August 20, 2014 | 1996 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by ladyaek

I've wanted this fragrance for so long now and I finally caved in and purchased it. This is such an elegant scent. In fact, I feel like it must be worn with a classy outfit. It's not too strong, and you might even think it fades quickly, but you'll get compliments all day. At first I was upset because I couldn't smell it on myself after a while - but everyone I was around was commenting on the scent and how pretty it was. It's a very clean scent and something that could be worn all year round. This is definitely my new favorite fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Yoonme

I'm in the minority but this perfume didn't work for me at all. I really, really, really wanted to like it, too. I sniffed a bunch of different perfumes at Macys and thought I liked this one the best so I bought it. Sadly, my poor nose was probably on overload, and I didn't realize until I tried it out at home that the vinyl accord scent in this really comes out on my skin. When I spritz this I get an initial blast of berries (or plum?) and flowers but then it quickly changes into this strange vinyl scent. It almost smells like vinyl pants and cigarette smoke on me. Not exactly the scent I was going for. The vinyl and cigarette scent remains for several hours before it finally, finally dries down to a nicer floral/berry finish, but it's not worth waiting around for that final dry down.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I really feel like this scent suits me, its a little mysterious and wild but also sophisticated and delicate. I bought it right away when it debuted as a happy bday to me present. I find myself wearing this more than any of my other perfumes (and I have a lot) so it's going quickly. The staying power is nice and I get a lot of compliments on it, especially from the opposite sex. I can't say this is my favorite fragrance, but I do love it and I will buy another bottle when I use the rest of the first one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by missypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I bought a mini size of this EDP and it has quickly become one of my favourite scents ever. The only thing that bothers me is that the mini version does not come with a spray cap (probably because it is so small)...so I had to invest in a perfume atomizer. My suggestion would be to invest in the big 50ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently purchased this after smelling a sample from a magazine! I'm very happy with the scent as I think its very appropriate for the warmer months ahead. The smell is complex but very modern and girly at the same time. Its one of those ones you will have to smell to understand. The staying power is decent, nothing special about that, but overall I would recommend this if you wanna try something fun for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by morganlayne_h

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is beautiful! It's only April but I predict this will be my warm-weather HG scent. It contains notes that I love, like blackberry, rose, peony and sandalwood. I have never been to Paris and wouldn't describe myself as a "Parisienne" type in any way. To me, this smells like idyllic childhood summers in the country.

On first sniff, I get blackberry and I guess vinyl, with a touch of rose. After a few minutes the rose and peony come through with a touch of green. Evenutally I'm left with a soft, rosy sandalwood.

Almost perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by greydovefeatherwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this because of the ad campaign and the philosophy behind it. Just the way it was marketed looked cool to me especially the way Kate was styled: sort of sexy, elegant, and modern at the same time. Also, it looked like it had roses in the fragrance (which I love), due to the photos for the ads. Unfortunately I didn't like the perfume. I tried spritzing it on a card, and it had that sweaty, pee undertone that a lot of modern young women's fragrances seem to have nowadays. Between that and the shrill green note that mens fragrances seem to have I'm holding my nose in the city I live in everyday. Disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normally I'm not a fan of florals as they tend to give me horrible headaches. With that said, I have no clue why I even reached for this to try when I went perfume sniffing one day. But the bottle just drew me in. I just adore the bottle. It's so cute yet chic looking! The bottle is along the lines of the V&R Flowerbomb bottle just more oblong.

Anyhow onto the perfume. This is just such a wonderful, fruity floral perfume in my opinion. The notes: vinyl accord, cranberry, blackberry, damask rose, violet, peony, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood and musk. I definitely do smell the vinyl accord in the beginning and I kinda like it! It's not really a fake plastic-y smell on me at all, but it adds a sort of clean freshness to the perfume. Once the middle notes develop, it turns into a very pleasant sweet fragrant rose scent on me. The drydown is definitely a little "darker"..a subtle smokey, woodsy, hint of musk with a overlay of the remnants of the earlier rose. I don't really detect any strong patchouli note in this, which I don't mind.

I feel confident wearing it during the day and for a nice evening out. It's a very clear, fresh rose scent on me.This is definitely not a powdery (my other instant headache inducer) floral type scent either. I think this is fantastic for year round wear, particularly in the warmer months into fall. I think during the winter I'd prefer something a bit more cozy. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This fragrance smells pretty, classy yet modern. Not too sweet, not too much floral. It smells different from other perfumes, however the lasting power isn't as long as compared to my Salvatore Ferragamo perfume otherwise I would've given it a "5" star rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by jcid819

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm actually really surprised this doesn't have a higher rating, because I love this perfume! It's a fun floral scent, I can't get enough of it. I've gotten a bunch of compliments on it too!