Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

I love this lipstick for day or night. I put it on litely during the day, but at night I will put it on a little heavier. I would buy this product again, and I would recommend this lipstick to anyone and everyone. This is my favorite lipstick ever.

on 8/13/2010 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I get so many compliments when I wear this. It photographs amazing & lasts a long time with me having to reapply every 30 mins etc.... LOVE it. NC20 blondeblue for reference

on 8/7/2010 1:29:00 PM

Disappointed with this on me. I've been lemming it for weeks, and my Chanel counter finally had one in stock, so I bought it.
The charm of this lippy, for many, is its ability to change colour. That's its biggest downfall on my lips. Some days it looks a sweet rosey pink, others it looks brown and hideous. I can't figure out what makes it change colour on me this way, so every time I wear it, I'm playing Lucky Dip. If it's a Brown Day I have to remove it and apply something else - not a job I want to be doing at 6am on a workday morning.
This doesn't last on me either - it's gone within an hour of application, which leads me to say that I also find this to be quite drying, the finish is not elegant on my lips and it creates wrinkles that aren't there normally.
Annoyed with myself for not testing it first. It costs 21.50, which is extremely expensive for a lipstick, especially one that's only average on me.
When I'm in the market for HE lippy's in future I'll stick to Chantecaille. Same price, but the colour stays true, it stays on, and it's nowhere near as drying as this.

I feel parisian chic when wearing this lipstick.
I can honestly say I almost feel a little bit of Vanessa Paradis coming over me when I put this one on.
Sexy, vibrant and sensual. I almost have the same lipcolour as mademoiselle, but as always a lipstick makes it come out more. I have luscious lips when wearing this and my boyfriend loves this lipstick on me too. Team it up with a little bit of mascara and a frill dress and you will feel like you are walking the streets of Paris.

Next to all the romantic stuff above, I feel like everybody looks good with this lipstick. I am a pale, light blonde with brown eyes and a bit rosy skin and it looks great on me.
My friend, a brunette with greenish eyes and a bit of a yellow skintone looks great with this colour too.

2 con's
1. When I don't 'scrub' my lips and my lips are dry this lipstick can dry my lips out even more.
2. Although a very allround colour and not too heavy nor too nude, I still have to decide which color clothes I am going to wear before deciding to put this lipstick on or not. For example: It looks terrible when wearing something purple, believe me, I tried.

But still definite HG material!

on 8/5/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Pros: Unique color - too warm to be pink, too pink to be nude, too coral to be rose. I love the smell and the formula is very moisturizing.

Cons: Doesn't work for me as a signature lipstick because it doesn't define itself. It also wears off pretty quickly. Expensive and I find the color to be easy to replace with another lipstick

If you love the color, go for it. If you are on the fence, get something else instead.

on 7/25/2010 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great, long-lasting color. I usually pair it with a rosy-pink lipliner for my cool skin.

on 7/25/2010 8:00:00 AM

I adore this lipstick, and consider it to be HG material. In terms of the colour, I am NW15 with dark brown hair and eyes and lightly pigmented lips, and on me Mademoiselle 05 looks very similar to how it does in the Vanessa Paradis ad. This lipstick is one of those colours which I would describe as being neither a natural colour or a statement look- it is just enough to add colour and interest to a look without being dramatic. So I think it is very versatile- fun, sophisticated and school/work appropriate all at the same time. I would describe the colour as being a mid-toned pinkish cherry red- the swatches here on MUA are pretty accurate. In terms of quality, it goes on very smoothly- as well as a MAC lustre lipstick- and lasts superbly. I would say that it lasts better than MAC. I can put it on in the morning, and it will still be almost perfect by the evening. Just the presentation of the Rouge Coco lipsticks is enough to make me want more- the packaging is beautiful and very sophisticated, and the lipstick is also beautifully scented with a very delicate, classy floral scent.

on 7/17/2010 2:44:00 AM

I love all of the Rouge Cocos, but this is one of my favourite colours, along with Perle, Paris and Rose Comete (the latter two I haven't tried yet, but I'm hoping to at some stage). Mademoiselle is a very feminine colour that I like to wear when I'm in the mood for something a little brighter than Perle, but I still want a natural look.

on 7/14/2010 4:03:00 PM

This was my second Rouge Coco lipstick and like many others, I'm very impressed with the new Chanel lipsticks.

The colour: A warm, nude rosy-beige. Hard to describe, but I think this will fit most, if not all types (I myself tend to look best in cool tones, but this one was an exception). It's a classic go-to, everyday versatlie colour. On me, it looks a lot like in the ads (so I think).
The texture: Not too creamy, not too matte. It's just right. No glitter. I do not find it drying.
Staying power: Lasts quite a while, depending on what you're doing... I take it off before eating though.
Scent: Lovely rose-scented, I love the smell!
Packaging: Typically Chanel, gorgeous and oh-so chic.

Overall, I'm in love with this new range of lipsticks and Mademoiselle is probably its signature colour.

on 7/13/2010 9:25:00 PM

This was a splurge, yes. Not inexpensive. But in this case, you get what you pay for. The lipstick, on me, is a sort of rosy-pink-brown with a tiny bit of coral. Its very flattering and very comfortable. The case is classic Chanel--black with a gold band, with the logo stamped on the bottom.

I have to say that applying this lipstick is a joy and I can see using it a great deal.

Popular Lipsticks