April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Matte

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this foundation ! it makes my skin look sooo flawless! i tried the sheer glow first and discovered its staying power sucked so i went and got the sheer matte and it works way better for me ! have to apply it with the fingers but it still looks really flawless ! i got matched to stromboli which is a little yellow for me ! when im getting it again ill proably get punjab or santa fe ! its not a major problem i just want it to look more natural next time round.
its staying power is really good ! i get about 6-8 hours out of it ! havnt really got anything bad to say about this foundation tbh, the reason its not my HG is due to the coverage, i would say its light and i prefer medium, but on days when i want a lighter more natural look i would deffo be reaching for this foundation !

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by furbag

This is a great foundation. A little goes a long way. It looks so natural and wears well throughout the day. I wish it came with a pump dispenser but it's not a huge deal. It set well even with moisturizer and sunblock underneath.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by hannahr20

I completely hate this foundation.. After seeing most people hyping over Nars products I thought I would give one of the foundations a go. NEVER AGAIN.. Yes it was pricey but that doesn't bother me.. It didn't rub into the skin well at all it dried straight away so quick application is needed! The bottle is awquard as hell.. It didn't come with a pump so i found it difficult to get out. On the plus side I bought this shade in Deauville which matches my skin very well. Other than that it was awful.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by oliviadilorenzo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought the sheer matte formula in stromboli. The color matched my skin perfectly. I perfect medium olive tone which I have been looking for, for a while. Completely matched the description on the website. I wasn't wicked impressed with the consistency though. It was a little runny for my liking & it doesn't blend in as easily as I am used to. I have to take a little extra time to make sure it is 100% blended in to my skin. I usually like a medium-full coverage, this was definitely more medium coverage. I am purchasing the matching powder (beach) within the next week so I am sure that I will acheive the coverage I am looking for. Overall I do like this foundation & I will be purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by ladymeag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have very fair skin. I've gone though very nearly everyone's lines - Clinique, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Illamasqua - you name it, I've tried it. The only lines that could handle my skin were the ones that offered a true-white (like paper) foundation intended for stage or severe fashion use. I've often been left blending white with the lightest pigmented shade to get an acceptable shade for my skin.

No more! NARS Sheer Matte in Siberia is very nearly dead-on for my skin. The coverage is builable, which is great, and combined with the Snow powders from either the pressed or loose I'm set for the day. I don't have any trouble with this being long wearing in rainy Seattle (if you're not familiar with Seattle weather, I take a lot of mist to the face.) The matte formula doesn't have any shimmer in it so I don't wind up with an overly glow-y look to my already pale skin, which is a definite plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only foundation that I brought for a month long trip to a tropical climate country. If that doesn't say enough about this product then allow me to expound upon it. At this time in my life, my skin has been on very good behavior, so I require very little coverage. I've been aiming for that no makeup look so this is great for a flawless yet natural finish that covers just enough redness and evens put my complexion wonderfully. I know for a fact that this would not have satisfied me when my skin was more unruly, but I'm very happy with this product currently and find my other medium-full coverage foundations to be too much.

I apply this with my fingers as suggested by the NARS representative. Usually I would use a flat top kabuki regardless, but I find that matte foundations apply better when warmed up with the fingers. One pump does the trick and another half for light spot concealing with a patting motion. Finish off with a finely milled powder and I'm shine free for a good half day. By mid day a nice, healthy glow peaks through and I don't really touch up or blot unless I've been walking around outside in the humidity.

The price is a little rough on the wallet, but the quality is there. One thing I don't appreciate is the pump situation. The fact that they sell the pump separately is ridiculous. Adding insult to injury, the pump is only available in select stores, not including Sephora, and via their website, which charges for shipping if I remember correctly. One lippy off for that. Oh and because their reps were uncommonly pushy and kind of snubbed me when I only bought the foundation and not the ridiculously overpriced Botan brush which was actually rather stiffed and prickly. An ex-NARS manager now MAC MA friend informed me that they are all like that due to company training or something along those lines. *shrug* whatevs.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is sort of heartbreaking. I have light skin with strong yellow undertones and finding a foundation that fits those two criteria has proven to be frustrating at both department stores and drugstores. Many companies seem to think only people with pink or neutral undertones can have light skin leaving me with few options if I actually want a foundation shade that resembles my actual skin color. All this is besides the fact that once I find the right color I would like a matte, long wearing foundation.

Enter NARS Sheer Matte in Gobi and Fiji (Gobi is probably the lightest shade for people with yellow undertones I have ever seen). Trying to figure out my shade in the crappy lighting in Sephora was very difficult, so I brought these two shades as samples home in order to see which was for me. As it turned out Fiji is probably a better match for my NC20-ish skin, but I can still get away with wearing Gobi as it isn't so light as to make me look ghostly.

So, application wise NARS Sheer Matte is a bit on the thin side in terms of texture, but that did not bother me as the foundation spread easily and evenly without much effort with my fingers. I love the feel of this foundation, unlike some, this foundation feels like nothing on my skin. As the name clearly states the coverage is sheer, but it can be built up a little (I didn't have much luck trying to get much more than medium coverage and admittedly I do not need a full coverage foundation personally). I think because the coverage is sheer it is really good at working with so many skin tones, the sheerness allows some of your own natural color and tone to come through. For my tests I did not use a primer since I'm not the sort of person who uses a primer for every day and it seemed important to see how the foundation would hold up with minimal help as it were.

After applying the foundation my face looked very slightly shiny. I set the foundation with MAC Blot powder and went about my day. Midway though my day I checked myself in the bathroom and my skin looked looked like it had a satin finish. So I wasn't experiencing a full on oil catastrophe, but to be honest I would have really wished this foundation would have controlled my oily skin a bit better than this. By the halfway mark I would prefer my skin only just start to look a tiny bit dewy.

By the end of the day I had experienced full oil break though on my forehead and was starting to look a bit too shiny for comfort on my chin and nose. My cheeks looked good, but my cheeks are more on the normal side anyway. I'm heartbroken that I've finally found a foundation for light, yellow toned skin that's such an awesome color match for me, but is terrible at controlling oil. I think I'll look around for a different color match elsewhere and see if I can't find something more suitable for me. I suppose if the search fails I might come back to this and try it out with primers and different powders and see if that makes it better. If you have normal to slightly dry skin that is hard to find a color match in I wholeheartedly recommend this foundation for you. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:14:00 PM More reviews by desperatehswf26

I love this foundation and I hate this foundation... It frustrates me.

Pros:
First EXACT match to my skin tone. Their colour range is AMAZING.

It lasts on me all day with barely any touch ups. Doesn't keep me perfectly matte all day, but I end up with a nice dewy/glowy look.

Cons:
Difficult to blend and tends to look cakey.

Looks heavy without covering much.

All in all I won't repurchase this, but I am happy enough to use the whole bottle. It's too bad because I'm really happy with the colour match. (NC15/Gobi for reference).

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by jaykay91

under impression, i heard a lot of good review on this one but it was not that good on my skin at all!!!!! it is so light and not smooth at all. And color rage is not suit for me

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Edited from my original review. I liked it the first two times I used it and gave it 4 stars, but I've tried it twice since (and then looked at it in MUCH better lighting than the first times) and have found it to get blotchy really easily and cake around certain parts of my face, probably because it dries so quickly and is so difficult to blend. It didn't mattify at all and my face got oily quickly (this is with NARS powder on top and MUFE primer below). The two stars go for the color range, Siberia in both the powder and the liquid foundation were perfect for my skin tone.