November 20, 2014 | 1951 users online

Lips - Nivea - Lip Care

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by cheekypig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love all Nivea Lip Care products; they're so cheap and they work to really make my lips soft and gorgeous. My favourite ones are the Caregloss and Shine (especially the natural and pink), Strawberry and Repair and Protect. They smell beautifully and more importantly, leave my lips smooth and nourished. I love to stock up on them when I can as they are so cheap, and the strawberry one isn't all that easily found in my area. The Caregloss and Shine is perfect for everyday wear as they provide a subtle, glossy shine and perfect moisture. The strawberry is great to keep lips smooth and soft, with just a whisper of sheer, red tint to lips; as if you've come from bitter cold, snowy weather. The Repair and Protect provides instant nourishment and relief to chapped lips and keep them smooth and soft.
I've also tried the Essential, and it's not too bad, but it doesn't last very long on lips. Although it's fairly moisturising, I love Strawberry and Repair better. I really like Pearl and Shine as well, but there are a lot of negative reviews on it. It leaves a gorgeous pale pink sheen to lips and although it doesn't provide much moisture, I still like it. Overall, I'll probably reach for Nivea Lip Care products more than my divine Dr. Hauschka.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:49:00 AM More reviews by wllow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am literally in love with this. when I was buying some Nivea lotion at the drugstore a few weeks ago, I saw a display for these balms and thought I'd give it a try. I'll explain first that I am ADDICTED to lipstuff. I have dozens of lipsticks, three times as many glosses, and even more chapsticks and balms. the second I tried Nivea's, I knew it was absolutely perfect for me; it reminds me of an expensive balm my mom owns, which I constantly steal. the wide, rounded stick makes for easy application, and the balm itself is almost amazing: it is not waxy, greasy, sticky, hard/dry, etc. it soaks in and softens the lips, so that they feel very smooth and hydrated all day. I have started throwing out all of my other balms, knowing that I'll probably never use them again. I highly recommend and I will be repurchasing many times over.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by eoifemacbeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

LABELLO IN THE STATES FTW!

Okay, to edit: I've now tried three of these (finally found a bunch of back stock boxes at a Publix and quasi-illegally dug through them), the "Essential Lip Care" (Labello Classic), "Hydrating Lip Care SPF 4" (Labello HydroCare), and "Sun Care SPF 30" (Labello UV Care). All three have been IDENTICAL to my Labello favorites of yore, and I could not be more thrilled.

I've never found a lip balm in the States that's even compared---I like a lot of the balms available here, but they don't work too well, or smell weird, or are too sticky, or are too waxy, yadda yadda blah blah blah. Labello (and now Nivea) lipcare is the absolute top: smooth, low-gloss balms with a lovely (and VERY light) scent that don't soak in immediately but also don't just lie on top of your lips refusing to hydrate.

The Essential Lip Care follows the above rule; the Hydrating Lip Care SPF 4 is a little thinner, smoother balm that soaks in more quickly to provide immediate moisture and relief. The Sun Care SPF 30 is a little waxier, soaking in to moisturize but also providing your lips with a barrier of long-lasting balm to protect from the sun.

I absolutely couldn't praise these balms more!

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

This is a review for Nivea lip care -Essential. I've bought so many tubes of this its unbelievable =.= i keep losing them!!! why cant i lose the ones i hate instead...lol. anyway, i really like these because its a really basic lip balm that does its job, nothing fancy (i reckon) and i like the packaging a lot, no more dirty fingers and its so convenient, i wont look like a make up freak by reapplying it during the day out in the open since it's so quick and easy to use (especially unlike the ones in tubs where i have to spend so much time scooping it out with the back of my finger nails etc. you get the drift). i just realised that i lost it again, so i'll probably be heading out to get another one very soon (luckily it's so cheap). btw i look one lippy off because its not the most moisturising balm i've used, it works for everyday lip maintenance but not very dry flaky lips i sometimes get during winter. but i still highly recommend it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 5:36:00 AM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Great basic cheap lipbalms. Reasonable ingredients and formulae, gentle and moisturising, no irritation, not tested on animals, cheap and easy to find in many places. Decent little sticks in sturdy plastic packaging. Labello balms are made by the same parent company and very similar. More detailed review at end of this one for the SUN SPF 25 version (same as stand-alone review).

Strongly recommended:

ESSENTIAL - the classic in the line; soft, smooth, with jojoba oil, and the one that smells closest to good old Nivea cream (blue pot). There are more moisturising lipbalms out there, but this is a good standby to have around the place. MEN is the same but in snazzy black packaging. I went over to it at one point when in a total-black phase.

ROSE - similar, more moisturising, with grapeseed oil too, and a lovely delicate rosy-pink tint. Tastes slightly of rose.

PEARL + SHINE - is rather like ROSE, but shimmery.

REPAIR + PROTECT and SOS - superior versions of the good old ESSENTIAL. Also excellent on chapped knuckles, elbows, and the like.

There's also a series of tinted CAREGLOSS + SHINE: not tried, but they look like their names suggest. Also not tried (I'm sceptical of the claims...): an ANTI-WRINKLE Q10 one. There's one called ALPINE or something like it, high SPF for skiing: avoid it, it's crap, horrid, and drying. I found a thin layer of vaseline plus zinc oxide cream on top was the only solution for high altitude.

The prices vary, but here in Europe they're in the EUR 2.50 - 5.00 range, roughly.

SUN SPF 25: Excellent cheap basic lip sunscreen. Silky-smooth, no white cast, and tastes lovely - like the smell of the Nivea blue pot cream, slightly vanilla. Contains lots of waxes, a little shea butter, and jojoba oil. Photostable part-physical, pat-chemical sunscreen.

The physical part: titanium dioxide.

The chemical:
--- ethylhexyl triazone - aka Uvinul T 150 (EU approved);
--- butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane - aka Avobenzone (FDA + EU approved);
--- diethylhexyl butamido triazone - aka UVAsorb HEB (EU approved).

This is the ONLY not-purely-mineral lip sunscreen I've used without reaction (great excitement! much leaping with joy!!); admittedly over another, very moisturising, lipbalm.

I used this for years in my childhood, abandoned it for others, and have now returned (my Lavera Ti02 lip sunscreen recently hardened, went off, and died). The Sun's apparently been reformulated, and I think feels softer on the lips and leaves less of a white cast than its previous incarnation. Much more moisturising than the other lip sunscreens I'd been using (the Lavera and E45).

Used alone, it's smooth without being gloopy, sticky, or overly liquid or oily. I apply a moisturising balm first thing in the morning (Weleda Everon), then this plus lip colour on top before leaving home; and I carry another Sun plus lipstick for top-ups during the day. A good solution if your favourite lippie has no SPF - and saving you the switch to a compromise SPF lippie that just isn't quite up to your favourite one.

Comes in a 4.8 g. tube. Not tested on animals (like all Nivea and other Beiersdorf parent-group products). Costs about EUR 2.50 - 3.50.

INGREDIENTS: cera microcristallina, hydrogenated polydecene, cetyl palmitate, ricinus communis, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, ethylhexyl triazone, myristyl myristate, octyldodecanol, synthetic wax, titanium dioxide, cetaryl alcohol, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, c20-40 alkyl stearate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, cera carnauba, butyrospermum parkii, simmondsia chinensis, tocopheryl acetate, diethylhexyl butamido triazone, cera alba, polyglyceryl-2 dipolyhydroxystearate, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, limonene, linalool, benzyl benzoate, citral, parfum, ci 19140. continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by trulylovely

My HG lipbalm!!! I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet! I am a self-proclaimed lip balm junkie, I've tried almost every version of every brand in search of ones I love. I never finish them because I always lose them, and I have lip balm in almost every corner of my house, every bag, everywhere! I was sent a RAOK of Nivea Essential balm, and ever since then it has been my HG. I've stopped purchasing other brands, and rely solely on CPs to get this, since it is not available in the US. Luckily a few kind MUAers in the UK have been nice enough to feed my addiction. I now have one of these in almost every room of my house, and at work too. I wear it almost 24/7, before bed, under lipsticks, all the time.

I like the dark blue tube (Essential) but the light blue tube is also great (Repair I think?). Even my SO has started using these, which is great for me cause he has dry lips but hates lip balm, and he actually likes these! If you are in the US and can get a CP, I would definitely reccommend this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 2:14:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I love this product. I use the dark blue tube at night because I find my lips really dry out at night and this takes care of that problem and I use the light blue hydrocare one under my lipstick during the day. It makes my lipstick feel much more natural and comfortable. I love how these products are moisturizing without feeling heavy or greasy. Plus the price is great I usually have a few tubes around the bathroom and a few in my purse (people keep stealing them from me!!). Will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 11:03:00 PM More reviews by pailbluesea

Cherry has a great tint, & the yellow SPF one smells nice & is v soft. They do their job well; my lips feel nice & soft & moisturized. I pile this stuff on :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2008 2:58:00 AM More reviews by cheekypwincess

Cherry and Strawberry are the best! They leave a red tint and makes the lips look oh-so-natural and beautiful. Definitely a HG! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 10:39:00 AM More reviews by daphn3_t

I'm on my 2nd tube this year. I'm using Nivea Essential (the dark blue tube) and it's really good! I never thought I'd find HG status in a drugstore brand (I'm pretty much a brand snob.. haha).

This lipbalm does not contain menthol (bad for lips), does not contain colouring, does not contain fragrance. It also does not have SPF which suits me just well cos my lips don't take SPF well (it makes my lips dry and peel).

It goes perfectly well under lipsticks and gloss, moisturizing my lips but does not interfere with my lipsticks and gloss too.