April 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Parisienne

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I really feel like this scent suits me, its a little mysterious and wild but also sophisticated and delicate. I bought it right away when it debuted as a happy bday to me present. I find myself wearing this more than any of my other perfumes (and I have a lot) so it's going quickly. The staying power is nice and I get a lot of compliments on it, especially from the opposite sex. I can't say this is my favorite fragrance, but I do love it and I will buy another bottle when I use the rest of the first one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by missypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I bought a mini size of this EDP and it has quickly become one of my favourite scents ever. The only thing that bothers me is that the mini version does not come with a spray cap (probably because it is so small)...so I had to invest in a perfume atomizer. My suggestion would be to invest in the big 50ml.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mobo10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently purchased this after smelling a sample from a magazine! I'm very happy with the scent as I think its very appropriate for the warmer months ahead. The smell is complex but very modern and girly at the same time. Its one of those ones you will have to smell to understand. The staying power is decent, nothing special about that, but overall I would recommend this if you wanna try something fun for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by morganlayne_h

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is beautiful! It's only April but I predict this will be my warm-weather HG scent. It contains notes that I love, like blackberry, rose, peony and sandalwood. I have never been to Paris and wouldn't describe myself as a "Parisienne" type in any way. To me, this smells like idyllic childhood summers in the country.

On first sniff, I get blackberry and I guess vinyl, with a touch of rose. After a few minutes the rose and peony come through with a touch of green. Evenutally I'm left with a soft, rosy sandalwood.

Almost perfect!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by greydovefeatherwing

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this because of the ad campaign and the philosophy behind it. Just the way it was marketed looked cool to me especially the way Kate was styled: sort of sexy, elegant, and modern at the same time. Also, it looked like it had roses in the fragrance (which I love), due to the photos for the ads. Unfortunately I didn't like the perfume. I tried spritzing it on a card, and it had that sweaty, pee undertone that a lot of modern young women's fragrances seem to have nowadays. Between that and the shrill green note that mens fragrances seem to have I'm holding my nose in the city I live in everyday. Disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Normally I'm not a fan of florals as they tend to give me horrible headaches. With that said, I have no clue why I even reached for this to try when I went perfume sniffing one day. But the bottle just drew me in. I just adore the bottle. It's so cute yet chic looking! The bottle is along the lines of the V&R Flowerbomb bottle just more oblong.

Anyhow onto the perfume. This is just such a wonderful, fruity floral perfume in my opinion. The notes: vinyl accord, cranberry, blackberry, damask rose, violet, peony, patchouli, vetiver, sandalwood and musk. I definitely do smell the vinyl accord in the beginning and I kinda like it! It's not really a fake plastic-y smell on me at all, but it adds a sort of clean freshness to the perfume. Once the middle notes develop, it turns into a very pleasant sweet fragrant rose scent on me. The drydown is definitely a little "darker"..a subtle smokey, woodsy, hint of musk with a overlay of the remnants of the earlier rose. I don't really detect any strong patchouli note in this, which I don't mind.

I feel confident wearing it during the day and for a nice evening out. It's a very clear, fresh rose scent on me.This is definitely not a powdery (my other instant headache inducer) floral type scent either. I think this is fantastic for year round wear, particularly in the warmer months into fall. I think during the winter I'd prefer something a bit more cozy. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:26:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This fragrance smells pretty, classy yet modern. Not too sweet, not too much floral. It smells different from other perfumes, however the lasting power isn't as long as compared to my Salvatore Ferragamo perfume otherwise I would've given it a "5" star rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by jcid819

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm actually really surprised this doesn't have a higher rating, because I love this perfume! It's a fun floral scent, I can't get enough of it. I've gotten a bunch of compliments on it too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

YSL Parisienne starts out as a nice floral with a dry down to roses mixed with smokey leather on me. My first thought is "roses" and really nothing else. But, barely on drydown, I sense a soothing smokey leather scent which I find sort of nice and comforting. The violet must disappear into the rose because it doesn't come out on me. I sense no violet or peony.

I never really sense the cranberry or patchouli. The patchouli must not be very heavy because this scent doesn't make me sneeze.

Parisienne is saved from becoming just another nice floral by the woodsy and green dry down. This is what sets it apart from the current lot of "nice" white florals being endorsed by celebrities right and left. Separating this scent from the pack. That's why I like Parisienne.

More on Parisienne:

Perfumers: Sophia Grojsman, Sophie Labbe.
Commercial face: Kate Moss.

Edition: Yves Sain Laurent 2009.

This fragrance YSL appeared on the market in 2009, romantically named Parisienne, which implicates its Paris fragrance antecedents, as well as its edited bottle design. Besides the official notes of Damascus rose, violet, peony, cranberry, patchouli, vetiver, musk and sandalwood, it also contains urban and bold aromas of vinyl and lacquer, reminding us of the special scent of a cosmetic bag, make – up and high-heels on the hot city asphalt.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Lilibeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Parisienne hase a base-scent that is almost the same as the top-scent. Thát is very unique because after about 15 minutes the scent doesn't change!! Parisienne has the scent of coloured flowers. It is stronger and goes deeper than a white flower-scent. That makes Parisienne not a typical summer product as whiter-flower scents do.
The "heavy" ingredients like musk and sandelwood are hardly noticable. It is a pure flower-scent without a synthetic smell and without smelling sweet.

Most new perfumes from the last ten years have a basetone that has synthetic fruits as ingredients especially mellon is often used. Dior, Lancome, Gucci and Armani produced a lot of typical synthetic scents with a toptone that differs a lot from the basetone. That is why the scent changes after a while. A lot of the brands have used the same synthetic ingredients, so many scents smell the same.
I can imagine that a lot of women who are used to those scents don't have a positive opinion about Parisienne.

Parisienne is different, has a name that fits with the scent. It is very European, it is classic, it has style and it is ultra feminin.
You can wear the scent in the evening par exemple when you are having (a romantic) dinner at a good restaurant, but also at daytime because it is not too heavy.The scent has a good staying power.
Even after washing my clothes I can still smell it and that is not a punishment for me! I feel extra feminin when I wear Parisienne.

Choosing a scent is very personal. It is a matter of taste ánd how it reacts with your skin and your personal scent.
I love this scent! It is very elegant and mature.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No