July 31, 2014 | 2029 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by ms_angry_nipples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have short Asian lashes with a semi monolid. When I wear a mascara that holds a curl, it pushes my eyelid to a double fold. This mascara is very clumpy and can get messy. The formula is very thick and goppy/wet. It takes a little longer to dry but the blackest black formula is indeed very dark. There is somewhat of a glossy black dry finish on my lashes. This mascara does bring drama but requires extra effort with a lash comb to get the chunkies out. It doesn't flake or smudge and is very waterproof. This isn't a mascara I would wear to school or work though...because it does take extra time. Like all major drugstore brands you can get this mascara for cheap but I wouldn't repurchase because I much prefer Maybellines the one or nyx dolls eyes in long lash. This is just too much effort to make it work. It's an Okay mascara...there are better maybelline ones out there

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by knc70

I bought this mascara with such high hopes due to the amazing reviews on it that I had recently saw. This mascara is crap when used alone in my opinion. I use it over two coats of Maybelline One By One mascara and it works like a charm. I naturally have very long eyelashes, and this just makes them even more noticeable. I constantly get asked what mascara I use and if it is one of the very expensive brands. I always tell them about this amazing combo. It is amazing at giving the extra volume my long flat lashes need! If you have stick straight lashes, just curl and use these two together and you will be amazed!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by FAATb0yy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this mascara in waterproof black drama for $5.94 at Walmart. It doesn't flake, it didn't make me clump up and it gave me good volume. It doesn't look like I have fake lashes on but it makes my lashes look fabulous. I'm already an every user of the Colossal which I love too. Now a lot of people complain about clumping but I use just a disposable mascara wand to comb out my lashes right after I apply mascara while its wet so there won't be clumps. Department make up counters always have these mascara wands for testers and samples so I just take one or two every time I go to the mall lol. I would repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by aymyoonik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Context: I have super short, asian straight and thin eyelashes. I didn't even think I could wear mascara for the longest time because it made no difference. With that, it took me a lot of research to find a mascara routine that worked for me and Falsies is the final, best step of this.

I curl my eyelashes beforehand and then several coats of another mascara - Maybelline Illegal Length. This gives me the curl and length that I want. From there, I use Falsies in black drama ($5 at Target) .. it makes my lashes look wayy fuller and longer. The wand is super funky in shape but very effective. It also keeps my lashes separate, avoiding the clumpy look. I saw some negative comments about the packaging, but I don't mind. I think it needs to be chunky because of the curvy wand. I admittedly do too many coats of it just because I have to build up the volume of my lashes from nothing, but it still hasn't clumped up on me. The waterproof lasts all day, and I use the Maybelline waterproof eye makeup remover on a qtip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by admilly101

OMG WHY DID IT TAKE ME SO LONG TO TRY THIS OUT! I have been using the Maybelline One by One mascara for 3 years, because that one was my fav. However my lashes are not as long and full as they used to be, and I wanted a mascara that would give me some extra drama. I knew that many girls liked this mascara, so I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did!
-Gives me the length and volume in just a few swipes, something my One by One could only do after many coats
-Separates my lashes, no clumps
-Very dark
-Does not smudge
Basically I love this mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by kata8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It works for me. My lashes are defined, no clumps and full. The brush is very nice. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by StrawberryDuck

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Honestly when I first wore it, it was amazing and didn't budge a bit. But for a month I stopped then I began wearing it again. At the end of the day it made my eyes look like a raccoon. I loved this mascara before but now, it's just horrible. I'm going back to using my Covergirl Clump Crusher

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I really don't know why there is such hype on this product. It is such a gooey wet mess. The formula is really wet and I have to actually wipe product off of the wand to actually apply it on my lashes to prevent losing the curl. I find the wand huge for my tiny sparse lashes. I don't know I'm still on the hunt for the best mascara...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:40:00 PM More reviews by maybejustme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The drugstore was having a sale for Maybelline products so I randomly picked this baby up as I needed a new mascara and it is has a purple packaging and I'm a sucker for anything purple. I live in Singapore where it is crazy hot and humid all year round and I'm currently loving it as it doesn't smudge on me like other mascaras do but it does clump and flake a little. It gives volume, some length and is waterproof and I would say sweatproof too so it's perfect for summer. I've heard great things about the Rocket Volum' Express so after I finish this tube I'll probably try that one out but if I don't like the Rocket I'll definitely come back to this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:20:00 AM More reviews by lurveit914

Personally, I find mascara to always be one of those hit or miss items with companies. More often than not they get it wrong, but there are a handful of good quality mascaras out there, and I NEED to know what the good mascaras are, so I don't waste my money on the duds. I'm with everybody else... I want long, thick lashes and honestly, this baby delivers that! I think it was Tanya Burr I heard raving about this mascara and having just finished my beloved 'Covergirl LashBlast Waterproof' I decided to try this.

PROS:
- Thickens, separates and lengthens lashes (the wand somehow helps get to more lashes than I'm used to).
- Formula helps hold a curl all day (however, the curl is initially created with my Shu Uemura eyelash curler).

CONS:
- Honestly, not one although I've only been using this mascara for two weeks so if something negative occurs I'll be sure to update.

UPDATE (1st July 2013):
I've changed my rating from 5 lippies to 3. It turns out that this mascara and my eyes are not loving each other. Although I still believe the mascara definitely provides length to my lashes; as the weeks went on, on way too many occasions, I've been told by friends and family to check my eyes because all hell is breaking loose. It started off with obvious panda eyes from the mascara on my lower lashes (I had forgotten the feeling of embarrassment that came with that after using Covergirl Lash Blast in waterproof for so long). Then it was the visible transfer to my brow bone. That was the last straw - I tried to like this mascara but I've had enough.

...For extra info I use Urban Decay Primer Potion to help my eye makeup last longer and set my Bobbi Brown under eye corrector with Bare Escentuals Well Rested. As it's winter here in Australia and the mascara failed to hold up on my eyes - I'd hate to see my eyes with this mascara during a hot summers day. I think I'll be heading back to my Lash Blast.