Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation

on 10/23/2014 7:18:00 AM

I got this after reading reviews on here. I have acne prone skin, but this last winter my skin had been so dry and the foundations I was using just make it look dry and flaky and patchy.
Healthy mix has been fantastic, my skin looks fresh and dewy when wearing it. Even after finishing with a powder. You will need a powder and probably some kind of base too because it just doesn't last without it. Goes on and blends nicely, it's only a light to medium coverage, but can build it up a little and it still looks nice.
The smell is lovely and fruity. It is quite moisturising which I was looking for. I really like this and would definitely repurchase.

on 10/21/2014 6:09:00 PM

I'm reacting to this foundation but the healthy mix serum works just fine.
Not sure why but i am so disappointed because i bought this one off ebay from UK.

Color oxidizes to more "beige" and "orange" than the healthy mix serum, the latter doesn't really oxidizes.

on 10/9/2014 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Drug store foundation with affordable price. Texture and smell is good, easy to apply whatever you use your fingers, foundation brush or puff.I think it suit for dry or normal skin type but on my oily-combination skin it's really bad which my face was getting greasy than usual.

-light coverage
-good smell
-affordable price
-smooth texture

-not suit for oily/combination skin type

on 10/8/2014 11:40:00 PM

I've been using this foundation on and off for about 2 years now. At first, I thought I liked it, mainly because it was the first drugstore foundation that matched my skin color (MAC NC20-25, Bourjois 52) and the coverage was great. However that was in London, where the air is less dry.

Now that I'm living in the US, the autumn/winter season is comparatively drier and my skin leans more combination/dry (oily on surface but dry underneath - oil/water imbalance... confusing, I know).

This is where this foundation falls apart.

Upon initial application, my face looks flawless, glowy, and natural (I use a beauty blender). But after around 3-4 hours, whether indoors or out, the foundation makes my skin feel like it's shriveling up. When I check in the mirror, I see a flakey mess (especially around my eyebrows, nose, and mouth under sunlight) and small wrinkles show up where I've never seen them before. Granted, it's not as bad as many other foundations I've tried, but flakey skin (even a little) is a huge no no as I strive for a more natural look.

NOTE: I always use a series of skincare items targeted to hydrate the skin before putting on any makeup so it's not an issue with my skincare routine. And there are definitely base makeup that do not show my flakey bits, like the Skin79 Gold Label BB Cream.

TIP: I always check my base under direct daylight, that's how I can tell if a foundation is truly natural-looking. I admit I am very picky when it comes to how natural my base looks, so if you're less picky, you may like this foundation a lot!

Light/Medium buildable coverage
Satin finish
Most shades have neutral/yellow undertones
Packaging is made of glass with pump
Scent is light and slightly fruity, very pleasant

(+)Get this foundation if you want great medium coverage and amazing shade matches (for neutral/yellow undertones) and you have anything but dry skin (flakey).

(-)Stay away if you are looking for a moisturizing foundation. This will show all your flakey bits a few hours of wear.

It is a great foundation overall, just doesn't work for people with dry flakey skin.

on 10/6/2014 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been trying to find an SPF free (chemical SPFs often cause me probs) foundation with yellow undertones that I could wear day to day and that would suit my acne prone yet super dry skin. Sadly this isn't it! I like it, the coverage is heavier than I expected and it tends to find the drier areas of my face (round my nose, between eyebrows etc) and kind of congeal. It's not so bad that it's a total deal breaker but enough that it makes it obvious I'm wearing foundation. I don't put it on my very acne prone areas, lower jaw and chin because instinct tells me it will break me out if I do, unless I'm going out and it'll only be on for a few hours, in which case I put it everywhere. For me it works quite well as a going out base but I probably won't buy it again.

on 10/2/2014 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Awesome product! I have super fair skin with olive undertone, so it is very difficult to find a light foundation that is not pink and doesn't cost half an arm. I wear shade 51 in the winter, and 52 in the summer, and both look fantastic, exact match for me. Very nice finish, easy to layer for some more coverage without looking cakey (although you still need concealer), and I wear it every day and it does not break me out (even though I have horribly oily acne-prone skin). Also a tip for Canadians, do not buy this at Shoppers, it is crazy overpriced (and I think they may only carry the serum version), but rather order it online :)

on 10/1/2014 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. It's not cheap here in Australia (around $32 if I remember correctly) but it has a gorgeous finish, lasts well and is easily buildable. Unfortunately the lightest shade is a tad dark for me, but I'll keep it around for when I'm a bit more tanned or mix it with a lightened because I love it so much!

on 9/30/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My skin type: warm, nc25-30, combination-oily, sensitive, acne-prone

Shade: I alternate between 53 and 54, but really, the shades are very forgiving for this foundation, you could go one shade lighter / darker and it will still look very natural! (I don't say this for most foundations) I do wish they have a better shade selection for darker-skinned friends though..

Finish: I LOVE how great this looks on my skin! It looks very natural, glowy but NOT oily. Doesn't feel heavy on the skin. Doesn't settle into pores or emphasize them!

Lasting power: On me, this gets shiny and starts fading by 8 hours, which is decent but not fantastic. Powder helps to mattify but does not prevent fading.

Coverage and application: Medium-buildable, a little goes a long way. I use it very sparingly for my whole face, applying with my trusted sigma F82 brush, which allows me to use less product than with fingers. On bad skin days, I also use this as spot concealer on top of my blemishes and it covers quite well.

Packaging: Could be better. Yes, it comes in a pump bottle (which is ALWAYS preferable to an open cap bottle!) But the pump tends to leak, which is a pain to me. Still tolerable though, considering the price and the quality product!

Scent: I generally dislike scents in my makeup as it's not good for the skin, but this smells heavenly (like berries) and hasn't broken me out.

Conclusion: I have tried both drugstore and higher end foundations alike, and kept coming back to this one. To list a few: Makeup Forever's HD (insufficient coverage), Mat Velvet (emphasizes pores), MAC Face and Body (too dewy, sheer), Estee Lauder Double Wear light (too tacky!), Revlon Colorstay (tacky and feels too heavy on skin), Kanebo Kate Powderless Liquid (too powdery and looks unnatural).

I am a foundation snob, so the fact that this looks better on than the more expensive options came as a total surprise, and is the reason why it gets 5 full lippies from me!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Once again I bought because of the hype. On all those blogs (Lisa Eldrige and so forth) and reviews it said lightweight, dewy skin without looking oily and their palest shade (51) was also a really light one. So I bought it online, because where I live there is no possibility to look at it in a store.

First of all, the smell: Fruity but for me it smells fruity in a very chemical way. Did not like the smell at all.

Second, it broke me out again and again. I have sensitive combination skin, which tends to break out, whenever my skin does not like something. So it happened here as well.
Because of my combination skin, which isn't on the too oily sight (just a little bit shine in the t-zone, the rest is normal), I had the feeling this looked very shiny on my skin. Like I bathed in oil. I guess for dryer skins this is basically heaven, but this was one of the reasons it also did not lasted very long on me.

So all in all: Not for me. The colour though fits for paler skins I have to say.

on 9/17/2014 3:19:00 AM

I really really wanted to like this foundation, but it broke me out every single time i used it. I researched it a lot before i bought it and others claim it's their HG foundation. With or without primer i would get little red dots at the end of the day. Lately my contact dermatitis has been worse with it and i would get larger, more irate dry patches from using it.

I would suggest those interested to try it in store first and wear it on their face for a whole day before purchasing.

Video Reviews & Tutorials