December 21, 2014 | 1502 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this primer because it was on offer and I had heard good reviews, unfortunately it doesn't work with my skin at all!

It made my foundation cakey, broke me out in spots and a few hours later my face was like an oil slick. My skin generally isn't oily, in fact it is quite dry in places so I can't imagine anyone with oily skin benefiting from using this. It probably is best suited to wrinkly skin.

Overall, a waste of money. There is much better primers available.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

saw a youtuber use this to keep her oily face matte and i read reviews before buying. my two objectives was matteness and filler for undereye. did it work? YES! ok yes this is full of 'cones but i am not using this for every day wear, no way. i bought this for "special occasion" wear. i dabbed it on my face concentrating on my t-zone (for the oilies) and under/around my eyes. let it "set" for a couple of minutes and then put my foundation and concealer on. this stuff is AMAZE-balls. it left my face a super smooth canvas for the makeup and there was no creasing around my eyes at all! kept me matte ALL night. i started dancing and sweating like a pig towards the end of the night, but even then, my foundation wasn't a hot oily mess, i just had beads of sweat on my nose and hairline. if i wore this everyday i would probably end up breaking out but for the occasional special use? totally worth buying. just gives you that nice, smooth matte surface! going to buy one for my mom to smooth out her eye area :) i have no issues with the pot, its not THAT small. i mean, bobbi browns gel eyeliner is smaller than this pot and costs more so whats the complaint?! you barely use that much for your entire face.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first primer I ever purchased. I wore this for about a month before I realized I didn't need to. For me, this product didn't do anything for my face when alone or under makeup. It didn't worsen blemishes or make my makeup fall apart but it truly feels to me just like an extra layer on my face. And although the velvety feel of it is attributed to silicon, I felt like it did sit in my pores when I had it on. I have since used other drugstore face primers that I get the sensation of usefulness out of, I don't know what it is about this one. The texture is nice but the packaging is a bit inconvenient. Didn't do anything for me, won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

So I bought this in an attempt to look for a cheaper alternative to Clarins smoothing base. I have combination skin but I would not use this in all my face. I bought this because lately I have been suffering from dry skin around the eyes and this seems to help my concealer.

Considering the brand it is quite expensive, but Clarins product is twice the price for the same amount. So far I would recommend this as a filler for wrinkles and dry patches.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by eelisgood

Pros: I liked the texture of the primer and how smoothly it applied to my face.
Cons: I generally put the product on my T-zone area because that's where I tend to get oily the most. It seemed to make my skin MORE oily than if I didn't use this primer. I don't recommend for oily/combination skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by janeth0185

AWFUL face primer. this primer made my foundation look cakey, and also it just never fellt like it would dry on my skin .Also the packaging is so small, i just hate evrything about it! ive tried other face primers before but this one to say has been the worst one! I immediatly returned it . i after went to buy benefits Porefessional face primer and im really loving this one so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by rasinahfirdaus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the texture of this primer. It has a smooth and velvety texture which melts a bit when applied. I like how my makeup does stay on longer when applied with this primer. I use this on my lips too and it softens them as well. I hate the packaging though. It's absolutely awful. I find that constantly having to dip my fingers into the jar is unsanitary. I also hate how this small tub is super heavy. The jar is also made of glass so you have to be extra careful with it. I accidentally dropped the jar the other day and the lid cracked. Definitely isn't travel-friendly. I paid 21 USD for this and I find that the price is a bit unreasonable considering the cheap packaging and the amount of product which I actually get which is very little. However the product does do a good job for everyday use and it is cheaper than Benefit's porefessional (I am a student so I can't afford to purchase Benefit repeatedly). Overall I still like the product and will probably repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure this is the same product sold in New Zealand as 'Base Magique'. I'm a bit on the fence about it, worn alone (over moisturizer) it seems to make a difference, blurring imperfections slightly and making pores less visible. However it doesn't seem to make my foundation last better during the day, and while it feels like foundation goes on more smoothly, I don't really see much of a difference in the finished texture of my skin.

The jar packaging doesn't really bother me, I just use a cotton-but to scoop out what I need.

Bottom line for me is this is a nice to have rather than a must have. I doubt whether I'll re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by aleks18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

With this primer, I never know how much is a good amount. Like others said, the packaging sucks.

The only good use I found was to put this primer on before I put on my St. Tropez bronzer. Weird, but it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Arganique

Who designed the packaging? It sucks! The fact that you have to dip your fingers into this tiny jar is so unsanitary and messy! Especially if you have longer than average fingernails! Yuck.

The product didn't work for me. When putting it on, it did make my skin feel slicker and smoother, but upon touch I could totally feel the "film"... feels very unnatural...not a fan. Then, when I put my liquid foundation on, oh the horror! It doesn't blend at all. It cakes, smears, and then flakes off along with the primer.

I have to be honest, I tried this product a few times - maybe 5 or 6, every time hoping that maybe I'm doing something wrong, so I try doing it a little differently:

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Brush.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Sponge.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with Fingers.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Hate it. Won't be repurchasing.