Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 10/28/2011 8:39:00 AM

I really liked the original formulation, that they now discontinued .

There's too many added ingredients in the new formulation.

They should of continued to offer both.

on 10/18/2011 11:23:00 PM

Though expensive (around 25.00) this is absolutely the best makeup I have ever used! I applied with a big round makeup brush and found that it covered my skin evenly without looking cakey. It looked so natural, in fact, many people would approach me in public and tell me how flawless my skin looked and ask how I did it! It also kept my forehead shine free and is one of the few products that hasn't caused a pimple breakout on the oilier parts of my face. The range of colors is quite limited and it is pricey but overall I highly recomend this product!

on 10/15/2011 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have to say this is the best mineral foundation I've tried. The coverage is good and can be built up on my blemishes without looking cakey. It goes on like butter and feels great all day long, like you aren't wearing anything. I love how it doesn't give that annoying sheen most minerals do and has the most natural finish of any foundation, liquid or powder. The compact is not messy like loose powders, you can travel with it and not worry that it will end up all over your bag. These seem to last me longer than the loose powders since i'm not wasting product. They have recently added a few new colors to the line. Even with the color additions their selection is sparse and I have to blend golden medium and porcelain to get my match. (light looks too pink on me) My only complaint is that my oil breaks through rather quickly and I have to be careful while blotting because it will move or get lifted away. I use my ecotools bronzer brush to apply and it looks flawless every time. This is a def repurchase for me!

on 10/14/2011 11:03:00 AM

When I first tried this product I was happily surprised with how well it matches my skin tone, I've tried so many other foundations and this is by far the only true match =) I used this product for 6 weeks and I was loving it, great coverage, not too heavy, soft and a true match. But I've been suffering from adult acne and I started getting very frequent, severe break outs; I couldn't tell what was causing the break outs since I was also using a new cream. I stopped using both and changed my acne treatment, now that my acne is a little better I started using this foundation again, so far it's been ok, I truly wish this is not what makes me break out because I like it so much. I'll update in a couple of weeks with my conclusion, and if everything goes well I'll give this foundation another lippie, to complete 5, because I love it!

on 10/12/2011 6:49:00 PM

I love this makeup. I have blotchy skin with old redness from acne and this makeup covers it nicely without looking heavy. It's a nice natural look. I use Light and that works well on my fair skin. This make up feels good on. I started in mineral makeup with Bare Minerals and while I liked that pretty well, to me the PUR is even easier and looks great. I keep trial size in my purse for touch-ups.

on 10/4/2011 7:56:00 PM

Okay, I love this product so much that I went to Ulta and had them try to mix two different colors on me SO THAT I COULD WEAR THE STUFF. That is how much I love this stuff. The PUR minerals freelancer mixed the new tan with light and it made me glow. No doubt. I love the way it makes my skin look. I use an old Prescriptives buff brush I bough fifteen years ago, and it looks beautiful. At work, I use the TooFaced kabuki brush and it looks even better. I represent several lines at my department store and kept coming back to this one. Ulta had more updated product than I did and I had to try this out. I feel so beautiful now. My imperfections are smoothed over and I look well... magical if that even makes sense.I am 47 so I needed something to give my look a kick in the pants yet look natural.

on 9/28/2011 6:10:00 PM

Ok, so I was just in Ulta today, and found out that Pur has come out with two new colors!!!! LIGHT TAN is a color between tan and golden medium FINALLY. It is very golden, yet seems to be just a touch darker then the golden medium. This is great news for me (and I think a lot of others) who always found the golden medium to be too pinkish, and the tan to be waaayyy too dark. I am so excited! I have been using Pur on and off for a couple years now, and was about to give up on them bc of the color range. I had to get tan and light and mix to get the right color without the weird pinkish/orange undertone in the medium shades, but NO LONGER. As for the actual foundation, it is amazing. Creamy, decent coverage, natural look, and fast to apply. Everything I want in an everyday foundation becuase it can get me out the door, looking polished, in under 10 minutes. Skip the brush, its a piece of crap in my opinion. I use my MAC 182. This lasts on my moderatly oily skin all day, and any oil breakthrough somehow makes the powder look better. HG for sure, especially now with the new shades. Thanks Pur for listening to your customers and providing more colors!

on 9/22/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow. HG foundation? Absolutely! I've been using this for about two weeks now. I got a sample of this in a Birchbox in Blush Medium, and was skeptical, since all foundations I had tried had been cakey or heavy feeling. Just a heads up, I already have really good skin. However, I brushed this on my face, and it covered pretty much all unevenness and flaws in my skin, all the while looking extremely natural! It matched my skintone perfectly (good job, Birchbox!). I use my $3 ELF Studio Line Powder Brush to apply this, and it comes out looking amazing! It's never made me break out or had any other negative effects on my skin. Day by day as I use this, any blemishes I have will reduce at the same amount as they would if I wore nothing on my face. It feels like you're wearing nothing at all, it's incredible! I love that the full-size version (which I bought) comes with a mirror and a sponge.
Since I hate fussing around with loose powder, this pressed foundation was absolutely perfect for me! The only issue I have is my face has a bit of shininess towards the end of the day, but if I use a mattifying powder on top of the foundation, it's fine. It doesn't really bother me, since it's not so much oily as a bit shiny looking. I think this is due to the shea butter in it. So I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin. I don't use a lot of foundation every day, so I still have a decent amount left in my sample size (haven't even hit pan yet!). I'm going to start using the full-size one I bought and keep the other one for travel. If I ever hear of this being discontinued, I'm probably going to run out and buy a ton of backups, because I am seriously in love with this foundation. Great product.

on 9/21/2011 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Update (1/22/12): I had to change my rating down to a 3 here, since when they changed their formula last year, they also changed their colors, and consequently I no longer have a color here. My usual, Porcelain, became too yellow, like every other foundation. So I'm going to have to rate this average now. My original review follows...
I've been using this for 2 weeks now and so far I absolutely love it. I have naturally good skin to begin with, granted, but this is the only foundation I have ever found which has matched my complexion perfectly. Literally every other foundation in every other brand I have tried, and I've tried lots, is too dark and too yellow on me even in the lightest shade offered. I'm quite possibly the whitest white person you'll ever meet, and let me tell you, it's impossible to find matching foundations. Companies just can't seem to fathom that someone might be both pale and cool-toned at the same time, even though many women are. It gets irritating...
So irritating in fact that I walked into Ulta and, without even shopping around first, went right to the salesgirl and asked her to find me a foundation that would match, regardless of brand, price, or formulation. She stood there scratching her head for a bit and then tried a few things on my cheek. I don't remember all that she put on me, but the problem was the same - the palest shade in at least 4 lines was too dark and too yellowy. Finally she tried PurMinerals 4-in-1 in Porcelain, and it was an instant perfect match! By then a small crowd of SAs had gathered to watch, and they all agreed that this was by far the best match yet. So I bought the 4 piece starter kit and got the hell out of there.
Like I said, my skin is good, but pink, with red blotches in certain areas. It's also oily, in a decidedly non-combination way, which makes me pretty shiny, which I don't altogether dislike, but sometimes it just gets to be too much. Although others have complained about it, I love the fact that this foundation is light coverage. It has just enough tint to cover up the red spots and unevenness without making my whole face look coated in powder. It also seems to improve with time; as it sets it blends into my skin even better, letting my natural shine show through slightly without betraying the uneven tone beneath.
I decided to buy the "Start Now!" 4 piece kit because it was only $1 more than the full-size foundation by itself, but also came with a brush, bronzer, and a blush. That was definitely the right choice for me, I see now. I need to use the whole set together to get the effect I want, since if I used the foundation alone I'd be ghostly white. But having a bronzer and blush allows me to add back more color as needed. The bronzer and blush are the perfect complements to the foundation and are going to last forever. I also love the brush. It gives just the right amount of product with every application, so I don't wind up with streaks, just even, beautiful skin. Lastly, while I'm very oily, I almost never get blemishes (thank God... or my mom) and unlike some other foundations I've tried, this hasn't given me a pimple yet, even when I wear it overnight. Also I can get away with putting it on the night before work so I don't have to take the time in the morning (when I'm usually feeling too lazy to care) and when I wake up it's still there and set beautifully. I'm very happy with this purchase, as you can tell. :)
While this is an obvious 5-star product for me, I'm officially giving it 4 stars overall, however, since I think others will find the color selection somewhat limited. (They make a product with two shades in one compact, so you can blend as needed if you're between colors, but who wants to bother with that?) Also, I believe that this foundation works the best on oily skins. If your skin is dry, the titanium dioxide in this will probably just accentuate it. Furthermore, while the foundation, blush, brush, and bronzer are awesome, I got a sample of the primer for free with my purchase and, in my opinion, it is completely useless. So instead of their primer I just use straight argan oil all over my face, rubbed in well, and given time to dry. This helps the makeup to stay put for hours, without streaking during the application. Without primer of some sort, it sometimes seems to just disappear after a few hours. Yet, I would not recommend their primer. That's confusing for the consumer. And I hate when the various products in a line can't be trusted to work together properly. I also hate the price. Although I will keep buying PurMinerals because it is the elusive perfect shade for me and lasts a long time, $26 for a powder foundation is just excessive. (Still cheaper than bareMinerals though.)
I'd still recommend everyone give this a try though, especially those with pale pink skin like me. If it works for you you'll probably love it. And if it doesn't, you can always return it.

on 9/20/2011 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought the 4 piece trial set which included a foundation in Porcelain, a marble blush in Pink, the chisel brush and a bronzer.
Color: I am between NC15 and NC20. I surveyed a few people and no one said the foundation was too light on me, even though I thought it was. I could tell something was off, and I realized the foundation was too pink for me. Note: MAC NC shades are too yellow for me but I am closer to NC than NW. I have fair slightly olive skin. So, I picked up a travel size in Light and it is a much better match, it might be a little dark once summer is over but for NC20 "Light" is perfect. I could probably pull off Porceline but it bothers me with it's slight pink tone.
Formula: I LOVE this foundation... once I tossed that silly brush that Pur Minerals sells. Yuk on the brush. It shed, applied too much product... well, that's a whole other review. I use my Everyday Minerals Kabuki Brush (12 dollars) and WOW I love this foundation. I have combination acne prone skin. Flaky in areas and oily in others. I keep this foundation in my makeup bag for days I don't have time and need to get to the office. It's fast and (once I changed the brush) not messy! The perfect mineral makeup! Plus, it does not make my skin itch unlike Bare Minerals. It lasts all day on me and I think this would be great on skin of any age. It is not shiny at all but not 100% matte either. Wonderful product!!! Wish they had a very fair "warm" shade :( and stay clear of that awful brush! Seriously, I thought it was the foundation but once I changed brushes I was amazed by this product! Will repurchase!