April 21, 2014 | 1353 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by jklegraefe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, I loved this concealer! It hid like, everything. Then, after a week or so, I tried out a new concealer, and I put one on one eye, and the other on the other. I compared both, and this concealer, I noticed, even with powder and foundation over it, does not blend out into the skin, so you see a line! It made my skin look crusty, and I realized its way too dry for my skin, which is surprising! Its great for concealing though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice matte concealer. It has serious staying power and is one of the most opaque concealers I've ever used.

Shade Ivory is VERY light- maybe the lightest drugstore concealer I've seen. It's nice that it doesn't turn pink or yellow. It doesn't oxidize either.
The only reasons I took 1 lippie off is bc this dries so quickly it can be difficult to blend. Your skin needs to be well moisturized and you need to work quickly. Also, it's easy to apply too much product. The concealer is great for pimples & undereyes. However for undereyes I advise you to use a light hand & pat it with a finger. Brushes don't seem to work well, as the product will sit on the skin.
I recommend this for those with normal to oily skin. Probably not good for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Mochahonats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

This was my 2nd try usingn a concealer and it's steps above the 1stmone I tried. I like using the wand to dot I on then my finger to blend it in. I use it after my primer and foundation then use a powder to set it all. I've gotten great coverage with it especially under my eyes and on red blemishes . It blends easily and does what it's supposed to. The shade I bought is a touch too light but it works for me bc it's kind of like a highlighter under my eyes :))

I'll buy it again in the next shade up and see how that goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by slightlystarry

I'm pretty surprised at the generally good response this concealer has gotten here. I bought this about 3 months ago, hoping that it would be a good replacement for the now discontinued Maybelline Mineral Power concealer. Unfortunately, it definitely is not.

First of all, I don't find that this concealer lasts any longer than normal ones that do not claim to have long-lasting effects. Applied to bare skin it will last about 3 hours before fading, applied to primer I have found it lasts maybe 4.5--either way a long shot from the 24 hour marketing.

Second, I don't like the way this product applies. It is very dry, so you have to work very quickly to blend it in before it starts to become tacky. This would be find if you could work it in layers, but unfortunately it cakes on horribly and makes both my under-eye area and my blemishes look like they are about to flake off my face.

The one good point is that the coverage is fairly good. While the tone of the concealer doesn't make it a great under-eye product, it does do fairly well with getting rid of redness.

Bottom line is that I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2012 1:15:00 PM More reviews by MadameDesu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

*sigh*
I have a love/hate relationship with this product. I was just beginning my never-ending crusade for the perfect undereye concealer when I read an article by a beauty blogger touting this as her HG. I originally bought it in Ivory, which ended up being *way* too light. Cream is still a little light, but it's a close match.
I can't use this with much success on my undereye area for some reason. I'll usually dot it on with the wand and then (try) to blend with my finger. It looks great for about a minute, then I look closer and it's become a splotchy, nasty, chalky, cakey mess. I feel embarrassed walking around with it on.
I've been putting it on after foundation, and I think the key may be to put it on *before*. I tried that today and the chalkiness is much less pronounced.
Coverage is good, medium to full. There isn't any shimmer in it.
It's a decent product and one I'll try to work with (mixing eye cream with it maybe?)
On a side note, this is EXCELLENT for pimples, blemishes, and redness when used under foundation. I definitely recommend it for that.

UPDATE: Have been using it as previously described, mixing it with my eye cream, applying, and then putting a second layer over that, and then my foundation. The effect is MUCH nicer that using it over foundation. Still, it can make my undereyes look dry, and the coverage is only average. Not good enough for me, but I'm pretty picky as far as my dark circles go.
I would still highly recommend this for blemishes and areas of redness.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by honeyjaffar

very long lasting full coverage and dosent cake if you apply it well with a powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by MasksOffMasksOn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in 2.
I think this concealer is really good. The truth is I don't have a problem to conceal underneath my eyes so I can't say how this will work on dark circles... I mainly use it to lighten the area underneath the eyes.
It dries really fast so you need to work with it quickly.
I find this concealer to be a little dry, so I don't think I'll use it on people with wrinkles underneath the eyes.

I don't like it's packaging, for you can't get all of the product out of it, and that is why I took one point off...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to try based on reviews I've seen here and I was very glad I did. This is one of the best concealers I've ever used. It doesn't settle into my fine lines, gives excellent coverage for pimples and for around the eye area and it lasts all day. For those having trouble with the blending or with it drying too quickly, I recommend using a damp concealer brush to apply. I use the damp brush and have no issues with it drying too fast to blend. The Ivory shade is also perfect for my uber fair skin and doesn't turn orange or too yellow. I will definitely repurchase this and recommend it to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by katiekiley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am constantly in search of long-wearing makeup, as my face seems to be prone to makeup fading, smudging, creasing, etc. and this concealer delivers! It didn't settle into lines, and covers beautifully, even resisting chalkiness or crepey look when layered for fuller coverage. It does smudge if rubbed, but not nearly as much as some more expensive brands like EL Double Wear. It is a bit on the dry side, so blend quickly, but if that's its only fault, I think it qualifies as a winner. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by DianaBbyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concealer is GREAT! second best i've tried :) it covers amazing! you have to use the product right though. By that I mean work fast with it because it does dry fast once applied & layer on light layers to get the best results. don't overuse it all at once because it will get cakey quick. I will definitely buy this product again just in a tad bit darker shade.