December 21, 2014 | 1868 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2042 reviews)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Cuteiswhatiaimfor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this foundation and im well disappointed! I went for nude as the beige was way too dark and shell was way to pink. The colour range for this foundation is absolutely dyer! Truelly awful! Anyway I thought id try it as I was wanting to try MUFE HD foundation and thought this was pretty much a cheap version. Holy mother of God is it glittery, i didn't even notice til i got home and applyed it. i looked at my hand (my brushes needed washed) and was like eh? like a little bit of glitter is great, like Rimmels wake me up (though i hate all Rimmel foundation due to the tackyness and they are hard to blend) but its just overkill. Also Revlon is having a laugh calling it full covarge! Applyed 2 layers and was still not satisfied! I havent worn it anywhere yet so maybe ill like it after all but i am doubtful!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ahura1

This is a really good foundation if you want a luminous finish. I used the Revlon Photoready Primer with this because I have oily T zone and dry patches so the primer smoothed it out. This does have shimmer in it so if you are really oil then it can exacerbate the greasiness and it can make your pores look much larger so definitely wear a primer with this. I like this foundation but after a while my skin was getting too oil and I just looked greasy with a lot of shimmer but when winter comes back then I will definitely purchase this again because I look so tired in the winter and need something to make me look awake.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Britty18

I did not like the shimmer in this foundation. I looked like I had just rubbed glitter all over my face. My mother uses this foundation (mostly because she doesn't want to spend money on a new foundation) and it doesn't look bad on her since she uses a darker shade, but for my light skin it was just too much.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by onlybeautyobsessed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Okay so I have mixed feelings about this foundation. It had good coverage and it feels like nothing on your face. It has no smell and it doesn't make your face slippery. BUT it is soooo glittery! At first I was like okay ill deal with it but in the sun, your face looks like you got glitter rubbed into your skin. It's not very dewy which I don't like because I like being a little dewy. Overall I don't think I'll buy this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Out of the 3 drugstore foundations I've tried lately, including maybelline fitme stick, cover girl whipped creme, and this, this is HANDS DOWN the best!!! It is seriously better than some of my much higher end foundations I've tried. Yes it has micro shimmer in it but its not like Edward Cullen sparkle or anything. I love shimmer though i have many 'illuminating' products :) I applied this with a traditional foundation brush and blended w my beauty blender. I wanted to see what it would look like on full coverage mode so I put on 2 decent layers everywhere, including eyelids and under eye. I did need a dab of Bobbi brown under eye wand thing under eyes cause I've had bad sleep lately. I set it w Guerlain meteorites in teint rose. Oh and the shade I got was 05, nude beige; I read somewhere that was a 'pinker' shade that would correspond to a nw20-25 which is me.. It's slightly yellower but not discernible on the face. I put a light layer of Guerlain terracotta bronzer 02 over the foundation and powder. My face has not looked that flawless yet non-made up looking in a looong time!!! Also, it erased pores and fine lines, obviously not sinking into them, all day, even on my greasy eyelids. I think the meteorites helped that. I gave it a spray of ELF setting spray a couple hours into wear and it just goes and goes. Hardly any transfer when I use a napkin or anything. I may have to go down a shade in the dead of winter. Definite repurchase and my fave foundation right now... And my collection's extensive. Oh and didn't make me oily OR dry. Beats MUFE, some guerlains, tarte, cover fx... For the $$$ it's just a gem!!! If u don't have severely dry or oily skin and don't mind some illumination, it's worth a try! Photos beautifully!! TRY IT!!! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by jojo4411

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would have given my first bottle of this foundation five lippies, I loved it! I finished that bottle and bought a new one... For some reason, it reacts totally different. The foundation just sits on my skin, never sinking in and it rubs off with the slightest touch. Especially on oily areas such as my nose, it seemed to clump together and look horrible. I used loreal primer under it, and kryolan setting spray over it, and it was still terrible. It's too bad, it's such a good match for my skin tone :(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by alexasz11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really happy with this product. I have acne marks and some pimples on my chin and forehead and I was looking for something that would completely cover them, and this foundation did the trick. The colors seem to run a bit dark, but once it's blended in, it matched my skin tone perfectly. It's a little bit heavy upon application, so I would recommend blending it in with a sponge or brush, but the coverage lasts all day. I even wore it while working out and my skin still looked flawless afterwards. It also didn't make me break out or irritate my sensitive skin. I'll definitely be using this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by AshleyLovesMakeupx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product looked great in all the demos I'd seen on Youtube, but the main complaint I hear is in regards to the shimmer it leaves on the skin. However, some said there either wasn't any in their foundation or it was hardly noticeable, so I decided to take the risk. While the foundation leaves my skin looking healthy in a slightly dewy way and not too made up, the effect is ruined by the vast amount of shimmer it leaves behind. Seriously, this thing is more shimmery than my eye shadows, and you don't have to scrutinize to see it. My friend and I were walking around late afternoon when it was beginning to get dark, and she paused midway through her sentence to ask why there was shimmer all over my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

Let me start by saying that I am NOT experienced with foundations at all. This is my first ever foundation purchase. :)

A little about my skin: 23 years old, Asian, MAC NC30, normal skin (though it has been SLIGHTLY more oily this summer), not acne-prone, no acne scars or major blemishes except slight redness around the sides of my nose.

With that out of the way, I do love this foundation. It evens out my skin tone really well though I had to apply a little extra to cover up the redness near my nose. I would say this is a light coverage but it can be built up. And it does not feel heavy at all, I actually don't feel like I'm wearing foundation. I bought this in 006 Medium Beige and it's a perfect match.

I applied this foundation with a makeup sponge and that seemed to work better than my fingers. I don't see the shimmer on my face (unless I look REALLY closely), but it was obvious on my hand when I swatched it with my finger. Maybe the sponge application had something to do with it?

The first time I wore this, I had been sick for a few days and the skin on my philtrum was dry and raw from rubbing my nose so much. I noticed that while the rest of my skin looked amazing, the foundation clung to the dry skin under my nose and made the dryness much more noticeable. So IMO, think this foundation might not be suitable for dry skin, unless you exfoliate really well first. But then again, my skin there was REALLY dry so maybe it's not a problem for mild dryness.

The packaging is really good. I love pump bottles, much more sanitary. I had tried the mousse version in the drugstore and it was so hard to control, so I was much happier with this one.

I personally don't find it too pricey (I live in Canada and it's 16.99ish at Wal-Mart and around 19.99 at Shoppers). Of course I'll experiment with other foundations but all-in-all, I'm very happy with my first foundation. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lediskogirl

Not too many shades available and I seem to be in between one or the other. Good coverage and doesn't break me out, so am on a fence if I will repurchase.