November 26, 2014 | 1912 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Domed Bronzer Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love ecotools brushes. I think they stand on their own - they aren't super luxurious like Hakuhodo or Suqqu, but for the price - sometimes I feel like they outperform some commercially available brushes that have a much larger price tag (e.g. some lackluster MAC face brushes, Smashbox/EL/Clinique/NARS brushes). They're also great if you are allergic or easily irritated by the fibres in animal hair brushes (I had atopic dermatitis as a child, and as a result I have occasional sensitivity flare ups that are irritated by goat or animal hair brushes). I don't exclusively use them; I have a mix of ecotools, MAC, Hakuhodo and even some random ones from Korean makeup companies, like Missha, which I test and research before adding to my arsenal.

That being said, this bronzer brush is a welcome addition to my collection - I don't really use bronzer, except as an all over face powder when I have self-tanner on for dance competitions (I darken to about NC 35/40 using an airbrush tan), and even then I use a fluffier brush to sheerly dust it on, so I reach for this more as a long-handled kabuki for buffing in mineral powders (for sun protection purposes in the summer), or for blending out harsh edges after I use an angled cheek brush to contour. The taklon bristles are very dense, soft, and don't shed at all (my MAC face brushes with the black natural hairs shed or break off a quite a bit after a couple of years - maybe it's time to replace), and the bamboo handle is nice and sturdy.

The only downside of the brush is that it is kind of bulky (but not as ridiculous as the NARS Botan) and that it takes some effort to clean & dry it compared to natural haired brushes which are a bit easier to clean. However, it's much better than the Quo Professional bronzing brush, or the Smashbox bronzing brush, which are both sheddy and kind of scratchy. I don't think it's all that great for bronzing per se, but for other uses, it's really a great brush. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Cutiepie0816

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great buy! Great for face powder and very soft. Im always up for a good find......its worth the money people if your looking for a great powder brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

This brush is amazing. I have a MUFE kabuki and I never use that because this is softer and larger. I use it to apply powder and blend my makeup. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by chengbo

This is a great brush. I paid 10 dollars CAD. I use it to apply powder and it works wonders for that. I also use this to buff out my blush when I apply too much. It works to apply bronzer all over my face to perk up my skin but I don't think it would be a good brush to contour with because its too big for that. This brush never sheds on me and I also heard some people using this brush for foundation. It is also the most softiest brush I own. will recommend this to anyone and I would repurchase this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by frckls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I fell in love instantly with this brush on the first touch. It's synthetic but it feels like a bunny's tail (Don't ask how I know it. I'm seriously cruelty free when it comes to clothes and makeup and skin products, but I recently got the cutest beanie with rabbit fur pompoms. For my birthday. From my housemate. *groan*).

It NEVER sheds, applies everything beautifully on my skin, and I can't stop buffing it around my face. I always use this for powder products. I use it to apply finishing powder, treatment powder, mineral foundation, and sometimes blushes and bronzers as well.
It gives off quite some coverage when I use it to apply my MMU, probably because of its density. Then easily buffs it in.
I love it for applying blushes/bronzers sheerly (if I tap it out correctly before applying), like "oh yeah it's my natural flush" kind of thing. And one layer is enough.

The bulky handle makes it a little bit tricky for storage. But I find it makes me feel comfortable holding it. Don't ask me why. LOL. Besides, it stands up on its own easily on my vanity.

I seriously want an army of these babies. Who needs pricey brush with this thing exists, seriously?

===EDITED===
After getting the RT Core Collection, plus having TBS Mineral Foundation Brush, I don't find much use from this brush. I rarely use bronzer or highlighter on my body, too. And if I do, I think I can just rely on my TBS brush. I still keep it around j ust because I like how soft and fluffy it feels, although the RT and TBS brushes are actually softer. If I lost it or it comes apart, tho, I won't repurchase.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by egk81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! I have never used it for bronzer, but it is perfect for blending liquid foundation, even better than my trusty MAC 187. I've found it to be the perfect match for my Ellis Faas Skin Veil pen. Wonderful product, terrible packaging, awful brush. But i brush on the foundation with the pen and then quickly blend with the EcoTools brush in circular motions for invisible coverage. I might have to buy a backup of this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

love love love this brush!! comparable to the too faced teddy bear brush. you can use this for liquid foundation, powder, primer, or bronzer. i honestly prefer bristles that are farther apart for bronzers so i don't use it for that, but for foundation coverage, it is amazing!
the only downside is that the handle is so incredibly large, i can't fit it into my pro brush palette/holder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by BlueBabyDoe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Whoa! This brush is the best face brush I own. It's great at multitasking. I can use it for face powder, bronzer, and foundation. I think this brush really shines in applying liquid foundation. It blends out everything to a seamless natural finish. No streaks, no shedding. I've used it with Rimmel 24 hour foundation, Revlon ColorStay, and Revlon Photoready. It has never let me down. Plus, the big sturdy handle will probably last quite a while. It's not flimsy and wobbly like other brushes I've tried. And it's super soft! :) It's so versatile there's no way you wouldn't find some reason to use it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Omg this brush is so soft ! Its softer than my Sigma and Mac brushes.Its really dense but not so much that its pulling your skin(Sigma F82 I'm looking at you).It picks up a lot of product and makes it easy to blend. It hasn't shed a single hair yet and I've had it for 2 months so I don't think it will.I use it to set my foundation with powder and I can't see how anyone could apply bronzer with it as its way too big, but for powder its just the perfect size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by dudeitspaulina

Soft but dense love eco tools