December 21, 2014 | 1789 users online

Eyeliner - Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ilikejuice

I bought this eyeliner for the sole reason of replacing my previous favorite eyeliner Kiss Me Heroine Liquid Make Smooth Liquid Eyeliner I got from Japan. It is almost identical to that one from the packaging to the brush and the formula. I bought this one for the obvious reason that I can no longer buy the Kiss Me liner in the United States. Previous to this Kat Von D eyeliner, I'll be honest, I've never heard of the brand. I haven't ventured out to Sephora to find new makeup brands for awhile, because I've been satisfied with all my current beauty products. However, this was a really great find. The sales associate at Sephora was really helpful and she recommended this when she saw me browsing the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. I've heard the Stila eyeliner was great for many years especially from my Asian friends. However, the sales associate was also Asian and I trusted her advice because I'm sure she understands the frustration of endless smudges (I can't wear pencil eyeliner for this reason- I've tried them all, and none of them are waterproof/smudgeproof on me). She claimed that both were the same in quality, yet Kat Von D was a bit cheaper, which is why she used it.

I know many people have complained that "this isn't waterproof" and well, it isn't. Rather, it's a really great eyeliner that smudges WAY LESS than any other brand I've used, YET it comes off well with warm water (which is the bonus because I hate using makeup remover). I find that it lasts the longest with powder/eyeshadow on my eyelids before I put on the eyeliner.

One more point, I have sensitive skin and eyeliners tend to make my eyelids a bit inflamed, but this one doesn't bother me at all! I've been using it for about 2 weeks now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

okay so I saw that these were at sephora for the rewards points and I had recently gotten amazing kat von d lipsticks so I thought why not give them a try and I got 4. These are seriously amazing. They dry super fast, dont smudge AT ALL, and are super easy to use. Just a few weeks ago I had an equally amazing experience with Kat's lippies. And im going to be honest I never really shopped the line because I thought it would be gimmicky crap but seriously it may become one of my fave brands. I really reccomend going out and buying this liner and other products from this line because they are all really well formulated and they wear like a dream :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by LindaKarina

It is the most AMAZING liquid liner I've ever bought (and I've bought many) it gives you the perfect cat eye with out even trying!! I tell everyone to go out and but it cause its the best ever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Kawaiixx

Really nice and pigmented. Precise tip and very long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Truthaboutmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the set of three for a really good price at sephora . Each one had a different size felt tip. It lasted a decent amount of time and it was a great dark black color .

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

It's not as pigmented or dark as I would've liked. It's a fail proof liquid liner for beginners trying to get the hang of it. I prefer something darker. I use this on my lower lid when I'm in a rush doing my make up. I usually do the dramatic cat eye look on my upper lid with Urban Decay 24/7 liquid liner which is my HG. Kat Von D's tattoo liner is my back up liner for touch ups when I'm out and about.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by mongolhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used this product only 5 times at most and its already dried out. Also, the pigment is not strong as I would like it to be. Lasting power is okay, same as any drugstore liquid eyeliner. I prefer Stila's stay all day liquid eyeliner, specially since price difference is only 2$.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by wemadetheskyfall

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Best eyeliner ever. I am VERY clumsy with eyeliner, but this one makes putting it on so much easier. I've been using subpar eyeliners before this, cheapy smudgey ones, and I thought eyeliner's just not for me! I decided to splurge on an eyeliner sample set kit by sephora and after trying different higher-end eyeliners (MUFE, Urban Decay...) this one is definitely my favourite!

I love the shape of it - like a pen! drawing it on seems more natural! the brush tip is just right - it's easy to adjust the width of your eyeliner if you want it to be thicker or thinner by adjusting the pressure you put down. I wasn't expecting much when I got this in the sample, but it's definitely an HG for me! I'm on holiday right now and I forgot to pack this in my travel bag, and all other eyeliners just fail in comparison. Great staying power, great tip, VERY black and easy to put on. It glides very well too. I have never had any problems of the tip drying on me like other liquid eyeliners do.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by helloitsme93

I have yet come upon a HG eyeliner but this is the closest I have been. The smudge is minimal. By the end of the day, this eyeliner fades about 30-40% and creases on my oiler eye but remains almost perfect on the other eye. I do love the packaging because the cap is springy (don't know how to explain) but I feel like it locks the eyeliner in and prevents transfers when it is inside the cap. The thing I hate most is the tip. I have monolids and never want a skinny precise line, which is what the tip is good for. I prefer fatter more sharpie like tips similar to the eyeko eyeliner. I haven't used the product that often but I do feel like the product is drying up because I have to cap the product and shake before I use it on the second eye. Otherwise one eye would be a lot more pigmented then the other.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

You can do so many different looks with a black pen-style liquid eyeliner, and lately this is the one I reach for everyday. The things I love about it: the cool packaging, the depth of liner's blackness, the fact that it doesn't skip, and it's ability to last through my almost constant tearing (allergies - ugh). It removes easily with my HG remover MUFE Sens'eyes. The size of the "pen" tip is perfect - you can do a thin line or a thick line - and it's never draggy. The product has a gel-like consistency. The price is reasonable, and you can find it easily because it's sold at Sephora. I've tried so many of these pens, and this is definitely one of the best - it's even replaced my former HG, Stila's Stay-all-day (though they have a better color selection). This product does set VERY quickly so work fast - it's basically dry as soon as it's drawn, which does make it tough if you make a mistake. I find that this is actually a good thing as it doesn't smudge all over the place while you're waiting for it to dry. I love it and highly recommend!