November 25, 2014 | 1722 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Soft Nude 070 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick doesn't smell anything, which I LOVE. The consistency is creamy and it goes on sheer or opaque, depending on the look you're going for. It can easily be layered on top of other lipsticks too. Its staying power is decent, I guess, but I tend to constantly drink water, so I always have to reapply during the day.
It accentuates dry, flaky skin, though, so lips have to be well hydrated/exfoliated (as already stated by tons of people before me). Its shape is a bit weird and not very practical for application on the top lip, but it's not a big deal.
As for the color itself... When I bought this lipstick a few months ago, I was very fair, cool-toned (probably around NW10-15, I don't know my exact shade). The color made me look dead and appeared more yellow-ish than pink-ish on me. I always had to layer it with a pink lipgloss or lipstick. But now that summer is finally here, I'm more tanned and I can wear this lipstick by itself. It looks lovely (or so I think :D).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by chelsia

This is a perfect nude for my lips :) Love the texture of this lipstick and it surprisingly lasts long too maybe 2-3 hours; longer than most lipsticks I own. It is a bit expensive but I bought when it was on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by CyanideLOVE

This is the first nude lipstick I've ever bought. The packaging is so cute! I like how this actually matches my skin tone nicely. Exfoliating your lips is a must, or else it'll accentuate the flakes and dryness of your lips. I feel that I need to top this off with a gloss because if I wear it with just the lipstick, then it dries out my lips. It glides on pretty nicely, and not to mention you can build up the colour, so from sheer to full coverage (don't put on too much or else it turns orange). I would buy this lipstick again, but I do want to try other brands of nude lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by everysunflower

Revlon's lipsticks are just great! Good quality, cute packaging and the best part is: they're totally free of animal testing! This nude lipstick is very nice when paired with a nude lipgloss, but for me, I can't seem to pull off wearing this lipstick without any gloss. This combination of nude lipstick and nude lipgloss (MAC's Viva Glam V) looks very hot with my tanned skin. (Hot was the first word that came to mind, anyway.) Hope it works for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kreamsoduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The lipstick itself is very moisturizing but at the same time shows any imperfections in your lips so exfoliating is a must before apply this lipstick. The color of the lipstick I am not a fan of at all because it ends up looking very orangey overall and I end up looking slightly dead/ill if that makes sense. Also, it is almost too moisturizing because you have to blot the lipstick before you can apply any lipgloss because it just smears everywhere. I have very fair skin so I thought this would work for a nice nude lip but it was too orangey and not flattering at all. I will not be repurchasing this in the future and I will probably give this away because it looks horrible with my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by missxlkt

cute packaging ! besides that its the perfect nude color :] for all those nude lipstick lovers, if you don't have this one then your missing out. i use this daily so yeah one of my faves, i have a lot of backups for this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I ignored this product for a good while after I bought it. At first use, I was not impressed so it was relegated to the lippie drawer and promptly forgotten about. I'm not sure why I pulled this out again, but I'm really glad I did! I love nudes. My previous favorites have been MAC Creme D'Nude and High Tea. I still love these, but now Soft Nude has a spot among them. I love the packaging (so chic compared to normal Revlon packaging, IMO), and the formula is fantastic (so smooth!). The color is what I truly love though -- on me, it's quite similar to Creme D'Nude, but maybe a touch darker/more orangey. I can see how some people would not like this shade because it would either wash them out or just not be flattering, but on my fair skin, dark featured self, this looks amazing. I literally wear it with any look, and it is so flattering! It's not that long lasting, but I don't that any lip products last a long time on me. This product is definitely edging it's way towards HG status for me. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this after watching a youtube review by mizzchevous, I should have realized the skin difference before purchasing this shade (soft nude.) She is porcelain, where as I am an NC40. This color washes my lips out badly, so even though the formula is fantastic,I can't wear it.

The formula is rich and creamy, and it's nicely pigmented. I love that it's non-scented and unflavored as well.

I am a huge fan of the colorburst lipgloss line as well, so I will try again, but in a different shade.

My own fault, should have swatched first. Rosy Nude works so much better for me. I'm going to put this up for swap in hopes I can get a new Rosy Nude.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:44:00 AM More reviews by teago

Not the best...not the worst.

I have very pigmented rosey red lips naturally. Any thicker formula nude leaves me looking dead and anything too sheer like glaze formulations still let the red of my lips shine through. Any pink lipsticks, that arent barbie pink like Lovelorn or Gaga lippies from MAC, make me look like Im actually wearing red lipstick.

This Colorburst formula sits somewhere in between. If only it was a touch more pigmented, if only! It does show up all flaws in my lips which is its biggest downfall.

The color helps to mute my lips out and is a nice neutral color. I dont tend to reach for it often but its now been put in my handbag so i can use it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by liveinbeauty

When I first bought this product I purchased it for around $12, which I thought was pretty pricey for a drugstore lipstick. Then I found an ad at another drugstore for half of that price lol. So I returned the first one and bought it at the other drugstore. Anyway, I really like the packaging for this product. I think it's very higher end feel compared to packagings such as Rimmel or NYC. Anyway, the colour pay off is pretty good however I noticed that it makes my lips look all chapped. Even if I apply lip balm before hand, I still get this chapped effect. It helps a little to put gloss but even after a while it still has that chapped effect. I don't know if it's just me or not cause I've heard a bunch of other reviewers say that it was moisturizing and such. Anyway, I put a yes for "would you buy this product again" because it's not THAT bad, but I would probably buy it again ONLY if it were on sale. Otherwise, it's not really my go-to lipstick.