Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle 05

4.3

on 8/17/2010 9:05:00 PM

Make room for me on the bandwagon. I bought this because of the glowing review in Lucky by Jean Godfrey-June -- the only beauty editor in the world who wears hardly any makeup. But generally her recommendations are spot-on for me since I prefer a natural-but-polished look.

The texture is divine, not too shiny and just creamy enough that my lips seem fuller and poutier. And the color is perfection against my skintone (NC25). It's a rosy pink that can add elegance to everything from jeans and a sweater to a cocktail dress. This is a weird comparison but it's the precise color of a mosquito bite -- basically your skin but naturally flushed.

Pricy at $30 for a tube but if you're only going to buy one lipstick this fall, make this it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have to admit I bought this colour because of all the hype and great reviews on here but I find it is not as nice on my cool-toned pale complexion as I hoped. I like that it has no shimmer and the consistency of the lipstick is lovely, hydrating and easy to apply. Although I do like it, I don't like it as much as my first Rouge Coco which was perle. I won't be re-purchasing this shade but am thinking of purchasing Camelia from the same line since I do like the lipstick itself a lot.

on 8/15/2010 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This was the first Rouge Coco I bought when the line launched in Canada at my local Chanel counter. 05 is supposed to be the 'chameleon' color because it will look different on everyone. I am Asian with warm undertones (NC35-40) with black hair and brown eyes. I have medium pigmented lips and this color shows up as a deepened rose that runs more pink on me. It instantly makes me look polished and put together, it's a very romantic and sensual color. One swipe on my bottom lip is enough to cover my entire lip area, so they are nicely pigmented being rich in color. The Rouge Coco range is moisturizing but not as much as the Rouge Allure line in my opinion. Staying power is great and I have a habit of blotting my lips together, on average about 3 hours. The packaging looks identical to the now discontinued Hydrabase line, but is encased in metal not plastic so it is a hefty piece and it is cool to the touch. The cap shuts with a very satisfying 'click' so you don't have to worry about it opening in your purse. This is $38CAN.

I love this lipstick for day or night. I put it on litely during the day, but at night I will put it on a little heavier. I would buy this product again, and I would recommend this lipstick to anyone and everyone. This is my favorite lipstick ever.

on 8/13/2010 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I get so many compliments when I wear this. It photographs amazing & lasts a long time with me having to reapply every 30 mins etc.... LOVE it. NC20 blondeblue for reference

on 8/7/2010 1:29:00 PM

Disappointed with this on me. I've been lemming it for weeks, and my Chanel counter finally had one in stock, so I bought it.
The charm of this lippy, for many, is its ability to change colour. That's its biggest downfall on my lips. Some days it looks a sweet rosey pink, others it looks brown and hideous. I can't figure out what makes it change colour on me this way, so every time I wear it, I'm playing Lucky Dip. If it's a Brown Day I have to remove it and apply something else - not a job I want to be doing at 6am on a workday morning.
This doesn't last on me either - it's gone within an hour of application, which leads me to say that I also find this to be quite drying, the finish is not elegant on my lips and it creates wrinkles that aren't there normally.
Annoyed with myself for not testing it first. It costs 21.50, which is extremely expensive for a lipstick, especially one that's only average on me.
When I'm in the market for HE lippy's in future I'll stick to Chantecaille. Same price, but the colour stays true, it stays on, and it's nowhere near as drying as this.

I feel parisian chic when wearing this lipstick.
I can honestly say I almost feel a little bit of Vanessa Paradis coming over me when I put this one on.
Sexy, vibrant and sensual. I almost have the same lipcolour as mademoiselle, but as always a lipstick makes it come out more. I have luscious lips when wearing this and my boyfriend loves this lipstick on me too. Team it up with a little bit of mascara and a frill dress and you will feel like you are walking the streets of Paris.

Next to all the romantic stuff above, I feel like everybody looks good with this lipstick. I am a pale, light blonde with brown eyes and a bit rosy skin and it looks great on me.
My friend, a brunette with greenish eyes and a bit of a yellow skintone looks great with this colour too.

2 con's
1. When I don't 'scrub' my lips and my lips are dry this lipstick can dry my lips out even more.
2. Although a very allround colour and not too heavy nor too nude, I still have to decide which color clothes I am going to wear before deciding to put this lipstick on or not. For example: It looks terrible when wearing something purple, believe me, I tried.

But still definite HG material!

on 8/5/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Pros: Unique color - too warm to be pink, too pink to be nude, too coral to be rose. I love the smell and the formula is very moisturizing.

Cons: Doesn't work for me as a signature lipstick because it doesn't define itself. It also wears off pretty quickly. Expensive and I find the color to be easy to replace with another lipstick

If you love the color, go for it. If you are on the fence, get something else instead.

on 7/25/2010 9:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great, long-lasting color. I usually pair it with a rosy-pink lipliner for my cool skin.

on 7/25/2010 8:00:00 AM

I adore this lipstick, and consider it to be HG material. In terms of the colour, I am NW15 with dark brown hair and eyes and lightly pigmented lips, and on me Mademoiselle 05 looks very similar to how it does in the Vanessa Paradis ad. This lipstick is one of those colours which I would describe as being neither a natural colour or a statement look- it is just enough to add colour and interest to a look without being dramatic. So I think it is very versatile- fun, sophisticated and school/work appropriate all at the same time. I would describe the colour as being a mid-toned pinkish cherry red- the swatches here on MUA are pretty accurate. In terms of quality, it goes on very smoothly- as well as a MAC lustre lipstick- and lasts superbly. I would say that it lasts better than MAC. I can put it on in the morning, and it will still be almost perfect by the evening. Just the presentation of the Rouge Coco lipsticks is enough to make me want more- the packaging is beautiful and very sophisticated, and the lipstick is also beautifully scented with a very delicate, classy floral scent.

Popular Lipsticks