Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey

4.5

on 8/24/2010 11:43:00 PM

This n/p is an interesting color: taupey/ever so purple tinged/grey. I was hoping it'd be a squirrel grey, matte light grey tinge. This color looks disgusting at night or in low light but during the day or in light, it's cute in a pug like way (ugly dog but cute, right? That's what I mean...). The formula is amazingly smooth and leaves a quick drying, high gloss finish. Love the flat, wide rounded brush. The quality is better than Chanel n/p which are exponentially more expensive.

With that said, the color is definitely not for everyone. This color looks best on short nails. Overall, it's a great polish...but Rimmel...please bring back the Milk Chocolate color!

Great color and great brush. Two coats plus a top coat lasted me a couple weeks. Love this nail polish.

on 8/19/2010 2:11:00 PM

I am joining all the compliments about this polish. It's the perfect neutral and will go easily from summer into fall and winter. Sophisticated, easy to apply. Wears well. Good price. Get it!

on 8/19/2010 11:47:00 AM

oh my! i didn't expect to love this but I do! it's very creamy and opaque, like the reviewer below it reminded me of OPI. It glided on smooth and it only took 2 coats to look opaque. I'm usually a bright nail polish kinda gal, but I do love this so. I may even have to start switching to more neutral polishes after this. I do like the brush alot, it was kinda thick, but flat and a little pointed. It covered the nail very well. You can't beat the price either, I got it for $2.77 after a $1 coupon!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

love this. The colour is very unique and quite wearable. The formula is very smooth and creamy - much like OPI's cream polishes. The brush is huuuuge! The brush is just like OPI but a bit more stiff which I like. The stiffer the brush, the more control you get. I've also observed that this brush is pointed whereas the OPI is very rounded. The pointiness of this brush allows you to get close to your cuticles. The price is around 4. very affordable. Love it, beautiful colour for a cheap price :)

on 8/14/2010 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first time I've used Rimmel nail polish, and I'm glad I tried it out. Steel Grey is a beautiful neutral taupe, works well with both bright summery outfits and the darker colors we wear in the fall. The formula and brush made application easy. This product was definitely worth the 3.99 I spent.

on 8/14/2010 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very pretty! I just did my toes with it and it's lovely! I love the wide kind of brush that this has, and the polish was not expensive, but very high quality! Gorgeous taupey-mushroomy color. Great! Need 2 coats as it's rather sheer but 2 makes it opaque.

I got this due to its reputation as a dupe of Metro Chic by Sephora by OPI. I love Metro Chic but I hate the formula (too sheer and chips easily). I must say that Steel Grey delivers in ways Metro Chic could not. The formula is smooth and is wearably opaque in two coats. I am a fan of the wide brush although I realize it's inconvenient for those with smaller nailbeds. If you are a fan of greige or dusty lilac, I really recommend picking this up. I also only got minor tip wear after 6 days (when sandwiching with Orly Bonder).

on 8/8/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

In bottle and under indoor light, it is a gray color. Under outdoor light, it turns into purple, which I don't like since I was looking for a gray nail polish. It's lighter than You don't know Jacques and definitely has the purple undertone that YDKJ doesn't have. The wide brush makes it easy to cover the nails but it's harder to go in the corners of my nails. However, I still really enjoy it because of the superb staying power. It's cheaper than OPI but with Nailtek base coat and Seche top coat, it stays on for over a week with minimal chipping and I do dishes and chores everyday. Highly recommend it but just beware of the purple domination in the color.

on 8/8/2010 2:45:00 PM

- I love the flat brush. In fact, I love all nail polish with a similar flat brush but especially this one. The brush edge is rounded out instead of a straight line which makes it easier to reach the rounded corners near my cuticle
- The color looks like a dark lavender in good lighting but in poor.dark lighting it is more of a gray. I loved how it changed colors but others might not like this.
- I used 2/3 coats and a Sally Hansen top coat and it lasted more than a week before I got a small chip on my index finger. I washed dishes and did some mechanical work so this is really impressive.
- Also, it is super cheap. I used a $1.00 off coupon and it couldn’t have been anymore than $3.00…awesome.

Popular Polishes