E.L.F. Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyl Palmitate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Triacontanyl PVP, Propylene Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Barium Sulfate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019).

There are certainly pros and cons to this product.
Pros- only $1, a little goes a long way, blendable, finishes into a powder
Cons- only works if you put NYX jumbo eye pencil over it, bad packaging, greasy and oily feel

Overall, I like it and will continue to purchase this product. :)

on 3/23/2014 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I actually like this better than the urban decay primer potion?! And for the price, can't beat it. Simple to use,cheap, and effective= winning.

on 3/20/2014 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I smell nothing from this product. It makes an eyeshadow color show off better. But it neither makes the eyeshadow last longer nor prevent them to crease. I think if you don't have an super oily skin like me, this product is great. Because it is soooooooo cheap!

on 3/18/2014 3:18:00 PM

I think for the price ($1) this product is amazing. I haven't tried any other eyelid primers but in my opinion this primer does pretty decent job: it prevents creasing, makes eyeshadow colors more opaque and also slightly masks little broken capillaries above my eyelid. Overall it's grate primer for the price and great for those who are just starting to use eyeshadows and eyelid primers.

on 3/13/2014 5:25:00 PM

If you don't have super oily lids this is great!! I get some small creasing, but for $1 it's for sure a go to primer.

on 3/12/2014 5:25:00 PM

I really wanted to like this since the price is so affordable, but it unfortunately made my eyes itchy.

on 2/28/2014 9:35:00 PM

Great product, but horrible smell!!

PROS:
This is a great eyelid primer - it goes on smoothly, a little goes a long way, and it makes putting on eye makeup easy. It makes eye shadow colours more vibrant (makes them "pop") and helps to keep the eye shadow stay in place and prevent colour depositing in the crease throughout the day. Great price.

CONS:
The smell is minging!!! It smells like synthetic plastic horribleness... it's not a smell I've been able to get used to, and although the product does what it's supposed to the smell has completely put me off using it.

The packaging is very basic, and when trying to get the applicator out of the bottle it sticks at the end, so you have to be a bit forceful to get the end of the wand out of the bottle which causes it to flick product around if you're not careful.

VERDICT:
I will not be repurchasing, I will be spending more money on a better smelling product.

on 2/22/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this primer. I have tried different primers and eyeshadow base like Laura Mercier, Pixi, and wet n wild take the day on, basically looking for something that won't dry my lids since they are already dry, and I have to say this does a pretty good job! Much better than the products I've mentioned before. It's hard to find a good eye primer when you have dry eyelids because I feel most products are made to prevent oiliness. This primer is not tacky or too dry, a little goes a long way, and my eyeshadow stays put through a whole 8 hours. I'm not too crazy about the packaging but it's not a big deal. For $1 I'm stocking up on these for sure!

on 2/21/2014 7:12:00 PM

HG! I haven't been able to find a single thing other than this that does the trick on preventing that half-moon shape that happens on my hooded eyelids from using eyeliner. ELF's Essential Eye Primer feels thin and a bit oily between your fingers, though dries with a powder-like finish that looks natural and feels soft.

Really lovely primer that comes in a tiny tube with a cute wand like lip gloss. I'm not in love with the packaging so much, seeing as you can't ever really get the last bit of product in there, though that's a minor problem.

Does wonders to even my very, very fair skin tone. Plus, have you seen the price? $1.00? Ridiculous! I'm in love!

on 2/20/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like how smoothly this primer goes on. You really don't need more than a dot or two of primer per eyelid because it's thin and sheer. Those complaining that it's too oily may be putting too much on. Overall, it makes even the worst eyeshadows stay on for hours and it blends well for all skin colors. I mean it's a dollar-you won't be losing much if you find that you don't like it.