October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Volume Flash The Max

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by rachieevazo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The packaging caught my attention due to the bright pink tube but i don't really like pink. Haha (: I bought this for $6.99 at my local shoppers drugmart on its sale. I first saw this mascara on a tv commercial and the models lashes looked so fake because of the dramatic falsies. I just wanted to try it out. I don't like it at all. It's very clumpy and the brush is clumpy. This mascara flakes in a couple of hours (4 or more). This is just my opinion and i have asian lashes so it's hard to get the lash look i want. I will not buy this mascara again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by christinevy

First impressions about this mascara was the awesome pink tube. The mascara itself, however, dragged down my eyelashes soooo bad. There was volume and thickness, a little length, but it smudged by the end of 4-5 hours. I'll keep using it, but I won't buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought The Max Volume Express Waterproof at CVS because I've heard good things about Rimmel mascaras in general & I'm a sucker for any lash product with the word VOLUME. I used the product twice with no luck either time. The wand is big, not Diorshow big, but larger than most mascara wands I've used and has lots of bristles. The mascara formula itself is not again, middle range. Not too runny and not too thick. The problem with the mascara is that it did nothing for my lashes in terms of volume. I have very long lashes that are also transparent blond. The black shade was not nearly black enough to make my lashes show up with 2 coats. It was tough to apply the mascara to my inner lashes. That's nothing new because I have deep set eyes, but some mascara wands are better than others and this one sucks. I didn't notice flaking but the clumping was substantial. I would highly recommend spending your money on CG Lash Blast Volumizing Waterproof instead of this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by anna8607

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This did nothing for my lashes... It just made them look a little spidery and it did nothing for volume. It also flakes. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Well this was a let down. If you do not have naturally full lashes this does not work. The formula is thick so it's hard to separate and can give you spidey lashes. Also, it flakes after awhile... Not a summer mascara, but I'm afraid I cannot make this work at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by InCognito1223

I'm on the hunt for the perfect mascara. It has to really separate my lashes and cover well. To me that is what makes your lashes look longer and eyes brighter. However this mascara is okay. I like it over Maybelline Falsies which I found to be kind of thick. So far i'm liking Fiberwig....a bit more pricy but overall doing a better job. Or at least until I find my perfect drug store brand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To be honest I thought this mascara was some sort of joke. I picked it up for less than a fiver at Tesco because I thought I'd give a different brand a chance (I've always been a Maybelline mascara girl, meself) but it's a really thin formula, makes my eyelashes dry all wonky and with the very ends turned downwards. It also splays my lashes out in every which direction. Very strange. No smudging though. I was surprised to see the reletively high stars this was given on MUA. I have given it a chance and worn it for 3 days now, but after today it'll be going in the bin. Back to "The Falsies" Volume Express for me (does anyone else think that that's the old formula, Volum' Express with the curved brush - in new packaging?). Update: 19 August 2010. Well well well! Look who's eating her words? I ended up using this as my the Falsies had run out so I threw this in my makeup bag as I dashed to work. After I'd used it for about a week it started to dry out and thicken up, and in the end I used it to the end of the tube. There was still the problem that it dried my lashes wonky, but once it had thickened up this wasn't as much of a problem - certainly workable. However, saying that, I think it only cost me a fiver so it's good as a back-up mascara to throw into my makeup drawer. In summary, it does what it says on the tin, once it dries out a bit. p.s. I'd previously scored this product: 1, 1, 2, No.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by rach82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've just finished my first tube and here are my thoughts: This was just an okay mascara for me overall, not bad, not super impressive. The formula is thick and a bit less black than I prefer my mascara to be. The dealbreaker for me is that it starts to flake after a couple hours wear. I did like the way it plumped and fanned out my lashes, didnít see much lengthening at all. I also enjoyed the fact that it left them soft to the touch, not hard and brittle like some Iíve tried. The tube seemed to dry out faster than Iím used to, and the older the formula gets, the more clumpy it applies. The packaging is cute, although somewhat cheesy and bright. This is Rimmelís best mascara in my opinion (HATED SC). I would recommend it, but since Iím a mascara junkie and Iím constantly trying new things, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mediocre. Don't rub your eyes even the slightest bit! It will smudge like crazy. Also, even after several layers, there doesn't seem to be much volume added. Not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by caramel87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara is as close to HG as I'll probably ever get! I love it! I have a medium golden complexion and black hair, so I always like my mascara to be SUPER BLACK! I picked up this mascara in Black because it was the darkest one I found, and was a bit worried b/c I usually use Very Black or Extreme Black in other brands. To my surprise, this plain Black was more intense than any other Very/Extreme Black one I have from other brands (and I have A LOT!). I can't possibly imagine a richer black, but reading the reviews informed that this actually comes in Extreme Black.

The Max gives good length and volume, and can easily be built up for the faux-lash look. It doesn't flake on me at all. No smudging either. No clumps, no spider legs. Doesn't dry up quickly in the tube, yet it's not runny - perfect consistency IMO. The result is super lush, ultra black lashes! Wonderful mascara overall.