July 31, 2014 | 1681 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Sugarbomb

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Kikilynn09

So, I think I'm going to be all alone here when I write this review, but sugarbomb is definitely not my favorite. My sister got this and since we share from time to time (or rather, she uses my makeup) I decided to try it. It's alright, you need a lot of product for it to show up on your face. And the brush picks up a lot, even if you don't mean it to. I've used it maybe ten times and my sister has used it probably less than that, considering she doesn't really wear makeup and the pan is already showing. For $28 I expect to have it for a while. And for BeneFit as a whole, I'm sorry, but I'm just not extremely impressed. I feel like you're paying a significant amount of money and the only thing you're really getting is pretty packaging. Which yes, pretty packaging is a plus, but its not going to make me want to keep repurchasing items. And while I like make-up a lot, BeneFit is a lot of neutral colors and even though I don't cake on my make-up, I also don't want to look like a plain Jane. So, I will not be purchasing this product and I probably won't purchase much else. I don't mind paying a lot for great products, but I really don't feel like I truly get that with BeneFit. Maybe its just me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

I got this in a swap and I love it. For a long time I told myself there is no way I would like this or wear it since I already own Coralista. But I'm so glad I have it now. For now in the winter it's a perfect blush. Not over the top color and not too much shimmer. It's a nice subtle color but I'm not sure how it's going to look when I'm much more tan. We'll see but this is a must have, whether you own Coralista or not. I agree with others stating the brush is crap and they need to just forget it. Other than that, great product and I'd def purchase this again, love the packaging!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cute box, crap brush - chucked it on the first day. I wish they would stop including them. Nice shimmery sheer color, love the multitonal blend of the pink and peach and orange and lavender. I am tan so this works more like a highlight than a blush on me. I love how it looks pinky and glowy without being frosty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite of the BeneFit Box Powders...I adore this multi-tonal blush/highlight product! Like others have said, it smells fresh and sort of sweet, applies smoothly and stays put all day. It awakens and warms the complexion with a sheer wash of peach/pink/bronze...perfect for an everyday blush and evening highlight shade. The packaging is awfully cute and the powder is super satiny, never chalky and evenly applied without much effort. The brush it comes with isn't so bad but I prefer using one of my stippling or blush brushes I have in my collection to apply this. I also apply a little bit of this where my eyeshadow color fades into my browbone highlight shade to pull together my entire look. Beautiful! I can't wait to experiment more with my SugarBomb! YAY! Highly recommend!

xoxoxox
- Mad Madam Jess

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kaitholly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this blush for "free" when some cupcake truck in NYC was doing a give away; buy a cupcake, get a Sugarbomb blush! So it wasn't totally free, but somewhat free. Otherwise, I don't know if I would have bought this blush on it's own. Benefit blushes are really expensive and that's often a deterrent even though the product is nice. I really like this blush, it's a soft peachy-pinky-beigey color. I normally layer over a cream blush to increase it's lasting power. I have hit pan on it which is always a good sign...it's weird,though that the peach triangle is the only one that hasn't worn down. The peach, pink, and purple triangles are almost gone....not an important note, but something I found interesting. But as much as I have enjoyed this blush, I don't think I'll repurchase it. I'd rather try another boxed power from Benefit like Dandelion or the new Bella Bamba...or just another blush in general.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went a little crazy and got on a benefit face powder kick without ever having tried a single one of these powders and ordered 5 shades!

Out of bunch Sugarbomb is by FAR my favourite. This boxed powder has 4 triangles of color which are pink, peach, rose and plum. Swirled together they create a gorgeous light bright shade of peachy pink. I do find it more on the peachy side on my (nw10) skin than pink.

Sugarbomb is a marvelous mix of highlighter and blush in one and gives an incredibly glowy peachy pink natural flush to cheeks. It is very sheer, but definitely does show up. It's not nearly as pigmented as Coralista or Bella Bamba however. Darker than medium skintones will likely have trouble getting this to show up very well and will probably find it to be more of a highlighter.

This is quickly becoming my favorite blush and will definitely repurchase.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by kandyglam112

Fantastic! Smells great, I use it everyday as blush. The brush is good considering it comes with the product. My fave out of the box o' powders. Shimmery, but not to a point where it's chunks of glitter. packaging is cute i love it! and benefit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by amyers2

This product is very flattering. I am very fair (NC 15 for reference) but this gave me a subtle glow on my cheeks. Sort of a pinky - peach look.

The box it comes in is cute but I'm not very useful for carrying in my purse. Although in defense of the blush it does stay on pretty much all day and doesn't require reapplying.

Not really fond of the price (28.00) but the quality is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by jinxmainstream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

by far my favorite blush. has some shimmer but no glitter! : )
comes with a mini brush, its semi-crap. works on the go, but I'm sure your blush brush at home is much better! I love that I can use all the colors and it makes me look fabulous, or I can use just one for the four colors, or mix-and-match for custom colors, you get the idea! smells sweet, but not too over powering. lasts about 6 hrs without a primer/lotion/or foundation! again a gift from my boyfriend so he loved that I was a gift that made my eyes light up. a great blush for any shade since there is a shade of (in my opinion) rose, peach, tan and creamy orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2010 5:46:00 AM More reviews by CleverRabbit

I've been using this blusher for quite a while. It's a very forgiving and fool proof blush suitable for most skin tones which makes it a hot seller at the Benefit counter.

I'm quite fair with a golden undertone and for me it gives a sweet, light, peachy pink glow. I say 'glow' because Sugarbomb has a slight shimmer/sheen to it. It blurs the line between blush and highlighter which might be what you're looking for. On the whole I love using it but sometimes I feel like I need MORE colour. In these situations, rather than applying more Sugarbomb (and therefore applying more shimmer) I reach for Benefit's Coralista which is more of a deepr pinky coral colour.

Back to Sugarbomb... The shimmer quality means that combination / oily skins might want to avoid going overboard with this or at least using it away from oily areas. I have combination skin and use it on my apples of my cheeks or just under my cheekbones without adding to the natural sheen of my skin. If I want more all over colour I will VERY LIGHTLY sweep this over the bridge of my nose. No more.

I don't find the shimmer inappropriate for day time wear, it's very subtle. It's especially great in summer when the mood calls for lighter makeup.

A more detailed review and other beauty product reviews can be found on my blog:
clever-rabbit.blogspot.com