July 26, 2014 | 1418 users online

Highlighters - TheBalm - Mary-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by shuluva1

This is my HG highlighter! A little goes a very long way and you want to use a very light hand while applying. So happy I decided to purchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by KitKatKat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Gorgeous highlighter - the best I have tried! This is 100 times better than NARS albatross which appeared metallic and too golden yellow on my skin. It was also quite chunky and not finely milled like this one. It gives such a gorgeous golden champagne sheen...very pretty. Use a light hand as it is pigmented. It's so smooth and I love the sturdy packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by syrli

i tried this product once (couple of years ago), i ordered it home from an internet web site, and i was very disappointed! i was trying and trying to apply it,but no color reflex or shine came on the skin from it,like cheap kids makeup or something!..it was really an weird product i thought,later i have heard so many good things about it..Now i wonder if i got an product that was expired on the date.i just tossed it out after a while..i have quite light skin so it should have shown up at my skin ..not even in bright daylight could i see a differense...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first ever highlighter and I've been loving it since I bought it about a month ago. I use it mainly under my brow bone and lightly on my cheeks. It applies really well and blends out pretty nicely. It doesn't give any color and it doesn't look glittery. It just adds beautiful shine. And the package is really, really pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Blushaholiclove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite highlighters, but since I got Betty I don't rely tend to use this unless I want a very strong "I have on highlighter highlight" I checked that I would purchase again but only if I got it on hautelook for half off like I did in the first place. I love the cut packaging, I meen who wouldn't, other then that great highlight for on top of cheeks and brow bone highlight, tooo glittery to put down bridge of nose

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by keyshias34

My Hg highlighter!!!!!! I love Mary so much since I bought her I have forgotten about all my other highlighters. Its a gorgeous pale gold champagney color ( NOT TOO YELLOW GOLD). It's dramatic but absolutely no glitter! Just makes you look fresh and dewey. Soft buttery texture and super pigmented. I feel the price is fair especially because you receive a ton of product. Only one problem when I'm darker about Nc45 during summer months it could look just a tad Icey/ashy. So I mix it when I'm darker but otherwise it blends into skin beautifully. So if your dark I would recommend Betty lou manizer instead which is a bronzer but works as a highlighter on dark/deep skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

I bought this luminizer based on the rave reviews that it gets here on MUA. I agree that it's very pretty and the powder is extremely soft and pigmented. However, i don't think i'd buy it again since i think it's not very natural looking at all. It definitely is very obvious and doesn't really give that "lit from within" glow but rather gives a very obvious shimmery effect on the face. Maybe i'm just not applying it correctly but I much prefer my Too Faced Candlelight duo highlighter as it's much more subtle.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by aalley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been hearing about this product for YEARS and I was dying to try it I am a highlighter junkie, I love a shimmer in the rain, winter, spring, and fall. I just love it, but I did not love this product I think this is a great product for medium to tan skin tones but anything slightly darker no. I am NW43/NC45 skintone and Cadiz in NARS, when I put this highlighter on it looked so ashy I was not a fan I tried it again and again to make it work but with no luck, its great for the bridge of the nose but not for the cheeks.

Whats interesting is I have actually seen girls wayy darker than me wear this and look flawless so maybe this product just can't find a happy medium. I sometimes use it as and eyeshadow or highlight in the tear duct but thats as far as it goes.

I'll stick to my Giella Eye M Glam which is an highlighter formulated by Kim K. makeup artist.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

EDIT: Will not purchase because I'm going green with my makeup. I'm sticking with RMS' Luminizer, which I so love. RMS' Luminizer is also easier to apply.

I just had to buy it because of all the hype surrounding it. Overall, I am pleased. I would not use it as an eyeshadow, but I may use it to highlight around my eyeshadow if I'm feeling extra creative. I would not use it for my cheeks either. I much prefer RMS' Luminizer for the cheeks because it looks natural and glowy (not powdery). Also, with RMS one it's easier to make it appear natural. It's hard to go overboard. With these, it's very easy. This goes great in the inner part of eyes, cupids bow, and below the lower lip. I specifically bought it for below the lower lip since my Luminizer has coconut oil and breaks me out in that particular area. This gives those areas a natural sheen.

I don't know if I'll repurchase since I don't think this will ever run out. They give way too much product. I'd much prefer half the size for half the price. Takes so much space in my palette. This is literally bigger than some powder foundations, and even if you used that powder foundation over your ENTIRE face for a year straight, you'd probably still have some left. The amount they give is pretty excessive. Bigger than any powder blush I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by YENSUONG

This is a miracle in a compact! A little goes a long the way. This can be use to highlight cheeks, nose or eyeshadow. It can be for multi purpose which is so convenient for me. I highly recommend everyone this! This will make your face glow like a goddess! :)