July 31, 2014 | 1802 users online

Eye Primer - E.L.F. - Essential Eyelid Primer - Sheer

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Such a great buy! This feels just like UD's primer potion, only so much more product and wayyy cheaper! My eyeshadow lasted a full eight hours even after jogging to school, and my eyeliner didn't run into my cracks or anything. The container looks a bit cheap, but it's a dollar, what did I expect. Thank you ELF for the great cheap primer! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by neeeks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this eyelid primer! It works sooo well for my combination skin and it honestly keeps my eyeliner in tact (no more raccoon eyes and most importantly no more smudging!) I've tried a good amount of eyelid primers but I must say for the price ($1) and quality it can't be beat. Normally, I don't wear makeup everyday but when I do use this product it lasts all day/night and keeps intact. This is my go-to eyelid primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Tushky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Speechless! On my first ELF order i decided to give it a try to this primer...for 2euro(the price in Romania) i didn't have what to loose. I was so surprised! My makeup stays perfect in place all day long...and by "perfect" i mean PERFECT. I had before an eyelid primer from Urban Decay and i really can't see the difference.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by TheGoofQueen

I absolutely LOVE this eyelid primer. My eyes are set just right that 90% of shadows crease HORRIBLY within the first two hours of wear, but I have NEVER had that problem when I put this on my lids first. I wore this during a play that involved a lot of dancing (and thus a lot of sweating!) and my insanely bright-colored eyeshadow was right where I had put it before the curtain went up. It also held up to four hours of line dancing (again, LOTS of sweating) without letting anything budge an inch. I do feel a slight tingle when I first apply it (this goes away once I blend it into the eye) which might be 'painful' to more sensitive eyes, but it's never hurt me. Seriously, for $1, this is the best eyelid primer you can buy. If you've never used one before and want to try one, try THIS one. It's cheap and effective - what more can you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by kirstenf376

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye primer. I am not very experienced in eye primers, the only one I've used before was one that came in an NYC eyeshadow quad, but my lids are very oily and this primer definitely keeps my shadow from creasing without having to touch up during the day. I definitely recommend this. For $1 you can't go wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great value for a buck!! God this is a steal! I've used them all and this is just as good as urban decays primer potion. And $19 less! Please try this for a dollar, you will be pleasantly surprised! If ur new to makeup or on a budget, this is perfect for u! If ur just sick of spending 20 bucks on the big brand names then this is for u. I was skeptical too but not anymore!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Mysticrhythm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE this eye primer. I will admit that when it comes to eye primers I'm not very experienced as I've only ever used L'Oreal DeCrease before. My lids are very hooded and quite oily so I have to prime to get my eye makeup to stay put for more than 2 minutes. The L'Oreal DeCrease helped tremendously but still my shadows would crease after about 4 or 5 hours. With this one, however...today I've had it on for 12 hours with NO touchups (3 hours of which were spent in the humid Texas heat chasing my toddler around a kiddie park) and although the intensity of the color has faded a little bit, there is absolutely NO creasing. For me, that's a miracle. And for $1, that's even more of miracle! I've only just started using this but I think its going to be HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a cheap primer but of great quality! I have Urban Decay's Primer Potion(original) and I honestly could not see a difference in both of them. This eyelid primer makes my eye makeup lasts all day and mind you, I do have oily eyelid sometimes.

Will repurchase this instead of UDPP (which I got together with the Naked Palette).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's better than not using a primer but definitely not great.

Cons:
Did virtually nothing to prevent creasing or smearing of eyeliner
Very little product in package - seems to be me it's full of mostly air as I've only used it 7 - 10 times and I barely have anything left in the tube

Pro:
$1
Light in texture and easy to apply

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my go-to eye primer, I've gone through countless tubes of this stuff and I don't plan on switching to anything else because this works great for only a dollar. The only thing I don't love about this primer is that it doesn't have enough...stick? It blends into the eyelid very well but I have to use a different base like a cream shadow over it to really get my eyeshadows to their full potential (I don't mind it though, I pretty much always use some kind of base after primer.)

But it's amazing how well this works for being only a buck.