Chanel Chance

3.8

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm by no means a perfume junkie but I have great taste in perfume. This is an excellent scent, in my opinion. IT'S CHANEL, AFTER ALL. You can't go wrong. I'm a Sophomore in high school, and this scent is perfect for day to day and night use as well. I have quite a few expensive perfumes from brands like CK, but this is my favourite. I don't understand why it has such a low rating. I love the scent, and in conjunction with an unscented lotion, this lasts almost all day on me. Whenever I wear this, people always compliment, and I've even had a guy friend say that I smelled really nice. However, the price... is way too much for teens and maybe even young women. My Dad bought this for me as a gift from Paris. Otherwise, I would never buy something this expensive!

on 3/21/2012 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Too expensive for what it is. Lots of girls use this, but it makes me gag. Too..I dunno..blah. Smells like something I'd find at Wal-Mart on clearance.

This one is only "okay." It's comes off a bit strong at first, but there is something pleasant about it. Overall though, not my cup of tea. I can tolerate it, but not indulge in it.

on 2/2/2012 7:01:00 AM

Made me sick to my stomach and gave me a terrible headache... luckily I only tried it in the store, but then I had to walk around and do the grocery shopping and all I wanted to do was go home and wash my arm!!! When I finally got to wash my arm it wouldn't come off! I used warm water, hand soap, a washcloth and eventually make-up remover and when that wouldn't work I scrubbed my arm with salt. (Seriously.) My baby son wouldn't stop crying either... think he hates it??

on 1/26/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful elegant fragrance. One of my favorites. If I had to choose a fragrance to wear for the rest of my life, this would probably be one of my top three.

on 12/28/2011 9:07:00 PM

I got it for a Christmas and it was love at first smell! It is pleasant but not "too much". I have received many compliments when wear it. Very plain packaging, but still love the scent!!

on 12/20/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I look much younger than I am, and aside from still being constantly carded, when I go Chanel shopping unfamiliar SAs continue to foist Chance upon me when I mention liking Chanel perfumes. Chance is about as far from classic, chic Chanel perfumes as one could get, which I suppose was the point and for me is a turnoff. It starts off with a strong blast of citrus and pepper akin to Coco Mademoiselle, and dries down to a generic sweet woodsy-vanilla-patch confection...like Coco Mademoiselle. It indeed smells young, but not in the positive sense IMO. I may have no love for Mademoiselle, but it's much better blended than Chance and I can't imagine why someone would buy Chance when they can opt for her much more sophisticated sister for just a few dollars more. Isn't sophistication the allure of Chanel? I suppose Chance is fine for one with -teen after their age, but I can't imagine this vanilla-citrus water as appropriate on anyone beyond that.

on 12/13/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

#872 review on Chance.The Citron in this formula, combined with hyacinth, gives the scent its fresh, youthful top note amber of Patchouli and Jasmine give the fragrance its spicy warmth and sensuality.The combo gives this scent a tendency to "evolve" from fresh and bright to sophisticated and sexy.....very very nice and pretty if it works with your chemistry. This scent doesn't get much love because I'm guessing since it's not extremely complex, but I can see why it's popular. It's not ground-breaking, but it strikes a neat balance between clean/sweet, crisp/soft, sexy/professional, dressy/casual. Everyone's nose and chemistry is different and so are their opinions. It's one of those fragrances that women of all ages can wear, making them smell modern, classy, and sexy all at once. It's not one of those intense and overwhelming old ladyish smells. I know alot of perfume inthuseniast find this to plain. I would rather smell crisp and clean then someone trying to smell so complex but everyone holds their nose around them. Ohhh,and men LOVE this btw. When I wear this I feel uplifted. This makes me like this since this does something for my spirits and mood which also effects those around me as well which could impact my day like a domino effect.This matters to me more then seeking something extremly complex.

on 12/4/2011 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Wonderful not in my top 5 though. The drydown smells better than the intial fragrance which is always a plus to me. My favorite is Jean Paul Gaultier classique and this smells similar to me.

on 11/13/2011 10:52:00 PM

I smell chance everywhere. I think it smells lovely on some people. I despise this on my own skin. I don't like it.

Popular Fragrances