Chanel Chance

3.8

on 12/28/2011 9:07:00 PM

I got it for a Christmas and it was love at first smell! It is pleasant but not "too much". I have received many compliments when wear it. Very plain packaging, but still love the scent!!

on 12/20/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I look much younger than I am, and aside from still being constantly carded, when I go Chanel shopping unfamiliar SAs continue to foist Chance upon me when I mention liking Chanel perfumes. Chance is about as far from classic, chic Chanel perfumes as one could get, which I suppose was the point and for me is a turnoff. It starts off with a strong blast of citrus and pepper akin to Coco Mademoiselle, and dries down to a generic sweet woodsy-vanilla-patch confection...like Coco Mademoiselle. It indeed smells young, but not in the positive sense IMO. I may have no love for Mademoiselle, but it's much better blended than Chance and I can't imagine why someone would buy Chance when they can opt for her much more sophisticated sister for just a few dollars more. Isn't sophistication the allure of Chanel? I suppose Chance is fine for one with -teen after their age, but I can't imagine this vanilla-citrus water as appropriate on anyone beyond that.

on 12/13/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

#872 review on Chance.The Citron in this formula, combined with hyacinth, gives the scent its fresh, youthful top note amber of Patchouli and Jasmine give the fragrance its spicy warmth and sensuality.The combo gives this scent a tendency to "evolve" from fresh and bright to sophisticated and sexy.....very very nice and pretty if it works with your chemistry. This scent doesn't get much love because I'm guessing since it's not extremely complex, but I can see why it's popular. It's not ground-breaking, but it strikes a neat balance between clean/sweet, crisp/soft, sexy/professional, dressy/casual. Everyone's nose and chemistry is different and so are their opinions. It's one of those fragrances that women of all ages can wear, making them smell modern, classy, and sexy all at once. It's not one of those intense and overwhelming old ladyish smells. I know alot of perfume inthuseniast find this to plain. I would rather smell crisp and clean then someone trying to smell so complex but everyone holds their nose around them. Ohhh,and men LOVE this btw. When I wear this I feel uplifted. This makes me like this since this does something for my spirits and mood which also effects those around me as well which could impact my day like a domino effect.This matters to me more then seeking something extremly complex.

on 12/4/2011 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Wonderful not in my top 5 though. The drydown smells better than the intial fragrance which is always a plus to me. My favorite is Jean Paul Gaultier classique and this smells similar to me.

on 11/13/2011 10:52:00 PM

I smell chance everywhere. I think it smells lovely on some people. I despise this on my own skin. I don't like it.

on 11/8/2011 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i LOVE the pink one its the best chanel fragrance ive ever smelled<3 all the other ones are way too over powering and strong for me

on 11/7/2011 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My mother got this for me as a birthday gift. It's definitely my type of scent! I'm not a perfume guru so I don't really smell all the subtle parts of it that other women seem to smell, but on me, it's light, floral and refreshing. It doesn't have the sickly sweet or fruity scents that appeal to teens or pre-teens, but it's definitely a youthful, spring-y sort of scent. I smell it faintly even after 10 hrs at work!

The packaging is a circular, flat sort of bottle, which is pretty enough but not terribly interesting. I still love this scent though, and I'm glad I got it as a gift because it seems pretty pricey (but since this is Chanel, I guess that's normal).

on 11/5/2011 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This was the perfume that launched my scent obsession. I got my first bottle quite a while back, when it first came out, and I actually used the entire thing over the course of one school year. Looking back, I probably wore a little too much, but we live and learn! I'm still very fond of it, and I have the EDP in my collection. I wear it more often than not!

Between Chance and Coco Mademoiselle, I would hands-down choose Chance. Why? It's obviously a personal preference, but I think it's much better balanced. I think the patchouli is more pronounced too, and I love patchouli. I also feel like Chance is a close sister of Coco's, which is another of my favorites. (I'm not convinced that Coco and Coco Mademoiselle should actually share names, for that matter! I will run screaming when someone is wearing too much of the latter, but I adore Coco.)

Chance is young, but it shouldn't be faulted. I find it very refreshing and bright, and unlike other "young" smelling perfumes, it's not totally overbearing or worse, banal.

I got this perfume as a gift for my birthday and while I prefer Mademoiselle, I have been pleasantly surprised by how much I like this scent. I don't like perfumes that are too heavy, but I also want them to last. This one definitely does.

on 10/20/2011 12:39:00 AM