September 2, 2014 | 1171 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #130 Short Duo Fibre Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Moxie1

Before purchasing this brush, I was using my fingers for cream blushes/bronzers/highlighters. What I was finding was that I applied too much product when I used my fingers and ended up with uneven pigmentation on either side of my face and a heavy application. With this brush, application is so much more sheer and natural and it gives my cheeks a healthy glow kind of look instead of an uneven and blotchy one. The brush has not shead for me at all and is so soft! I made such a big deal about it that my boyfriend let me sweep the brush over his face to prove how soft it was. He is usually very "macho" (or atleast he tries to be) and it was cool to see him interested in something girly that I was excited about. Overall, very nice brush, a bit pricey for my budget but atleast I won't have to by another brush for my cream products for a very long time, so it's justifiable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

brilliant unique brush i use it for cream products, mainly my mac mineralize cream foundation spf 15 in mac NC40 really good for getting full coverage and into all the nooks, i think you can use however you want stipple and swirll even stroke product onto your face it will give you an airbrushed finish my 190 is now redundant. i alternate this with the 187 which is equally as good i use that when im short of time as it covers the area of my face quicker but gives more medium coverage and requires buidling. both are also great for buffing in cream blushes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love it ) Now it takes me 3 minutes to apply foundation (I'm using Shu Uemura Face Architect either MAC Mineralize foundation SPF 15). I just buff it inside of the brush from my hand, then buff into face and blend with light circular motions afterwards. Finish is really PERFECT, I woudln't ask for more...and it stays on forever, I can tell. Usually I would have to fix the makeup after 3 hours as long as I live in tropical climate where everything just melts like crazy, but now I don't even actually need to touch my face the whole day.

I would definitely repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This thing is FREAKING TINY.. It would take days to apply foundation. I don't even use it for blushes, I think it's way too small for that too. I'm using it for highlights, like msf and lustre drops. But the 188 works just as well for that purpose. This was a waste of money. I tried applying foundation with this but it took freakn forever. I have no patience whatsoever so I will not be using this brush for all over the face. If they made this much bigger, then it might just work. But seriously there's nothing this brush can do that the other mac brushs can't. And for $38 I expect much better.
EDIT: I disliked this brush now I hate it. I used to it apply studio sculpt and being that it is a heavy foundation, I thought that's why it applied very streaky. But I tried different foundations too, studio fix, mac face& body, MUFE HD, MUFE mat velvet, and revlon photoready and ALL of them came on
extremely streaky. I had to use a kabuki to buff it all in. Cream blush applicatio also comes on streaky and verry unnatural looking because it the brush doesn't blend it in right. I think I'll just use this for powder blush/highlighters, but for the intended purpose the brush was released for SUCKS.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by rrzhao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Just Love this brush, it is the perfect brush for foundation,

I used liquid, cream, or powder foundation, they all looks perfect when I use 130 to put on,

now I left my lamcome foundation brush behind, and will stay with this 130 forever,

will buy it again and again, recommend to anyone who want flawless and good coverage make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by DeeVine1217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

1 word: LOOOVE.

I use this to apply cream blushes and it is amazing. I used to use the 188 brush to help blend it in but found that I had to spend a lot of time blending due to the light touch resulting from the long bristles. Problem solved with this one! The brush is dense and spreads/blends color out evenly and quickly. The size is also perfect for the cheek area.

I just tap the color onto my cheeks with my finger and blend with the 130 - voila, I have a pretty and natural flush.

I would definitely recommend this brush to anyone who likes to use cream products on their cheeks. It is a little small to apply foundation though so I wouldn't recommend it for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Vintagexx

I LOVE THIS BRUSH ! ! I could never figure out how to apply my creme products flawlessly . I always used my finger or a sponge. But then I found this little guy and i'm in LOVE !! amazing blends perfectly , but does shed a little :/ only downside. But it's def. worth the money ! I haven't found anything like it !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by RubyJuly89

I just purchased this brush a few hours before writing this review and I absolutely love it!
It really is fantastic for applying foundation.

Since I have acne scarring and large pores and was looking for a brush to make applying my foundation a little easier and something to give me better coverage. My foundation is a full coverage but, I find that when I apply it with my fingers it doesn't seem ti help cover the large pores I have. Even though I use M.A.C Prep+Prime Skin.

I was hesitant of the #187 as it seemed a little to "floppy" for my needs. When I went my local M.A.C counter I was thrilled to find they had just one #130 left in stock. So I picked it up, and I am so glad I did. I tested it out when I got home. I removed all of my foundation then used my primer and applied the foundation using the #130. I actually ended up using LESS foundation than I normally do and I got much better coverage.

I know the price is steep but it is great, I should add, I did not have any shedding in my first use.

AWESOME BRUSH!!!!!!!
THEY REALLY SHOULD MAKE IT PERMANENT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by donchica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this brush, and i hope they make it permanent. I dont bliv in stupidly buying backups, so I prefer to have one at a time. I primarily bought it for use with foundations, since I have a small face...and it really is beautiful and easy to use. I got the 187 and hated it, I found it made me use a lot of product, but thats not the case with this one. I use it for both foundation and studio finish concealer on top. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by AngelOnFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Despite being previously disappointed with MAC's other brushes I have (#217 and #239), I gave in and bought the #130 and #131. I guess the 'limited edition' got to me, and aside from that, I only had one duo-fibre brush, the Sigma SS188 back then. To justify this rather expensive purchase at 27 even further, we don't have Studio Tools or Sonka Kashuk here in the UK. Heck, even Ecotools is hard to come by!

The first thought that came to my head when I saw the brush is how small and short the brush head actually is. Another unique thing about it is how incredibly dense the bristles are. It doesn't have nearly as much 'give' as other duo-fiber / stippling / skunk brushes I've encountered. First, I tried it with creme blush, which was rather disappointing. It is too dense for really pigmented blushes, and it's shape and stiffness aren't ideal for blending. If you want a duo-fiber brush that is perfect for creme and powder blush, get the #131 instead.

However, the #130 shines when it comes to performing another task: Applying foundation. As much as I love my Perscriptives foundation brush, it leaves me with streaks. The #130 gives me a perfect finish. It is too small to stipple foundation on, so the only way to use it effectively is to buff and blend in circular motions. The density of the brush gives a greater coverage than other stippling or regular foundation brushes, and streaks are a thing of the past once you buff them out. I've used it so far with Laura Mercier's Oil-Free Foundation, MAC's Studio Sculpt and NARS Firming Foundation. I never got the LM to look right without a damp sponge, and the NARS is best used with fingers. But so far, all off these foundations love the #130.

However, there are a few niggles that I have with the #130. It's too small. Whilst applying foundation doesn't take any longer than with other brushes (given that you work quickly), the thick handle isn't ergonomic for me and makes my hand hurt. Besides that, it SHEDS. It looses one or two hairs with every application, and there's nothing more annoying than picking small, black hairs from your face.

To sum it up, this is a good purchase, worth the 27 pounds I shelled out for it. And whilst the brush itself isn't perfect, the finish it gives when you apply foundation surely is!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No