September 15, 2014 | 904 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Treatment Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! I've bought this maybe 3 times and will continue to do so. Some information about my skin:

- 27 years old, no visible wrinkles, oily skin with some flakiness, minimal blemishes, visible pores on nose and cheeks. SENSITIVE skin which breaks out from a lot of products but not this one.
- yellow, asian undertones, around NC 20 (MAC), bought this in 130 Buff Beige and it's a PERFECT fit

I know this is a foundation meant for older skin so I can't vouch for its wrinkle reduction or what not, but it works perfectly for me and is my go-to foundation.

Packaging: A little gimmicky but I found I like it. I wipe the sponge head every now and again but I only ever apply this right after I wash my face to minimize contamination. I tend to do one good twist every time before I apply to ensure some product comes out but doesn't flow out (just enough to keep the sponge damp).

Wear: Like a dream. It has a little silicone-y feel to it, which is perfect for covering up my pores (not completely, however). I like to swipe it all over my face, then use a sponge to dab/press it into my face. Then I add concealer (Revlon colorstay blemish concealer in Light) and dust Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup in 102 N.
There's no real transfer, lasts most of the day, BUT since i am oily, I do need to blot every now and again. The finish is definitely dewy and natural. The cover is light to medium, so I recommend this for people with okay skin that's looking to even out your complexion. It comes off easily with my Clean and Clear Foaming Makeup Remover (why has this been discontinued???).

The best part of this foundation (for me) is that it BRIGHTENS up my face. And not in the, "make it pale" or god forbid "add lots of sparkles" way, either. The color matches but..it's hard to explain. It just makes me look more awake and my skin more beautiful, like it's lit from within. This is the main reason why I keep coming back to it. Other foundations may match my skin color and cover flaws but they look very mask-like or makes my skin look a little dull. I don't know what they put in this foundation, but I love it.

Again, my skin doesn't have many major problems so take this review with a grain of salt. It looks great in person, close up, and even in pictures with no white cast (even though it has SPF 18). It's cheap, you can find in anywhere,

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: I've lowered this from 3 to 1 lippies because the formula is just horrible. I cannot blend this enough to make it look even and unblotchy on my skin. I also feel like it doesn't provide any coverage...at all. In about 2 hours after application it looked like I wasn't even wearing foundation. My face felt and looked greasy.

OLD:
This foundation is just weird on my skin...not necessarily bad, but just....different.

On initial application, it appears very sheer, but once it blends in it does provide a moderate amount of coverage. It also feels quite dry to the touch, which is a good thing for my oily skin. I like how it initially looks, but a few hours into the day and I look like I haven't put any make-up on...somehow it just disappears? I always use a primer, so that's definately not the issue.

The applicator doesn't bother me, because I dab the product on and blend with a brush. Using the applicator to blend on will accomplish nothing but a smeary mess. The color I'm using (buff beige) is also ab it light for my NC25-30 skin right now, so it makes me look a tad bit washed out as well.

I'm going to keep trying to make this work, because I think it's a nice foundation, but I'm just not loving it at the moment.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by nati777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought the Instant Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles in the brightener shade because it's pink and I figured it'd be great for undereye circles. I had heard a lot of great things about the Age Rewind line so I thought I'd give this a try. I purchased my concealer at Target and for some reason it was more expensive than the foundation. What the heck?! The foundation was $7.97 and the concealer was $8.97. I thought the was crap, haha, but I bought it anyway because I really wanted to try it. (I later found out it was cheaper at my walmart. Guess where I'm going next time? Haha.) It was a little pricey in my opinion for a concealer, but it's worth the price. I still think Target needs to flip flop their pricing though.
I first tried the brightener alone, and it did work, but I later tried it over my glamoflauge concealer and it was perfect. I liked it way better. (My undereye circles are pretty bad because I don't get a lot of sleep ever.) Together they are a match made in heaven. I was so tired but it made me look bright and awake all night. I kind of hate the applicator, but it'll do. It's not a product killer to me. It's not a huge concern either, I would just prefer it in a small tub or something. It's 0.2 fl.oz. but I'm certain it's going to last a long time because I don't need a lot. A little goes a long way, and that's important to me. I hate having to use a lot of a product for it to work on me. It feels very silky and comfortable and I don't feel like it cakes up under my eyes throughout the day. I felt like I looked younger and my face looked healthier. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with dark circles and/or fine lines, and I will definitely be repurchasing this concealer. I have a feeling it's going to be a staple in my bag.
***oh yeah! I set it with my makeup forever hd powder. I just use a small fluffy brush. I buy the small travel size one at Sephora and use it as an undereye powder. That'll be a whole different review someday. Keep on the look out! [=

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by KittyKidee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been doing a purge/rediscovery with my collection and came across this.. i don't even remember getting it.. maybe a gift? seems like a from-my-mom thing cuz it really isn't something i would normally buy myself. maybe i was intruiged by the spongey thing.. which is weird cuz i'm a little grossed out by it..... ah! i remember! (seriously! i just remembered while writing this) I was vacationing in florida maybe 2 years ago or so and needed something quick and with some low spf cuz i had some over pink cheeks to cover and also didn't want them to get any worse. also, my skin is very sensitive/reactive to spf (well i wonder how i got the pink cheeks, eh?) maybe i thought the sponge would be easy and gentler to apply. Anyways, today i came acros this and gave it a quick try (kinda gross now that i'm remembering how old it is) It is sooo friggin greasy and my dry skin can usually handle very oily or emollient. you can't even apply it without it being streaky. and i know it's not just 'cuz it's old because i remember it being that way in FL but i thought maybe then it was because of the heat and some perspiring. it's also wa-a-ay orange but i will even be nice and give it the benefit of the doubt and attribute that to age and oxidation. either way, it's in it's final resting place.. Le Trashe.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

The only thing that comes to mind is greasy. Impossible to set because it's so greasy that when you brush a setting powder over it, it wiped off. Much too wet and doesn't dry. I will say that I used a very moist primer underneath, so I will try another primer with it, but I have my doubts as I have never used a more greasy foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I picked this up honestly because of the low price, and was also looking for something different to try this summer since my skin has been going through changes now that I'm in my 40's. But never expected to like it so much. The thin consistency blends smoothly, covers well without becoming cakey, feels very light and non-irritating on my sensitive fair skin. I'd say one of the best drug store foundations I've ever tried. Now watch... I bet Maybelline will probably quit making it.

***I am updating this to add... everyday I am more impressed with this product as someone who has struggled with frustrating skin issues from 12 - 47 from acne to lupus rashes and recently dry perimenopausal skin. So yes I'm a bit skeptical at this point. Everything was either too cakey, too thin to cover...too oily, too drying... aghh "TOO something" to look good. Remarkably Maybelline hit it perfect this time... this foundation unlike any other I've tried feels very lightweight and soothing yet it covers extremely well with a beautiful satin finish. I can not believe it actually appears to be improving my skin issues as my complextion has not looked this good in over 15 years.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by rose2190

Hated this foundation at first but realised I was putting to much on. 6 clicks in total is enough to cover imperfections without looking cakey or streaky. the applicator is fab, but only when the foundation is applied minimally and built up if needed. And once its set with powder it lasts me almost all day on a 12 hour shift, i only need one touch up!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by birdsofafeather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! Shades are sheer and match my skin tone, summer and winter - I buy Nude for winter, Pure Beige for summer. Other reviews question the eraser applicator, but hey - it works! I use it, smooth out the foundation a bit with my hands and I am done! It's quick! Color does not collect in any wrinkles or lines anywhere on my face. Coverage is great - though sheer, which let's face it is BETTER when you are a bit older. Wore Bare Minerals for years, due to sensitive skin, had to switch as my skin became a bit dryer. Who would have thought Maybelline would be my favorite - and get this - my 88 year old Mom, who no one can believe is 88 ( seriously ) is the one that turned me on to this product along with Maybelline Dream Mousse Liqued, which I also like to switch off with.

Try this, eraser or other - it works well and I love being able to pick it up just about anywhere! On sale no less.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by giantsushi

When I used this, my face looked ashy.. but because I was a bit off with the color so thats forgivable. What I really didnt like about this product was the applicator. The sponge becomes a total mess, and does not provide even coverage. I was not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Marianuchibb

Tengo 51 años, tuve piel grasa y ahora es más seca que mixta. "Instant Age Rewind Eraser" de Maybelline me pareció excelente.
Por lo general las bases son "no oleosas" y cuando tenemos la piel tirando a seca se complica.
Pero esta base da una sensación muy suave, aterciopelada y a su vez funciona como corrector.
Es de facil y muy cómoda aplicación.
Gracias, Maybelline!