July 29, 2014 | 2094 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by glamycakes2014

i didnt really like this but its not that bad.it is s really good one. i love maybelline mascaras and have tons of them. this one didnt clump on me but didnt give me a lot of curl. it also burned my eyes really bad

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought two tubes of this mascara in a 2-for-1 sale and I was worried that I'd have double the regret, but I'm pleasantly surprised with it! I have super short, stubby lashes and this stuff actually gives me some volume! It does take quite a few coats (I would estimate about 8 or 9) and the brush is strangely shaped but I don't really mind! Does it do what it promises and give you the look of false lashes? Nah. But it's decent nevertheless.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by captainkelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Only mascara that actually lengthens my lashes noticeably and makes them thicker. I like this mascara, but I just hate how much it flakes all over my face during the day. It only smudges on my lower lashes but not terribly. But this is a def go to mascara when I don't want to try anything new.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by jennimcneil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this product after a friend had recommended it to me, and although I'm not 100% satisfied with it, it definitely isn't a bad mascara. I really love how it separates my lashes and smooths out clumps, but the problem is that it doesn't create enough thickness and volume. Also, the brush is kind of flimsy and it makes it hard to apply. I got it on sale for around 5$ which makes it worth the price but I wouldn't pay too much for this mascara. Overall, it's a decent product but there are far better mascaras for the same price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice and waterproof but still smudged on the outer corners.

I smile a lot so my eyelashes touch there and smudge. I don't like the finish. It's too shiny for me. Otherwise it doesn't clump too much, it is a very dark black for having bought the darkest color, it's one of the more volumizing mascaras, and it doesn't relax my curl considering I bought the waterproof version. I will not buy again though. I can find better

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by hharmonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised that this mascara doesn't have higher ratings. This is the best mascara I've ever used. In the past I have used Maybelline Stiletto, Great Lash, Loreal Voluminous, Benefit's They're Real, Collosal, and none have come in comparison to the Falsies.

As background, I have eyelashes that grow straight down, so I have to curl them viscously for them to change shape. I have trouble finding a mascara that can hold a curl and not look clumpy and gross. Well this is exactly what I wanted! I have the waterproof version for reference.

The first time I tried it, I was amazed. My eyelashes stayed curled all day, even when I took the mascara off. It didn't smudge at all, and my lashes were long and voluminous. The wand was nice too- it didn't poke or scratch my eyelids, and I never had trouble applying.

I admit, I avoided this mascara for a while because the name "Falsies" seemed like it would be too intense and unnatural. But this mascara is perfect for everyday and is definitely not too dramatic.

I only have two gripes with this product. The first one is that I occasionally will find small black flakes from the mascara on my cheeks. However, this does not happen very often- after mostly everyday wear of this mascara for about a year, this has happened only about 8 times. The second gripe I have with this product is that it is difficult to take off, even with a waterproof eye makeup remover. I have to douse my eyes in makeup remover to get absolutely everything off.

To end this long review, I would definitely recommend this mascara to those with straight hard to curl lashes. This will be a miracle for you! I will continue to purchase this mascara for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by tonyawilkes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have long but not very thick eyelashes and this mascara gives them the fullness and curve they need. I just love the falsies look!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by spikez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

was very sceptic about a mascara looking like false eyelashes but this does look like it.
the only wish is if maybelline has a combo of their Colossal and Falsies mascara as this one clumps more than Colossal and is not so thickening.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by midori33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE this mascara. My search for my perfect mascara is over. It's so cheap and just like Hypnose by LancĂ´me to me. This one does it all: it curls, lengthens and adds volume AND it doesn't flake off. I threw out ALL my other mascaras taking up space in my makeup drawer and only have this one. Such a shame that it doesn't work for everyone but that's the nature of mascara I guess. Also worked wonders on my mothers dropping lashes. She really packs it on but it doesn't clump and it gave her a beautiful fanned out, falsies look she's never had before. HG for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good! However, for me, this mascara seems to have its on and off days - sometimes it'll go on flawlessly and hold the curl of my lashes - on other days, the microfiber formula sometimes gets in the way and causes some awkward clumping. Maybe it's just me. But, when it works, it looks amazing!

However, the only reason that I would not be buying this again is because of the formula - I have a terrible time taking it completely off even with makeup remover.