October 24, 2014 | 864 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have bra strap length, lightly layered medium-average hair. 2 of these holds my hair in a complete balerina bun ALL day. Regular bobby pins fall out within a few hours, but not these.

I ALWAYS rave about them to my friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ninjacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Love it! I took off one lippie though because my hair's UUBER thick, and I need like four in my hair.. haha :D
The price was pretty decent, I got it on sale for like 4 dollars :)
Total WINN. :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was holding back on buying these because I didn't think my hair was long enough. My hair is shoulder-length, layered, and I have A LOT of fine, slippery hair. I can barely make a bun because my hair is still about an inch too short to really tuck the ends in and my pony tail is very thick and springy. I gave these a try (no pony, just the spin pins) any way and as much as I wanted to poo-poo the spin pin, I can't. I am incredulous that two of these held my bun in place! Bear in mind my hair is still too short and these held it. Had I shellacked my hair with hairspray I could have gone out somewhere nice and the "do" would have held up all night. I consider the spin pins the equivalent of a hair clip/claw so therefore I don't object to the cost. Can't wait until the fall when my hair is a touch longer!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/21/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Spikesmom110

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the reviewer below, I have lots of very fine hair. It's dense, but each individual hair is fine. If this is the type of hair you have, these will not work. They spin through my hair and come out the other side. I've never left them in for long because they are visible, but my hair never felt secure. I know people with thicker hair have room to place two of these in, but I couldn't get a second to go through. I've read recently that they are coming out with shorter ones. Possibly because of people like me? I hope so, I'd love to have a version of these that will work for me.

I gave the packaging a 3. I wish there was an option to say that the packaging is n/a, because in this case it really is not applicable. I rated them a 2 for price because they were inexpensive, but not dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Paigey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My goodness these are simply amazing. I work in a job where my hair must be pulled away from my face, and these really do the trick.

I was at Target last night with my hair stylist looking for bobby pins and she pointed towards these and said they are way better.

Seriously, if your hair is long enough to put in a bun, get these.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Blingblingbaker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

amazing! so easy to use. I dont know how i got through the work week without them! I must say i do have very fine ling hair but this works perfect for me. Not sure how effective these would be on thicker hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have to give these a 1 until I figure out how to use them. If anyone using these sees my post and can send me a message about how to use them, I will gladly update my review! :)

I have 4 of the large ones and I have tried all methods from 1 by itself, to 2 together and all the way up to all 4 at once. My hair doesn't hold at all. It doesn't even secure them temporarily. I put them in, my hair comes unraveled and it's over just like that.

My hair is about 3 inches below my shoulders and very dense (not thick, as I have been told my individual hairs are "fine" but A LOT of them).

Someone please help me! Thank you, thank you! :)

EDIT 8/9/11: An MUAer was kind enough to send me a message with some suggestions. I like doing casual buns for work at the hospital and did this:
Pulled my hair back as if to do a pony, then wrapped it around itself into a little bun. I inserted the 1st spin pin at the "base" of the bun, where it sits against my head. I made sure to twist in a bit of the hair outside the bun along with about 1/2 thickness of the bun hair. This secured it to my head relatively well. Then I twisted a 2nd pin up from the bottom, this time not focusing on securing to my head but only to secure the "body" of the bun in place. This method worked and it held my bun in place for about 10 hours until I had to take it down and redo. I can see how these would be great for certain hair types, but I don't think I have ideal hair for them. They are OK, but like another reviewer said, nothing I can't do with a few bobby pins and an elastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by karinfhd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. I love how quick and easy they are to use. Anyone can use them even my 9 year old does and it looks good.Very cool to use and am very surprised at how well it holds my semi-short hair in a bun. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by betty4beauty

Been a fan of the spin pins for awhile now, great for someone with thick long wavy hair like mine. I havent anything bad to say except that the price is a little steep $7 bucks for just 2. I can use 2 for a casual style and up to 4 or 5 when i try something sexy or glamorous. i am infamous for buying all things beauty in large amounts but have been reluctant in this particular case until today. i am having trouble paying $3.50 for a pin, even though they are great. i already gave one away and lost at least 2. Well i saw an ad on tv for Twisty Pins, they look identical if not better b/c they are also giving away these diamond stud pins as well, anyhow, ordered 25 pcs for like $40. thought i'd share if anyone loves these pins but is choking on the price. Will keep y'all posted.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I adore these and think they are a MUST for anyone with long hair. I am a pony tail kind of chick..but that can definitely be a little boring. These make it SO easy to do any kind of bun you want. Not only that, with regular bobby pins I have to put my hair in a pony tail before I make the bun because my hair is SO heavy and I have to use a TON of pins...not with these. Just twist, pop in 2 of these and it'll hold all day!