Pur Minerals Pressed Powder Foundation

3.9

ORIGINAL FORMULATION: Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 8%; Inactive Ingredients:Mica, Boron Nitride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Magnesium Carbonate, Silica, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Tocopheryl Acetate, Iron Oxides. May contain: Ultramarines NEW FORMULATION: Ingredients Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

After trying numerous drug store foundations, I bite the bullet and decided to try mineral foundation. After reading great reviews about, Pur Mineral 4-in-1 foundation, I decided to get the starter kit. I must admit that the first time I wore it; I got so many random compliments, that I fell in love with it immediately (and even order two more full size compacts shortly after). It made my face flawless (even though I was suffering from several breakouts at the time). However, now that I have been wearing it for more than 5 months, I am starting to noticed the flaw of this product.
1 – it makes your face “shiny”, which is odd, since I have very dry skin
2- it rubs off very easily....there’s makeup stain on everything
3- it’s expensive when considering the amount of product you get
Overall, I like this product; it’s quick, easy to use, cover well and good for your skin. However, due to problems listed above, I think there might be a better mineral foundation out there…

AFTER TRYING PHYSICIANS FORMULA BB POWDER, I WOULD NOT GO BACK TO THIS POWDER, EVENTUALLY IT DRIED MY FACE OUT AND IT LOOKED TERRIBLE.

I love love love this product!!! I am a norm/combo skin type with freckles and prone to breakout in tzone. I have always sworn by only a liquid to really even my skintone out and take away redness and blend the freckles until i tried this product!I I used to use the old formulation and was a little hesitant about the retinol and peptides being in the new formulation but I LOVE it even more. I have not only noticed a smoother texture to my skin, but my freckles and hyperpigmentation are really evening out. I have also noticed that it wears much longer and I do not get as oily as I used to by the end of the day. Overall, my favorite thing about it is the new LIGHT TAN color theyve added. The new packaging is cuter too! :) A fan overall. If you have any skin conditions and/or sens skin then you really should give it a try, you wont be let down!

I really liked the original formulation, that they now discontinued .

There's too many added ingredients in the new formulation.

They should of continued to offer both.

Though expensive (around 25.00) this is absolutely the best makeup I have ever used! I applied with a big round makeup brush and found that it covered my skin evenly without looking cakey. It looked so natural, in fact, many people would approach me in public and tell me how flawless my skin looked and ask how I did it! It also kept my forehead shine free and is one of the few products that hasn't caused a pimple breakout on the oilier parts of my face. The range of colors is quite limited and it is pricey but overall I highly recomend this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I have to say this is the best mineral foundation I've tried. The coverage is good and can be built up on my blemishes without looking cakey. It goes on like butter and feels great all day long, like you aren't wearing anything. I love how it doesn't give that annoying sheen most minerals do and has the most natural finish of any foundation, liquid or powder. The compact is not messy like loose powders, you can travel with it and not worry that it will end up all over your bag. These seem to last me longer than the loose powders since i'm not wasting product. They have recently added a few new colors to the line. Even with the color additions their selection is sparse and I have to blend golden medium and porcelain to get my match. (light looks too pink on me) My only complaint is that my oil breaks through rather quickly and I have to be careful while blotting because it will move or get lifted away. I use my ecotools bronzer brush to apply and it looks flawless every time. This is a def repurchase for me!

When I first tried this product I was happily surprised with how well it matches my skin tone, I've tried so many other foundations and this is by far the only true match =) I used this product for 6 weeks and I was loving it, great coverage, not too heavy, soft and a true match. But I've been suffering from adult acne and I started getting very frequent, severe break outs; I couldn't tell what was causing the break outs since I was also using a new cream. I stopped using both and changed my acne treatment, now that my acne is a little better I started using this foundation again, so far it's been ok, I truly wish this is not what makes me break out because I like it so much. I'll update in a couple of weeks with my conclusion, and if everything goes well I'll give this foundation another lippie, to complete 5, because I love it!

I love this makeup. I have blotchy skin with old redness from acne and this makeup covers it nicely without looking heavy. It's a nice natural look. I use Light and that works well on my fair skin. This make up feels good on. I started in mineral makeup with Bare Minerals and while I liked that pretty well, to me the PUR is even easier and looks great. I keep trial size in my purse for touch-ups.

Okay, I love this product so much that I went to Ulta and had them try to mix two different colors on me SO THAT I COULD WEAR THE STUFF. That is how much I love this stuff. The PUR minerals freelancer mixed the new tan with light and it made me glow. No doubt. I love the way it makes my skin look. I use an old Prescriptives buff brush I bough fifteen years ago, and it looks beautiful. At work, I use the TooFaced kabuki brush and it looks even better. I represent several lines at my department store and kept coming back to this one. Ulta had more updated product than I did and I had to try this out. I feel so beautiful now. My imperfections are smoothed over and I look well... magical if that even makes sense.I am 47 so I needed something to give my look a kick in the pants yet look natural.

Ok, so I was just in Ulta today, and found out that Pur has come out with two new colors!!!! LIGHT TAN is a color between tan and golden medium FINALLY. It is very golden, yet seems to be just a touch darker then the golden medium. This is great news for me (and I think a lot of others) who always found the golden medium to be too pinkish, and the tan to be waaayyy too dark. I am so excited! I have been using Pur on and off for a couple years now, and was about to give up on them bc of the color range. I had to get tan and light and mix to get the right color without the weird pinkish/orange undertone in the medium shades, but NO LONGER. As for the actual foundation, it is amazing. Creamy, decent coverage, natural look, and fast to apply. Everything I want in an everyday foundation becuase it can get me out the door, looking polished, in under 10 minutes. Skip the brush, its a piece of crap in my opinion. I use my MAC 182. This lasts on my moderatly oily skin all day, and any oil breakthrough somehow makes the powder look better. HG for sure, especially now with the new shades. Thanks Pur for listening to your customers and providing more colors!