Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 5/18/2013 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

***2/2014 UPDATE: I have actually come to really appreciate this product. So much so that I felt it was only fair that I update my original (pretty dismal) review and to increase the "lippies" that I feel it deserves from 2 to 4. I still find that it does not offer enough coverage to completely conceal my super-duper circles but I realized that nothing really does unless it's super-thick, super-dry & super-obvious under my eyes. The Garnier A-DCER doesn't dry-up and cake under the eyes, offers realistic coverage and is very affordable. I'm still not loving the roller-ball but it does make it easy to apply if I'm in a rush. The staying power isn't great but it's easy to reapply and no matter how many layers I add, it doesn't cake. **I've discovered that A-DCER makes for a great sheer TM/ light foundation also. For days when I want light coverage I "roll" this onto my temples, cheeks, under eyes and down nose and then blend it all over w/ a foundation brush. I usually have to dab a heavier concealer under eyes but final look is very natural. I have sensitive, break-out prone skin & this does not irritate my skin or cause acne.** Not HG for me but I now can understand why so many reviewers love this stuff!***

5/2013-ORIGINAL REVIEW: For me, this doesn't really qualify as a concealer. "Coverage" is way too sheer. I think those that love this product probably don't have much to conceal under their eyes because this does not offer much coverage. I don't care for the roller-ball applicator either. To get around it, I either rolled the product onto my finger or onto a concealer brush. For me, this doesn't cover nearly enough (I have dark, bluish-purple u/e circles). I gave it 2 lippies (instead of only 1) because it's not a horrible product & the formula is light & goes on smoothly. I think it may work well for those that just want to brighten under their eyes but don't have much to cover in terms of circles.

on 5/17/2013 7:33:00 PM

This product is a HG. I use this almost everyday. I apply it not only on my undereye, but I also apply it where I would normally highlight my face (forehead, down bridge of nose, chin). I started off using my fingers to blend, but recently found a better way of blending using the tip of my beauty blender. I usually add concealer to my under eye right on top of this product and blend together. BEAUTIFUL! My only con is that it is pricey for a drugstore product, but well worth it.

on 5/17/2013 7:16:00 PM

I don't want to live my life without this concealer. I love the roller ball (making application simple and precise) and I love how it makes me look awake. I roll this under my eyes then just pat with my fingers to blend. It isn't full coverage, I still see a slight trace of dark circles..but it's definitely medium coverage. The convenience of being able to keep it in my purse for touch ups and the way it "wakes me up" is why makes this a winner for me. Also, the formula is not too creamy or thick (which I hate in concealers, they always crease) the formula is light and blendable and dries quickly. Will continue to repurchase.

on 4/29/2013 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't absolutely love this product but I do like enough to where I wear it almost everyday with adequate results. I wouldn't call it a treatment but more a very sheer ere concealer. I"m only 21 but I have hereditary under eye circles and I was surprise the amount over coverage it gave me. While it didn't completely cover my dark circles it did make them noticeably light to the point where it look like a had naturally minimal dark circle. If you have deep, heavy under eye circles, this may not be the product for you.

on 4/29/2013 2:09:00 AM

I am glad that one of the two shades of this concealer fits my skin tone. It does cover my under eye circles and makes me look awake and natural. But wearing it the whole day, it comes off. In the middle of the day, my little brothers would point out my under eye circles and I hate it. Also the this product leaks and goes everywhere in my makeup bag. When it leaks I didn't want to wipe it off because then I'll just waste the product AND the money I've spent :(

on 4/14/2013 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product are for light to medium skinned people. It does colour correct but will not cover severe bags or pimples. So this product was great for day time makeup where you would want a light-weight makeup look, also this product blends very well so it's great for makeup beginners who aren't willing to really use concealers yet and for young teens. It has light coverage, poor-ok lasting power but it is a cheap product and doesn't cake!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Pros:

- It's cheap! probably my cheapest skin-related product i own!
- Good packaging, the eye roll-on ensures only enough comes out
- Lasts FOREVER!!! you get alot from this product!
- Great light-weight coverage, perfect if you do not want that "caked" look and its good for everyday or summer use

Cons:

- I don't really see it doing much for my actual eye-bags but don't expect it to for that price tbh

Overall, fantastic product!

on 3/29/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is amazing for days when you want a simple, easy face. It blends in quickly and you don't need a brush to get that nice, fresh look. The roller ball is nice and cool to the touch although it sometimes leaks. The color is sheer but it covers light circles or just mostly covers darker ones. It brightens your eyes because of the lighter color. I really like it plus there is a lot of product in the packaging, Good product.

on 3/24/2013 12:58:00 PM

*** FYI: The skin around your eyes is thinner than the rest of the face, and unfortunately, some very important blood vessels runs in that area that carries oxygen back and forth to the brain. Some people's blood vessels are very clear, and in others they are invisible. No eye cream can make your skin thicker.
Your dark circles may be hereditary. If you've had them since you were a kid, there's probably not much to do about them - so instead of spending a lot of time trying to make them disappear, you'd better practice to cover them best possible. ***

I have rather dark/blueish circles underneath my eyes, mainly in the mornings (it gets better during the day). The shade 'light' is a tiny bit to dark for me, but it turns orange (or at least darker and unnatural looking) during the day, which is what annoys me the most! The coverage is okay, but I wouldn't say it completely covers up my dark circles, but it feels refreshing and cooling when putting it on.

I wouldn't by this again because it turns orange and I expected some more coverage!

on 3/23/2013 12:56:00 PM

I really wanted to like this - loved the applicator and the cooling sensation under my eyes, loved the silky texture that melted into my skin instantly, and loved the price point. But I had too many problems to continue using it.

First, it didn't really help with the puffiness - on days I would be at home, I applied to only one eye and comparison checked throughout the day. No difference. If anything, the brightening effect kind of highlighted the puffiness, even when applied just underneath.

Secondly, it creased instantly, despite multiple day-long attempts at making it work. With/without moisturizer, with/without powder finishing, dabbed on, brushed on, buffed on. And I only have one small fold under my eye, so there's not a bunch of lines for it to find - but I'd be left with a big beige line 30 mins after application.