MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

on 4/25/2005 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I keep forgetting MAC lipglasses aren't like their eye shadows- For the most part, what you see is what you get. I picked up Lovechild assuming it would actually be lighter on, like more of a mauve shade, but it's definitely plummy like the other reviewers described. Don't get me wrong, this is a gorgeous shade. This plum gloss is rich with gold shimmer and isn't too dark for daytime wear or warm weather. Though it's not something I'd regularly purchase (I probably wouldn't repurchase, personally) it's a very flattering shade for my skintone, but just a tad darker than I'm comforable with. Same great, long wearing lipglass formula though! I give it 4 lipsticks!

on 4/3/2005 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

MAC Lovechild Lipglass is a light to medium neutral plummy mauve with a tiny bit of brown & shimmer on my medium olive-y complexion. This is a shade that I think would work for many skintones; it shows up a bit darker on fair-skinned girlies (but not *too* dark) and looks more natural with just enough "oomph" to keep it far away from being boring on medium/dark complexions. Complete with the calming MAC-vanilla scent that is never overpowering to me. I don't wear this every day, but I do get definite use out of it; I just prefer something a little less pink for every day (my lips are very pink and I like to town them down with brown/pinks and peachy nudes). I will repurchase this when I run out.

on 3/31/2005 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the first Lipglass that I purchased, and I love it (I've since gotten many more).

I'm a MMM, and this is a fantastic color day or night. It's a light/medium mauve-pink with great shimmer. I have red tones in my skin, and this is very flattering.

Works great with a lighter liner for day, and darker for night.

on 3/25/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Lovechild is gorgeous! It's not at all plummy to me, it's more of mauve pink with tons of copper shimmer! Such a beautiful color, and this is the perfect "purpley" color for those of us that look like hell in purples! Absolutely beautiful!

(NW15-20 FFF, green eyes, dark blonde hair for reference.)

on 3/23/2005 1:15:00 PM

This is my very first lipglass ever! It's hard to believe because I've been a makeup addict for so long, but I'm totally a lipglass convert now. I really like this color for an everyday light-pinky-plummy look. What I love best about this is that it lasts for so long and is very moisturizing. I can't wait to go get more colors!

on 3/10/2005 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great everyday color for me, nice and plummy but not too dark for my pale complexion. Both my mom and I love it, which is rare!

on 3/7/2005 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I THOUGHT I would love this l/g, but it turned out too dark on me (NC30). I also have fairly pouty lips and I think the dark color just accentuated their size. It's surprising because a MA used it on me at a Mac store and I really liked it but didn't have the $$$ to get it at the time. So several months later I go back and purchase it and it turns out darker and less flattering than I remembered. Oh well, back to the store it went.

on 3/6/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I usually wear very pale l/g (like Prrr, Underage, Florabundance) but I tried this and love it, surprisingly. Its a medium plum with gorgeous gold shimmer. I have to say, this really makes my lips look great. And another good thing, when it wears off, it leaves a gorgeous stain on my lips too. Total winner!

on 2/23/2005 6:46:00 PM

I love MAC lipglass. But, I don't love this. I use it with Whirl lipliner and well....I just look dead. I have very pigmented lips for a rather fair person so I have trouble with colors looking overly light on me. This is it's only problem. I am sure if it isn't paler than your lips, it would be great.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Another great l/g from MAC! (RIS from a great swapper!) Lovechild is very similar to VGV on me, but it is a bit more plum and a tad darker. Goes great with my NW15 coloring & light auburn hair. Will definitely repurchase.

Popular Lip Glosses