October 20, 2014 | 1953 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by aleks18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

With this primer, I never know how much is a good amount. Like others said, the packaging sucks.

The only good use I found was to put this primer on before I put on my St. Tropez bronzer. Weird, but it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Arganique

Who designed the packaging? It sucks! The fact that you have to dip your fingers into this tiny jar is so unsanitary and messy! Especially if you have longer than average fingernails! Yuck.

The product didn't work for me. When putting it on, it did make my skin feel slicker and smoother, but upon touch I could totally feel the "film"... feels very unnatural...not a fan. Then, when I put my liquid foundation on, oh the horror! It doesn't blend at all. It cakes, smears, and then flakes off along with the primer.

I have to be honest, I tried this product a few times - maybe 5 or 6, every time hoping that maybe I'm doing something wrong, so I try doing it a little differently:

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Brush.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with a Foundation Sponge.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Put on a pea size of primer, wait to dry, apply liquid foundation with Fingers.... FAIL. Smears, cakes, flakes.

Hate it. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by alyssamspencer

This primer isn't bad, but there is much better. It is a bit oily for my skin and isn't as effective as urban decay's primers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

This is my first primer I've tried. Its very siliconey and it made my skin feel heavy. I didn't notice a difference between using this then foundation or just foundation. Meh its good for an eye primer though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by jesssala

I ran out of my Avon Magix so I decided to try this Magic Perfecting because I don't have an Avon lady right now, plus I had an event coming up and needed it pronto. I don't like this L'Oreal perfecting base. It's crumbly, it gets stuck under my fingernails, it's hard to scoop out of the small jar. I can't wait to use it up and get back to the Avon one which is much better and cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is either a hit or miss. I'm glad it actually work well for me.
Pros:
-smooth out skin instantly.
-makeup goes on nice an easy.
-the finish is flawless.
-no particular smell.
-only need to use a small amount.

Cons:
-pricey for the amount you are getting. Over $10 for 0.5 oz.
-inconvenient to bring with for traveling.
-have to use finger to dig it out. Doesn't feel clean.
-does not help to keep your makeup last all day. Maybe 2-3 hours extra than no primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's so hard to get product out because the container is so tiny and even if I go in and scoop out the primer it gets stuck in my fingernails and it's kind of unsanitary as well. The pro is that the texture goes on really smooth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second primer (first being Rimmel) and I adore it. I got it from Ulta, held on to it for about six months, and finally used it this past summer. Love. It makes my skin smooth and matte, minimizes my pores and doesn't change the color of my makeup or take too long to dry.

I smooth a bit on with my fingers and my skin is transformed and ready for whatever type of foundation I put on.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:52:00 AM More reviews by amandaserizawa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this primer will do the job but it doesn't.. after a few minutes my skin will be oily and my makeup will fade.. I don't know what foundation or makeup can last .. help me.. :'(

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 7:32:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this primer as it was recommended by a friend who could not stop singing its praises. Sadly, for me, this primer didn't work. It was a decent price for a L'oreal product at around £7 and you get a decent amount. The packaging was ok but I would've preferred a pump bottle. It also smells weird as well...

Anyway, on to the actual product. This primer is like a white paste that claims to even out skintone and provide a good base for makeup.
I couldn't stand rubbing in this primer as it never felt fully absorbed and sometimes little clumps of product would sit on my skin. I tried applying this with my fingers and a few different brushes but nothing really worked. If I used a foundation brush then this primer would never sink in!

After application, my face didn't look or feel any better. I couldn't tell I had any primer on and my skintone was unchanged. Even when you start applying foundation, you can't see or feel any real benefits. This primer didn't make it into my daily routine and eventually, I threw it away.

I wouldn't repurchase or recommend as I saw no positive or even negative impacts. Nothing at all.