August 27, 2014 | 1779 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder gives me a very natural look. It will not sit in your pores like a liquid foundation. It covers redness beautifully; it is magic. I use the Handi Brush, which is an amazing brush for application. It helps to use a spray to set the powder, I use both the Jane Iredale spray and also another herbal tonic. Both work great. The price is high but the powder lasts a bit longer than liquid foundation. The only slight issue I can comment on besides the high price is that during the winter, sometimes powder can be difficult to wear on dry skin. That, however, is a moisturizing problem, not related to the product. This is one of the best powder foundations on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this foundation. I prefer the Pressed Base because it it is easy to apply without creating a mess.

My skin is extremely oily and prone to breakouts and this foundation has a visible positive effect on my skin. It comes in a wide range of colors which made it easy for me to pick the perfect color for my skintone.

It is very important to use the Jane Iredale handi brush or the Jane Iredale flocked sponge to apply it. Other brushes just don�t have the same effect when it comes to coverage, blending and creating a natural effect.

I take one lippie of for the price since it's almost unaffordable when you are on a tight budget like me, but that doesn't stop me from buying it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by miraclemirror

i am sensitive to this product which I am not certain why..
I am letting go of this product. Interested can message me...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

ive bought this in a golden glow shade. first day trying it. i liked the coverage it gives me-it gives about light to medium coverage. it feels natural and light. the colour goes on really well and lasts all day specially with the handi brush. i get an oily T-zone by the end of they day i look very shiny, but with this powder its stopped that happening which im happy about! will keep using this...feels of great quality too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by doreenk

I am usually not a fan of powder/pressed powder foundation as I found that they are too dry for my dehydrated skin. They accentuate dry patches and look powdery. However, this product changes my mind. Thanks to my friend who recommended this to me. I use shade Natural. This is very light weight and comfortable to wear. I don’t feel/look like wearing anything yet it gives me a more even and radiant complexion for the whole day. I come back home after a day of work with my face still looking nice and fresh. The coverage is sheer to medium. I use this with Jane Iredale Handi brush which works wonders and set it with my facial spray. That seals the foundation perfectly on my skin. I must stress that a good brush is necessary to obtain a beautiful canvas. Before I got myself the Handi brush, I used it with my kabuki brush and it looked awful. The sponge that comes with the compact is good for a quick touch-up if necessary. I gently dab it on the areas that required attention i.e. T-Zone, then am good to go again. This is now my go-to foundation on days when I feel like not having too much on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by msroser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist recommended I try this as a product that would not exacerbate my recalcitrant acne. Yes, I am 46 and have both wrinkles AND acne. The joy!

I've been using it daily for about three months now. The powder goes on beautifully, covers well without having to cake it on, and stays on all day. There is some transfer to my phone, and to my horror, to the lapel of a colleague's suit when he gave me a hug.

To the credit of Jane Iredale, this product does not appear to have made me break out. I still get a cyst or to at that time of the month, but it seems unrelated to my use of this product.

My real negative on this is the slight sheen it imparts. I'm not a fan. I know some people like that, and if you do, this might be the perfect foundation for you. But I don't like it, and I wish I could get this kind of gentle, complete coverage without it.

I just saw photos of myself from an evening event, taken using flash, and my face appears to be glowing like I just disembarked from an alien space ship.

Not the pretty, polished look I was going for, to say the least.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by GStelz

WOW! I finally have my HG foundation. My skin is sensitive, acne-prone, and combination oil level. I've really used almost every brand of foundation out there: Bobbi Brown, Bare Minerals, Chanel, Lancome, Prescriptives, Smashbox, the usual list of suspects most of us go through.

I use PTR's Clini-Matte SPF 20 then use the JI Pure Pressed Base. Every time I go to apply this foundation I think to myself "I have no idea how this is going to even out my face". It just doesn't look like much when you're used to liquid. I use the Jane Iredale Flocked Sponge to buff this into my skin and it's like magic. If I have a blemish I use a concealer brush to work a bit of the foundation on to a spot and it's gone!

Jane recommends setting the foundation with one of her facial mists as this foundation is VERY matte; I use Mario Badescu's Aloe and Rosewater Facial Spray. This makes the foundation melt into my skin and gives me the most amazing air brushed look I've ever been able to achieve in my years of using make up. It's so light and breathable and looks like I just have perfect skin, not like I am wearing make up. Also, this make up definitely does not irritate my skin in any way. It's considered a "skin care make up" and I believe it. My skin is healthy and happy when I wash my face at night.

It's so reassuring to know I have this product in my arsenal. My husband keeps saying "your skin looks really good!" Considering he is not terribly observant and I typically have to prompt him with "how do I look?!" this is a big deal!

One last point: I've heard people complain about the price. It was $49 to purchase the foundation in the lovely metal case. Going forward, refills will cost me $40. I don't believe this is expensive for a foundation. If you're someone who usually buys foundation at the drugstore, then yes, this is more expensive. But against foundations that I would consider to be competitors it is priced very fairly. It's also a joy to use. Its metal compact is very travel friendly and it feels glamorous, in a mid 1900's movie star sort of way.

Tip: Find the product and have it applied before buying. Since the product is very matte, it might not be the right choice for dry skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation for several reasons, nice natural SPF 20, this will not clog pores, cause acne or irritation. The product is perfect for you if you break out easy. I took off 1 lippie because I have very oily skin and this does not control oil as well as EL double wear light. If it controled oil better and cost less it would be PERFECT, it does not cause me to get oily ( that happens on its own) it just doesnt control it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by theinflightradio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far my HG powder!!! I switched to it in the summertime by recommendation from my dermatologist, and by the time school rolled around, friends were literally complimenting me by the droves in how awesome my skin looked now. And I owe so much of it to this product! The only thing is I wish it weren't so expensive... I tend to run through them pretty quickly so it's hurting my account, no doubt. Still, I will use it until a comparable and cheaper alternative pops up... But with the quality that this powder provides, I'm not sure a cheaper option is really viable. Highly recommend this for anyone with acne-prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by mikiraa

This is a great product. After spending tons of $$$ trying out foundations from LM, Lancome, NARS, Dior, and MUFE, I have to say that this is my HG for daily use and go-to foundation. Not that I don't love my other foundations - it's just that this one is IMO the most reliable one. I've been using this foundation for about 8 months on a daily basis (or at least whenever I wear foundation, which is on average 5 days/week) and I've only needed to repurchase once. For reference I am a MAC NC20-25 (leaning slight more towards the NC20 side, especially during the winter) and I wear Warm Silk, although I could probably go a shade darker.

The foundation comes in a heavy, elegant gold compact with a mirror. On the bottom of the gold compact there is a little pinhole which you can poke a paperclip through to push out the removable foundation compact, so that when the foundation runs out, you can just buy the refill and pop it back in. The compact definitely feels sturdy but is a little on the heavy side.

For me, this provides light to medium coverage. I believe this is slightly buildable but too much could cause this to look cakey. However, when I apply this to my preferred medium coverage, this never looks cakey or overdone. It looks very natural on the skin, and has a matte finish. I apply this over moisturized skin, using a kabuki to swipe it on (I don't swirl this on my face like other mineral foundations). It feels and wears weightlessly - I never think that I'm wearing foundation. I usually dab a little bit of my MUFE Full Cover concealer on my trouble spots after I've applied the foundation, dust a little bit of whatever sheer finishing powder I have on hand, spray a bit of MAC Fix+ and voila - flawless, natural looking face all day. The finishing spray helps to keep it from looking too matte (if you don't like that look). I have worn it without the spray and it wears just as long.

It wears perfectly all day - from when I put it on at 6:30 AM to 10 PM when I finally come home. I usually have training for the sports team I play for after school, and this even stays perfect looking through those 4 hour long sessions. More than once I've had someone come up to me and ask me, "how does your makeup stay so perfect and not melt off after all that exercise?" This is the secret!

I have dry skin in the winter (normal during the summer) and this doesn't dry out my skin at all. I haven't had any breakouts due to this product either. This product might actually have helped to improve my skin a bit! I feel that after I started using this foundation (along with an improved skincare routine) my acne scars are fading, and my skin tone is more even.

My only gripe is that in Canada, this foundation is freaking expensive - especially on a college student's budget! I believe retail it costs $59 for the gold compact and foundation, not including tax. Refills are $47. However, I will continue to purchase since this is the only foundation I've found that lasts so long through the toughest things imaginable. I don't believe I'll ever find something else as good as this!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No