October 23, 2014 | 1073 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by ynnej

I've been using this foundation for a year and a half. I've tried to convince myself that it's a good foundation, but the reality is that it really is not. After discovering a better foundation, I have tossed away what's left of my bottle.

In terms of coverage I would classify it as medium. I think the reason why I continued using it for so long was because it feels relatively weightless on my skin, and isn't thick/heavy, but gave me the coverage I needed.

However, in spite of its coverage - this foundation does not give you an even skin tone. It is very noticeable when wearing it; you can see the foundation sitting on my skin, no matter how well I blend it and how well I moisturize/prime my skin before use. I found that it emphasized any blemishes or any slightly dry patches of skin I would have. It sat on top of any black heads I had, drawing attention to them as well.

I have combination skin - usually oily in the summer and can get dry in some parts as the weather gets colder. This makeup did nothing for my skin type. Rather, the foundation oxidizes terribly throughout the day, and it's staying power is horrendous. After applying this makeup in the morning, by lunch time my face looked like an oil slick (my skin is not even that greasy!). By the afternoon it had oxidized, and changed to a darker/orangey shade. By evening my skin just looked awful.

Finally, it does not come in a good selection of colours. The ladies at the counter have tried to match me with almost every one of their shades in my range of colours, and nothing suits my skin, which emphasized the fact that I'm wearing foundation.

I'm also not sure why it is advertised as an "acne solutions" foundation. It did absolutely nothing to prevent or help clear up the occasional breakouts that I get. I have discovered a fantastic foundation by Nars which gives my skin a lovely glow, looks completely natural and lasts all day. Ciao Clinique..your foundation is going in the trash!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by zoolosophy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a love-hate foundation for me. If i apply this allover my face it might look dry on some spots and make them pop as I have combo skin. But in case of a breakout this works miracles as it dries zits very very fast, I supose its because it has alcohol in it. I find the coverage decent and its buildable, the colour isn't an exact match but it adjusts to my skin and its ok.For someone who suffers from acne or has very oily skin I think it would be grate.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:08:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation hoping that it would even out my skin tone and not aggravate my skin because I do have acne prone skin, however I do not have any active acne; that is until I used this. I used this for two days in a row and I am left with 4 pimples. And they aren't small little ones, they are red and inflamed and very painful. Which is really unfortunate. However there are other things I did not like about it.
1) coverage was not all that great, it was sheer coverage.
2) didn't hold up on my oily skin for more than 1 hour.
3) oxidized throughout the day to a much darker color.
4) emphasized any flakes that were not noticeable before.
5) my skin felt parched during the day, yet an oil slick, so it dehydrated my skin making my skin overcompensate with more even more oil. not a good combo.
So I am going to pass on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by vanglana

I am very impressed with this product :) I started off with a sample and eventually grew in love with this foundation! I do have acne here and there and this foundation covers so WELL! It's not like the any drugstore foundation where it feels super heavy, sticky or creamy on the face! It's actually has a soft finish to it and is semi matte and I swear, it covers acne extremely well for my skin! I barely have to use concealer because this foundation does such a great job at concealing! As far as the acne part, I haven't notice any change with improving or controlling my acne, but since I am very satisfied with this foundation on its coverage, I WILL BE REPURCHASING IT :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by alg2106

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started breaking out recently and this is helping to speed up heaing for the tiny pimples I've been getting (I used to get cystic acne in my teens) a lot! I am on antibiotics right now to help clear up my acne for a few months, and so using this just straight on my skin dries it out a lot, but putting it over sunblock works wel. Produces an even skin tone and blends easier with hands than a brush. I would buy again if I needed to cover up my acne in a way that will look natural and treat it in lieu of a concealer since the variety of shades allows for a more natural look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was surprised to find that this foundation had a moisturizing, almost oily finish since it's targeted for people with acne. My skin is already oily so this foundation didn't work for me. The color was too orange for me. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:05:00 PM More reviews by TrueTatiana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have up to 5 different foundations on rotation at any given time. Two of them are there on a permanent basis (LM and this bad boy). I do have very acne-prone skin and happy to say that for the couple years I've used this foundation I have never had a problem. I like the finish, the coverage ( some days I need a lot), the color match as well as the price. However, I'd be careful with it during winter months where it can dry up even oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Melabell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation and can't believe it took me so long to purchase it. I think it had to do with trying their skin care line which ended up being a big waste of money. I had written Clinique off for that as well as a couple of other things I had tried.

But this foundation! It goes on smoothly and covers my redness with ease! I am also perplexed at how well this works on my mostly oil, sometimes combination skin type. I do use a concealer on spots on occasion, but for the most part I can just use this foundation and I am good to go! I never leave my house without wearing something because I have such terrible skin (active acne, scarring, discoloration, rough texture in some areas), so this has been all I've reached for in the past 2 months of using it every day. I'm not out yet, but I can tell I am nearing the end. Anyway, I have used TONS of different foundations, from Revlon, Tarte, Stila, Neutrogrena, Physician's Formula, to Nars and more. I can't even remember them all, but there are a TON, let me tell ya! And NONE have compared to this. It is also so light-weight, I really can't tell it's there. I highly recommend this to anybody who has acne problems. My skin hasn't looked this good in a very, very long time (about 10 years and I am 25).

I am so happy with this. I won't be without!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cheycalouro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely swear by this product. I've had it for over a year and I am just now nearing the end of the bottle and I definitely intend to pick up another. This is the only foundation that does not break me out. It gives my skin a flawless look that I've received several compliments on (and believe me, my bare skin isn't great). Definitely recommend it for anyone who struggles with acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by tammy859

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG!!! I do not mind spending money on foundation because I hate my oily sometimes acne skin so every time I run out of this Ill trysomething else to see if I can get better(estee lauder double wear, MAC,lancome,chanel,MUFE) I hate them all I always come back to this foundaiton I just love it, its the best for me, If it was 70 dollars I would buy it, great coverage, maintains acne,matte..just awesome.