Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 8/23/2010 8:31:00 PM

Love it... I was scared to try a red Lipstick as they are so vibrant and I dont like to draw attention. I bought a red one from MAC and gave it to my mum. It was SO red! I then saw the Chanel advertisment in which the model was wearing this lipstick and instantly feel in love. its so polished and classy and the staying power is great. For anyone looking for a subtle red this is your best bet!

on 8/21/2010 8:58:00 PM

I love this lipstick. It's a great color that pulls my look together for a very polished look. The formula is smooth & long lasting. It's very pigmented. Wears very well & stays on for hours without drying.

Yes I bought into the hype that because a lipstick costs $30 it must be super good. I also bought into the hype that this was the must have of the season...so I was anxious to try it. This is my first experience with Chanel lipstick. The color is nice but this formula dries my lips. So much so that after I have had it on for a few hours my lips start to chap and I can pick the dry parts that start the peel. THIS for $30 ? Please...I've had better results from a $5 Maybelline.

on 8/17/2010 9:05:00 PM

Make room for me on the bandwagon. I bought this because of the glowing review in Lucky by Jean Godfrey-June -- the only beauty editor in the world who wears hardly any makeup. But generally her recommendations are spot-on for me since I prefer a natural-but-polished look.

The texture is divine, not too shiny and just creamy enough that my lips seem fuller and poutier. And the color is perfection against my skintone (NC25). It's a rosy pink that can add elegance to everything from jeans and a sweater to a cocktail dress. This is a weird comparison but it's the precise color of a mosquito bite -- basically your skin but naturally flushed.

Pricy at $30 for a tube but if you're only going to buy one lipstick this fall, make this it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have to admit I bought this colour because of all the hype and great reviews on here but I find it is not as nice on my cool-toned pale complexion as I hoped. I like that it has no shimmer and the consistency of the lipstick is lovely, hydrating and easy to apply. Although I do like it, I don't like it as much as my first Rouge Coco which was perle. I won't be re-purchasing this shade but am thinking of purchasing Camelia from the same line since I do like the lipstick itself a lot.

on 8/15/2010 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was the first Rouge Coco I bought when the line launched in Canada at my local Chanel counter. 05 is supposed to be the 'chameleon' color because it will look different on everyone. I am Asian with warm undertones (NC35-40) with black hair and brown eyes. I have medium pigmented lips and this color shows up as a deepened rose that runs more pink on me. It instantly makes me look polished and put together, it's a very romantic and sensual color. One swipe on my bottom lip is enough to cover my entire lip area, so they are nicely pigmented being rich in color. The Rouge Coco range is moisturizing but not as much as the Rouge Allure line in my opinion. Staying power is great and I have a habit of blotting my lips together, on average about 3 hours. The packaging looks identical to the now discontinued Hydrabase line, but is encased in metal not plastic so it is a hefty piece and it is cool to the touch. The cap shuts with a very satisfying 'click' so you don't have to worry about it opening in your purse. This is $38CAN.

I love this lipstick for day or night. I put it on litely during the day, but at night I will put it on a little heavier. I would buy this product again, and I would recommend this lipstick to anyone and everyone. This is my favorite lipstick ever.

on 8/13/2010 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I get so many compliments when I wear this. It photographs amazing & lasts a long time with me having to reapply every 30 mins etc.... LOVE it. NC20 blondeblue for reference

on 8/7/2010 1:29:00 PM

Disappointed with this on me. I've been lemming it for weeks, and my Chanel counter finally had one in stock, so I bought it.
The charm of this lippy, for many, is its ability to change colour. That's its biggest downfall on my lips. Some days it looks a sweet rosey pink, others it looks brown and hideous. I can't figure out what makes it change colour on me this way, so every time I wear it, I'm playing Lucky Dip. If it's a Brown Day I have to remove it and apply something else - not a job I want to be doing at 6am on a workday morning.
This doesn't last on me either - it's gone within an hour of application, which leads me to say that I also find this to be quite drying, the finish is not elegant on my lips and it creates wrinkles that aren't there normally.
Annoyed with myself for not testing it first. It costs 21.50, which is extremely expensive for a lipstick, especially one that's only average on me.
When I'm in the market for HE lippy's in future I'll stick to Chantecaille. Same price, but the colour stays true, it stays on, and it's nowhere near as drying as this.

I feel parisian chic when wearing this lipstick.
I can honestly say I almost feel a little bit of Vanessa Paradis coming over me when I put this one on.
Sexy, vibrant and sensual. I almost have the same lipcolour as mademoiselle, but as always a lipstick makes it come out more. I have luscious lips when wearing this and my boyfriend loves this lipstick on me too. Team it up with a little bit of mascara and a frill dress and you will feel like you are walking the streets of Paris.

Next to all the romantic stuff above, I feel like everybody looks good with this lipstick. I am a pale, light blonde with brown eyes and a bit rosy skin and it looks great on me.
My friend, a brunette with greenish eyes and a bit of a yellow skintone looks great with this colour too.

2 con's
1. When I don't 'scrub' my lips and my lips are dry this lipstick can dry my lips out even more.
2. Although a very allround colour and not too heavy nor too nude, I still have to decide which color clothes I am going to wear before deciding to put this lipstick on or not. For example: It looks terrible when wearing something purple, believe me, I tried.

But still definite HG material!

Recommended for Medium Skin