November 28, 2014 | 1547 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Makeup

rated 3.4(2035 reviews)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:37:00 AM More reviews by AshleyLovesMakeupx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This product looked great in all the demos I'd seen on Youtube, but the main complaint I hear is in regards to the shimmer it leaves on the skin. However, some said there either wasn't any in their foundation or it was hardly noticeable, so I decided to take the risk. While the foundation leaves my skin looking healthy in a slightly dewy way and not too made up, the effect is ruined by the vast amount of shimmer it leaves behind. Seriously, this thing is more shimmery than my eye shadows, and you don't have to scrutinize to see it. My friend and I were walking around late afternoon when it was beginning to get dark, and she paused midway through her sentence to ask why there was shimmer all over my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

Let me start by saying that I am NOT experienced with foundations at all. This is my first ever foundation purchase. :)

A little about my skin: 23 years old, Asian, MAC NC30, normal skin (though it has been SLIGHTLY more oily this summer), not acne-prone, no acne scars or major blemishes except slight redness around the sides of my nose.

With that out of the way, I do love this foundation. It evens out my skin tone really well though I had to apply a little extra to cover up the redness near my nose. I would say this is a light coverage but it can be built up. And it does not feel heavy at all, I actually don't feel like I'm wearing foundation. I bought this in 006 Medium Beige and it's a perfect match.

I applied this foundation with a makeup sponge and that seemed to work better than my fingers. I don't see the shimmer on my face (unless I look REALLY closely), but it was obvious on my hand when I swatched it with my finger. Maybe the sponge application had something to do with it?

The first time I wore this, I had been sick for a few days and the skin on my philtrum was dry and raw from rubbing my nose so much. I noticed that while the rest of my skin looked amazing, the foundation clung to the dry skin under my nose and made the dryness much more noticeable. So IMO, think this foundation might not be suitable for dry skin, unless you exfoliate really well first. But then again, my skin there was REALLY dry so maybe it's not a problem for mild dryness.

The packaging is really good. I love pump bottles, much more sanitary. I had tried the mousse version in the drugstore and it was so hard to control, so I was much happier with this one.

I personally don't find it too pricey (I live in Canada and it's 16.99ish at Wal-Mart and around 19.99 at Shoppers). Of course I'll experiment with other foundations but all-in-all, I'm very happy with my first foundation. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by lediskogirl

Not too many shades available and I seem to be in between one or the other. Good coverage and doesn't break me out, so am on a fence if I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Riotgirl

I found this foundation amazing. I paired it with the photo ready primer and it lasts all day. A definite dupe for MUFE HD foundation and one third of the price!Non cakey, non greasy. Very impressed. I love the whole photo ready product line!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

I wasn't sure what I was expecting with this foundation, it does have some coverage to it, and sparkle aswell, I only use this on my cheek bones as a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by aobrie

This is definatly my favorite foundation! I love it so much, but more importantly my skin loves it. Since I already have oily skin I tend to get pretty oily but nothing some good old blotting papers can't fix ;). My skin has never broken out and always improves when I wear this foundation. My favorite way to apply it is with a brush for more coverage and a more matte look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by RixTrix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for about 3 months. I have dry combo skin and I don't need to set it with powder. I sweat a lot from my face if I am walking a lot in NYC and it actually stays all day. I recommend it for a natural finish. It goes on great with a beauty blender. I mix the first and third shades together. I am NW 20 in Mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by bailey17

This has been my HG Makeup for almost 2 years. I just love it! My coworker tells me that I look "fresh faced" once a week because it just brings my skin to life.

I stopped using to try Kat Von D's Lock-it, and came running back to this. It makes my face look so fresh. I can tell from the reviews that it does not work for everyone.. but for my combination skin it works like a dream.

When I wear this makeup I look glowy... not oily. Sometimes I will mix a little Sonia Kashuk highlighter with it in my hand and buff it on with a Real Techniques stippling brush. ALSO I can do the same with CeraVe moisturizer if I want more of a tinted-moisturizer.

I do not think that I will stop using it, if they discontinue I will probably just spring for the Makeup Forever because I have heard that is the closest thing. I love! Buy it! Try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by blissta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does NOT photograph well; I had white spots in flash photograph AND in webcam. Upon stipple application indoors under artificial lighting (after priming with Smashbox Photo Finish OR Gosh Velvet Touch), I looked amazing; the glitter I could see in the bottle was not noticeable. Texture is thick yet runny, but it felt light and not drying on my dry-combination skin. I am a dark NC42 and used Caramel.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by EmilyTaylor1216

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product broke me out severely! I have oily/ semi acne prone skin, and this was certainly not the foundation for me! It contributed to my already oily skin, even with a setting powder, and broke out my skin! This foundation would work best on a person without oily skin and maybe not so acne prone! The only thing I like about this foundation is probably the fact that it has a pump on the bottle. The foundation also sits very heave on the skin and when I wore it, I felt like it was obvious that I was wearing foundation! Not the foundation for me!