Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

3.8

on 3/12/2012 3:30:00 PM

Purchased pink slip and naked ambition. Having had previous good results with sally hansen was happy about the color selection. 3 coats later chalky/streaky. Oh well -> next!

on 2/25/2012 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was able to get a bunch of they for $2.00 at target this past week. I picked up about 8 different colors. Thet apply perfect and wear very well. I have been really pleased with the smooth well pigmented formula. Also there were no bubbles and the colors are so pretty and unique.

on 1/12/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have this in Guilty Pleasure and Angel Wings. I love both colors. Guilty Pleasure is probably my go to polish when i want some fun. With a base coat and top coat, it can easily last a week. The formula is creamy and easy to apply. I enjoy the wide brush because I think it makes application easier. It can be messy around the edges so I need to take extra caution on that.

Angel Wings is a shimmery sheer color that can look good on its own or layer on top of another polish. However, I got a few bubbles out of it which I am not sure why. I used it without a top coat and the polish dried out without too much shine. The drying time is quite long though. I went to bed four hours after the application yet I still got bedsheet marks.

I probably would not use it on its own but I absolutely love the colors and the design of the brush. I would love to add more into my own collection and with them on sale, they are not so bad.

on 1/2/2012 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this polish! It goes on smoothly and easily lasts a week when I use base and top coats. It might last longer, but I don't usually keep a manicure longer than that. The flat brush makes application a breeze. I'll definitely buy more of this in different colors.

on 1/1/2012 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought 'Right Said Red' and it is my new favorite! I have very wide nails and this brush is fabulous - I've never used another like it. It applies beautifully, dries fast and didn't chip or streak. One dip in the bottle was enough to cover all five on one hand and that's so wonderful for someone that is used to having to double dip to cover a single nail evenly. The color was rich with two coats, but I went ahead for a third and it's flawless. Couldn't be happier and can't wait to go back for more colors.

on 11/30/2011 4:27:00 PM

I bought "Naked Ambition." I was immediately excited about only needing two coats to get a "complete" manicure, and I just did my nails with it 20 minutes ago.

As soon as I put the first dab onto my nail, my heart sank. What a streaky mess! The brush either picks up too much or too little. I hoped that maybe the second coat would make it look good. Wrong! Just as streaky, and not only streaky, but it has this "texturized" look to it as if it has powder or something in it. You can't see this by looking at the bottle, but once you apply it, it's very noticeable. I finally gave it a third coat, hoping to cover the streaks, but it still looks pretty awful. It looks like cheap 99-cent polish.

Okay, my last ditch effort before removing it was to apply a fourth coat! Now it is finally starting to look opaque, but a very streaky opaque.

Thank goodness CVS has a good return policy, because this is definitely going back. In fact, as soon as I hit "send" on this review, I'm going to remove it from my nails. I've never seen them look so awful.

I'm so disappointed, because this seemed like it was going to be a huge help eliminating a few coats, but I guess not... sigh...

EDIT: Well, I discovered what that powdery, texturized stuff was in the polish--fine glitter. When I tried to remove the polish, lots of glitter stayed behind and was really hard to remove! Funny, because you can't see any glitter at all in the bottle and it doesn't imply there is any in it either. Oh well, I hate to say it, but it was just as bad coming off as it was going on. LOL

on 11/20/2011 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Last week I bought Thinking of Blue and Pat on the Black and I really like the coverage this polish gives with two coats. These are my first complete salon polishes and im so glad I bought them. Totally looking forward to my next ones.

on 11/15/2011 4:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this nail polish. All the colors are wonderful. I love the brush that comes with the nail polish-nice and square so to get most of the nail at once. As for longevity, I cannot really comment on that. My nails, no matter what I put on them, start to chip after two days. But, I have observed that some colors stay on longer, such as the pinks vs. the browns. May be just a personal experience. I have noticed that my nails have been a lot healthier and have grown longer faster since starting to use this nail polish.**I would recommend you stay away from Rite Aid or CVS when purchasing. You can get it at Wal-Mart for about $2 cheaper, and Walgreens has a special going on (as of 11/14/11) that you can get two for $10** I found this out the hard way that CVS chargers about $2-$3 more on makeup products (Except maybe Wet n Wild). Outrageous!

on 10/5/2011 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product in Wine Not, but the color really isn't the point (though it turned out to be a really nice color). The point was trying to find a nail polish that I can use at home that'd give a finished result that was as good as a salon manicure. The bottom line is no product will do that (IMHO) but this come close (and it's better than some of the less professional salon manicures I've had, that's for sure.) With two coats of polish and without a top coat, it leaves a nice shine and doesn't chip for days. The variable, of course, is the skill of the home manicurist (i.e., me/you) and I'm just not that good at it (I really suck with my left hand). But you can't beat the price (compared to the price of a "real" manicure). Bottom line - very good nail polish!

on 9/22/2011 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have this in 'Malt.' I paid $6.49 for it at Meijer. On my NW35 skin, this is a chalky (and unattractive) beige with one coat, with a lot of streaks. But the color really changes/improves after two coats ... it becomes a milky beige (the color of really milky coffee) with a hint of chocolate. Lasts for 3 days without a top coat, and for about 5 with a top coat. I think this is a color is better suited to warmer skin tones. On cooler skin tones, this will probably end up as an ashy beige. I'm not a big fan of the brush -- I think it picks up too much color -- but in general, I like this range of nail polishes.

Popular Polishes