April 19, 2014 | 978 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Walking on Eggshells

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I'm a huge fan of neutral eyeshadow color (browns,taupe,champagne,soft pink) so when I heard so much good thing about this palette I made a special trip to Walgreens just to purchase this item. I have hooded eyes so when I applied the eyeshadow according to the instruction on the eyeshadows it turned me into an 80s disco ball! It's soooo shimmery! I expect the brow bone and eyelid colors to be somewhat shimmery but not expecting the brown to be overly shimmery and turns lighter when it transfer to your crease. It emphasize my hooded eyes even more. Now I use the pink and the ivory colors in my inner corner but I never seem to be reaching for the browns,so I will not repurchase this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAlleyJunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This trio is so gorgeous! I love the colors. All 3 colors have a pearly sheen to them. I went to Walgreens looking for a cheap eyeshadow palette that had natural colors I could wear as an everyday thing. I stumbled across this palette and couldn't believe that I had found the one! And for less than $3!!! I didn't imagine the colors would be so pigmented and beautiful! They kind of remind me of colors you would find in the Urban Decay Naked palette or Too Faced palette. Always prime your lids before applying eyeshadow. It will makes the colors more pigmented, help them stay on and prevent creasing. I use ELF's mineral eyeshadow primer for $1 at Target. I also don't use the brush and sponge that comes with the eyeshadows. I like to use ELF's essential or studio line eyeshadow brushes. The essential ones are only $1 and the studio ones are $3. Overall I'm so in love with this palette and I think everyone should get it! I think I'm going to stock up on a few. Well done Wet N Wild!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by thowell124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. I picked this up at CVS because I was looking for another neutral palette, but inexpensive as well. Once I got home and tried it, I could not believe the results. All three shades are stunning and very complimentary to my green eyes. I especially loved the browbone shade as a highlighter. It really makes my browbones pop and has just the right amount of sparkle - not too much and not too little. The textures are buttery soft and they last forever, even without eyelid primer. No fallout and no flaking under my eyes. My only complaint is the packaging. Yes, it is a little cheap, which is fine because I can always buy a new one for under $5 if this breaks, but I have a heck of a time opening it. I have long nails and the pinch to open it is so tight that I'm afraid of breaking a nail. I would definitely recommend this palette for an everyday look, or even layering it for a night look. Now I have to run out and buy Silent Treatment and Sweet as Candy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

I reach for this one a lot. Nice and neutral, goes with all kinds of different outfits. Yes, there is a lot of fallout but what I do is, I apply my foundation with a damp beautyblenderish dupe sponge, apply primer, apply this eyeshadow, and then use my damp sponge to cleanup the fallout. Then I powder everything to set. Easy peasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Altheawil

It is a great Pallet But there's too much fallout, and I would never recommend this to anyone with oily eyelids, even when using a primer i find that it still slides right off....if you find the right primer it should be fine considering the color payoff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Walking on Eggshells, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

Pros:
Beautiful colors
Pigmentation
Longevity
Blendability
Price

Cons:
Slight fallout

The colors are all so useful and gorgeous. They're not at all glittery, but all have a shimmer to them. The browbone color is a light off-white (eggshell lol), the lid color is a lovely, unique peach, and the crease is a coppery brown that isn't as dark as it looks in the pan. But it's really the price to quality ratio on this product is what's most amazing about it. These are UD quality shadows for only about $3!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wet'n'Wild does not play w/ their eyeshadows! The hype is real people. I paid $3 at Walgreens and after trying it, I went and bought Sweet As Candy and Silent Treatment. I love them all. This would be my everyday neutral trio so definitely the one I use the most. They are pigmented and long lasting! I use E.L.F. $1 eyelid primer underneath. And to anyone who doesn't trust this brand, these did not break me out or irritate my skin. WnW is really stepping up their game b/c I love their Megalast polish, Coverall foundation, blushes, and Megalast lipstick...and now I'm adding these eyeshadows to the list of must haves! If I had to mention one gripe, I wish they got rid of the crappy brushes that come w/ it and used stronger sleeker packaging. Regardless, these are my HG eyeshadows.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by xoxo331

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The eyeshadows in this palette are so pigmented and buttery! These colors are also great for everyday wear, I especially love the pinkish color for the eyelid and the cheekbones. The only thing that I don't like about it is that all the color are kind of frosty and there's a little bit of fallout.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A nice neutral/no makeup colour combo for those on a budget
Price: $3 CAD
Colours:
Browbone- shimmery off white with sheen
Crease- medium shimmery golden brown (between MAC Woodwinked and Romp)
Eyelid- light shimmery peachy pink
Pigmentation- full
Texture- buttery
These are simply amazing and for the price, doesn't hurt to try them out. The silkiness and pigmentation is on par with MAC or Urban Decay e/s. There's a bit of fallout but nothing that you can't tolerate!
Go ahead, try it out. Love at first swipe, guaranteed

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Mrswhitelaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmmm...where to begin. The positives: quality for the price is really impressive. The shadows have a really nice texture, blend well, and...That's part of the problem. All the colors show so similar that its hard to distinguish between them on the lid. Also, it's wayyyy too frosty. There is nothing "satin" about this finish, it's bordering on 70s frosty. I'm almost 46 years old and it's more frost than I need. Color-wise, it's nice enough probably flattering on most skin tones if you can get past all the sparkle. I threw it out. I will never use it. I don't get all the hype.