Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

on 8/9/2005 12:40:00 AM

I'm so happy with this product! I've been through a ton of eyeliners in the past where I've been really dissapointed. Liquid liners can be harsh, and pencil liners are always smudging. This product lasts as long as a liquid liner but with a softer look. Loooove it!

update: not as fond of it as I used to be. It sometimes irritates my eyes and it dries up really really quickly.

on 8/7/2005 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

when i first got this, i didnt really like it. I was really tight on cash and couldnt afford the brush, so it was really hard to apply (i used a toothpick). but recently i had to get my makeup done for photos, and when i did i bought the ultra-fine eyeliner brush, since "purchase is appreciated". Ever since then, i have been in love with this eyeliner. it's great for everyday if you make a thin enough line, since the color isn't overly dramatic. it's so easy to be precise with it, and it goes on very evenly. I went swimming whhile wearing this eyeliner, and when i got out, it was still there perfectly in-tact. my HG eyeliner

on 8/5/2005 9:20:00 AM

This is a great option of eyeliner. Sepia is just great for olive skin tones. It does last for several hours, not as long as liquid eyeliner, but I prefer it sometimes because it provides a more natural, less severe look. It does tend to smear a bit in hot weather. One warning, you must have the right brush, either the BB one or a similar professional type, because it takes some time to master the application and if you make any mistakes, the gel is very difficult to remove and you might end up having to start all your make up over again.

on 7/26/2005 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice gel eyeliner within the first 6 months of using it. I wear eyeliner almost everyday and I find that it is very easy to spread initially. However, I find that, over time, the consistency clumps in the jar. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this. I store my makeup in a case, away from sunlight and heat. It makes it hard to spread over time.

on 7/7/2005 8:56:00 PM

This color is so beautiful, its a bit more dramatic than a pencil but it can be used for everyday and with almost any eyeshadow. Its so soft and natural looking and the color is a very beautiful brown. However, you should get Bobbi Brown's ultra fine brush for optimal application.

on 7/3/2005 9:29:00 PM

The beauty of Sepia ink is that it makes your eyes look so beautiful and always soft looking. Its such a perfect soft but deep brown that it can go with almost any color eyeshadow. It makes your eyes look soft yet dramatic at the same time. Its not like Black ink that sharpens your eyes right away. It's hard to explain but I think that those who own this product know what I'm talking about. You need to buy the brush though, they go hand in hand. This is one of the greatest inventions in the cosmetic industry, although I'm not quite sure why they refer to it as a "gel." What I most like about it is that its concept is very primitive - it's just a bunch of muddy gel stuffed into a small jar, unlike the perfectly pointed retractable liners. Anyway the jar it comes in is so pretty and elegant, I feel its something I can't be without now...

on 7/3/2005 4:47:00 PM

This is the third--gel eyeliner i have purchased from BB. This one is my favorite so far. Its a nice neutral brown--definitely not blackish like the expresso ink. I prefer this for my light green eyes. I really like applying it with the Paula Dorf Slanted Eyeliner brush for the thinnest line. Great product.

on 7/2/2005 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this eyeliner so much. It is a brown color, not brown-black. This stays put after a night of clubbing. It doesn't run, smudge, or fade. I use a brush I got from Michael's to apply this and it works fine, even though I've heard that the Bobbi Brown brush made for this is the best. I've had the tiny pot of this product for 1.5 years and it hasn't dried out on me yet. A little of this product definitely goes a long way. There's a ton of the product in the little jar, I know I will not run out for a long time!!

on 6/24/2005 4:32:00 PM

I love the consistency of it compared to the violet one, it last a long time and i wear brown most of the time. I love that it does not crease, and so versatile to wear you can do thin or thick liner, I also got the brush. This is a must have, I want to try the black, but debatin on black or granite.

on 6/12/2005 6:30:00 PM

A basic dark brown eye liner, nothing spectacular about the color but great staying power, pretty much stays all day on my oily lids. I have had mine for quite some time and it does dry out after a while, so I moistened it w/ lens solution and it seems to be fine, although a little flakier than it used to be. great product though.