Chanel Chance

3.8

on 6/21/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Chanel Chance is definitely my favorite perfume! It is light and has a younger feel to it. (I hate perfumes that make me smell like an old lady) I especially like to wear it in the Spring and Summer months. This scent makes me happy and feel sexy!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I used to love it but now it smells like an old lady so I wouldn't repurchase it. I use it as a bathroom air freshener.

on 4/30/2012 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Honestly, when I got this in a swap I was thinking this perfume was going to be STRONG considering it was Chanel. I was wrong. It's a little confusing how this perfume works, it started out strong as expected. However, the heart of the perfume comes fairly fast (maybe 30 mins - 1 hour) it smells soft to my nose, but the perfume itself is pretty dominate, dominate enough even after one spritz. I read somewhere that the top notes were pink pepper, lemon and pineapple... but in my opinion the pineapple never leaves the heart of the perfume, that's partly why I'm very attracted to Chance. I admit that I'm not a great admirer of patchouli, but it compliments Chance.

The circular bottle is very classy.

If you were sitting next to me, or standing in front of me you could definitely smell it... to me it's soft on the nose depending on who wears it. This is not a signature scent of mine, but it is a beautiful fragrance and though I could see most girls wearing this casually, I prefer to where this occasionally... it's that special.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm by no means a perfume junkie but I have great taste in perfume. This is an excellent scent, in my opinion. IT'S CHANEL, AFTER ALL. You can't go wrong. I'm a Sophomore in high school, and this scent is perfect for day to day and night use as well. I have quite a few expensive perfumes from brands like CK, but this is my favourite. I don't understand why it has such a low rating. I love the scent, and in conjunction with an unscented lotion, this lasts almost all day on me. Whenever I wear this, people always compliment, and I've even had a guy friend say that I smelled really nice. However, the price... is way too much for teens and maybe even young women. My Dad bought this for me as a gift from Paris. Otherwise, I would never buy something this expensive!

on 3/21/2012 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Too expensive for what it is. Lots of girls use this, but it makes me gag. Too..I dunno..blah. Smells like something I'd find at Wal-Mart on clearance.

This one is only "okay." It's comes off a bit strong at first, but there is something pleasant about it. Overall though, not my cup of tea. I can tolerate it, but not indulge in it.

on 2/2/2012 7:01:00 AM

Made me sick to my stomach and gave me a terrible headache... luckily I only tried it in the store, but then I had to walk around and do the grocery shopping and all I wanted to do was go home and wash my arm!!! When I finally got to wash my arm it wouldn't come off! I used warm water, hand soap, a washcloth and eventually make-up remover and when that wouldn't work I scrubbed my arm with salt. (Seriously.) My baby son wouldn't stop crying either... think he hates it??

on 1/26/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful elegant fragrance. One of my favorites. If I had to choose a fragrance to wear for the rest of my life, this would probably be one of my top three.

on 12/28/2011 9:07:00 PM

I got it for a Christmas and it was love at first smell! It is pleasant but not "too much". I have received many compliments when wear it. Very plain packaging, but still love the scent!!

on 12/20/2011 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I look much younger than I am, and aside from still being constantly carded, when I go Chanel shopping unfamiliar SAs continue to foist Chance upon me when I mention liking Chanel perfumes. Chance is about as far from classic, chic Chanel perfumes as one could get, which I suppose was the point and for me is a turnoff. It starts off with a strong blast of citrus and pepper akin to Coco Mademoiselle, and dries down to a generic sweet woodsy-vanilla-patch confection...like Coco Mademoiselle. It indeed smells young, but not in the positive sense IMO. I may have no love for Mademoiselle, but it's much better blended than Chance and I can't imagine why someone would buy Chance when they can opt for her much more sophisticated sister for just a few dollars more. Isn't sophistication the allure of Chanel? I suppose Chance is fine for one with -teen after their age, but I can't imagine this vanilla-citrus water as appropriate on anyone beyond that.

Popular Fragrances