NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I personally think that this eye primer works the same as TFSI and UD. I see no difference in creasing after several hours. Dont waste your time on this product. To me my eye shadow continues to crease after few hrs. so I am gonna just buy the cheapest. I think its TFSI. anyway mine will still last another 1.5 yr min so I am returning the nars eye primer.

on 11/26/2013 5:21:00 AM

This product has such incredible staying power it must have been made by NASA.

First experience of this was when a NARS makeup artist made me up (TERRIBLY MIGHT I ADD). She used this on my eyelids before applying every shade of purple, grey, black, gold known to man (culimating in a puddley mess of YUCK). When I went back to work (yeah, she did this knowing I had to go back to work!) I literally scrubbed at my eyelids for ages to get the shadow off, but it wouldn't budge, even with the aid of water!

Had to use handcream in the end to remove it (no moisturiser to hand :(!) but despite my terrible NARS experience, this eye primer is absoloutely the best going. I am yet to buy but am definitely going to! I would totally reccommend.

on 11/24/2013 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

NC25 Chinese, the oiliest monolids the makeup industry has ever met.

Creasing by end of morning even on matte shadows. I bought a fresh tube at the recent Sephora VIB sale and been trying it w/ different shadows/finishes. I wanted to give this product another shake, since I tried it previously as a mini from a set 2 yrs ago. Still a fail.

Sticking w/ MUFE Eye Prime as my go-to in this price range.

on 11/18/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Really great product! My makeup lasts the whole day and eyeshadows appear brigther in colour with the primer on. I have very oily eyelids and found that this product never made my eyeshadows crease. I used to use the Urban Decay primer potion but that was not suitable for my oily skin as it would always crease.

on 11/16/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

This is the only eye primer I've found that works for my oily lids!

I mean, I must have been born with the oily eye gene, because this Nars primer still only works for me if I put a MAC paint pot immediately on top. But thankfully I finally found this solution!

Both products are really expensive, but really it's the only way I can wear eyeshadow without getting embarrassing white creases.

on 11/14/2013 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

At last - I have found my HG eye shadow & liner primer. I have tried them all - literally. From high-end to low-end, the well-known and the obscure: Urban Decay, Too Faced, Smashbox, Concrete Minerals, Tarte, Etude, Sephora, ELF, MUAC, just to name a few. None of them worked for me. Until now. Not only does my eye make-up actually stay on, it still looks great 15 hours later. Now when I wear make-up, I don't have to keep checking the mirror to pat away migrating or balled up remnants of shadow or bring an eyeliner pencil in my purse to retouch it. This is an amazing product, and I could not be more thrilled to have found it.

on 11/14/2013 11:25:00 AM

I absolutely adore NARS eye primer and is by far my holy grail! My eye shadow has never lasted so long. The consistency is smooth and goes on as such. A light layer provides the perfect base. It does not add colour to my lids but that's fine because I'm not looking for that. I have repurchased and will continue to do so because it is fabulous. If you have oily eye lids like me, this is a must try.

on 11/9/2013 3:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This primer DOES work (on me at least). I remember my eyeshadows lasting up to 15 hours with this (and then i removed my eye makeup so it could've lasted longer). But i have some issues with the formula aaand packaging (as usual with all NARS products).

Formula...if it makes eyeshadow last 15 hours, what's left to complain? I don't like the consistency of it. This is an eye product, meaning it will be distributed all over the delicate thin skin with fingers. It HAS to be more liquid than this! I have to thug and pull on the eye area every day with this primer. Not good in long term eh?

Second, ah yes, the packaging. I think NARS should redesign ALL of their packaging. It's way way worse than a regular drugstore brand. First off, this velvety texture they use on their products isn't useful at all; it gets dirty after a day of use. (especially the white parts) And the doe foot applicator? For an eye base? I wonder who came up with that idea :)

Formula should've been liquid and package should be just a simple tube (a black one with NARS logo). Although i love the staying power, i'll give other brands a go.

on 11/8/2013 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this because for some reason my UDPP (which I had trusted for years) decided to start creasing on me (it might have been faulty or otherwise sitting around too long before opened). The product is much more fluidy than UDPP, is white in the tube but dries completely clear in a matter of seconds.

The primer works wonderfully and my eyeshadow will stay crease-free for just under 12 hours on my very oily eyelids. It is really easy to apply (just a regular sponge applicator) with no-fuss packaging, and you can use it sparingly so I can imagine one tube lasting awhile. Simply pop a tiny bit on your eyelid with the applicator and blend out quickly with a finger.

Unfortunately this is very expensive if bought at the Australian RRP so I think it's only worth it if purchasing from overseas or online.

If you're looking for an alternative to the UDPP then this is definitely worth a try.

on 11/7/2013 12:46:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I just got this as a GWP from Sephora and used today, at first I thought it was too oily feeling, but I waited a minute and it seemed dry, So I applied my eye makeup and it went on smoothly. It seems to me that it immediately sets the shadow and you really can't blend the shadow out as it is already set. I do like it for the staying power. Only cons are the price and the fact I feel like I better get my shadow on correctly the first time otherwise you can't really correct any errors afterward. Not my HG ES primer, I still prefer my Two Faced one.

Top Rated NARS Products