October 25, 2014 | 1873 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by mayyami

Loving these nail polishes. One of the best if not the best I've used. I have it in So Much Fawn which is my fave colour ever. I also have it in Kook a Mango which is a nice bright red. The polish applies very evenly and the brush makes it so easy.

I use this on its own (without base or top coat) and it is usually nice and shiny the first day or two which then fades a bit. It chips after 3 days like most polishes but still does pretty well in my books.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

The Complete Salon Manicure polishes from Sally Hansen are by far the best drugstore polishes available. For $6 they are also the best value.

I have no complaints when it comes to the packaging. The glass bottle is attractive and unique. The rubber ring, at the base of the brush, is great for helping to open the bottle and hold the brush while applying. The brush itself is flat and rounded a bit. It's my overall favorite brush of any brand. It holds a lot of product, so be sure to wipe off the extras before you apply, but it's easy to use and takes some time off of the process.

The color selection is pretty good. I own three colors from this line now, and they are all very unique. I plan on buying a couple more. The formula is almost perfect. It has a great consistency. Not too watery or messy and it dries quickly. It's also DBP, toluene and formaldehyde free (Big plus!). The only problem with the formula is that it differs from polish to polish. Nothing big, but Commander in Chic was slightly streaky, Gray by Gray dried faster than the other two and had absolutely no shine to it, and Plum's the Word was perfect. So it's a little hit and miss, but all were obviously high quality and after 2 coats and a good top coat looked great.

The polish lasts for 5-7 days without chips. Only slight wear to the tips. I have read form other reviews that the polish chips in a coupe days without a good top coat, so a top coat is a must.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in So Much Fawn and I really like the color. It has a great brush (the same as the insta-dri), I do not know if it is really worth the price though. It is a good polish, but when compared to others around this price, like Essie, it is definitely not as good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by 8788xo

Some colors in this collection apply better than others. I recently purchased barracuda, which is this pretty light blue shade. I absolutely love the color.. but overall, this polish isn't that great. The most recent shade I bought applies in a very streaky manner, and it's hard to layer. I really don't enjoy the brush that much either. I wore this and within 2 or 3 days it was chipping and just looked terrible, it started to peel off in chunks... The packaging is fine.. The only reason I would repurchase is if they had a color I couldn't find elsewhere..otherwise I'd pass..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Peapodsmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this polish. The wide brush makes application super easy, even for me. I now have this in five colors (I think), and have worn three of them (note that none of these are pale or sheer). I apply two or three coats (depending on color) over Nail Life Gripper base coat (from Sally--amazing stuff), with a coat of OPI top coat over. I put an additional coat of the top on every other day and can easily get a good week and a half out of these colors. Amazing, right?
Colors I really like: Pedal to the Metal (silver metallic--looks awesome on tanned toes), Right Said Red (lacquer red--good on short-ish, square nails), Raisin the Bar (frosty lavender-mauve--this is going on my nails next), So Much Fawn (pretty neutral peachy-beige, and a little boring but good for office wear), and Plum's the Word (grayish-lavender--can't wait to wear this one).
I have worn tons of brands and colors of nail polish over the years and I do love these. Seriously, take time to apply these with base and top and you should get great wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by veronicamary

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought "So Much Fawn" and applied this product around 4pm. Looked at my nails around 8.30pm and most of the nail polish was gone! A 'complete salon manicure'? I don't think so! Will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by handsfeetkisses

I bought this in "I Pink I Can" and tried it right away. The brush impressed me. It's wide and thick and collects a lot of product. The only problem was the Color went on very streaky. It did dry very fast and felt really smooth. I think I'm going to try this polish in a darker colour to avoid streaks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These polishes have an amazing brush, but for the formula I think they're a bit overpriced. There are a lot of pretty LE shades that come out, but the supply never meets the demand (which is another reason I can't give it more lippies.) If you wear the same polish day in and day out or need some nice go-to shades then this range is good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My feelings for this product are so-so, but I only have one bottle, in Polar Bare. The formula can be somewhat streaky in this color, which is what doesn't impress me. The brush is okay, one edge of it is actually a little uneven, making application just a little off. I suppose in another color, with an unflawed brush, I may have a different opinion. The wear is at least average, though it's hard for me to say because I have been switching up colors after a couple days lately. Not sure if I would repurchase since it's nearly the same price as OPI and Essie at the Target I've been going to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by francie197

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am just crazy about this nail polish! For years, I wore Revlon ColorStay nail polish because it wore like iron. I like to do my nails once a week and not have to worry about chips, and the Revlon ColorStay never chipped for me, only wore off a little at the tips. It was discontinued (why Revlon? why???), and I was just about out of my stash and frustrated by trying other brands and finding that they chipped after one or two days no matter what I tried (base coat/no base coat, various top coats, etc). Then I purchased a bottle of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure and was stunned! Great stuff - very similar to the Revlon product but a much larger color selection. I can put it on Sunday night and I might have a chip or two by Wednesday, but I can touch it up or add a shatter and get through the rest of the week. I do use a top coat with it - actually, I have so many Revlon ColorStay top coats left over that I use them! I am very happy with this product and will be purchasing a new color once a week until I build up a nice little collection. Also, the frosts seem to hold up almost as well as the creams, always very appreciated! I never would have thought I would be stocking up on a Sally Hansen product, but I am hooked. If you were a fan of Revlon ColorStay nail polish, give the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicures a try and I do not think you will be disappointed.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No