July 23, 2014 | 1997 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Diorshow Extase Flash Plumping Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by jane1234567

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! if you're looking for volume then u should definitely buy it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by missemchewiee

Woah man, HG.

I tried the Iconic before, but I didn't quite like the brush, and the formula didn't quite appeal to me either. Then I tried the Extase and it was WONDERFUL.

I agree with other reviews, the first few applications were watery and difficult to work with, however, after using it multiple times, the formula really starts to thicken, or harder a bit. Now it is the perfect consistency. This mascara really does lengthen my lashes and it also gives them volume. I had this on when I went shopping for other make up, and the SA at Estee Lauder had sat me down to take of fmy eye make up so I could try some of their new products. First, she asked if she could take off my fake lashes, and when I told her they were my natural lashes she was so surprised. Then, it took he rabout four tries to take off the mascara completely, and she asked me what type of "waterproof" mascara I was wearing. This product is not waterproof, but the staying power is amazing, if it could fool another SA then it must be great! I told her that it was the Extase, and before I left the store I saw the same SA buying the mascara from the Dior SA!

The packaging is beautiful, sleek and shiny. While touching up in the mirror of a public washroom, the lady beside me kept eyeing the casing, and finally asked me where she could purchase the mascara. It is very sturdy and easy to hold. One thing that isn't great about this product is that it really doesnt hold curl that well. If you want it to hold, you have to wait until it is completely dry and then pump your eyelash curler several times. I still use an eyelash comb, which isn't really a hassle for me since I usually use one anyways, with any mascara, so to me there is no clumping involved. The color is very black and makes your eyes stand out. You can apply it lightly for an everyday look, and it is VERY buildable so you can apply it heavily with several coats for some extra drama.

The price is kind of steep. At the Bay, it is about $32 CDN which is the only reason I am taking off a lippie, but IMO it is worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplvr111

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara. It is better than any lancomes I have tried and I have tried them all. I was recommended this over the Diorshow by the MUA. This does do a lot for your lashes, does not flake, you need to be careful because it can clump. I feel like the wow factor lasts longer than any of lancomes. Exstase seems to keep performing still after a couple of months. I can't say that this is my HG mascara but I have not found one that is yet. This would be if it were a slicker mascara. I like a mascara that looks slick and wet and this has more of a dry look on your lash. I would recommend and would purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i am in love with this mascara! it gives me the length/dramatic volume i am looking for in just one coat. it has never flaked/smudged on me. i just love the look it gives my lashes. yes, it's a bit pricey, but it's a nice way to spoil yourself :) i'll continue to repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my second time buying this mascara, the first time I returned it because no matter what I could not get it to look good. So when I was at sephora I decided to buy the lash plumper, diorshow iconic, and the extase plumping. Well, for the first few times I wore it I was disappointed it looked like poo, my lashes went from being nicely curled to pointing straight out...not a good look. So then I decided to try to use my shiseido lash primer instead, can you say OMG holy lashes? It makes my lashes look fake if I curl them, apply my shiseido base, followed immediately by a coat of the diorshow iconic, followed immediately by the extase. You must apply the coats while its still wet though otherwise you get a clumpy mess. But I can honestly say that with these products it gives me that beautiful long full lash look that I love so much. I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not a bad product altogether. Thickens and lengthens as promised for me anyway. This is my second time purchasing Extase in Noir. Removal is a llittle time consuming. Using simple almond oil on moist cotton pads is enough to remove eyeshadow but I need to apply more oil on my fingers to manually remove (gently of course) the rest of the mascara from my lashes. Maybe the key is a good eye makeup remover, which is a problem because I have not found a brand which is gentle enough for my sensitive eye area. More research awaits for an excellent eye makeup remover which doesn't cause any unpleasant tingling.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by anmitchell25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very impressed with this mascara. I love Dior in general so I texd to exprect alot from their products and they did very well with this mascara. I find that when I use is with the Plumping Serum it does Wonders for my lashes, I don't need false lashes when I use this mascara with the serum. The look I achieve when I use it with the serum is amazing, the length, the fullness, and long wear are astonishing. I have also used it by itself and still quite enjoy it and can't really leave the house without applying a coat. I highly recommend using it with Dior Extase

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Pepelyashka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this mascara a lot, it definitely does not pump my lashes like Dior Iconic(which I had to give up because of the smudging under the eyebrow), but it also doesn't smudge as much. I have naturally quite long eyelashes and so far I haven't come across a non-waterproof mascara that doesn't smudge on me. I would buy it again, unless I find something which gives extreme volume and doesn't smudge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my new favourite mascara; the tube is just as glamorous as Yves Saint Laurent’s Faux Cils, but this formula suits me way better. I tried to take a photograph of my lashes this morning to upload here to illustrate the points I am about to make about it, but they didn’t do it justice.
The combination of this mascara, plus regular use of Mavala Double Lash has lengthened my lashes beyond belief! Usually fairly average, they are now fanning out in a most pleasingly lengthy way.
The formula is nice and black, easy to layer, wonderful at lengthening (and averagely plumping), it stays put, it doesn’t irritate, doesn’t clump… It’s fabulous. It’s a little on the wet side, so you need to be careful with flicking the wand about, but once the lesson has been learnt, it’s no issue. It holds a curl and stays put all day.
If you sleep in it, it does smudge. When I sleep in Clinique’s High Impact, or Estee Lauder’s Double Wear, they stay put. But really, I shouldn’t be sleeping in my mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by hnn

This mascara makes me look like I'm wearing fake eyelashes, which is amazing because my lashes are really thin and volume-less without mascara. The only thing I wish it could do is separate my lashes. Other than that, it lengthens and adds tons of volume. I have two of these, so I won't need to repurchase again.