* UPDATE 8/15/12

I still like this foundation, but I do not wear this daily. It breaks me out. If I do wear it (and I do like it) I have to mix it with another product or foundation so I'm using very little. If I'm having ruddy skin issues or acne, I skip it. If I'm having a normal skin day, I will use it. :) Dropped it down 1 lippie for the acne problems. Otherwise, it's still a great foundation with great potetional for the right complexion, give it a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by PastyWicks

I bought this based on reviews here and thought it would be nice since alot of people say it has good coverage and oil control (which I've noticed alot of age-defying foundations have/ what I've heard of them) So i went out and got the lightest shade- 143 soft ivory. Unfortunately, the undertone is almost as pink as hello kitty. Seriously, its like bubble-gum pink. I have a neutral/ slight yellow undertone so this was probably just too pink on me. For reference I'm W1 in true match. The reason i gave this a 4 is because I mix it with the shade down which is a strong yellow, and with some true match w1. Alone the texture is a mousse like cream, but goes on a bit powdery. Its very smoothing but can accentuate skin texture. Mixed with true match w1, its the perfect texture. It has decent lasting power over primer and with powder, but i get creasing in my laugh lines after about 3 hours. The finish without powder is quite luminous and pretty, and even after powder there's a soft glow thats very flattering. Overall it would be nice for normal- combo skin thats more on the medium tone range, as nc15 and up will probably have a hard time finding a good match

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by socarras92

_*I had heard alot of great things about this product, so I decided to give it a try. I normally use L'Oreal's liquid True Blend in W4 (which I love, love, love). Anyways I bought the Visible Lift and it runs about $13 at Wal-Mart. When I tried this on it was pure crap it dries too quickly and doesn't cover anything. Within an hour of wearing it, it melts off and looks like a hot mess!! I then gave it a second chance but I applied a finishing powder this time and it still looked horrible. This product was a waste of my money which means I will not purchase this crap again! I will just stick to my L'Oreal True Blend liquid foundation.