Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

3.3

Aqua/Water/Eau, Isododecane, Propylene Glycol, Diisocetyl Dodecanedioate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Nylon 12, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-): (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

on 2/21/2013 11:32:00 PM

I love this concealer. It matches my skin tone perfectly, and gives me the coverage I need. It's not too heavy at all. Although I do find it can tend to flake off if you don't moisturize well.

I have stubborn dark circles and I was looking for something to cover them. This wasn't horrible, but it dried out very quickly and started looking cracked and weird. I kept having to smooth it out throughout the day and apply moisturizer even though I don't have dry skin. I gave it another shot the next day, and it dried out the area under my eyes so much that they started itching and it was uncomfortable. After work I went straight to Ulta and bought some Loreal Visible Lift concealer which ended up being the answer to my prayers.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pretty good color match for me which is a rare find when it comes to drugstore products. Other than the great color match, the packaging and applicator is good. Despite using loose powder to set this, it still faded after about 4 hours of use (this was in hot, humid weather conditions- which isn't too bad but still not great in view this is meant to be a "super stay" product).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This concealer is absolutely fantastic for blemishes. It delivers full coverage with a matte finish. I don't recommend it to be used on dark circles not only because it isn't intended to be used on dark circles, but also because its thickness is not ideal for the delicate, thin eye area. I suggest you use a thinner, lighter coverage concealer for that, such as Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch.
Superstay really does stay for a long time. It lasts all day without having to touch-up--no fading, patching, transferring, or oiliness. And I didn't even set it with powder!
My only complaint that I blame myself for is the shade that I got! I purchased Ivory, because it looked somewhat like my NC30-35 skin tone (slight yellow undertones) in the store, but shame on Rite Aid's lighting and my lack of not seeing swatches before buying, because when I got home and swatched it, it was way too light! I was hoping it could at least match the lightest part of my face (jawline), but nope. I don't want to throw it away, so I'm just going to keep it to lighten my too-dark face makeup or use it as an eyeshadow base. I was considering Light, but that seemed like it had strong pink undertones. The only other options available were Medium Beige and Dark Beige. Next time I'm picking up Medium Beige for sure.
Regarding the packaging, it's a plastic bottle with a doe's foot applicator. Not really special.
I purchased it for around $7, which is about the retail price.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

on 2/11/2013 1:32:00 PM

Heavy and drying. Looks terrible after a few hours. Works better for contouring but not as a concealer. I have very few lines around my eyes but this product managed to find the few I do have and accentuated them in an unflattering way. Yuck.

on 2/10/2013 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Delivers great coverage for any blemishes, redness and scars along with excellent staying power. Best results with a good moisturiser and oil-combination skin. The packaging is convent for travelling and hygienic provided you don't apply the concealer directly to blemishes.

on 2/7/2013 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have dry skin, and usually gravitate towards liquid concealers for all uses because otherwise I run the risk of flakiness and patchyness.

So to keep it concise,
The Pros:

- Insanely good coverage for a liquid concealer, probably the best I've come across! If you need to cover something serious up, this is really up there with some high-end stuff.

- Inexpensive and widely available, Maybelline is stocked pretty much anywhere you can buy makeup at all.

- Good shade range, for a super pale girl, the lightest shade (Ivory?) works great, and doesn't lean too yellow or pink toned.

- Good packaging, never experienced any leakage, although if you were using this on blemishes it would probably be best not to apply this directly to the spot, otherwise you might hygienically compromise the rest of the product.

The Cons:

- Quite a matte finish, which ultimately leads to dryness. Good priming and exfoliation is really required. Oily skinned ladies would probably adore the formulation for the matte finish.
I wouldn't even attempt to use this under the eyes if you have normal/dry skin.

- The whole 24-hour wear claim is pretty outlandish, and while I do think it is important to judge a product on the claims it makes, I think it's also important to know when to shrug it off and realise that it's nothing more than a marketing strategy.
But the point is that the lasting power isn't amazing, but I find it's better than most drugstore concealers, and can be made better by a primer and good blending.

Overall, pretty great drugstore product, just a shame that it's a little drying.

I hated this concealer because it made my under eye area look dry and cakey when I used this which no concealer has. It was also patchy.

on 2/4/2013 6:22:00 AM

I don't have too many things to cover on my face but my dark circles, and this one is a nightmare for my dark circles. Too thick, too light. Maybe it fits someone who needs exteme coverage all over his or her face...Anyway I won't buy it again definitely.

on 2/2/2013 1:55:00 PM

I love this concealer for under my eyes. I only use it under my eyes because I find cream concealers are better for blemishes and facial imperfections. This concealer is medium to full coverage and it LASTS all day! The color selection is lacking and the shade I use has a strong pink undertone but it works perfectly to brighten my under-eye area.