BeneFit Cosmetics Sugarbomb

on 3/9/2011 9:03:00 AM

Other than most reviewers I have to be carefull when putting this on, cause it does really show up on my face. (I`m often a little clumsy when applying blush so I was looking for something sheer and natural) Also, it turned out to be quite peachy, which is not the best choice for my rather cool skintone (NW 20).
At first I really liked the fact that it is shimmery, but I realized that it looks very weird when my cheek-area is dry (somehow enhances the dryness).
Overall I wouldn`t say it`s the "worst" blush but I don`t recommend this to people with a cool skintone or dry cheeks.
I was so curious about the whole line when I discovered benefit but so far the products have been quite disappointing, esp. if you consider the prizes. Seems like cute packaging and funny names are the best part of it.
Update: I gave this another try and now I even have to take 1 lippie of, since I hate it! The golden shimmer looks terrible on me, so cool-skintoned: beware!

I am in love with this product! I use it everyday!! It's the perfect natural glow for my fair skin and the smell is also to die for!!! I recommend this for anyone with fair skin!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I just picked this up a couple days ago and the only downfall for me is that it doesnt show up as a color on my medium/dark skin BUT it's an amazing highlight glow effect andthata exactly what I want and need for everyday at school! I love this product and I still need to find the right brush though, atthe moment I'm using a paddle type brush to evenly sweep the color across my cheeks. But I love this and the smell and packaging are devine!

This blush is great. When swept together, the four colours make a lovely peachy pink colour with a subtle shimmer effect - a perfect blush and highlighter in one. And unlike Dandelion, this actually shows up as colour on my skin!

on 2/13/2011 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you like pink highlights as a blush. This ones for you. I bought it thinking it would look nice on me but, nope! Would not recommend if you have oily skin. Makes you look oilier. Nice packaging, smells nice too.

on 2/9/2011 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love Sugarbomb for my fair complexion, its sheer but shows up brilliantly for me. For darker skin tones this is definitely a highlighter but for us pale girls it adds a brilliant glow for the day time. It's quite glittery so not brilliant in the sunlight, but I'm loving it through the winter to add colour without needing to get bronze-happy.

on 2/7/2011 2:33:00 PM

So, I think I'm going to be all alone here when I write this review, but sugarbomb is definitely not my favorite. My sister got this and since we share from time to time (or rather, she uses my makeup) I decided to try it. It's alright, you need a lot of product for it to show up on your face. And the brush picks up a lot, even if you don't mean it to. I've used it maybe ten times and my sister has used it probably less than that, considering she doesn't really wear makeup and the pan is already showing. For $28 I expect to have it for a while. And for BeneFit as a whole, I'm sorry, but I'm just not extremely impressed. I feel like you're paying a significant amount of money and the only thing you're really getting is pretty packaging. Which yes, pretty packaging is a plus, but its not going to make me want to keep repurchasing items. And while I like make-up a lot, BeneFit is a lot of neutral colors and even though I don't cake on my make-up, I also don't want to look like a plain Jane. So, I will not be purchasing this product and I probably won't purchase much else. I don't mind paying a lot for great products, but I really don't feel like I truly get that with BeneFit. Maybe its just me.

on 1/24/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in a swap and I love it. For a long time I told myself there is no way I would like this or wear it since I already own Coralista. But I'm so glad I have it now. For now in the winter it's a perfect blush. Not over the top color and not too much shimmer. It's a nice subtle color but I'm not sure how it's going to look when I'm much more tan. We'll see but this is a must have, whether you own Coralista or not. I agree with others stating the brush is crap and they need to just forget it. Other than that, great product and I'd def purchase this again, love the packaging!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Cute box, crap brush - chucked it on the first day. I wish they would stop including them. Nice shimmery sheer color, love the multitonal blend of the pink and peach and orange and lavender. I am tan so this works more like a highlight than a blush on me. I love how it looks pinky and glowy without being frosty.

on 1/5/2011 11:10:00 AM

This is my favorite of the BeneFit Box Powders...I adore this multi-tonal blush/highlight product! Like others have said, it smells fresh and sort of sweet, applies smoothly and stays put all day. It awakens and warms the complexion with a sheer wash of peach/pink/bronze...perfect for an everyday blush and evening highlight shade. The packaging is awfully cute and the powder is super satiny, never chalky and evenly applied without much effort. The brush it comes with isn't so bad but I prefer using one of my stippling or blush brushes I have in my collection to apply this. I also apply a little bit of this where my eyeshadow color fades into my browbone highlight shade to pull together my entire look. Beautiful! I can't wait to experiment more with my SugarBomb! YAY! Highly recommend!

xoxoxox