Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo Hair Treatment

3.1

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

glycerin, olive fruit oil, oat kernel protein, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, lanolin, tocopherol, nettle leaf powder, rosemary powder, chlorophyll, fragrance

on 2/27/2006 10:37:00 PM

It's been quite a while since I tried this, but the terrible memory remains. I love the packaging, everything else sucks. It made my hair a nasty, oily, sticky ball. Would not come out in several shampoos. I have long frizzy hair and thought this was just the thing to repair dry ends. Back to the tub o' Queen Helene cholesterol for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I really thought this would help my very dry hair, but....It's just sticky and kind of useless. Hard to spread through hair; wet or dry. Also very hard to rinse out. It does smell reeeeaaalllly yummy though.

on 1/14/2006 10:07:00 PM

I wasn't that impressed. I left it on for like forty minutes in a shower cap so it could really do its job. I used like half the tube as well (my hair is quite long), but I felt like it didn't make that much difference. My hair just doesn't feel that silky or anything, and I didnt really like the texture when using it, it kind of disappeared into my hair didn't coat or feel creamy.

on 1/4/2006 11:05:00 PM

I received this as part of a sample gift pack. Gooey like molasses, no results. Goose egg.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got a small size of this in a sampler set and I am really not impressed. I used a good amount of this in my hair and i made my hair sticky and knotty. It smelled nice but did little else to improve the condition of my hair. I will not repurchase because it did absolutely nothing for me.

on 12/16/2005 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Oh my gosh, I love this stuff!! At first when you put it in your hair it feels like nothing is there, but I use my wide tooth brush through my wet hair in the shower with the conditioner in, and then I finish up my shower. Right after I brush it through I can feel the conditioner on my hair. Rinsing this is the last thing I do and when I blow dry my hair it is so soft and full and smells great! Give this a try and definitely follow the directions by using it before you shampoo. Give this a chance and follow the directions.

on 11/19/2005 1:08:00 PM

I love this stuff; I use it like a natural hot oil treatment. Make sure you use a fair amount (it's inexpensive enough) and really work it into your hair. If possible, let it sit there for a while; that is, apply it well before you step into the shower. Because it's so thick, it won't drip. My favorite way to use it is to slather it on before going out for a run in the summer. By the time I get back, it's really soaked into my hair and I figure the heat of the sun helps the process as well. It makes a great gift for runners along with some foot cream and sunscreen!

on 11/19/2005 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product and used it for years, but I'm writing this review mainly to let other fans of this product in on a secret..Burt's Bees Coconut Foot Creme works even better on my hair. At least when used as a leave-in, which is how I always used the Avocado Butter. I tried using it as a pre-shampoo treatment once and wasn't pleased with the results, and I'm sure it would be the same with the Coconut. But if your hair is like mine (long, naturally curly, tending towards dryness and frizz) it is the very best pomade (pea-sized amount). Seems odd to use a foot cream on hair, but read the ingredients: Vegetable glycerin, sunflower oil, oat kernel protein, lanolin, coconut oil, Vitamin E, peppermint oil, rosemary oil...all great for the hair!! It's even more effective for taming frizz than the Avocado, and smells even better...it has a coconutty suntan oil scent, with a touch of mint.

on 11/13/2005 12:01:00 PM

I like this stuff. (me: long naturally curly) First. of all it smells really, really good. The texture is no more difficult to manage than any thick pomade. Mostly i use it as such. But i also like to mix it with leave in treatments for extra richness and to help with bad-smelly ones.

on 11/1/2005 10:41:00 AM

I wanted to like this.. But it made my hair dry and a big knotted mess. Then it felt oily the entire day. I tried to shampoo it out, but I couldn't get it out.. I then tried conditioner to attempt and detangle the mess it created.. It was HORRIBLE.

Top Rated Burt's Bees Products