July 25, 2014 | 1702 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Hard Candy - Sheer Envy Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by detroitdollface

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this primer so much! Never again will I spend over $30 on a face primer, this stuff works wonders. I've had it for about a year now, and I use it every day. You're definitely getting a lot, for a little. I was initially worried because it seemed to be a bit greasy at first, but once I applied it to my face that greasiness disappeared! This is definitely a comparable and CHEAP alternative to the Mac primers. 5/5 for sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Rwood1

This PRIMER SUCKS OUTLOUD! Might suck just as bad as using monistat chafing gel on your face!
BROKE ME OUT the 1st day I tried this! HORRIBLE!
The only nive thing about this is the packageing it comes in.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by rosa2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

So I have used up a complete tube of this and I really like this product. I learned like others to just use a small amount and it worked great when I applied it under my eyes before concealer...really helped fill in the lines I sometimes get if I don't sleep enough.
The texture is like smashbox...very silk like and I apply a smidge more than pea size and I dot it on my face and blend in...take some on my finger and pat under my eyes.
Let it set for 2 minutes and apply. Foundation goes no very smoothly and it I didnt notice makeup staying on longer because I use the superstay but I love how silky it makes my skin and fills my pores.
Totally love spending 8 dollars instead of 40!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a very good primer and quite affordable. I realized that when I first got it I was applying too much. It really only takes a small amount. Now that I have that down, it's perfect for me. Mostly helps with application and staying power of my makeup. I got this at Wal-Mart on a whim and I'm glad I purchased it. I use it daily and because of the small amount needed, I think this will last quite awhile. I will repurchase in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by tinyaudiophile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is an extremely good primer... It's way better than Smashbox in my opinion. Other primers would make my face break out like CRAZY, but this one didn't! It's extremely good for making my makeup look smooth and making it not "slip" off my face during the summer. It makes my foundation look really even.

I only have two qualms: I wish the container was a pump. Also, you have to wait a few minutes to put foundation on over it or else the makeup becomes very slick.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by cari16

At first I really loved this stuff. It made me look totally poreless and kept my makeup in place. It didn't do anything for shine, which I was really hoping for, but two out of three isn't bad for something so cheap. However, I've started breaking out really badly and I'm convinced it is from this stuff. I've stopped using it and the pimples are going away now, but it was really unpleasant for awhile. When putting it on my face, it felt greasy and exactly like something feels when it causes breakouts... I should have known! Anyway, I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works really well, feels nice and smooth when you apply it. make sure you dont put too much on your face, a little pea-sized amount should do. Its also extremely affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ensayles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this primer for a few months now but didn't realize how addicted I've become to it until I forgot to put it on a few times in the past couple of weeks. I have noticed that without it my foundation seems to stick to my skin and doesn't want to smooth out and cover evenly. The first couple of times I didn't realize until after I was done with my makeup routine that I had left the primer out...and then it made sense. So a couple of days ago when my foundation was 'sticking' to where I originally put it, I realized I hadn't used the primer and I considered whether to keep going or retreat....so I took one of my kids' wet wipes that we keep in the bathroom and started again from scratch...it makes that much difference with applying foundation!

This primer does separate a bit every so often...the first time I wondered who had let water into my container...but it's happened maybe a half dozen times since then and I now know just to give it a quick up/down before using it and no worries. I have never used any other type of primer so I can't compare, but I am definitely converted to using primer under my foundation! And I love the silky smooth indulgent feel of putting it on in the mornings!

I usually smooth a bit of Aveeno (or the off-brand version) on my skin since I tend toward dryer skin, then maybe 30 seconds later (after brushing my hair) I put on the primer, and then maybe 30 seconds later (after taking my allergy meds) I put on foundation and get the ball really rolling. Not inconvenient at all, and worth the effort and $6 I spent at Walmart for it (and I expect to get at least 6 months worth out of it, if not quite a bit more...I only use a pea-sized amount each time and it spreads beautifully!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Leaves a silky feel, and makes my makeup go on so smooth. However, it separates a little, so sometimes it needs to be shaken. It makes my skin soft, and for $8, I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by catrob11

I like it. Sometimes it needs a good shake though.