August 1, 2014 | 938 users online

Crème - MAC - Mineralize Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by alexisemilychin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I love this foundation.
My skin is technically combination, but I definitely am more concerned with my dry skin because of how horrible it looks under most foundations. This foundation is moisturizing, medium-coverage, and great. (for the quick version)

I was a little skeptical about this at first, because I was told it was $40, but then I found out it was $35, which softened me, then when the MAC MUA put it on me, I was sold. It feels like moisturizer, which I love. I can feel it on my skin, but it feels comfortable and soft so I actually prefer that I can feel it. Then it looks flawless as well, which is even better!

Most reviews I'd seen on YouTube said to use a 190 or a 187, both of which I have, and don't like with this foundation. After feeling like it wasn't blending in with my skin and looked streaky, I went to my favourite makeup tool, cosmetic sponges. I used the one in the compact because it was right there, but I have every intention of replacing it when I need to. But with a sponge, it really looks flawless and airbrushed. AND it doesn't catch onto any dry patches on your skin, which is a HUGE plus for me, because that's the reason I don't wear most of my other foundations.

I don't feel the need to set this with a powder, but I would recommend MUFE HD powder, instead of a coloured powder or less fine powder, because it helps to retain the beautiful dewy finish it has.

The coverage is medium, but it can go anyway, depending on how you apply it, it's enough to cover redness and anything minor, but my undereye circles still need a little attention even with this on.

The colours run VERY dark with this foundation so GET COLOUR MATCHED. I am an NC37-40, and actually wear an NC30 in this foundation, given, it is a tad light, but I still don't think I could go darker than NC35 with this.

The packaging is nice and convenient, I took it with me travelling this weekend, and was good, especially because of the sponge compartment and the mirror.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by bumos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

my first mac product. cream compact foundation. liked the idea of being able to bring foundation around in a compact, easy touch ups. was matched to nc25, which is a tad light...makes me look pasty faced and the foundation seems obvious...which wasn't really discernible in the store lighting ( sheesh). the SA used the 188 brush to apply it on my face after using a primer. if u want a heavier coverage, she advised that the 130 brush would be better. looked really flawless. walked around with it on for a couple of hours. thought it looked pretty good ( cloudy day...sheesh). decided to buy it. when i got home, had difficulty applying it. it looked totally obvious and caky. used the 188 the way SA did, didnt work. then i decided to use foundation brush which i spritzed with a bit of water and used a technique i saw in this cream foundation tutorial by enkore. worked pretty well. light coverage when done this way, so had to build it up to cover more. concealer is needed if u want to cover sunspots, which i have (don't really mind not covering them). i find it feels moisturizing (i have dry skin during the winter) and doesnt really dry. set it with powder on my t-zone, but left my cheeks as it was coz i want the dewy look. overall, doesn't completely blow me away. lasted 5 hours? but then again, i take ablution for prayers a couple of times a day so it doesnt bother me much. maybe i'd like it better if i'd had a better colour match (totally my fault). plus, developed a couple of pimples on chin and forehead since using it, and i hardly break out. will be giving this away to my cousin who is fairer then me. for the price and considering the fact i wasnt totally satisfied with it, i would not buy it again. otherwise, good product for those with dry skin and nice to use for colder months.
UPDATE: Tried it again today after leaving it for a couple of weeks. i've just realized that it dries darker than it goes on. still a teeny bit light but after some blush and bronzer, i'm good to go. tried it also with the elf powder brush...i dab it in the compact and distribute it on my face by dabbing it on. then i spray the brush and my face with the body shop vitamin E face mist and buff away. gives a nice dewy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by KieuNguyen

**Pros: Coverage is buildable and blends in well with skintone- Quick and easy application! Dries fast and gives you a dewy finish. The color does not have as strong of a yellow hue as the UD Surreal Creme to Powder foundation. This foundation comes in a compact form with mirror & is more portable than MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish Fluid foundation.
**Cons: It's strongly scented like vanilla cupcakes. (It does not smell once it dries on the face). At times, it may dry the skin out within 6 hours if you apply it with a heavy hand. The compact comes with a sponge for application, but I feel that it absorbs and wastes too much of the product, and using a sponge tends to break me out more than using a brush. The brush they separately sell for this foundation is $40 and is not portable :(
I said I would repurchase because it is an excellent formula and gives me desired coverage without the expected frequent drying effect of most mineral powders. This formula would work best for dry to combination skin; I don't think oily skin would benefit from this formula (fyi: I have dry-combination skin).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

Lately, I've become somewhat of a foundation junkie - TEMPTU, Illamasqua, MUFE, MAC - everything. I suddenly want tons of different options, and that craving led to this. The texture is absolutely heavenly! Swatched on a finger it feels liquidy/moist and on the face it just feels delightful. My skin gets dry in the winter, and this is the first foundation I've tried that I can truly say is moisturizing. That said, I think those with oilier complexions may want to be wary, as I could see this accentuating that issue throughout wear. I apply this with the 130 brush (I don't use that sponge thing) and it goes on truly flawlessly. Also, this product stays creamy on skin long enough to really spread and buff it in. I just make sure my compact is closed very tightly so it doesn't dry out. I look forward to traveling with this, as it will surely be a thousand times easier and less messy! It is easy to be heavy-handed with this since it looks like so little is coming off onto the brush, but it's easy to sheer out and tone down. Overall, a winner in my book.

Update: I've just had to come back and edit my review. After using this for even longer, my skin looks fabulous! Even in the cold, windy, harsh winters of Philadelphia, my skin is amazing. I can honestly say this truly moisturizes and leaves skin looking and feeling great even when I take it off. I just had to rave about this moisturizing effect. In the summer I'm thinking I may even be able to skip moisturizer if I intend to use this (however, I do have normal-to-oily skin).

Also, my compact is still as fresh as the day I bought it. I make sure it clicks closed, and then keep it out of sunlight in my vanity. I love this even more!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by savethemarianne

I wanted to try this mineral based creme compact foundation because it was cheaper than Chanel's at £23 and it got good reviews here. However I was a bit disappointed with it. Firstly, I can kind of see how some people say this makes you look flawless, on some parts of my face it had this finish, but I think this is dependent on skin type as other parts of my face it really showed up. Perhaps I didn't blend this in properly but on top of that negative, I also found it showed up my dry flaky patches. I know most foundations will do this but I was hoping this wouldn't as it is advertised for dry skin. Having said this, it is a mild improvement on the drug store liquid foundation I'm currently using as the finish is quite natural and not oily. I find it's staying power so so, I'd probably freshen up after 4/5 hours but at least the compact is neat to carry around. Overall, I felt this product was not significantly better than it's drugstore counterparts, yet the price was markedly higher, so I only gave it 3 lippies.
Edit: I upped it to 4 lippes as I found when I used the 188 brush or a standard foundation brush, it did help the finish of the product and showed up less on dry patches although still a little bit. It's a shame to have to carry around a massive brush with a compact foundation, but I think I would consider buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Zannahxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my all time HG foundation. I've tried almost every high end foundation (MUFE, NARS, etc...) and this one trumps them all. I have dry, sensitive, slightly acne prone skin (NC20). This was not love at first try for me, actually I hated it the first time I tried it, I didn't feel like it had enough coverage for that flawless, airbrushed yet not caked on look that I love. But then I saw a picture of myself wearing it and I was blown away by how flawless my skin looked. I ended up taking it on a 2 week vacation and I loved not only how my skin looked in pictures but also the ease of the compact for traveling. On me the finish is glowy, not greasy and in my opinion it looks like real skin. I feel like my quest for the perfect foundation is finally over and I will continue to use this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by briii

Great foundation! I am probably one of the biggest foundation junkies in the world. ha. lm always on the lookout for the best foundation out there. Lately I've been searching for a good creme foundation and have tried pretty much everything out there, from high end to drug store. I have found some that I like but was never completely satisfied, til now. My skin is normal to dry, especially dry in the winter. This foundation is perfect for my skin. It is very moisturizing and when applying it on your skin you can definitely feel the moisture in the product. Because of how moisturizing this foundation is I would definitely not recommend this for people with oily/combo skin. I love this foundation very much. The one thing about it that some people might not like is that you really have to set this with a good setting powder otherwise it would probably come off early in the day. Thats not a big deal for me because I usually always use a setting powder. But this foundation is awesome and definitely think its a great one for people with dry skin :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

i this is my first mac foundation i ever tried coz i heard so many people broke out from their foundation so i use MUFE which works perfectly for me when my skin was oilier. Because of winter I started to have flaky cheeks and dry patches in some areas on my face. I'm thrilled to try MAC products and decided to get some sample in nc30.
Wow, full coverage i dont even need concealer at all. It has natural finish. The women at the salon cant even tell that i got foundation on and she said i dont need to buy their skincare products because my skin is flawless. I wish i have perfect skin just as she said to me. She thought im just being funny. I'll wait until i run out of the sample to purchase the full size....I use sigma f80 to apply this foundation along with sephora make up primer. I'm having a major breakouts with tiny white bumps all over my face. MAC don't make good foundation for sensitive skin like me....... COlor match was perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by melzie2121

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was just reviewing the Pro Longwear Foundation and realized I'd never reviewed this. This is my HG foundation. I absolutely love the finish and it works even on my very oily skin, I just have to blot mid-day. This is my winter foundation and Pro Longwear will be my summer.

Great job on the foundations recently MAC. Neither of these break me out and the finish on both is fresh and young looking.

I'm NC20 and color match was right on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by rachael_l

Pros: Good coverage, finish and staying power
Cons: Colors seem off on this MAC foundation (run darker/orange)
I went out and bought this foundation the first day it was released at my MAC counter and didn't even bother to look at the color (my mistake!). I bought NC40, which is the color I buy in Studio Fix, bought found it to be too dark/orange in this foundation. I used the whole thing anyways and went back and debated between NC37 and NC35. A MAC makeup artist suggested NC37, which I went with but still found it too be too dark and orange. Unfortunately I never returned it (not sure why) and used it half a dozen times but now it's been sitting in my makeup drawer untouched.
Besides the color match problem I've had, I really liked this foundation. The coverage is medium and can be built up medium-heavy but the finish is still natural. I found it easier to work with than liquid or a powder foundation, which was why I was drawn to it. I used a flat top buffer brush which I liked better than a sponge or stippling brush. It lasted throughout a 10 to 12 hour day with primer underneath and powder on top, and got slightly oily towards the end but not horribly so. It didn't break me out and made my skin look even in color.
I'm on the fence about purchasing another one since Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse is similar in consistency and working well for me (including color overall) and is cheaper than MAC. I do like MAC products though so who knows, I'll probably cave and buy another one (hopefully the right color)...