Goody Spin Pin

4.4

on 7/30/2011 1:35:00 AM

OK I bought this product with a certain amount of skepticism. First, I have extremely thick hair which is half way down my back. If I place my hair in a ponytail and then twist it in a bun, I can then use two of the pins to secure my hair. I have to use about 3 bobby pins to catch to the stray bits, but once they are in place they don't come out; I can go running for 45 minutes and my bun stays firmly in place. If you have really thick long hair, this is almost impossible to conceive.

Well they do work like magic. After buying one package, I went out and bought 4 more, as I was worried they would be discontinued. Great product!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Hmm, weird little thing these are. I, again, excited to try new things, bought these when I saw all the positive reviews. Maybe I'm a klutz (it has been known to happen), but I couldn't get these in my hair. AT ALL! I have below shoulder length, thick relaxed, and I happen to have A LOT of. Granted these worked great for my Mami, who has a neck length bob, with thin relaxed hair.She loves them. But she couldn't get them in my hair either. They worked great when I parted my hair in two and made two low buns.They looked beautiful and it was simple. But for me, these don't work for one bun. Which is what I wanted them for. Still, I'll continue to buy them because while they didn't work for the creation of one bun, it has expanded my hairstyle ideas by allowing my two play with two.

on 7/28/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have bra strap length, lightly layered medium-average hair. 2 of these holds my hair in a complete balerina bun ALL day. Regular bobby pins fall out within a few hours, but not these.

I ALWAYS rave about them to my friends.

on 7/22/2011 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Love it! I took off one lippie though because my hair's UUBER thick, and I need like four in my hair.. haha :D
The price was pretty decent, I got it on sale for like 4 dollars :)
Total WINN. :D

on 7/22/2011 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was holding back on buying these because I didn't think my hair was long enough. My hair is shoulder-length, layered, and I have A LOT of fine, slippery hair. I can barely make a bun because my hair is still about an inch too short to really tuck the ends in and my pony tail is very thick and springy. I gave these a try (no pony, just the spin pins) any way and as much as I wanted to poo-poo the spin pin, I can't. I am incredulous that two of these held my bun in place! Bear in mind my hair is still too short and these held it. Had I shellacked my hair with hairspray I could have gone out somewhere nice and the "do" would have held up all night. I consider the spin pins the equivalent of a hair clip/claw so therefore I don't object to the cost. Can't wait until the fall when my hair is a touch longer!

on 7/21/2011 11:09:00 AM

Like the reviewer below, I have lots of very fine hair. It's dense, but each individual hair is fine. If this is the type of hair you have, these will not work. They spin through my hair and come out the other side. I've never left them in for long because they are visible, but my hair never felt secure. I know people with thicker hair have room to place two of these in, but I couldn't get a second to go through. I've read recently that they are coming out with shorter ones. Possibly because of people like me? I hope so, I'd love to have a version of these that will work for me.

I gave the packaging a 3. I wish there was an option to say that the packaging is n/a, because in this case it really is not applicable. I rated them a 2 for price because they were inexpensive, but not dirt cheap.

on 7/21/2011 10:28:00 AM

My goodness these are simply amazing. I work in a job where my hair must be pulled away from my face, and these really do the trick.

I was at Target last night with my hair stylist looking for bobby pins and she pointed towards these and said they are way better.

Seriously, if your hair is long enough to put in a bun, get these.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

amazing! so easy to use. I dont know how i got through the work week without them! I must say i do have very fine ling hair but this works perfect for me. Not sure how effective these would be on thicker hair.

on 7/15/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I have to give these a 1 until I figure out how to use them. If anyone using these sees my post and can send me a message about how to use them, I will gladly update my review! :)

I have 4 of the large ones and I have tried all methods from 1 by itself, to 2 together and all the way up to all 4 at once. My hair doesn't hold at all. It doesn't even secure them temporarily. I put them in, my hair comes unraveled and it's over just like that.

My hair is about 3 inches below my shoulders and very dense (not thick, as I have been told my individual hairs are "fine" but A LOT of them).

Someone please help me! Thank you, thank you! :)

EDIT 8/9/11: An MUAer was kind enough to send me a message with some suggestions. I like doing casual buns for work at the hospital and did this:
Pulled my hair back as if to do a pony, then wrapped it around itself into a little bun. I inserted the 1st spin pin at the "base" of the bun, where it sits against my head. I made sure to twist in a bit of the hair outside the bun along with about 1/2 thickness of the bun hair. This secured it to my head relatively well. Then I twisted a 2nd pin up from the bottom, this time not focusing on securing to my head but only to secure the "body" of the bun in place. This method worked and it held my bun in place for about 10 hours until I had to take it down and redo. I can see how these would be great for certain hair types, but I don't think I have ideal hair for them. They are OK, but like another reviewer said, nothing I can't do with a few bobby pins and an elastic.

on 7/15/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great product. I love how quick and easy they are to use. Anyone can use them even my 9 year old does and it looks good.Very cool to use and am very surprised at how well it holds my semi-short hair in a bun. Love!

Top Rated Goody Products