July 30, 2014 | 1498 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Beauty2Behold

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First off, let me start by describing my skin type; I have extremely oily skin with very large pores and acne/blemish/whitehead prone. I have redness in my cheeks and T-zone, and also have freckles that tend to look more like acne scarring. So, all in all, I have terrible skin, not to mention ingrown hairs in my upper lip area that keep coming back no matter how much I try.

I decided to check Jean-Coutu for the new Maybelline SuperStay 24hour foundation, because if anything could withstand the oil in my skin, it would be something designed for 24hour wear. WRONG!

Well, the SuperStay foundation was a huge disappointment for me.

The packaging for this isn't bad, it comes in a nice heavy duty glass bottle (just like Revlon Colorstay) and it has a screw-cap which I like. My HD MUFE foundation lid broke because it kept popping off onto the floor. Although no pump for this which means product being wasted and possible sanitary issues. Pretty standard for most drugstore foundations.

The color options seemed pretty decent, although the only option for us paler girls was porcelain Ivory Light 10 which is what I chose. This shade is far too dark for me by about 1 or 2 shades.

When I first applied it (using my hands), It felt very moisturizing and smooth, and I noticed it didn't cling to any dry patches at all. I applied it over my Lancaster mattifying sunscreen and Revlon photoready primer (which works wonders for me). This was a shock to me because as a foundation being advertized for long wear, I expected it to be hard to blend, and drying. It blended quite well and I was satisfied after the initial application. Coverage wasn't bad either, but again, it was too dark for my light ivory skin tone.

I evened out the tone with my lighter pressed powder by Covergirl in 110 Ivory, (this I have been using religiously for about 10 years now). After this, I topped it off with my usual UD eye makeup, Nars blush and bronzer. Everything looked okay, but already I could tell that my pores looked a little accentuated (even after using a buffing brush in my T-zone).

By the time I left my apartment and got to my bus stop (approx 45 minutes after applying my makeup), I checked my compact mirror to see how everything looked in the sunlight. My skin looked SO OILY already! Usually it takes another 2 hours for me to notice oil peeking through my makeup, so I thought this was strange. The whole reason for me trying this product was for it's longevity qualities.

By the end of my workday, the makeup did not last at all, it got blotchy and oxidized bad! My T-zone virtually melted the makeup off, even after blotting all day. I feel like this foundation is suitable for normal to dryer skinned people who want their makeup to last all day. Although it's advertized as being a 'Super Stay' foundation, it definitely cannot combat oil and is meant to only combat sweat and heat. It's hard to explain, but I feel like it would have worked well if I wasn't so oily, because the spots where I don't get oily stayed perfect and the makeup only moved around the pores in my T-zone.

All in all, not impressed with this foundation, My makeup did not last, even after applying a primer. I felt cakey and gross by the end of the day with patches of orange around my T-zone. I'll be going back to my BB cream until I find something that works *Sigh*.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by JaMK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this was ok...lasted long decent coverage..didnt like the way it looks...hard to blend

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. A LOT. It's my trusty standby. I stray and always come bwck. Sure, I'm nit crazy about the lack of a pump, but it's not a huge problem ilif I'm careful. I wear it in caramel. and wile it's a bit off (the color) before I powder, after I've used Ben Nye's banana powder, the color is spot on. I appreciate the price and performance. I have super oily skin but this hangs on for dear life and refuses to wear off or oxidize (or at noticeably so). I'll be using this product for a whole yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Kontaktus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this foundation for such a long time. I know now that that love was misplaced. I can't match it to my skin tone at all. The palest are all far too peachy. I do feel that after I've worn it for a while it matches a bit better but, I realise now the only reason it seems to work for me for so long is because my powder was balancing out the shade a bit.
I do love the texture of this product though. I think it goes on really smoothly and easily and stays put quite well. Smell is always a big problem for me, but this product didn't bother me at all. I also have sensitive skin and this never broke me out or gave me any grief.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is nothing new about this "new" formula apart from slapping on a new look label and making a new ad campaign. For fair skin the shade selection and longevity is exactly the same and just as bad as the old superstay and color rewind formulas. The 2 lightest shades are still super super dark (darker than MAC NC15) and too colored. Porcelain Ivory and Classic Ivory are still a ridulous pink/peach tone. Sand Beige is a much nice golden tone but is much too dark for anyone fair. They advertise this as being "24 hour" but this formula oxidises so badly that it doesn't even last "1 hour" on me. After an hour of wear it goes a full shade darker and even more orangey compared to when I first put it on. If you have fair skin I'd say its not really a "super stay", more like a "stay away"!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I got the shade Classic Beige, and it is a bit light on my NC35 skin. It used to suit my skin well when I was an NC30, but I think this shade has a bit of a neutral/rosy undertone rather than a yellow/olive undertone, so I tend to warm up the foundation with heaps of bronzer because I'm a bronzer-obsessed person!

I like the level of coverage I get with this product, fit well for going out and having fun, also with photography as it has no SPF. I only wear foundation on special occasions, so I normally grab this product as it gives me medium/full coverage, with no white cast on my face with flash photography.

However, I do often feel that the foundation is a little bit too matte on my dry areas, making lines and wrinkles under my eyes, getting a bit cakey at times. I always try to moisturise my skin fully and very well before applying this foundation. But I still think if I had the perfect match of foundation on my skin, I would definitely love this foundation with a little bit more of moisture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Super stay foundation is a verry nice foundation! It's a light texture,it blends really well! It stays on for hours! It gives a really nice and natural finish! I use natural tan for my summer olive skintone! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Jsconnelly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my main foundation throughout my last years in shook. Amazing coverage, leaves skin looking flawless and healthy ! I have this foundation in shade 021 nude which is the closest match I could find. It's a reall cheap foundations a I have never really had problems with it. I use this product on relaxed days, when I don't want heavy make up on. I love how it feels on my skin and gives my skin a nice glow. I have oily skin and it's never broke me out ! perfect drug store foundation for younger skin as its lightweight and doesn't cause any problems ! Will be re purchasing and would recommend !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:24:00 AM More reviews by tuffers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To start my review, I need to say that I'm in major menopause. I was using estrogen hormone replacement but found out due to a blood clotting issue, I had to suddenly stop taking it, which made my face break out horribly. My skin has always been very dry but suddenly, I have an oil slick on my face. I don't have to worry about mosquitoes because if they land on my face, they skid right off. My regular makeup was too emollient for my new faux puberty skin so I was on the search for something new and this make up fills the bill nicely. I had a little trouble getting the correct color but settled on Natural Beige, which is nearly an exact match. I'm not having any trouble with it staying in place from very early in the morning (2:30 a.m. I don't sleep well either) until about 7:30 in the evening when I remove it. I'm not sweating it off during those annoying hot flashes, either. The coverage is darn good, too, it covers all my new zits pretty well, with the addition of a setting powder on top. All in all, I will continue using, until my face goes back to my normal sahara dryness, if that ever happens. I do recommend this product!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by HJensen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying that I'm 16, and I have teenage skin. My skin is oily and acne prone. I have breakouts. Maybelline SuperStay is my HG foundation, thus far. I have tried many other foundations in search of a foundation that could keep the shine off my face, have long wear, lots of coverage, and not break me out. I have found that in this foundation. I tested it out for about 2 weeks before writing this review, just in case any side-effects came up.

I wore this foundation to my vacation in Las Vegas. It withstood the 107-degree desert heat without melting off my face. After a full day of wear, the makeup looked just as good as if I had just applied it! I am thorougly impressed.

I give this four lippies only because it is a bit drying. I'm assuming because it's the matte formula. That's a small sacrifice! If you moisturize well before you apply, you should be just fine.

This foundation is much better than it's cousin, Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. I was afraid to use this, because liquid foundation scared me. I didn't understand how it could possibly be matte. I switched to SuperStay because the Dream Matte Mousse broke me out horribly, and it didn't have the same lasting power.

I apply this with an ELF foundation brush and I set it with Maybelline Shine Free Oil-Control Powder in Soft Cameo. I haven't had any problems with this application. The packaging is the worst part of this product. It is a bottle with screw-top cap. There is no pump, so I pour the needed amount on the back of my hand and apply from there. The way I deal with the mess is to just take a tissue dipped in Vaseline and wipe around the top of the bottle every once in a while.

All in all, this is a great product, and I would reccommend it to anyone who needs a long-lasting, oil-control foundation!