Goody Spin Pin

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Love these things! My hair is just short of shoulder length, with layers, so essentially not long enough to put up in a bun really, but these work for me. I hesitated, because of the length of my hair, but it was a great purchase in the end. These pins are the most secure way I've found to keep my hair up without (and probably also with) an elastic. The end result on my barely medium length hair is messy, but in a good way. I still need to pin the sides for a decent look, but that's just about the length of my hair, not the product. Unlike elastic or even most clips, these don't destroy the curl in my hair, either, as long as I put them after my hair is dry. Usually, if I put up my hair, it's a frizzy mess after I take it down, but not with spin pins.

Word of warning, the light color is pretty darn light. I decided in the end that light was still the better color match for my dark strawberry blonde hair, but it wasn't an obvious decision, unusually. They mostly don't show anyway, even with hair my length.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love these things! I have extremely thick, slightly wavy hair (when blow dried its straight). In the summer I'm always putting my hair up just to keep it off my neck and thus my temperature down. Usually that means destroying my hair by constantly using hair ties. Not anymore! This holds my hair up and keeps it there! Bobby pins never worked for me unless I used like, 50. Two of these and I'm good to go! Works when my hair is wet or dry. Definitely recommend :)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I had high hopes for the Spin Pin because I am constantly putting my fine, curly, slightly-longer-than-shoulder-length hair back in an effort to control and subdue it, but truthfully found it no more "magical" or better at keeping my hair up than a couple of bobby pins. I feel like it was a little "heavy" in my hair, causing me to keep reaching back and untwist and retwist it. Eventually, I lost one of the halves, which is typical for bobby pins but since this is more expensive than a package of those bummed me out....I can see how it would be a boon for THICK, straight or wavy hair that needs multiple pins to stay up, but alas--that is not mine, and so it is back to straight pins for me as they are more versatile (can be used in front, with rollers, etc.).

OK I bought this product with a certain amount of skepticism. First, I have extremely thick hair which is half way down my back. If I place my hair in a ponytail and then twist it in a bun, I can then use two of the pins to secure my hair. I have to use about 3 bobby pins to catch to the stray bits, but once they are in place they don't come out; I can go running for 45 minutes and my bun stays firmly in place. If you have really thick long hair, this is almost impossible to conceive.

Well they do work like magic. After buying one package, I went out and bought 4 more, as I was worried they would be discontinued. Great product!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

Hmm, weird little thing these are. I, again, excited to try new things, bought these when I saw all the positive reviews. Maybe I'm a klutz (it has been known to happen), but I couldn't get these in my hair. AT ALL! I have below shoulder length, thick relaxed, and I happen to have A LOT of. Granted these worked great for my Mami, who has a neck length bob, with thin relaxed hair.She loves them. But she couldn't get them in my hair either. They worked great when I parted my hair in two and made two low buns.They looked beautiful and it was simple. But for me, these don't work for one bun. Which is what I wanted them for. Still, I'll continue to buy them because while they didn't work for the creation of one bun, it has expanded my hairstyle ideas by allowing my two play with two.

I have bra strap length, lightly layered medium-average hair. 2 of these holds my hair in a complete balerina bun ALL day. Regular bobby pins fall out within a few hours, but not these.

I ALWAYS rave about them to my friends.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Love it! I took off one lippie though because my hair's UUBER thick, and I need like four in my hair.. haha :D
The price was pretty decent, I got it on sale for like 4 dollars :)
Total WINN. :D

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was holding back on buying these because I didn't think my hair was long enough. My hair is shoulder-length, layered, and I have A LOT of fine, slippery hair. I can barely make a bun because my hair is still about an inch too short to really tuck the ends in and my pony tail is very thick and springy. I gave these a try (no pony, just the spin pins) any way and as much as I wanted to poo-poo the spin pin, I can't. I am incredulous that two of these held my bun in place! Bear in mind my hair is still too short and these held it. Had I shellacked my hair with hairspray I could have gone out somewhere nice and the "do" would have held up all night. I consider the spin pins the equivalent of a hair clip/claw so therefore I don't object to the cost. Can't wait until the fall when my hair is a touch longer!

Like the reviewer below, I have lots of very fine hair. It's dense, but each individual hair is fine. If this is the type of hair you have, these will not work. They spin through my hair and come out the other side. I've never left them in for long because they are visible, but my hair never felt secure. I know people with thicker hair have room to place two of these in, but I couldn't get a second to go through. I've read recently that they are coming out with shorter ones. Possibly because of people like me? I hope so, I'd love to have a version of these that will work for me.

I gave the packaging a 3. I wish there was an option to say that the packaging is n/a, because in this case it really is not applicable. I rated them a 2 for price because they were inexpensive, but not dirt cheap.

My goodness these are simply amazing. I work in a job where my hair must be pulled away from my face, and these really do the trick.

I was at Target last night with my hair stylist looking for bobby pins and she pointed towards these and said they are way better.

Seriously, if your hair is long enough to put in a bun, get these.

Video Reviews & Tutorials