July 25, 2014 | 1914 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by maggie4makeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I really like it. I got it in a dark-ish color (it's either forbidden or twilight, I really forgot). The colors looks great, and it stays on. The lip balm part proved to be useless, though; it fell off after 3 uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 8:41:00 AM More reviews by rosealexandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product, I have four different shades! However, the design of the balm is a complete fail - all of them had snapped off by the second or third time I'd used it, and it seems like this is a pretty common problem. It would be awesome if the balm could swivel down or was just a bit more sturdy as it snapped REALLY easily. Also, it tends to wear off quite quickly, particularly on the inside of your lips, and you can end up with the dreaded dark lip-liner, light lips effect. However, I do like this product and think that the colour range is lovely. I like that the colour is buildable and that you can choose to go for light colour, or for a lipstick-like look if you apply more.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SweetTalk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE these! they last way longer than the Covergirl ones, are true to color, and don't over-dry my lips. The balm it comes with is very, very hydrating!! The only negative, which is a big one, is that the cap on the balm side ALWAYS knocks my balm off or digs into it and messes it up. If they fixed the balm end, it would def. be a 5/5 product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Radmosaic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a relatively inexpensive lipstain, compared to say, Smashbox, and because Revlon has committed to no animal testing ( for a drugstore brand to do that is great! LOreal has not committed to that for example) ...this is a fun makeup. The lipstain itself ( I got the dark berry and the red I can not recall the names) goes on very inefficiently, I had to repaint over and over to get the color even and smooth, but then, once on, it looks pretty nice and melted onto the lips. The balm as others have said, is the absolute worst! BOTH of mine the balm just snapped off immediately. The balm does not swivel down, it just sticks out about an inch or so and is very soft and meltable. Too bad coz it is a nice texture and taste.
SO all in all, for a cheap stain, this is pretty good. But next time I am splurging on Smashbox....I am still in search of a good lipstain!
PS - I have a boyfriend who hates lipstick or gloss! And lipstick in many forms is my favorite makeup!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by PookieT

My mom and I both bought one of these yesterday. The lip balm sticks out about an inch and there is no way to twist it don into the stick to protect it. Needless to say I broke mine within 20 minutes. The entire balm was knocked off when I attempted to put the lid on it. Then my mom tried to open hers, and no lie, the entire product opened with the marker-ish cartridge flying out into my lap. It was hilarious. We both broke these on the first times we tried to use them and in different ways. I'm not hard on products and neither is she. We were simply using them the way they were mean tto be used, and they are garbage

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by christi4200

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product isn't great. In theory it is a great idea, the stain with the balm on the other end. Apparently I am certainly not alone with the balm end breaking after just a couple uses. And I am not rough on my lip balm lol. Because of that, I gave it a 1 for packaging. The stain end also dries out very quickly. Use your money for something else like Revlon matte lipstick!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by maradeguzman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love lipstains, because it does not give the thick, slightly sticky feeling I get from using lipsticks which I hate. So far this has been one of the better lipstains I have tried. Better than Covergirl Outlast definitely. The colors are pretty intense, but I find that it still looks pretty natural if applied properly. I love how it makes my lips look as if I just came from a wild make out session (or ate a bunch of cherries). It also lasts for a long time, tough I find that Maxfactor's lipfinity liptint lasts longer. The colors available are pretty cute too. It can be a bit drying on the lips though, which is why it was quite genius of Revlon to put a lipbalm on the other end of the product. The UNgenius thing about it is that the lipbalm end sucks. Me, my mom and my friend all had the same problem, the first time we used it it just totally broke. But aside from that I think that it is a good buy. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by xpeach_lollipopx

Ok, this product isn't for amatures or for those on the run. You have to spend time putting this product on your lips, because once it's on...it's not giving up. I've practiced and practiced with this and I still don't have a handle on it, so I end up with blotchy purplish/red lips, looking all crazy. That being said, it last like no other. I applied it last night, ended up with sporadic color every where, and then tried to scrub it off. Now, almost 24 hours later, there is still a noticable dark spot where I accidently applied the color the heaviest. So when it says stain, it really means stain. I may have to take some carpet cleaner to clear up this spot, haha.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by gailcarol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Its great for what it is...a drugstore lip stain. This isn't DIOR, ladies. This is a $7.99 lipstain. I got Flame which on me looks berry colored (was hoping it be more orange). Its fun to use and there aren't any surprises. I'll use it for a while then get bored and buy a new product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Qutie787

I HATE THIS! This product was terrible. If your lips are even the slightest bit chapped it will leave spots of color all over. It also dries out quickly, even with the lip balm. I agree with the lower review, it's like trying to color in your lips with a dried out marker. Terrible. I do not recommend this product.