April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this foundation for several reasons, nice natural SPF 20, this will not clog pores, cause acne or irritation. The product is perfect for you if you break out easy. I took off 1 lippie because I have very oily skin and this does not control oil as well as EL double wear light. If it controled oil better and cost less it would be PERFECT, it does not cause me to get oily ( that happens on its own) it just doesnt control it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by theinflightradio

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far my HG powder!!! I switched to it in the summertime by recommendation from my dermatologist, and by the time school rolled around, friends were literally complimenting me by the droves in how awesome my skin looked now. And I owe so much of it to this product! The only thing is I wish it weren't so expensive... I tend to run through them pretty quickly so it's hurting my account, no doubt. Still, I will use it until a comparable and cheaper alternative pops up... But with the quality that this powder provides, I'm not sure a cheaper option is really viable. Highly recommend this for anyone with acne-prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by mikiraa

This is a great product. After spending tons of $$$ trying out foundations from LM, Lancome, NARS, Dior, and MUFE, I have to say that this is my HG for daily use and go-to foundation. Not that I don't love my other foundations - it's just that this one is IMO the most reliable one. I've been using this foundation for about 8 months on a daily basis (or at least whenever I wear foundation, which is on average 5 days/week) and I've only needed to repurchase once. For reference I am a MAC NC20-25 (leaning slight more towards the NC20 side, especially during the winter) and I wear Warm Silk, although I could probably go a shade darker.

The foundation comes in a heavy, elegant gold compact with a mirror. On the bottom of the gold compact there is a little pinhole which you can poke a paperclip through to push out the removable foundation compact, so that when the foundation runs out, you can just buy the refill and pop it back in. The compact definitely feels sturdy but is a little on the heavy side.

For me, this provides light to medium coverage. I believe this is slightly buildable but too much could cause this to look cakey. However, when I apply this to my preferred medium coverage, this never looks cakey or overdone. It looks very natural on the skin, and has a matte finish. I apply this over moisturized skin, using a kabuki to swipe it on (I don't swirl this on my face like other mineral foundations). It feels and wears weightlessly - I never think that I'm wearing foundation. I usually dab a little bit of my MUFE Full Cover concealer on my trouble spots after I've applied the foundation, dust a little bit of whatever sheer finishing powder I have on hand, spray a bit of MAC Fix+ and voila - flawless, natural looking face all day. The finishing spray helps to keep it from looking too matte (if you don't like that look). I have worn it without the spray and it wears just as long.

It wears perfectly all day - from when I put it on at 6:30 AM to 10 PM when I finally come home. I usually have training for the sports team I play for after school, and this even stays perfect looking through those 4 hour long sessions. More than once I've had someone come up to me and ask me, "how does your makeup stay so perfect and not melt off after all that exercise?" This is the secret!

I have dry skin in the winter (normal during the summer) and this doesn't dry out my skin at all. I haven't had any breakouts due to this product either. This product might actually have helped to improve my skin a bit! I feel that after I started using this foundation (along with an improved skincare routine) my acne scars are fading, and my skin tone is more even.

My only gripe is that in Canada, this foundation is freaking expensive - especially on a college student's budget! I believe retail it costs $59 for the gold compact and foundation, not including tax. Refills are $47. However, I will continue to purchase since this is the only foundation I've found that lasts so long through the toughest things imaginable. I don't believe I'll ever find something else as good as this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Eden24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had bad acne when I was younger, and I did a round of Accutane which completely cleared it (yay!). Afterward, I had beautiful skin but was terrified of using any products on it, because I really believe overuse of products is what contributed to my acne in the first place. After tentatively trying out a few foundations with no success (Bobbi Brown, Clinique, etc.), I tried Jane Iredale. It is perfect for my skin, absolutely does not cause clogged pores, and seems to actually improve my skin tone some of the time. I have fair skin and I use the color Warm Silk, and it's a perfect match. The only thing I'll say is that the coverage is pretty sheer, as most powders are, so it's really only good if you're looking for a light coverage to even out skin tone and look "finished". I use a light moisturizer underneath it (a must) and if I'm not being lazy, I use a face mist to look dewy.

Overall, this is a must-have for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Deadhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a suggestion from my aesthetician, I have been using Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base going on four years now. It's definitely my HG. I love the heavy compact, which is refillable. I have never had a compact break, nor have I had the powder itself shatter (even though I've dropped it dozens and dozens of times).

The makeup itself has adjustable coverage. You MUST use a moisturizer or something underneath this to make it look natural. If you put this makeup on unprepared skin, it will look just like powder sitting on your face.

I apply mine with a kabuki brush from the Body Shop. I've also had great success using the Jane Iredale flocked sponge (which is washable). The little sponge that comes with the compact is fine, but I feel like it wastes product because it cannot spread the powder as far. I can achieve nearly perfect skin when using the kabuki brush. I also use this under my eyes with the BE concealer brush... I like that look much better than cream or liquid concealer. This also covers any redness or pimples.

The makeup stays on all day, in my opinion. However, I have just moved to a more humid climate and am considering a finishing powder to cut down on my midday shine. Also, one makeup refill will last a lonnnnnnng time, at least several months with daily use.

For what it's worth, I've also used Youngblood and BE mineral powders, but this one gives me more natural results and most importantly for me, it doesn't break me out at all. I'm extremely acne prone. I'm not someone who searches endlessly for the perfect foundation. I have used this for years and am happy with it.

I will buy this time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by pwm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the pure pressed base makeup! I have searched for a new foundation now that I am in my sixties ,that would hide age spots, not emphasize wrinkles, be good for my skin,non drying, and give me a flawless look. Jane Iredale is the best I have used that does just about all of these ( also is good for my skin!).I love applying it with brushes so that I don't pull or tug at my skin. Her brushes are great! I have normal, fair skin, with several age spots. I use Dream Tint on a brush sprayed with Pommisst as a primer for my face, then light Circle Delete under my eyes and on discolorations ( works better than numerous concealers I have tried), lid primer in Lemon,light beige PPB all over the face,then ivory PPB under eyes for added concealing and brightening of eye area( a tip from a sales person here),then Beyond Matte HD matifying powder on nose and chin and lower cheeks for added coverage-LOVE this product! Add Barely Rose blush and Pink Biss eye shadows,liner, lip plumper and Pure Gloss in Cherry Sparkle....:) I love the fact that these don't contain dyes,chemical preservatives,fillers, and synthetic fragrances, and have sunscreen too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by anung19girl

My mom has rosacea so her skin is has red blotches. I also have red blotches, but not as bad. We both use it and love it! It blends in perfectly and totally covers the blotchiness but still lets some of the color through so it looks like I'm wearing blush. It looks a little lighter in the compact than it does when it goes on the skin. I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 3:18:00 AM More reviews by sweetiegracie

interesting to see that this product has a lot of negative reviews here. i have used MANY foundations, powders, bases before and this one is one of the best i've used. great coverage, but feels like nothing on my face. plus the color matches my skin perfectly (warm sienna) and wear surprisingly well in the summer, even though i sweat a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lalovelyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must say TERRIBLE product! No I will never purchase again! This makeup did nothing for my hyperpigmentation& acne it made it look worse. I blended and blended but this is the worst foundation I have ever tried. I am very dissapointed with this product, it was recommened to my from a girl who uses it. It also irritated my skin and gave me irritation that took a month to clear up. The powder is not "silky", it is CHALKY, does not look natural, and could not be exchanged or returned. A complete waste of fifty dollars.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Nathalina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this product, i love the idea of a pressed mineral foundation. But this didnt work for me at all. The coverage is very light and it looks very powdery and matte. I found a good color for my light and warm toned skin but the color runs darker during the day. Booo!