MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

on 4/3/2005 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

MAC Lovechild Lipglass is a light to medium neutral plummy mauve with a tiny bit of brown & shimmer on my medium olive-y complexion. This is a shade that I think would work for many skintones; it shows up a bit darker on fair-skinned girlies (but not *too* dark) and looks more natural with just enough "oomph" to keep it far away from being boring on medium/dark complexions. Complete with the calming MAC-vanilla scent that is never overpowering to me. I don't wear this every day, but I do get definite use out of it; I just prefer something a little less pink for every day (my lips are very pink and I like to town them down with brown/pinks and peachy nudes). I will repurchase this when I run out.

on 3/31/2005 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was the first Lipglass that I purchased, and I love it (I've since gotten many more).

I'm a MMM, and this is a fantastic color day or night. It's a light/medium mauve-pink with great shimmer. I have red tones in my skin, and this is very flattering.

Works great with a lighter liner for day, and darker for night.

on 3/25/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Lovechild is gorgeous! It's not at all plummy to me, it's more of mauve pink with tons of copper shimmer! Such a beautiful color, and this is the perfect "purpley" color for those of us that look like hell in purples! Absolutely beautiful!

(NW15-20 FFF, green eyes, dark blonde hair for reference.)

on 3/23/2005 1:15:00 PM

This is my very first lipglass ever! It's hard to believe because I've been a makeup addict for so long, but I'm totally a lipglass convert now. I really like this color for an everyday light-pinky-plummy look. What I love best about this is that it lasts for so long and is very moisturizing. I can't wait to go get more colors!

on 3/10/2005 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a great everyday color for me, nice and plummy but not too dark for my pale complexion. Both my mom and I love it, which is rare!

on 3/7/2005 12:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I THOUGHT I would love this l/g, but it turned out too dark on me (NC30). I also have fairly pouty lips and I think the dark color just accentuated their size. It's surprising because a MA used it on me at a Mac store and I really liked it but didn't have the $$$ to get it at the time. So several months later I go back and purchase it and it turns out darker and less flattering than I remembered. Oh well, back to the store it went.

on 3/6/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I usually wear very pale l/g (like Prrr, Underage, Florabundance) but I tried this and love it, surprisingly. Its a medium plum with gorgeous gold shimmer. I have to say, this really makes my lips look great. And another good thing, when it wears off, it leaves a gorgeous stain on my lips too. Total winner!

on 2/23/2005 6:46:00 PM

I love MAC lipglass. But, I don't love this. I use it with Whirl lipliner and well....I just look dead. I have very pigmented lips for a rather fair person so I have trouble with colors looking overly light on me. This is it's only problem. I am sure if it isn't paler than your lips, it would be great.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Another great l/g from MAC! (RIS from a great swapper!) Lovechild is very similar to VGV on me, but it is a bit more plum and a tad darker. Goes great with my NW15 coloring & light auburn hair. Will definitely repurchase.

on 2/5/2005 11:12:00 AM

If you could only afford to buy two shades of Lip Gloss, I recommend buying Lovechild and Oh Baby.

Lovechild is a gorgeous color!

Recommended for Medium Skin