April 16, 2014 | 1512 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by shutterbug07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic value for money at $1, this eyelid primer works well for helping your eye shadow last if you are dealing with hot weather or oily lids. It applies smoothly and has a silky, creamy texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This a great primer. It's creamy, smooth and it blends well into the skin, and it dries down fairly quickly. I have oily skin, and this lasts all day on me without any creasing (some slight fading though). The packaging is great, and very easy to use. It's a great value at $1; you get a lot of product. This may be replacing my too faced eyes hadow insurance which was my go to.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by rkhan38

This is an okay primer, it does help my eyeliner last all day especially as I have oily skin but sometimes it's quite an oily product and it doesn't feel good applying but do still recommend

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by wonderlandecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this works great! But doesn't work well for girls and guys with oily eyelids. I don't think it world better than ud primer potion. Doesn't really make your eyeshadow stand out, but does neutralize colour on the lids. I can't complain too much since this is only a dollar. But my eyeshadow does tend to crease by the end of the day, but this does prolong the staying power as opposed to not using a primer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by APrettyPeacock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't think there is much more to say than this is a wonderful product and cost boat loads less than the competition and there are no parabens (are you listening Urban Decay?) so that is better all around. It lasts as long as I need it. Yesterday it lasted 11 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by Lilola07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! It's the first an only eyeshadow primer I've ever tried, but I don't plan on getting any others because this works amazingly and the price is awesome. I've also heard that it works just as we'll (if not better) than the urban decay primer potion.....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by haemoglobin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, the best eyelid primer I've ever had for the price like this!

Costs nothing, for my rather oily eyelids nothing worked until I bought that (I thought nothing expensive I'll give it a go) and it was the best decision! I apply a thin layer when I want to use eye shadows (usually use only eyeliner) and it guarantee that everything stay on my eyelid forever (of course not verbatim:P)

I did test, on one eyelid I applied primer and one was only covered with eye shadows - the results were shocking, after few hours at work eye shadows were rolled and curdy on the eyelid without E.l.F primer, and they looked perfect on the eyelid with primer. You really won't be disappointed, as my eyelid are hooded and nothing worked, until I discovered E.l.F:)))

Now I can finally enjoy wearing eye shadows without disappointment when look in the mirror after few hours!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by XxShadowEyesxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Its alright I would say. With this, my eyeshadow creases in less than an hour, and I put layers and layers on. Maybe it's because I have oily eyelids? Because this primer itself is oily and very liquidy. But for $1, you can't beat that. Haha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have oily lids so I need to apply eye primer before I put any powder shadow. I found this elf eye primer at my local target for only $1 so I gave it a try and I love it. I used to buy the NYX milk but it only made my eyeshadow color more vibrant but won't stop it from creasing (since its only a base not a primer). This Elf primer not only made the colors vibrant but I never had a creasing since I start using it. I guess it depends on the total hours you want your eye makeup to last, for me I need total of 8 hrs for my eye makeup to last and the elf eye primer did just that for me. If you need your eye makeup to last 12+hrs maybe you should check out other brand like the UD primer potion or the Too Faced shadow insurance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

What an awesome product and works amazzzing!! Comes with a wand applicator that I dab to my lids and spread with my fingers. Texture is perfect and dries instantly. My shadows last all day or night with no smearing or smudging and colors pop even more. Theres not a whole lot of product in the tube compared to other primers but for 1$, i'll buy this over and over again!!! Theres no need to seek high end counters for a great primer. A++++ Urban Decay, who???