BeneFit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray

2.9

WATER (AQUA), ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, TALC, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, MICA, TRIBEHENIN, PEG-30 DIPOLYHYDROXYSTEARATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), SORBITAN OLEATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, DIMETHICONE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), METHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE. N° 04940/N

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I got this as a trail product as i was having difficulties finding a decent primer, and i'm afraid to say its not really that great. After putting it on in the morning i would say it lasts for around 4 hours before creasing starts, and by the end of the day its severe creasing and dull eye shadow.

It goes on very easy and you need only a tiny amount but it turns quite powdery quickly. Though due to its colour it doesn't intefier with eye shadow pigment.

I had real hopes for this but for the price its really no better then an average primer.

on 2/17/2013 4:52:00 PM

I would buy this again if they would fix the packaging. I think this would suit a tube and doe foot applicator package perfectly. As far as the primer itself, it is my second favorite after the old Kat Von D primer. This is a little thinner and not as opaque as the Kat Von D primer but still a lot more so than other skin colored liquid eye primers. I prefer it under the eye with a touch of concealer or foundation to hide dark spots. I think this would be my new holy grail if they would just change that packaging over to be more like the primer's sample packaging.

on 2/10/2013 10:28:00 PM

The only primer that works for me! This is a bit expensive ($26) but it is a dryer formula and works great! The pump is annoying and always give you too much, but it is well worth it!

on 2/9/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I found this primer to be very drying on my eyes, which is a first for me. I have tried other primers such as Too Faced, Urban Decay, and LORAC. Also, I did not like the applicator it came in since it is unsanitary and you can not control the amount of product that is dispensed. I will not repurchase.

on 2/7/2013 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got this in a kit with some other deluxe samples from either Ulta or Sephora, and I have to say that I loved it at first, but it expires so fast! I've had it 4-6 months, and it has separated into some sort of oily substance and pigment. It will not work anymore (I've tried mixing it and they will not mix) and I still have a ton of product left in the bottle. I'm dumbfounded that this product is $30 regularly. At that price, it should work flawlessly for a year.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this primer...does exactly what it should.

I really like this product! I originally bought it because I bought some Barry M looks eye shadow in a really dark blue, and it just fell all down my face every time I went to use it. If I put this on beforehand, my eyeshadow doesn't make a mess of my newly made-up face, and it tends to stay on for much longer. Eventually, yes, I begin to get slight creases on my eyelids and my eyeshadow fades, but I have very oily eyelids and surrounding eye area, so I don't really expect any product to 100% combat that (although if anyone knows of one then please tell me!). The original colour is quite a good match for my skin colour anyway so it's handy as a concealer for red patches/dark circles. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the pump squirts out far too much product, no matter how lightly I press it. It's quite expensive, so I don't really like wasting the majority of what comes out, but it's just too much to use in any form unfortunately. Other than that, it's one of my favourite products and I use it most days - I always notice a difference if I forget to!

on 1/15/2013 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I got this as a free sample from my loose button subscription. I'm actually still using it at the moment. My verdict...The product seems a bit watery for my liking. there are times when it stings my eyelids and times when it doesn't. My eyeshadow and eyeliner application goes on a bit smoother as promised but the guarantee of having no eyeshadow creases wasn't there. After a few hours, my eyelids were obviously oily and the eyeshadow creases were evident. Good thing I got this as a free sample just because I'd be disappointed spending around $30 on this product. Benefit's products are usually a hit or miss for me, and this was definitely a miss. I can only compare it to smashbox's photo lid primer and I'd rather go for smashbox's than this.

on 1/2/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I originally tried this when it was only available in one color. That color was too light for me, so I never had the chance to see how effective it was as a primer. When Benefit released this in a darker color, I ran out to get it. The color is perfect, I really loved the idea of a color correcting primer. However, this product is total crap.

When I first used it, I smeared it on like I would UDPP. Then I put my shadow over it. It did not work well at all. I figured it was my fault. I read the instructions carefully and followed them to the letter. I applied the 3 dots and blended. I mades sure to let it set before applying the shadow. The results were that the creasing didn't start quite as early. Still, I had minor creasing after 5 hours and significant creasing after about 7 hours. Overall, this was crap. It's really expensive too. At $26, the needs to do what is is designed to do.

on 12/28/2012 7:52:00 AM

Ok first off I have tried A LOT of primers from high end to low end and this by far is one of the worst.
This is why I rated it so low:

1. It is very watery and dries very fast but leaves nothing for your shadow to really "stick" to
2. It does NOT help with creasing if you have oily lids like I do. It just SLIDES right off.
3. For the price, it just isn't worth it. My makeup was completely creased and awful looking in about 2 hours and I didn't go anywhere. I just hung out in my house, didn't sweat, didn't have any weather interference and it still slid off just watching TV ..BOOOO
4. There are just so many better products out there that this just isn't worth my time. UD primer potion, MAC paint pots, NYX shadow bases, NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Primer (my HG), Too Faced Shadow Insurance...all of these surpass this in quality and reliability. Heck I even like the hard candy primer better and you can get that at Walmart for a couple bucks.

This is a HARD pass. I am glad I only got a deluxe sample of this because I would never buy the full size in its current formulation.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products