October 21, 2014 | 1579 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by morganreason

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it. this is my HG tinted moisterizer. if i am running late, i just put this on my face and go! it leaves a very pretty dewy finish with light coverage. it doesnt look like you have too much on, but very natural. it is a little bit on the pricy side, but sometimes you can find them BOGO or 50% off. i keep this in my purse just as a touch up during the day. warning-it can be sticky, just use a moisterizer under it and youre good to go :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jordandean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a little thicker than most tinted moisturizers I have tried. I apply it with a damp foundation sponge and get that light coverage I am looking for. You could use more and it would work as a medium coverage foundation. The colors do run darker than most so instead of buying light to natural I went for the lightest which is fair to light. I thank everyone here who warned me of this phenomenon! I am not sure how much SPF 50 protection I am getting since I am using s pretty small amount of this product. I layer it over sunscreen though so I am not too concerned. It is in a cute and easy to use orange pump bottle. There is no strong scent that I can smell and it seems to stay put all day once I set it with a little powder. This is a little expensive for drugstore base running about $13-15 in my stores. I swapped for it as it had gotten mixed reviews here. I think the key is knowing it runs dark and buying one step lighter than you might normally. As there are only 4 colors this won't suit all skin colors. I like it and plan to take it on vacation as with a high SPF I love it for day time!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I caved to peer pressure and decided to give this a try since it receives a lot of love on the makeup boards. This product seems to have a very poor color selection. I am NC35 in MAC or a medium warm skintone with olive undertones. I bought Neutral to Tan, which is the darkest shade in this product. I know it's Tinted Moisturizer so it should just blend, but it still seems sad when I wear the darkest shade. This stuff feels oily just coming out of the container. It smears onto the skin and does not feel good going on. I'm not a fan. On top of that, I'm oily to begin with and this stuff makes me an absolute grease-ball all day long. It also seems to streak very easily. It doesn't blend well and I always end up with streaks somewhere on my face. I don't have this problem with other foundations. It might have a high SPF but it's primarily chemical sunscreen, which my skin seems to hate.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Katzie105

I probably would not buy this again. I purchased it because of the cute packaging with a pump and because of the spf 50 to protect my face.

I liked it in the beginning but then again, when I started using it, my skin was beautiful. I've since broken out a little bit due to monthly hormones and this stuff has basically no coverage. It goes on your face and just disappears while covering nothing.

I went back to using my L'oreal True Match which covers blemishes wonderfully.

Also, I noticed that this stuff makes your skin SUPER greasy. I don't have oily skin at all. I'm combination leaning heavily towards the dry zone. I used this on my face and used all my other normal make up and by midday I felt like I could take a knife and literally scrape off so much oil and disgustingness. I went into the bathroom at work and my face literally looked like it was melting off. SO greasy, shiny, no coverage, it was an absolute disaster. I'm surprised with all that grease that my face didn't completely erupt in acne.

Another reviewer described this stuff on her face as a "hot mess" and I completely agree.

The cost of this stuff is also way too high ($17!!) to buy again for such limited coverage and for making you look like a dirty, unshowered bum mere hours later. Pretty disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by monicavasco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in promotion (2 for 15 US$) in NYC, colour tan; you use just a litlle drop of it in any of skin face areas, and it almost disapear, and you look gourgeous. I didn't like the smell (but it is not smelling like sun screens). Everybody comments my skin ws beautiful...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely adore the powder foundation of this line, and wasn't really keen on buying this TM because I had heard that it runs really dark. Then I visited a friend who had it and asked to try it out as I was curious (I love the powder, after all!). She had it in ivory to fair, and to my surprise it wasn't AS dark as I thought it would be. I didn't realize there was a shade lighter than fair to light, which is laughably dark. Intrigued, I bought this in ivory to fair. It looks dark when you've just put it on, but I find that if I put a setting powder over it it becomes acceptable. I still wouldn't recommend this to really pale girls, but I'm so glad I got this stuff. I've used it almost every day since I got it. When I first tried it on I was appalled because this stuff looked so.. wet. It is seriously shiny upon application. But I could immediately see that the coverage is really good. It didn't leave my face feeling goopy or dry and tight either, it was a good balance that you would expect from a TM. When I spot concealed (breaking out right now D:) and applied a setting powder (I feel like loose powder actually looks best over this TM, but the powder foundation in this line works well too) it looked GREAT. My face was bright, even-toned, and my pores were minimized. It looks almost NO different than when I first applied even toward the end of the day. It doesn't fade or settle into my laugh lines and if it does it touches up well. It does get shiny throughout the day (which you'd expect after it looking so wet upon application), but even when I blot it with blotting papers or toilet paper, it doesn't come off and make me look like a patchy freak. It's like this TM manages to do almost all the things I wish foundations would do. And it has mostly physical SPF 50..! Bless you, Phyisician's Formula. This line is such a winner if you can find a color match.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 11:58:00 AM More reviews by ladydayholiday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

When I purchased this initially I didn't like it because of the color, but when I started using a lighter shade of powder foundation to set it, it evened out the color and keeps it from fading. I usually only use powder foundations but using this means I can skip the extra steps of moisturizing and sunscreen beforehand. The only problem is that the sunscreen in this (OCTINOXATE 7.5%, OCTOCRYLENE 8.5%) makes my skin oily. I tend to only use zinc and titanium dioxide-based sunscreen because it doesn't make my skin produce as much oil. This would be my HG tinted moisturizer if they reformulated with titanium dioxide or zinc as the only active ingredients.

Edit: I've since switched back to L'Oreal, because it's easier and quicker to just start with a color that matches my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not like this Tinted Moisturizer at all, and I eventually had to throw it away. First, the smell is a big turn off. It is very strong, to the point that I could still catch whiffs of it hours after application. It does do a good job of coverage, but that is the only positive for me. It makes my skin feel extremely oily throughout the day and I have pretty normal skin. I have to put moisturizer underneath, but I think most tinted moisturizers require a little more help. I had to purchase the very lightest shade provided; I believe it's Ivory to Fair. I usually wear Bare Escentuals foundation in Medium Beige and Laura Mercier Oil Free foundation in Sunny Beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2010 11:59:00 PM More reviews by borntobeganji

yup, this product is alright.
I'm a very harsh rater when it comes to cosmetics,
since I have an acne-prone and sensitive skin
(even some oilfree and non-come stuffs break me out)
Pros
-pretty gentle and harmless for face
(notice that titanium oxide and zinc oxide are main ingredients.
They are physical sunscreens, much more gentle than
chemical sunscreens.)
-fine coverage (not full coverage, but evens out tone/ helps texture)
Cons
-yes, like many reviewrs said, it feels oily.
-and yes, you should pick three shades lighter than you are

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by NoelleyS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I switched to this over the summer and use it alone or under the matching powder foundation.

Pros:

Excellent packaging: hygienic pump that actually works and allows you to control the amount, plus it's cheery and cute.

Great SPF: Has really protected against sunburn - and I've been outdoors a lot lately.

Water/Sweatproof: Worn this to the beach, hiking, and even playing soccer and it held up quite well.

Coverage: Slightly more than most TMs - covers small imperfections, all redness and little spots; really evens out tone.

Cons:

Color selection: Not quite a match... but this problem is solved when under the foundation.

Application: Hard to blend w/fingers, and looks streaky w/brush. As long as you have time to work it in with a small foundation brush by stippling it's OK though; like sunscreen.

Seems to accentuate wrinkles and dry areas

Leaves me feeling very oily by midday. However, when I look in the mirror it doesn't look as bad as I feel, but I have to blot at least once or twice between classes.

Bottom Line: My go-to all summer, but the search continues.

P.s. Compliments! "Natural-looking" "Beautiful skin" "So fresh"

Edit: keeping the extra oiliness at bay with blotting and powder is getting old... I probably won't even finish what I have :(